Page 94 of 199 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 5948
    scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Steak time!

flat-iron, that is

Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    If you guys don't mind me mining your for your personal food pics.

I will in the future need pics of:
    Pork Shoulder
    Brisket
    A portion of pork ribs on a plate
    A Cubano Sandwich
    an old style hand crank meat grinder
    i have a grinder i can snap a few pics of. ill actually be making some italian sausage saturday, so ill get it done then.
    You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by scotyg View Post
    Steak time!

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/10r8exi.jpg[IMG]
    flat-iron, that is
    I'd punch a nun in the face for some of that right now.
    Heterologously Vaccinated Superior Race Crew

Kurt Russell, Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke Crew

"The dominant economic order rests on unofficial dependency and official individualism. Survival requires the transposition of these two ideas: official solidarity and unofficial individualism."

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by StoliFun View Post
    I'd punch a nun in the face for some of that right now.
    Eh... I think you'll find that punching a nun in the face just to get some red meat is sort of the "Easy Way Out"

If you really want to demonstrate a commitment, you'd have to punch your Grandmother in face... And of course the steak would have to be properly bench rested or you'd probably feel guilty.

6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    made some more tri tip

marinated and grilled
    Originally Posted by Thread Bomber View Post
    Cold Tri Tip Salad. With bitter greens, onion, corn. Tossed with olive oil and lime juice.

▂▃▅▅▅▃▂     ▲◢◤▀◥◣▃ ▍◢◤
           ▂▅▓▓▅██████▇▅◢██▀   〓 ★ 〓
          ◢▓▓▅███■▀████▓▓█◤    ◢◤ ▍◥◣
        ◢▓▓▆███▀▐ ▊▀▓▀█▓  ▓▲
       ◢▓▓▆██▀ ▼▍▍▲▌▐▓◥█▓▓██◣
     ▃ ▓▆███▓ ▍▎▌▍▍▼▍▌▓ █████▅
    ▐█▓█████▃▼▌▐ ▐ ▌▍▼ ◢█████▓█◣
    █▊■██████◣▓ ▌▍▲◥◤ ▅██████▓█▊
    ◥■ ████████▅▼▀▃▆███████▓▓▼
    ◢█▲▓████████▆█▀▓▓▓█■▀▓▓▓█▆
    ....◣█▓██████████▓▓▓█▃▓▓▓▼

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    So does anyone have just tucked under their arm a picture of a Porterhouse, a T-Bone, A Filet Mignon and a Ribeye?
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Executive Culinary OG ChefPhalBignuts's Avatar
    ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So does anyone have just tucked under their arm a picture of a Porterhouse, a T-Bone, A Filet Mignon and a Ribeye?
    Cooked or raw?
    *Chefbrah Crew*

Dallas
    Cowboys

Originally Posted by ChefPhalBignuts View Post
    Cooked or raw?
    Preferably cooked... But if all of them were raw, it would be okay as well.... Just don't want some cooked and some raw.
    6'4"

Executive Culinary OG ChefPhalBignuts's Avatar
    ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Preferably cooked... But if all of them were raw, it would be okay as well.... Just don't want some cooked and some raw.
    Sides or no sides? We don't have tbones or phouses here at the club. I will be going to the steakhouse to screw around with the old crew tomorrow night though
    *Chefbrah Crew*

Dallas
    Cowboys

jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000) jlf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    tips on grilling chicken?

grilling vs barbeque with chicken?

grill tilapia? Wrap in foil and add lemon juice would be my guess?

Never grilled, want to start.
    Makes bout $350/week crew ( srs )
    Second Job because no social life crew ( totally ok with it )
    Ex Dipper, Smoker, Vaper, **** can't control me cuz
    ** Good vibe crew **
    ** Bearded brah **

DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Got you on the Porterhouse and Ribeye

Porterhouse:

Ribeye:
    Aerospace Engineering
    University of Miami
    Boston Sports|S&P|Cologne
    Wetbreasts is gonna make it

Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiden11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In for educational purposes
    *Never posts anything worth reading crew*
    *Kills threads with weak posts crew*
    *Always the last post in a thread crew*
    *Bumps threads hoping someone else will post crew*
    *Ends up having the last two posts in thread crew*

Originally Posted by ChefPhalBignuts View Post
    Sides or no sides? We don't have tbones or phouses here at the club. I will be going to the steakhouse to screw around with the old crew tomorrow night though
    Doesn't really matter one way or the other... I mean if there's some mashed potatoes and sauteed onions on the side that's fine. Just needs to look like a home cook could have done it... So like no... Food tray that it's sitting on, fries in a wrapper etc...

The thing I need the pictures for is a sample article about how to grill a steak... And I'm introducing each piece of meat with it's Pro's and Con's...

So I figure a picture of each cut of steak would be helpful for newbies etc...
    6'4"

Originally Posted by DougieC View Post
    Got you on the Porterhouse and Ribeye

Porterhouse:

Ribeye:
    Boy you guys sure are better at food photography than I am!

Thanks!
    6'4"

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Steak is now on the menu for this weekend. Will post pics.
    Coffee Crew: Bold Black Crew

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jlf View Post

Tilapia is tricky to do on the grates themselves. I pretty much steam it in foil to just get the smoke flavor from the grill and add whatever veggies or herbs in there to cook with it. I have tons of squash from the garden right now so I need to cook that.

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

The best tasting and juiciest chicken is bone in and skin on.

It also happens to be the least expensive way to buy chicken. On the average, depending on the market for a quality cut of chicken breast you are paying 25 to 50% more for boneless & skinless, just due to the labor costs to debone and remove the skin at the processing plant.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to pay more money to have someone else reduce the flavor!

When it comes to grilling chicken, I can understand there are people out there that keep a strict eye on their calories and want to have the chicken skinless, because of the fat content of the skin. However if you take the skin off then you're taking the surface of the breast meat and exposing it directly to high heat which will dry it out.

If the fat content of the chicken is a major concern for you, then I would advocate grilling it with the skin on and then removing the skin before plating. Sure some of the fat is going to render out in the cooking into the meat, but that amount is actually rather small. Most of the rendered fat is going to end up running off or staying secured in the skin.

The bone is an important contributor to the flavor because the collagen in the bone and connective tissue renders out and contributes gelatin and flavor into the meat.

So all this talk of how rendering contributes to the flavor tells us that slower cooking on indirect heat is the key cooking method.

Before we get to grilling we should address the marinade. There are a lot of different marinade and rub options that you can find on the shelves of every grocery store.

My fall back base method takes on an Italian flare.

In a small side bowl blend together a mixture of chopped rosemary, salt, fresh cracked pepper, two cloves of minced garlic, a light sprinkle of smoked paprika, a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of olive oil.

Take your chicken breast and with your finger on the thickest part of the breast, make a small separation between the skin and the meat. Then slowly pour in the marinade. By tucking it under the skin it will help keep the marinade from running off or burning away.

Start your grill with one propane element on medium heat on or a charcoal pile off to one side. When it comes to planning your sides, you should anticipate around 35 to 45 minutes of total cook time.

Place the chicken just off to the side of the main heat, bone side down with the thickest part of the meat towards the fire. This is a good time to add some wood chips to the fire. If you want to add some smokey flavor and mild hickory or apple wood is the better choice over a strong wood like Mesquite.

The target temperature for the grill at this point is 250 degrees.

20 minutes rotate the chicken, still bone side down, so that the thinnest part of the breast is toward the fire.

After ten minutes have passed, check the temperature of the meat with a probe thermometer, it should be in the neighborhood of 155. Once it is 155, flip the chicken over skin side down over the direct heat and let it finish to an internal temperature of 165.

If you don't want the skin, remove it at the flip.
    6'4"

So on my grill the metal arms that allow me to adjust the coal box up and down recently broke. (I use it so much metal fatigue burned them through.

Last night I picked a bunch of fresh peppers and onions out of the garden and marinaded a round steak (Out of skirt steak in the freezer) to make some fajitas.

Well Fajitas on the grill with the cast iron griddle are a maximum high heat application. So to raise the coal box I just put a big piece of apple wood under the coalbox grate figuring it would hold up long enough for me to grill before burning through.

Set everything up... Snapped some quick pics of the meat and grilling veg with the heat on high and the top open... Ran in the house to lay out the plates and everything. Suddenly the baby pukes on my wife and fills her diaper at the same time.

Wife shoves the baby in my arms. I had to change the diaper and the outfit. Probably took my time a little too much.

Went back out to the grill. (Sort of forgot the top was still open too)

You know how they say when the nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki that you could see the shadows of where people were standing because the light emited by the bomb going off caused photons to bleach the exposed stone and wood.

Well apparently there must be the shadow of a 6'4" man with his arms held up in surprise now shadow burned into the siding of my garage.

HOLY HELL!

I guess I kind of hadn't cleaned some of the fats and redered soot out of the grill in a while. When the fire ROLLED OVER from the coal box it ignited all of this stuff. Which rose into a massive column of satanic flame burning like 15 feet high.

Like I'm sure people on the International space station thought someone invented and fired a DEATH RAY at them.

The steak was actually salvagable... Only medium well... The vegetables however were completely immolated!

When I closed the lid the thermo said is was 575 inside there. Hell wood spontaneously ignites at 451!
    6'4"

One of Our Best Posters KCBadBoy's Avatar
    KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KCBadBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I thought I would show ya guys what I smoke on for big family bbq's and comps....

This smoker was built last year by a few friends and I

<Kansas Misc. Crew>
    <KC Chiefs>
    <KC Royals>
    <Sporting KC>
    <Kansas Jayhawks>
    <Alex Morgan Fan Club>

SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In!!

BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KCBadBoy View Post
    I thought I would show ya guys what I smoke on for big family bbq's and comps....

This smoker was built last year by a few friends and I

hory sheet. bad ass!! i could just imagine hauling this thing to a party or the beach. i'd be king dingaling
    "lady who goes fishing with men, comes back with red snapper" ~ Walt Whitman, 1986

★★ Blast it With Piss Crew ★★

♋ Mods close my wat do threads Crew ♋

StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Chicken does very well with dry brining. Defrost it (if you have to) and sprinkle it with one teaspoon of kosher salt per pound of chicken (focusing more of the salt on the thicker pieces like the breast and thighs). Leave it in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight. Then season and grill like normal.

Can't go wrong with either grilling or bbq'ing, but bbq chicken breasts kind of suck. I'd rather dry brine them for a couple hours and just grill them on the bone.

But legs and thighs get very interesting when bbq'd. Parts of the chicken that you didn't know were even edible become extremely tasty. I love to throw leg quarters on the grill, close the vents, put some chunks of wood on the charcoal, and let it smoke away.

If you aren't going to expose the fish to the flavor of wood or charcoal, why fire up your grill in the first place? Tilapia is so thin, and I've never eaten it except boneless and skinless, that I'd just do it in a sautee pan or in the oven.

Now, if you have access to a decent fish monger, you can buy a filet of fish, even a bigger one like a grouper, and cook it on the half shell. You leave the scales on, put the filet skin side down directly over medium heat and occasionally mop it with, say, a Greek-ish olive oil / lemon juice / oregano / garlic mixture, taking it off when the flesh flakes. That'd be very tasty indeed.
    Heterologously Vaccinated Superior Race Crew

Kurt Russell, Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke Crew

"The dominant economic order rests on unofficial dependency and official individualism. Survival requires the transposition of these two ideas: official solidarity and unofficial individualism."

When it comes to grilled chicken, if it isn't bone on and skin on it's a sin... you will go to hell and Adolf Hitler shoves a pineapple up your butt backwards.

I would rather grill on propane than have a Boneless Skinless BBQ chicken breast.

Now there are pan applications where BLSL has a place... But it's certainly not on the grill.

When it comes to chicken thighs... What a great piece of meat!

It's just so unpopular in America since the Baby Boomer generation puked it's cultural consciouness on the market place that we actually ship something like 38 oil tankers (Converted to refrigeration ships) of Chicken thighs to China and Russia each year which we sell at a near loss just to get rid of the things.

At the same time, it's the most popular meat in my freezer for CHEAP!
    6'4"

Thighs are the shiZ. Cheap and even better are leg quarters. Sometimes you can catch them for $0.25/lb at the grocery store. Stock up.

No Steak pics this past weekend. I got rained out.

My family is bad about eating out often. We are on a no take out no eat out August. So far so good. Planning makes it much easier and buying food that is versatile like rice, frozen veggies, etc. We buy the meat as needed and keep it simple.

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    fuark where has this thread been
    Kings - Giants - Sharks - Chargers
    MMA/Boxing

scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    gonna smoke some chicken leg quarters tomorrow.
    You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Originally Posted by RockyIV View Post
    Thighs are the shiZ. Cheap and even better are leg quarters. Sometimes you can catch them for $0.25/lb at the grocery store. Stock up.

No Steak pics this past weekend. I got rained out.

My family is bad about eating out often. We are on a no take out no eat out August. So far so good. Planning makes it much easier and buying food that is versatile like rice, frozen veggies, etc. We buy the meat as needed and keep it simple.
    Yeah a few weeks back I was at WalMart, normally I don't even shop the meat section since there's an awesome country butcher here and all of WalMart's red meat is "Enhanced".

The meat guy was unloading family packs of chicken leg quarters... 4 quarters for around $3.50 a pack.

He'd put one out, I'd put it in my cart. He'd put two out, and I grabbed them and put them in my cart.

He looks at me and says "How about you tell me how many you want and I'll just put them in your cart!"

My wife screws them up and fires up the oven to 400 and roasts them to 165 and takes them out... They're not really tender and succulent when done that fast.

If I'm not slow smoking them, I put them in the oven at 275 and let them go for an hour and a half until they damn near shred off the bone.

I just make a 4 pack every time and then shred the left overs for a chef salad or chicken salad sandwiches the next day.
    6'4"

DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DougieC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm celebrating by making some churrasco, like I learned in Brazil will update with pics. Can't wait!
    Aerospace Engineering
    University of Miami
    Boston Sports|S&P|Cologne
    Wetbreasts is gonna make it

eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10) eagabj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any other miscers here have a Big Green Egg. Most versatile piece of cooking equipment known to mankind. Picked mine up a few months ago and was wondering if anyone else knew the pure heaven of a BGE cooked steak.
    Attached Images
    Oil Field Trash Crew
    Floater of Steel Crew
    "I got nerves of steel, balls to boot and I know how to make steel float"

Originally Posted by eagabj View Post
    Any other miscers here have a Big Green Egg. Most versatile piece of cooking equipment known to mankind. Picked mine up a few months ago and was wondering if anyone else knew the pure heaven of a BGE cooked steak.
    I have a few friends that have them and they seem overrated to me. These guys can't cook so they go by the "time" that is listed in the "Big Green Egg" cookbook. They ask me when to pull off the food while looking at their watch. I tell them "when it's done" and not a moment before. They get hung up on how many more minutes.. SMH.

I've had so many "hockey puck" chicken breasts cooked to probably 230 degrees. No thanks Jeff.

It seems like the company has sold it as the high end idiot proof but my friends are just the kind of idiots that know nothing about food that can break their hypothesis.

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

Originally Posted by RockyIV View Post
    I have a few friends that have them and they seem overrated to me. These guys can't cook so they go by the "time" that is listed in the "Big Green Egg" cookbook. They ask me when to pull off the food while looking at their watch. I tell them "when it's done" and not a moment before. They get hung up on how many more minutes.. SMH.

I've had so many "hockey puck" chicken breasts cooked to probably 230 degrees. No thanks Jeff.

It seems like the company has sold it as the high end idiot proof but my friends are just the kind of idiots that know nothing about food that can break their hypothesis.
    Don't even get me started on people who cook things based on "Minutes."

I'm currently in a cold war turning hot with my in-laws, who until they started watching Food Network six months ago thought that making a hot ham and cheese sandwich was challenging cuisine.

So now everything is cooked, grilled, baked or whatever for EXACTLY the number of minutes it says on the Food Network Recipe.
    (Is there an icon for blinding rage?)

The other day my Mother in Law came over and I had put together a pizza from scratch. Just slid it on the hot stone in the oven and I was going to run down stairs and get the garbage together (I knew I had time and it was garbage day)

She asked me "How long on the pizza?" Which I assumed was her just saying she was hungry.

I told her "Around 20 minutes."

I come back up like 16-17 minutes later with bags of garbage and whatnot... And she's counting down using the microwave timer counting down 1 minute intervals, then opens the door to the oven and gives it a look... 1 minute... Open the door.

When I tried to intercede she boxed me out of the kitchen like "No-No... Ignorant Male clean garbage... I've got this!"

Then when the pizza took 31 minutes she told me "Wherever you got the recipe from didn't do the time right!"

Don't even get me started about my Toxic Step Father in Law who informed me that you have to put the olive oil on a steak right away and then right before it goes on the grill you salt it.

I wonder which Guy Fierie show he got that information from?

/Rant
    6'4"