Closed Thread
Page 9 of 331 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast
    Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if im upping my calories is it an okay thing to just jump up to the calorie level that I should be at, or do I need to slowly add up. If i need to do it slowly, how slowly do I need to do it? I just found out that I was eating way too little and want to get my body up to the right amount of calories a day asap, but I dont want to put on a bunch of fat at the same time. I am raising my caloric intake by like 600 grams. If i need to spread this out how would I go about doing that? Im continuing to exercise so its not like im starting to eat a bunch more while laying in bed.
    Thanks

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by Ryanmoe
    if im upping my calories is it an okay thing to just jump up to the calorie level that I should be at, or do I need to slowly add up. If i need to do it slowly, how slowly do I need to do it? I just found out that I was eating way too little and want to get my body up to the right amount of calories a day asap, but I dont want to put on a bunch of fat at the same time. I am raising my caloric intake by like 600 grams. If i need to spread this out how would I go about doing that? Im continuing to exercise so its not like im starting to eat a bunch more while laying in bed.
    Thanks
    You definately need to increase the calories slowly, otherwise your metabolism will not know what to do with all the extra calories and they will immediately be stored as fat. I would not be increasing it any faster than 200 calories a week or maybe two weeks. Plus - make sure you spread the calories evenly over the day (but you probably knew that anyway). Doing it slowly also gives you time to see if your body starts to reacts to the extra calories.

Registered User nolimitsfor2003's Avatar
    nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    listhen to emma but i am just curious how much you were off by in your cal count and i was wondering what your height and weight was just curious if you feel like sharing that info good luck Peace
    no great man ever thought him self so

with out the mind the body weight don't mean nothing

Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was eating like 1200-1400 cals a day, Im 19, 160, and im raising to like 1800. Im thinking that I dont have to take it too slow, because my calories bounce from lower and higher than that deptnding on how hungry I was on a given day, im still going to take about a week to take it up to that number.

JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50) JD- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah keep it kinda slow, even though 1200-1400 is WAY low for a 160-pounder. general guideline.... NEVER go under 10x your bodyweight. i've made the mistake myself...
    16 years old
    5'2" - 107lbs.
    Bench: 135lbs.
    ....slowly growing from a 92lb. freak....

VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm new to this board, as you can see...

But I was just wondering if anyone thinks I have a eating disorder.
    -I eat spontaneously, but healthy (mostly snacks, around 4 meals a day also)
    -I eat when I think i have to (about every 2 hours)
    -If I don't eat meat at least once in a day i have this feeling that i will loose muscle
    -I can't remember the last time I actually felt hungry.

Just curious if anyone else is like this and if they think it's a problem.
    19 yrs old
    5'11''
    182lbs
    10% bf and Clean Bulking

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by VAZINE
    I'm new to this board, as you can see...

But I was just wondering if anyone thinks I have a eating disorder.
    -I eat spontaneously, but healthy (mostly snacks, around 4 meals a day also)
    -I eat when I think i have to (about every 2 hours)
    -If I don't eat meat at least once in a day i have this feeling that i will loose muscle
    -I can't remember the last time I actually felt hungry.

Just curious if anyone else is like this and if they think it's a problem.
    Eating disorders are usually about the throught processes and mental obsessions surrounding food rather than how much or how frequently you eat.

Overall it sounds like you are eating well, but you have not said if you are eating adequate calorie levels. Are you loosing weight? Are you eating enough for your body size and activity? You are doing the right thing in eating constantly throughout the day. This helps in keeps your metabolism up. It should not be a problem if you do not get hungery. This might just mean that you are filling your nutritional needs and the hunger centers in your hypothalamus (a part of your brain) are not being activated.

If you feel that you are getting overly obsessed or unflexable regarding your diet, where you reach as stage where you 'have to' eat a certain thing at a certain time or 'can not' eat or dread eating, then you might start to worry about a problem.

VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAZINE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whew! i was a little worried for a while there.... I started eating more after searching around the boards for a few weeks and was wondering if i was going overboard.

I never calculated my total calorie levels throughout the day. Although i think it is high enough. I just recently put on about five pounds in a month and a half but it took me a long time to start gaining weight again. I had been around 166(started at 145) for about 4 months.

here is an idea of the kind of food i eat

630 Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites & 1 egg scrambeled and a multi vitamin with a glass of water. sometimes i substitute the oatmeal with two bowls of raisin bran related cereals

830 Snack: String cheese and about 1/2 cup almonds.

1130 Lunch: a medium sized carrot, a ham sandwich on wheat bread, a banana, 1 oz beef jerkey, 1 string cheese stick, a few chips, and a bottle of water.

workout 215 (till about 3)
    Post workout gatorade immediately. 20 min later 1 serving of whey protein.

about an hour later i make myself either a sirloin hamburger or a chicken breast with a salad.

Dinner is at random, but my mom cooks healthy foods.

Before bed: 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 2 liver tabs (universal)

Do you think i should change anything about my diet. I don't eat the same things every day, I switch it up every once and a while.
    Should I eat more?
    Last edited by VAZINE; 05-06-2003 at 11:35 PM.
    19 yrs old
    5'11''
    182lbs
    10% bf and Clean Bulking

nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nolimitsfor2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by VAZINE
    Whew! i was a little worried for a while there.... I started eating more after searching around the boards for a few weeks and was wondering if i was going overboard.

I never calculated my total calorie levels throughout the day. Although i think it is high enough. I just recently put on about five pounds in a month and a half but it took me a long time to start gaining weight again. I had been around 166(started at 145) for about 4 months.

here is an idea of the kind of food i eat

630 Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites & 1 egg scrambeled and a multi vitamin with a glass of water. sometimes i substitute the oatmeal with two bowls of raisin bran related cereals

830 Snack: String cheese and about 1/2 cup almonds.

1130 Lunch: a medium sized carrot, a ham sandwich on wheat bread, a banana, 1 oz beef jerkey, 1 string cheese stick, a few chips, and a bottle of water.

workout 215 (till about 3)
    Post workout gatorade immediately. 20 min later 1 serving of whey protein.

about an hour later i make myself either a sirloin hamburger or a chicken breast with a salad.

Dinner is at random, but my mom cooks healthy foods.

Before bed: 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 2 liver tabs (universal)

Do you think i should change anything about my diet. I don't eat the same things every day, I switch it up every once and a while.
    Should I eat more?
    well it does not sound liek you have and eating disorder but I am a little confused after seening your meal plan do you want to cut or bulk because really there is no in between you have one of those in between diets. String cheese and almonds is real bad choice for a meal. and your pre work out meal if really far from the time you work out and its not the best pre work out meal also. From what I gather I doubt you are getting enough protein there is no good source of healty fat in your diet I see know green veggies for fiber too many other things to address but I dont know if you want to bulk or cut so clear that up and then you set up a real meal plan

also I dont know how you were totaling your meals but here is a site with just about everything on it
    http://www.ntwrks.com/~mikev/chart1.html

darkchile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what have I done?!

I'm glad there is a thread about the subject of eating disorders. And I'm glad that a lot of guys have stepped up to admit that it happends to us as well.
    I have a HUGE problem with emotional eating(comfort food). I've been doing pretty well with it..........UNTIL TODAY. I had a stressful experience at work and after I got off work, I went to the grocery and bought me some SNACKWELL'S PEANUT BUTTER CHIP bite sized cookies. And guess what? I ate the ENTIRE BOX within 15 minutes time. That's horrible. Now I feel compelled to go back to the gym(i've already been to the gym this morning) and do 45 minutes worth of cardio! I'm starting to feel guilty.
    I thought I've conquered that problem. I've been doing VERY well with my weight training/cardio/diet program. I've made gains in muscularity and loss a lot of weight because of my consistency.
    I'm hoping that this sort of thing that I did today doesn't happend again. When a crisis happends, I'm going to have to channel my energy somewhere else.
    Sorry for all the venting guys. At the time I'm writing this, I have no where else to vent to.

By the way, can anybody relate to this? If so, please give me some feedback. Thanks for a listening ear, everyone.

Darkchile.

Re: what have I done?!

Originally posted by darkchile
    I'm glad there is a thread about the subject of eating disorders. And I'm glad that a lot of guys have stepped up to admit that it happends to us as well.
    I have a HUGE problem with emotional eating(comfort food). I've been doing pretty well with it..........UNTIL TODAY. I had a stressful experience at work and after I got off work, I went to the grocery and bought me some SNACKWELL'S PEANUT BUTTER CHIP bite sized cookies. And guess what? I ate the ENTIRE BOX within 15 minutes time. That's horrible. Now I feel compelled to go back to the gym(i've already been to the gym this morning) and do 45 minutes worth of cardio! I'm starting to feel guilty.
    I thought I've conquered that problem. I've been doing VERY well with my weight training/cardio/diet program. I've made gains in muscularity and loss a lot of weight because of my consistency.
    I'm hoping that this sort of thing that I did today doesn't happend again. When a crisis happends, I'm going to have to channel my energy somewhere else.
    Sorry for all the venting guys. At the time I'm writing this, I have no where else to vent to.

By the way, can anybody relate to this? If so, please give me some feedback. Thanks for a listening ear, everyone.

Darkchile.

welcome to the board dark yes I can definelty relate with your situations and I know many others do to. your not venting you sharing with us you stiuation problem this is the place to do that.
    Sounds like you know that eating disorders have to do with your emotions and how you control your emotions. Eating disorders are usually about how you think and mental obsessions surrounding food not how much or how often you eat.
    Sounds like you had a good plan going on with diet and training stick to that but you can do it we all can and its ok to slip some times as long as you get back up. I know that in the past i have been so strict on myself that I wont have any junk for long peridos of times monts and months and months and one day it will just hit me and the cravings will come for weeks at a time. Instead of eating the whole box just have a couple and plan it into your daily calorie count. or dont ad it in dont be to strict on your slef and dont feel guilty just take it one day at a time. another thing that i have alos learned is tha I personally will never be cured, but I can learn to deal with it and you can to.

darkchile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

thanks no limits! your input was greatly appreciated.
    I try to have a "cheat" meal once a week (usually on Saturdays). That way I won't feel like I deprive myself of the things that I truly enjoy eating. I even heard that one cheat meal or one cheat day(according to Body for Life plan) is beneficial for you.
    But I try not to go overboard. I DO love to eat. And consider myself a big eater. And when I wasn't excercising, I would just eat and eat and eat.....I have controlled this and like my eating is cleaner and much lighter than it was a year ago.
    But this emotional eating that I did earlier was just one of those rare moments.

darkchile
    the 'chile' is pronounced like 'chyle'

kangababie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Hi everyone,
    figured this was a good a place as any to jump in.
    I am new to the board so HI!
    I'm 26 and I suffered with bulimia for 12 years and anorexia for 2.
    I hated my body growing up. I grew soo quickly and devoloped at a very rapid rate. I was taught at a very eraly age my body was bad and something to be ashamed of and covered up. I just didn't understand my shape.
    I can still remember my first purge..I was 13 and it was triskets or something like that. It didn't fully blum until later on in high school and college. At my worst, I would have anxiety attacks if I would eat. Didn't matter what it was or how healthy, just the idea of food in me scared me to death. I had a few near fatal scares that I'm not produ of at all. Worst part was, it didn't scare me. And I know my case isn't typical, but one day just this light bulb wnet off that I didn't want to do it anymore. I wanted to make peace with my body. I did about 6 months of couseling. But you get to ap oint where it doesn't fix it. Cuz you know the problems and you understand why you're doing it, then you have to take action. A friend of mine was into lifting and he helped me with my first training diet and exercise. My body fat started to come down. I kept training and worked for a gym. I wasn't better by any means but I was learning.
    I went thru another relaps about 3 years ago and my friend moved me into his house to get me away from my triggers and allow me to get stronger mentally so I could deal. In 2002 I was soo skinny at 5'11 155lbs I looked like a skelton. I had constant dark circles under my eyes, couldn't keep warm, couldn't sleep, never felt hungry. IN febuary, my body totally shut down. I devoloped a massive infection in my upper respitory sytem. My lungs, sinus' ears throat..everything was infected. The doctors said if I didn't start gaining weight, I could die. I recovered and met my first bodybuilding boyfriend. He got me into lifting seriously. I had always been into fitness but never to this degree. We broke up semi due to my disorder. He used it against me becuz I started purging again when we were having problems. I had a hard time expressing my feelings to him and instead of letting them out and facing them, I would throw them up. He said I wasn't better and how could he ever trust me to tell him when i needed him. And it accured to me finally that I couldnt' be better for him or anyone else. I had to be better for me. April 17th 2002 was my last purge. I started training seriously with a great trainer in orlando who helped me thru those first hellish 3 months. Where I had to face the anxiety when I was upset and speak my feears and my thoughts. I left orlando and moved back to my home town, mentally strong and able to cope with what was rewally happening. I will not say I haven't wanted to purge. I just decided I wanted to be better more than I wanted to purge and that starving myself and throwing up wasn't going to help my feelings or my goals.
    I have year and a month purge free. I'm able to allow myself to gain weight and realize I have to gain to put size on. ANd I have to be careful when I diet down. I have surrounded myself with a few close friends who help support me and keep me calm when I go off the deep end. I hope to compete later on this year and I'm here for anyone who needs to talk or that support
    I"m glad this thread is here, I've never seen it on any other board.
    the hardest part about moving forward is not looking back

wow thanks for sharing your post. I think the more people post it will only help others. Let me congratulate you on being a year in a month free of purging. That is no easy task that takes a lot of will power.

I am sorry to hear about soome of the personal issues that you have struggled with, but it sounds like your training and personal life is starting to come around. Thats great it sounds like you are staying postive. I just wanted to congratulate you welcome you and thank you for taking the time out to share something so personal

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ah yes... eating disorders... i suffered from one a while ago and never looked back... if anyone wants any support, i can talk to you... by far, the most threatening form of an eating disorder is obesity, with illnesses such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia occupying only a very small portion... yet the media loves them, hey?
    Last edited by Buff_Daddy; 05-28-2003 at 06:04 PM.
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

KitKat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow A different approach....

I've been thinking about this for a while now - let me know if you agree. I think my being unsuccsessful in stopping bingeing is because I'm putting all my attention on what is WRONG & reinforcing the idea that this is BAD & thereby attracting more & more of what I DONT want. I think using visualisation is a very good technique to break habits such as these. Try this:

the idea is to become & feel like the person you are WITHOUT your habit eg bingeing, smoking etc - think of 5 scenarios where you can see yourself free from bingeing = maybe envisage yourself alone in the house, a usual time to binge cos no-one is there to watch, then feel what it would be like to feel satisfied & content with your normal evening meal, putting your plate down and not even sparing a thought to what else could be around to eat, your mind is happily occupied with other things, maybe you even have a small chocolate, enjoy it & are satisfied by that. Try to step into that person that is you & really believe that that is the reality NOW & act as that person who has no thought for bingeing at all. Just like we visualise our bodies the way we want to look, we can do the same with our habits & believe & act as tho we never had them in the first place. make a movie in your mind as you watch yourself go about your daily routine as tho food is there simply for the fuel it is & not this powerful demon we have let it become & slip into the vision & act your part. If you can create a vision like this your mind will strive to make it a reality.

We need to stop resisting this so much but change our approach - whats the use iin trying to stop ourselves in exactly the same way every binge? it hasnt worked before so why will this time be different? We should accept ourselves as perfect the way we are, know that our cells know their job better than we do - our job is to eat the food & they will sort it out. if you feel like a bite of this have some, enjoy life, be happy be free, the strict dieting just encourages relapses - just chill a bit & find a balance. do skinny people never overeat? of course they do but its not an issue for them so they just carry on as normal which is what we should do but we spend hours berating ourselves for our actions which just digs it deeper. every time we look in the mirror we should point out to ourselves all the positive achievements we've made - wow that muscle looks fantastic compared to 6 months ago not bleh my stomach looks fat - reach always for the positive, happy, confident thought & more will be attracted to you naturally. love yourself your worth it.
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

I did not get better in the ways most people do. Going to clinics, therapy, medication things like that.
    The one thing I have noticed that helps the most, is telling people about it. NOt for sympathy or anything,but it takes away it's power. Think about it, we're soo ashamed of our behaviour, so secreative. Who watns anyone to know we run to the bathroom and throw up our food? When I first started getting better, I was so ashamed of telling people I had one let alone admitting when I needed and wanted to purge. I'd go thru these horrible anxiety attacks becuz I knew it was bad and I felt so guilty for doing it but sometimes the urges were so overwhelming. But once I started telling people I I had an eating disorder. When I'd find a few trusted friends that I would IM or call when I had teh urge to throw up...it took the anxiety away. It took the shame away..it took the power away from the eating disorder.

The biggest challange for me was telling my mom. I remember at my sickest, I told my counselor I'd rather be in the hospital with tubs in me than tell my parents. Cuz adleast then, they might not used it against me to hurt me. Thats how scared I was and ashamed. Last summer, after I had 3 months purge free, I called my mom on the phone to tell her. I just said look, I have something to tell you. And tho she didn't react in the best way and it's never been spoken of again, I felt like a huge weight had been taken off my shoulders. It no longer had the power of me that it once had.

wow kitkat and kangababie great post it takes a lot share with everyone.

kitkat i definetly feel you are on the right track by trying to always find the positive and not focus on the little inperfections.

Kangababie you must be very strong because i know that i could never tell anybody about my probelm it took me a very long time just to post in this thread, being a teenage male i am filled with shame i can't even face myself most of time. the only reason that i sarted posting in this thread was because maybe my post could help somebdoy else. I know every time i read someone elses post it helps me out.

thanks to everyone who post

baby, it has nothing to do with being strong.
    I was at one point where you were. I didn't want anyone to know!
    For me adleast, I just got to a point where I wanted to be able to face myself. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life like that. I still have an eating disorder. I always will. However, I realize I have control over it now. It doesn't control me.

mantrasun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for roughly the last 2 monthes like once or twice a week for no particular reason i will go on a binge and eat a lot of bad carbs and high sugar foods, i cant seem to control myself unless i leave the house..then afterwards i feel like crap and will go and do a bunch of cardioif the gym is still open and workout, and then i will like have o carbs and fat for like 4 days. I have had a really clean diet for a long time but lately i feel like i am losing it and i feel like crap for days afterwards, its like been a repeating cycle. Im 20 a male have around 10% bf and am pretty happy with my physique but i feel like im turning into a pig,,any help please

whats up mantrasun when I was a little younger I was real over weight the fat kid in school bla bla you know the story and I wanted to loose weight so bad i developed some real bad eating habbits and found my self with and eating disorder in 6th grade I have been dealing with this all my life that **** will never go away. A year a go my weight was really out of control and I was like i need to stop this **** so i started exercising and actually learning a lot about nutrition and found out what to eat whent to eat etc I made some real big changes I cut up like never before got down to arould 8% bf and then I was like its time to bulk so I bulked up super clean that was great then I started cutting and two months in to cutting I started to go F ing nuts I wanted to go back to my old habbits. I was so strict on my bulk no cheat meals nothing and the same with my cut. So i knew i had to do something fast. So I started reading about Keto diets best move I ever made. I was scared to swicth at first because I was already at around 9% and I didnt want to F that up but I switched ant it worked and I dropped a lot of water wieght and I am eaisly maintaing 6 to 7 % right now with no cravings or anything. I could go lower if I wanted to but there is no need to be that trim if you dont have a show. Ha ha ha sorry for the long drawn out post but what I am saying is look in to keto, If not then its alll about will power and dont be so heard on your self with your diet its ok to have cheat meals if you can control them it will shock your body and its good for your mind good luck bro

ive looked into keto also, eating all the fat is what somewhat turned me away though, even though the carbs are really low i dont know if i could do it. Also when i was 13-about 15 1/2 i was overwieght and lost like 60 pounds in about 3 monthes (i went from about 170 to ly lowest at 105) ended up at the doctors like once a month for check ups cause they thought i was anarexic. Now i am like 5'11" and like 135, im not too concerned with getting real big, i would just rather be very cut but i thinkn there is a mental problem still there im not sure

yea bro dealing with eating disorders this always menatal problems its usually all mental. WOW bro 5'11 135 thats really skinny bro it sounds like you should bulk I know thats the last thing you want to hear but bro you are skinny. I am about 5'9 166 and i think I am skinny. I use to be like you all i cared about was being cut cut cut abs abs abs all I watned was to walk out side with no shirt on and I didnt care how mucm muscle I lost to get that skinny look then I learned better. Now i am bigger and more cut. THINK ABOUT THE BIGGER PICTURE when I was on my normal cut diet A month a go I was STRESSING out sooooo much about food that i was like damn this is just sick hear I am going nuts over food serioulsy. I hade to make changes and you can too stay strong and post here anytime you need support

thanks alot, hopefully i will be able to get my act together

I forgot to tell you this when I was around your bf level i had my abbs almost visible I was busting my ass trying to get those abbs to show and i was eating a lot of egg whits tuna and cottage and i was using things like mustard etc some cooking spices to flavor my food and all of those things are serioulsy high in sodium and i was holding on to a 10 pounds of water weight I dont know if thats your problem but if you dont already know about it look on this site for articles about cmopetion tricks and sodium loading and depletion could do wonders.

oh yea Well keto might not before you but i just wanted to tell you that its nothing like atkins and you dont have to sit around and chew on cheese all day you can have things like nuts flax good stuff etc and if you are worried about a quick wieght loos the initial weight loss is water weight so you would have to worrie about droping all this weight at once. All though you definetly dont need to loose any weight.

thanks alot, hopefully i will be able to get my act together

MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey guys I used to have a mild case of binge eating. I would go for like 7000 calories but then I wouldn't be hungry for like 5 days. Anyway, I got this binge eating I think from neglecting post-workout nutrition. I thought it wasn't THAT important. Every since I started downing an entire 32 oz gatorade and other carbs/protein postwokout, I haven't had the uncontrollable urges like I used to. Just mild cravings about twice a week that I can overcome. Hope this helps for some.

donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I guess you guys have to welcome me to this club. I to have the habit of binge eating. It seems like I work out hard during the week. The weekend comes and I have my cheat day. On that cheat day I tend to go overboard. I eat till I get uncomfortable. I have gotten to the point where I do not know what to do. Because of dieting strictly for 5 years straight my metabolism has been shot to hell. Seems like I can not eat a lot of things with gaining weight or getting sick. I dieted for 5 years straight not knowing better of the consequences. For the past year I have done better. Thanks to reading Muscle and Fitness Mags etc. But I do not know what to do anymore. I want to shed 5 more pounds but I can not figure out what my needs are in order to loose this excess wieght. Another thing is since I lost so much wieght I have tons of excess skin in my lower abdomin. It gets on my nerves as well. If frustrates me because It will not go away ever. I never know whether I am gaining wieght or loosing it because the skin is aways there. I want to shed these couple of pounds because I am getting ready to have an operation. I am going to get abdominalplasti. I want to get the best results. I hope that this will get my mind sane of this terrible disorder.
    [URL=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8855244]Free Ipods![/URL]

[URL=http://www.projectphysique.com]Project Physique[/URL]

welcome to the thread

yea I know what you mean when you f up your metabolism from being so strict for so longI don't know what you current diet is, but I switched to keto diet for a short period of time to shock my body it worked incredible and it was a CHANGE of food. Which we all know how incredible that is. but good luck with your surgery It seems like people have good results

donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) donescobar2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea I ketoed a couple of months ago, I did loose like 5 pounds but I did not the feeling I felt tired all the time. I was cut as hell though. That was for sure. One thing though my stomach would hurt a lot. Oh lets not forget the bloating. Made me feel like i gained 10 pounds sometimes. But I may start up again. For some reason my weight fluctuates. If I try to eat like I am supposed to I gain weight. I do not get it.
    Last edited by donescobar2000; 07-01-2003 at 09:18 AM.
    [URL=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8855244]Free Ipods![/URL]

[URL=http://www.projectphysique.com]Project Physique[/URL]