Closed Thread
Page 73 of 421 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 12628
    island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SickBoy_Cage View Post
    add more egg whites to meal 1
    add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter to the shakes to make 2 tablespoons
    No way you should be having 60 grams of nuts at meal 3,that's at least the double you should be having...
    Fair enough. I will change up the 1 egg white and 1 tbsp of PB but 1/2 cup of nuts is ~60-65 grams. You'd think what I'm missing in the PB scoop I'm getting in the nuts anyways!

But on a side note, do you think the cheat meal I had at the end of the 1st week threw me off ketosis or somthing? I was 3 pounds down 3-4 days in, now I'm 10 days in and still 180lbs, down nothing.

I'm doing 45 mins of LISS on treadmill holding steady 125bpm and lifting about 4 days a week also.

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by island.dude View Post
    Fair enough. I will change up the 1 egg white and 1 tbsp of PB but 1/2 cup of nuts is ~60-65 grams. You'd think what I'm missing in the PB scoop I'm getting in the nuts anyways!

But on a side note, do you think the cheat meal I had at the end of the 1st week threw me off ketosis or somthing? I was 3 pounds down 3-4 days in, now I'm 10 days in and still 180lbs, down nothing.

I'm doing 45 mins of LISS on treadmill holding steady 125bpm and lifting about 4 days a week also.
    Difference is for better fat burning,it's better to give your body a regular steady amount of calories,then you giving determined amount of calories to your body then in meal 3 you give an absurd amount,60 grams of nuts is 40 grams of fat rougly your probably for your weight should be having 15 grams of fat per meal and 35-40 grams of protein per meal...

island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) island.dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Difference is for better fat burning,it's better to give your body a regular steady amount of calories,then you giving determined amount of calories to your body then in meal 3 you give an absurd amount,60 grams of nuts is 40 grams of fat rougly your probably for your weight should be having 15 grams of fat per meal and 35-40 grams of protein per meal...
    Yeah, I'll change up the nuts also then. But aside from that, I don't think that would be a huge cause for 0 weight loss in 10 days doing this diet strictly.

Pretty dissapointed I guess is all. If anything, the 4 slices of large pizza and 5 twisty bread sticks I had for my cheat on Sunday (end of the 1st week) would have caused this back peddling I would think.

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, I'll change up the nuts also then. But aside from that, I don't think that would be a huge cause for 0 weight loss in 10 days doing this diet strictly.

Pretty dissapointed I guess is all. If anything, the 4 slices of large pizza and 5 twisty bread sticks I had for my cheat on Sunday (end of the 1st week) would have caused this back peddling I would think.
    Nop the cheat meal was not the cause for sure...Your body probably doesn't respond well to this diet,i did this for my contest prep. i now know that my body dials much faster and more efficiently on low carbs...

Nop the cheat meal was not the cause for sure...Your body probably doesn't respond well to this diet,i did this for my contest prep. i now know that my body dials much faster and more efficiently on low carbs...
    Well, I'm going to keep plugging away, let it go for another 4 weeks. Maybe my body needs a bit more time. If at the end of 4 weeks I don't see weight loss I'm going to introduce carbs and go back to counting calories.

Thanks for the info!

Do note, I was doing the math, and 15g of fat, 40g of protien per meal is only 1500 calories spread across 6 meals a day. Seems much too low for a low carb diet no?

Do note, I was doing the math, and 15g of fat, 40g of protien per meal is only 1500 calories spread across 6 meals a day. Seems much too low for a low carb diet no?
    you should getting 1.5 of your bodyweight in protein and 0.65 in fat per bodyweight,those are guidelines from palumbo...You then can up or down those numbers in relation to your metabolism and capabilitie of burning fat,cardio,activitie and all those varieties...

L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    just chiming in here
    i'm lookin at whate people are eating and thinking i'm maybe not eating enugg, but i think i am.. i'm 175 lbs 5' 10'' total eating the following

meal 1 - 4 whole eggs 2 whites 1/4 tsp oil for frying
    meal 2 - 30 g pro isolate 1 tbsp natty pb
    meal 3 - 1 can tuna i tbsp olive oil
    meal 4 - 30 g pro isolate 1 tbsp natty pb
    meal 5 - 4 whole eggs 2 whites 1/4 tsp for frying
    meal 6 - 30 g pro isolate 1 tbsp natty pb

i pump led 5 times a week and do 50 -60 mins LISS after weights and 1 hour LISS after work.

am i on track?

Originally Posted by modny View Post
    just chiming in here
    i'm lookin at whate people are eating and thinking i'm maybe not eating enugg, but i think i am.. i'm 175 lbs 5' 10'' total eating the following

meal 1 - 4 whole eggs 2 whites 1/4 tsp oil for frying
    meal 2 - 30 g pro isolate 1 tbsp natty pb
    meal 3 - 1 can tuna i tbsp olive oil
    meal 4 - 30 g pro isolate 1 tbsp natty pb
    meal 5 - 4 whole eggs 2 whites 1/4 tsp for frying
    meal 6 - 30 g pro isolate 1 tbsp natty pb

i pump led 5 times a week and do 50 -60 mins LISS after weights and 1 hour LISS after work.

am i on track?
    That my friend is starving...Up that protein and some more grams of fat per meal...

The G-Spot Tornado AchillesEvent's Avatar
    AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm looking for something similar to the Keto diet, and this is basically it, but I cannot, CANNOT do 5 whole eggs + four egg whites in one meal every day. I'll vomit like a madman.

I bounce between 182 and 190. Can I drop it down to 3 whole eggs, and 80g of sausage in the morning?

Thanks, I'm sorry if this was already discussed...this is too many bloody pages to read through.
    Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet. Audentes fortuna iuvat

"He who feared he would not succeed, sat still. Fortune favors the bold."

Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

The whey it's fine as long as you add the fat source...
    Awesome!

Thanks SBC!!
    *RCSS Rep*

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ronnie-coleman-signature-series.html

L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) L1FTHVY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That my friend is starving...Up that protein and some more grams of fat per meal...

i'm going to add 1/2 scoop more isolate to each one of those meals and 2 more tbsp of natty pb

are u supposed to apply palumbo's diet to overall body mass or lean body maass>>

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AchillesEvent View Post
    I'm looking for something similar to the Keto diet, and this is basically it, but I cannot, CANNOT do 5 whole eggs + four egg whites in one meal every day. I'll vomit like a madman.

I bounce between 182 and 190. Can I drop it down to 3 whole eggs, and 80g of sausage in the morning?

Thanks, I'm sorry if this was already discussed...this is too many bloody pages to read through.
    Me neither, I scramble them.

ive been putting franks red hot sauce on my eggs. it definetly helps me hack them

Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post
    before:

after:
    Strong Trey Brewer cut Matty LOL

I'm like you now,not gaining a single pound for 3 weeks...I think i'm gonna start the SickBoy Cereal bulking diet

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong Trey Brewer cut Matty LOL

I'm like you now,not gaining a single pound for 3 weeks...I think i'm gonna start the SickBoy Cereal bulking diet
    hahaha... people can hate on people who get "fat" in the offseason but jesus christ my gains were insane..

just compare the pics from last year and this years contest and that was only 4 months of bulking and i became 6lbs heavier and much leaner

best strength in my life bulking like a man and not giving a **** about abs
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

hahaha... people can hate on people who get "fat" in the offseason but jesus christ my gains were insane..

just compare the pics from last year and this years contest and that was only 4 months of bulking and i became 6lbs heavier and much leaner

best strength in my life bulking like a man and not giving a **** about abs
    yea man

just EAT good and lots and u get major gains

i've added a 2nd tbsp of PB to all my isolate shakes, and 2 whites to each egg meal, now getting about 100 grams of fat and 234 g protien daily

instead of having one cheat meal.. i seem to just generally crave carbs.

seeing as how i'm not entering any contests. could i just have a free carb day? during this period i'd most likely eat pretty cleanly and keep the carbs at around 400 or so, but spread them over a day rather than mashing them back in 1 meal. or would this cause negative effects?

thanks

Originally Posted by modny View Post
    instead of having one cheat meal.. i seem to just generally crave carbs.

seeing as how i'm not entering any contests. could i just have a free carb day? during this period i'd most likely eat pretty cleanly and keep the carbs at around 400 or so, but spread them over a day rather than mashing them back in 1 meal. or would this cause negative effects?

thanks
    Throw you out of ketosis for a longer time then just having all those carbs in 1 hour and in one meal,like in the diet...The diet is so simple i don't understand why people try to run from his premisses...

Throw you out of ketosis for a longer time then just having all those carbs in 1 hour and in one meal,like in the diet...The diet is so simple i don't understand why people try to run from his premisses...

no problem.

was just wondering.

i actually did CKD for like 5 months aswell. i think my body responds prety well to the palumbo diet.

152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000)
    when it says 8 oz of chicken/beef/fish/whatever, is that 8 oz BEFORE its cooked?

Or 8 oz AFTER its cooked?

pvance06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been on this diet for around 2 months now, i started out at 218lbs and lost about 8lbs the first two weeks of the diet and not a pound since, i've actually gained a pound or two. I was thinking about going with moderate carb intake for about a week and then starting the diet over again to help get my metabolism going again or should i just keep with it and add pro/veg days?

****...This diet is simply as hell,you guys who are failing either are doing something terribly wrong or have ****ty genetics...

cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    please critique, OP slightly modified to fit my taste+schedule...

meal 1 6:00 6 eggs
    meal 2 9:00 can tuna with carrots
    meal 3 12:00 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    meal 4 post WO 50 g whey with 2 tbsp PB
    meal 5 6:00 8oz fish/beef with salad/carrots
    meal 6 9:00 2 eggs 1 cup Cottage cheese

im 6'10" 250 right now.

Originally Posted by cyborgmexican View Post
    please critique, OP slightly modified to fit my taste+schedule...

meal 1 6:00 6 eggs
    meal 2 9:00 can tuna with carrots
    meal 3 12:00 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    meal 4 post WO 50 g whey with 2 tbsp PB
    meal 5 6:00 8oz fish/beef with salad/carrots
    meal 6 9:00 2 eggs 1 cup Cottage cheese

im 6'10" 250 right now.
    Seems good just add more fat at the last meal and add fat to meal 2 & 5 and cut the carrots from there...

cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyborgmexican has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Seems good just add more fat at the last meal and add fat to meal 2 & 5 and cut the carrots from there...
    so screw the veggies all together and throw in a fiber supp? Ill make sure to take a fish oil and munch on a couple almonds before bed.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cyborgmexican View Post
    so screw the veggies all together and throw in a fiber supp? Ill make sure to take a fish oil and munch on a couple almonds before bed.
    Green veggies, lettuce, green beans, etc.

****...This diet is simply as hell,you guys who are failing either are doing something terribly wrong or have ****ty genetics...
    I actually don't see the point of this diet and haven't seen anyone step up and show some impressive weight loss numbers. It may be simple but where are the awesome results?

All the feedback I've gotten for me not losing on this diet is I'm eating too much, lower my calories, lower my calories. Then I think, "Yeah, good idea!! Maybe I'm eating too much." Then taking a step back and realize, what the hell is the point of eating low carb, gagging down 8 eggs+8 egg whites a day if you fall back to the calories in vs. calories out? I'm only eating ~2200 cals @ 180. Why cut out 1 macronutrient and limit your food choices if theres no weight loss advantage to it? Meh !

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I actually don't see the point of this diet and haven't seen anyone step up and show some impressive weight loss numbers. It may be simple but where are the awesome results?

All the feedback I've gotten for me not losing on this diet is I'm eating too much, lower my calories, lower my calories. Then I think, "Yeah, good idea!! Maybe I'm eating too much." Then taking a step back and realize, what the hell is the point of eating low carb, gagging down 8 eggs+8 egg whites a day if you fall back to the calories in vs. calories out? I'm only eating ~2200 cals @ 180. Why cut out 1 macronutrient and limit your food choices if theres no weight loss advantage to it? Meh !
    FAIL
    before:

after:
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

Closed Thread