Page 70 of 121 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 3617
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    here's a question, does anyone know where this dude's AZ is from? Why is this one not more available.
    Custom shop.

GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Playing around a bit with my Mexican Telecaster and a Line 6 pod...
    https://voca.ro/1lFd45W36BCo

Does anyone have an audio interface they like? I'm thinking of getting one and maybe looking at one of those Scarlett ones like this:
    https://www.sweetwater.com/c695--Int...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also, does anyone using Windows have a DAW they particularly like? I've been playing around with ACID for a while and thinking of getting something like Cubase or idk...Ableton or ProTools. I would be doing keys as well and working on MIDI sequencing along with audio interface recording and sample loops like ACID does.
    EX IGNORANTIA AD SAPIENTIAM
    EX LUCE AD TENERBRAS

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Howdy....

1) I've read nothing but positive things about the Scarlett interface for some time.
    You might check out this site I've been with for some years (my handle there is chulaivet1966) and do a search....I'm sure you'll find the into you're looking for.
    https://www.tdpri.com/

2) DAW software? I've been with Cakewalk since V3.0 back in '94.
    It's since been free by Bandlab for some years.
    So...I'd recommend checking it out: https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk?lang=en
    NOTE: One DAW app isn't necessarily better than another....they're just different.
    They all have their place.
    If I were asked I'd say check them all out by trying their demo versions.
    Or course, there will always be a learning curve so find the one with the GUI & work flow that you prefer.
    Stick with it and you're on your way.

Hope that helps....
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    I agree but I haven't missed it.

Inb4 rollerball returns another guitar. sorry mang, couldn't resist. I'll chill with the Frankenstein fetish.
    If this Charvel is like the others, it’s going back.

I like Charvel but I also want to piss on their faces for their cost-cutting bs.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    If this Charvel is like the others, it’s going back.

I like Charvel but I also want to piss on their faces for their cost-cutting bs.
    You can trace it back to Leo Fender — the man wouldn't waste a cent. Makes me laugh when the Fender faithful talk up ash and alder. He used whatever was cheap and plentiful. If it had been basswood in the 50s then everyone would be nuhugging vintage Strats made of basswood.

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can trace it back to Leo Fender — the man wouldn't waste a cent. Makes me laugh when the Fender faithful talk up ash and alder. He used whatever was cheap and plentiful. If it had been basswood in the 50s then everyone would be nuhugging vintage Strats made of basswood.
    Leo gets a pass.

And basswood has a bad rap imo lol.

And basswood has a bad rap imo lol.
    Usually by people who parrot the same old comments. Body wood on an electric is not something I'm really concerned about. I've heard basswood being softer is easier to dent which is a negative but with modern thick goopy poly finishes it's surely less of an issue.

Even with neck wood I'm still more concerned with feel and aesthetics. I like ebony because it's harder than rosewood. Not a deal breaker with railroad tie sized frets since your fingers won't touch the wood but I like to maintain some contact with medium size frets so ebony ticks the boxes. I heard a distinct difference changing only the neck on a guitar with everything else left the same but tweaking the EQ I can't say it mattered in the end. It's not an acoustic. I can respect pros who insist on certain wood combinations for the tonal properties but I'm not convinced you can always narrow it down to wood species alone — every piece of wood is different so surely you've got to play the thing.

I posted about basswood a few years back on TGP. It can be traced back to Holdsworth and Grover Jackson. Allan then had a brief endorsement deal with Ibanez in the mid 80s with the AH10 model and you guessed it, they used basswood. That spawned millions of basswood guitars. Ibanez JEM (1987-1992, Vai's FLO is a basswood "floral" JEM painted white), JS (1990~), and RG (1987~) models. Ernie Ball and Peavey EVH sig model. Jeff Beck's No. 1 Strat is basswood. Guthrie's Charvel. List goes on.

Usually by people who parrot the same old comments. Body wood on an electric is not something I'm really concerned about. I've heard basswood being softer is easier to dent which is a negative but with modern thick goopy poly finishes it's surely less of an issue.

Even with neck wood I'm still more concerned with feel and aesthetics. I like ebony because it's harder than rosewood. Not a deal breaker with railroad tie sized frets since your fingers won't touch the wood but I like to maintain some contact with medium size frets so ebony ticks the boxes. I heard a distinct difference changing only the neck on a guitar with everything else left the same but tweaking the EQ I can't say it mattered in the end. It's not an acoustic. I can respect pros who insist on certain wood combinations for the tonal properties but I'm not convinced you can always narrow it down to wood species alone — every piece of wood is different so surely you've got to play the thing.

I posted about basswood a few years back on TGP. It can be traced back to Holdsworth and Grover Jackson. Allan then had a brief endorsement deal with Ibanez in the mid 80s with the AH10 model and you guessed it, they used basswood. That spawned millions of basswood guitars. Ibanez JEM (1987-1992, Vai's FLO is a basswood "floral" JEM painted white), JS (1990~), and RG (1987~) models. Ernie Ball and Peavey EVH sig model. Jeff Beck's No. 1 Strat is basswood. Guthrie's Charvel. List goes on.
    Is there such a thing as a really light wood that’s still very resistant to dings?

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is there such a thing as a really light wood that’s still very resistant to dings?
    I'm sure but it's all about the TOANZ

These hard poly finishes nowadays pretty much make wood hardness a non issue imo

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The little break at 4:00 before the solo. The solo is gold too. So underrated

https://youtu.be/3WazmeMXuvI

Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post
    The little break at 4:00 before the solo. The solo is gold too. So underrated

[url]https://youtu.be/3WazmeMXuvI[url]
    He has really great tone.

He has really great tone.
    He just had a rig rundown on premier guitar. Pretty basic rig, a couple different versions of the same pedals we all got.

But yes Eric has one of the best tones.

Maybe we should discuss this kind of **** to keep this thread moving.

Who else in recent guitarguitry has nice tone?

He just had a rig rundown on premier guitar. Pretty basic rig, a couple different versions of the same pedals we all got.

But yes Eric has one of the best tones.

Maybe we should discuss this kind of **** to keep this thread moving.

Who else in recent guitarguitry has nice tone?
    Here's a random video of some young chick who has a pretty nice tone.

Anybody have the Sunn O))) Life Pedal V3?

think I have to have it

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Anybody have the Sunn O))) Life Pedal V3?

think I have to have it
    My fridge legit sounds better than anything sunn o put out

Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    My fridge legit sounds better than anything sunn o put out
    Let's hear it

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Let's hear it
    You have to listen to the whole thing to get it though

[youtube]2D0kz80nr78[youtube]
    You writing any cool chit these days? Give a link if there's anything new.
    Last edited by rollerball; 04-20-2023 at 09:53 PM.

Love the tone. Is that a Mogami Gold power cable?

Originally Posted by refunderball
    That Charvel DK24 in real life was way uglier than in the pictures. Had to send it back.

I dunno what to do about a daily driver. Not having great luck with getting a satisfactory guitar.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MNKMkwz.jpg[img]
    lmao

lmao
    Could a Strat with a bridge humbucker either full size or stacked like Yngwie/EJ/etc. be a daily driver?

I'll stop myself before talking about custom chit you don't want to hear for the 100th time but hopefully I'll check in here one day and you've found what you're looking for.

Could a Strat with a bridge humbucker either full size or stacked like Yngwie/EJ/etc. be a daily driver?

I'll stop myself before talking about custom chit you don't want to hear for the 100th time but hopefully I'll check in here one day and you've found what you're looking for.
    I like strats but they don't really seem to scratch the shred-guitar itch for me. I would strongly consider getting this if the color RG chose wasn't so fukking bad.

https://reverb.com/item/68166263-cha...resent-celeste

I like strats but they don't really seem to scratch the shred-guitar itch for me. I would strongly consider getting this if the color RG chose wasn't so fukking bad.

https://reverb.com/item/68166263-cha...resent-celeste
    I was just looking at his instagram for the first time in a long time right before you posted that and he's got a lot of photos of the signature axe. Wouldn't be my first color choice but then I'm boring — don't mind it at all. Not a fan of the Charvel spoke-wheel thing but that's nitpicking. It's got the 12-16" compound radius you like.

I was just looking at his instagram for the first time in a long time right before you posted that and he's got a lot of photos of the signature axe. Wouldn't be my first color choice but then I'm boring — don't mind it at all. Not a fan of the Charvel spoke-wheel thing but that's nitpicking. It's got the 12-16" compound radius you like.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pXcQhuL.jpg[img]
    It's the lowest price production Charvel you can get atm with roasted neck and stainless steel frets. I'm not a fan of that blue but I like it better than the Guthrie Govan model's finish. If the seller were offering it for $1500 I'd probably buy it.

It's the lowest price production Charvel you can get atm with roasted neck and stainless steel frets. I'm not a fan of that blue but I like it better than the Guthrie Govan model's finish. If the seller were offering it for $1500 I'd probably buy it.
    I get the feeling prices are only going to go up. There was a pedal I wanted to buy at a local store and it was available in a bunch of different colors so I hesitated thinking I'd come back the next day and pick one. Checked in a couple months later and there isn't a single one for sale in the country. Went from spoiled for choice to nada. If I see something I like now I just buy it.

When I was interested in a new car I went to the dealer 18 months ago and they had nothing for me to sit in let alone test drive. Put down a deposit, waited almost a year to take delivery, and now you're probably looking at a 2 year wait. Gone are the days of being able to haggle or even vacillate making a decision because there's someone else waiting in line. Not sure what it's like over there but here you hesitate and it's gone. I feel sorry for people renting where the vacancy rate is hovering around 1%. No one is going to call you back. By the time you've made up your mind so have many others. It's a strange world these days. /rant

I get the feeling prices are only going to go up. There was a pedal I wanted to buy last at a local store and it was available in a bunch of different colors so I hesitated thinking I'd come back the next day and pick one. Checked in a couple months later and there isn't a single one for sale in the country. Went from spoiled for choice to nada. If I see something I like now I just buy it.

When I was interested in a new car I went to the dealer 18 months ago and they had nothing for me to sit in let alone test drive. Put down a deposit, waited almost a year to take delivery, and now you're probably looking at a 2 year wait. Gone are the days of being able to haggle or even vacillate making a decision because there's someone else waiting in line. Not sure what it's like over there but here you hesitate and it's gone. I feel sorry for people renting where the vacancy rate is hovering around 1%. No one is going to call you back. By the time you've made up your mind so have many others. It's a strange world these days. /rant
    Yeah things go get snatched up during bouts of hesitation these days, I've noticed. But I'm trying not to let that push me to jump the gun on something I'm not totally sold on.

Yeah things go get snatched up during bouts of hesitation these days, I've noticed. But I'm trying not to let that push me to jump the gun on something I'm not totally sold on.
    Do you still bust out the Suhr?

Do you still bust out the Suhr?
    Yeah it's the main thing I play at home.

Yeah it's the main thing I play at home.
    I remember you a while back rocking that Tony Montana AZ model in your quest for a backup. I can't remember why it didn't make the cut.