Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    haha, not really hot but hot by our standards - about 88F.

Yeah, my home gym is in a small wooden hut in the garden. It's pretty good although the bar can hit the ceiling on OH press - I have to stand right in the middle of the room. The wooden floor has a hole in it from a dropped squat from before I got my cage.

Thanks, yeah, my front squat does seem to go a bit lower but it's hard without a belt, I relied on it more for this lift than any other. But yeah, when I was at a commercial gym, I was hitting the saftey bars at the bottom of my front squat sometimes (they weren't adjustable).

Diet is going OK so far. I had a high fat day yesterday (drumsticks and sausages) and high carb day today (chicken breast, bread, potato). Still feel strong but it's only day 4

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol, yeah I've ruined my concrete floor from doing deadlifts, its not that bad but I use a rug now to do them on. How the hell do you manage to do your deadlifts on wood?

All the best with your diet, I've tried dieting for a bit doing a mini cut, but I had my cals too low and felt like shiit. I'm still bulking now, with my metabolism as long as I eat clean I can eat as much as I want. Doing the all you can eat deal, 5-6 meals a day thing, with 2-3 proteins shakes and 1 protein shake in the early a.m. when I get up to take a piss.

Whats your bf % at you think?
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    My plates are not quite big enough to set the bar at the right height - so I've got two pieces of wood that I deadlift from. They also help save the floor! My largest plate is coated in rubber which helps too.

My BF% is tricky - I did think it was around 13% as my calipers were reading 8mm on the suprailiac but wierdly, that has shot up to around 10mm in the last week. So probably higher, I carry it all around the love handles, gross. Yours must be more lower I'm guessing??

Regarding diet, this is an interesting read:
    http://180degreehealth.blogspot.com/...titioning.html

It's probably quite hard to eat like this - the food will be deathly boring, mainly chicken breast, bread (without too much spread), boiled potatos or rice, oats, cottage cheese, veg etc

I have also gone too low in calories before because I want to get the weight loss over with - but it's definately a mistake, especially as you get leaner. I used to get dizzy at around bedtime and probably lost muscle in the process. A good rule of thumb is that your defecit each day should not exceed 30 calories for every lb of fat you carry.

Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    but I guess that's good since I lift in my garage.
    thats cool man. You got a pic of your set-up?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I have to stand right in the middle of the room. The wooden floor has a hole in it from a dropped squat from before I got my cage.
    lol

progress lookin good suffolk, and i haven't seen any shoulder problems in a while. gj
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

Well it's not entirely better, I just haven't been b!tching about it

My neck still feels a bit crunchy and it's not comfortable to crane my head forwards. I also sometimes get pain where the bicep meets the front delt for some reason - mainly caused by power cleans and sometimes overhead pressing.

Oh yeah, I have a pic of my gym online...

Not pictured:
    - 2 x oly bars
    - box for squatting (adjustable to 3 heights) made by my Dad
    - plates
    - 4x oly DB handles
    - green, blue, red and plain bands
    - core belt, dipping belt
    - ab wheel
    - EZ bar
    - boards to deadlift from, mats for lying/kneeling on floor
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 07-11-2010 at 06:48 AM.

matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thats real nice man. how long did it take you to get all your equipment?

I'd love to have a house with a garage so I can build my own. It would make it a lot easier to do a 4/5 day routine while still having a life outside the gym
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    thats real nice man. how long did it take you to get all your equipment?

I'd love to have a house with a garage so I can build my own. It would make it a lot easier to do a 4/5 day routine while still having a life outside the gym
    I started with a package from eBay - a Marcy bench and squat stand / cable tower - came with an oly bar. I've since bought a few extras, many 2nd hand. The power rack was stupidly cheap, I paid about 120 quid for it and sold the Marcy stuff for more

It has certainly been cheaper than paying a gym membership... the only problem with my setup is that I can't press overhead with large disks - I want to get bumper plates but they are too large in diameter. I have long term plans for the gym 'hut' - it's rotting and will eventually be replaced with something bigger.

I had the best omlette ever for lunch - ooh baby

General receipe here (from Delia, who else?)
    http://www.deliaonline.com/how-to-co...-omelette.html

- 3 eggs
    - chopped leftover pork sausage
    - grated cheddar
    - grated parmesan
    - cherry tomatos halved
    - medium red chilli chopped and deseeded
    - olive oil and butter, salt and pepper

Served with kale and spinach

Around 600-650 cals. Who says dieting has to be a chore. Burp

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Haha, that looks really good^^^

I'm prob about the same bf % as you, I would really like to start measuring it though. There was a good thread somewhere on this forum with example pics of bf %, ranging from about 8%-15%.

And nice setup man, mine is pretty similar, when you said "hut" I actually pictured something a lot more ghetto, lol.

I'll go take some pics real quick and upload them later.

Nah, you have better definition that me. You are probably 12% and I am probably 13-14%.

Weight: 86.2

Behind the neck push press: 10 x 3 x 71kg -- good rhythm with these now, doesn't feel oppressively heavy anymore

Weighted chins: 4 x 8 x 11.25kg

Lateral raises: 4 x 12 x 6.5kg

Sprinter situps: 12,12,10 -- still hard but using better form now

uugh

no training today, I have a stomach bug. I was down to 85.5kg this morning. Not good.

O man again? Rest up bro.

man that sucks about the stomach bug. Has delia poisoned you?!

Long term plans for the 'hut'? You gona build a bigger one?

84.5kg this morning. Still feel as rough as a badgers arse

Yeah, it could have been the eggs - I also put a cold sausage in it, I don't think it was too old but it might have been.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    84.5kg this morning. Still feel as rough as a badgers arse

Yeah, it could have been the eggs - I also put a cold sausage in it, I don't think it was too old but it might have been.
    Fuuuuuu, I've done the same thing with chicken sausages, lol. Ate some that were about 2 weeks old last year, was puking my guts out later that night.........never again. I don't eat anything that's been in the fridge for more than 5 days, not worth the risk. Of course some foods last longer than others, check this out, http://www.foodsafety.gov/

How much strength did you lose?

I have yet to find out. I feel better today, have been taking rehydration drinks and protein and carbs. Weight down to 84kg - 2.5 (5.5lbs) lower than I would expect.

Maybe will have a light workout tomorrow...

I don''t remember exact numbers, it was a little over a year ago. I think I was doing a split routine back then, right before I got into Starting strength. I lost some weight and strength, but just got back into my routine and gained everything back in a couple weeks. Make sure you're feeling good though, I've gone back too early and gotten sick again. Rest is key, don't let it get you down, if you do lose some strength, you'll gain it back pretty fast

You're absolutely right. I doubt I will really be ready tomorrow...

83.7kg - no training today :-/

Dunno if you know the guy squats in socks, but he's starting the CnP routine too. Here's the link if you're interested, its the last 3 or so pages, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...4773281&page=9

Get better soon bro!

How's the stomach suffolk?

what exercises have you been doing for thoracic mobility?

83.3kg - nearly 7lbs lost

Still not completely better but diarrhea seems to have stopped finally. Still don't feel like eating much, seems impossible to get much protein in. Shakes give me aweful gas. Meat is OK in small doses.

Matt, the thoracic exercises I do are:
    tilts: stand straight, breathe in and raise your chest, without moving your lower back or shoulder much, breathe out and round your upper back

lateral glides: stand with your arms out horizontally to either side, move your upper torso from side to side keeping your hips still and your shoulders level

I'll have to give them a try. I realised my upper back and shoulders need better mobility and posture. Thanks.

That sucks about the weight loss. A lot of it will be water though as you'll be dehydrated. It'll come back on once your feeling better.

OK, back in training, time for damage control

I am not going to stuff my face but I am going to eat a lot of mainly protein and starch and I am going to step back into intermittent fasting. The idea is to only gain back muscle not fat.

Weight: 83.8

Box Squat 2x3x117.5, 2x3x115, 2x3x112.5 -- could not do 10x3, not enough energy

BB bench Press 52.5: 12,10,8,8

So both lifts down about 10%

Don't worry bro, slowly ease your way back into it and you'll be back to where you were in no time

Have reintroduced the military press...

Weight 83.7

Jumpset:
    Barbell Row 10x3x92.5
    Military Press 2x3x46, 8x3x48.5

Lateral raises: 2x15 with 5kg plates

Thumbs down

Deadlift
    2x3x140,
    2x3x135,
    2x3x130,
    1x1x140

What a train wreck

I should have been able to do 10x3x145 by now

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chalk it up to a bad day and move on

+you've been sick
    *No Crew*

Yeah, today was better (with my expectations suitably downgraded)

Weight: 84kg

Box Squat 10x3x115 -- no belt, 1min rests
    BB bench Press 5x5x62.5 -- 50 sec rests

I am going to stick with 5x5 on bench until I reach about 75kg - then 10x3 it...

84.3kg

Jumpset 10 x 3 w/45 s rests:
    - Weighted chins: 25kg -- this is the only lift not affected by my food poisoning...
    - Military press: 50kg

DB Lateral raises: 2 x 15 x 6kg