Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68
Results 2,011 to 2,031 of 2031
    bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hey bro, just read through a little of your training journal. Really cool stuff I wish I caught it earlier... I'm only 6'2" 220 so I am a little man compared to you but it gives me an idea of what is possible. Anyhow I hope you don't stop posting it would be interesting to hear how things continue to progress for you.

Also, this probably has been covered already but you are 23 years old... do you drink ever? If so, how do you balance the college lifestyle and the training? Just curious.
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

WELL I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN... CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND...

Member: Team Ground Zero huddlestonalex's Avatar
    huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bigdan View Post
    hey bro, just read through a little of your training journal. Really cool stuff I wish I caught it earlier... I'm only 6'2" 220 so I am a little man compared to you but it gives me an idea of what is possible. Anyhow I hope you don't stop posting it would be interesting to hear how things continue to progress for you.

Also, this probably has been covered already but you are 23 years old... do you drink ever? If so, how do you balance the college lifestyle and the training? Just curious.
    Ya, I guess I could keep posting in here, MMA training would be something cool to bring to the journal. As for drinking, I dont drink anymore man. My fiance is a recovering alcoholic so being around alcohol just isnt an option for us. No biggie for me though, lets me focus completely on my life. No bull****. I have kinda adopted this view towards drugs, just my opinion and I def am not trying to push it off on anyone else: I enjoy my reality. I dont want to use a drug that takes me away from that reality. If I ever feel the need to use a drug to escape my reality, then the problem is not the drug, its my reality. So rather than use the drug to escape, I need to focus on changing my reality so that I no longer feel the need to escape.
    Sponsor me maybe?

Check out the site: www.alexhuddlestonbjj.com

Tweet me: @Shavedgorilla

Instagram me: @TheShavedGorilla

Xbox me: @ShavedGorillaYo

I might even friend you on the ******** if you find me.

IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by huddlestonalex View Post
    Ya, I guess I could keep posting in here, MMA training would be something cool to bring to the journal. As for drinking, I dont drink anymore man. My fiance is a recovering alcoholic so being around alcohol just isnt an option for us. No biggie for me though, lets me focus completely on my life. No bull****. I have kinda adopted this view towards drugs, just my opinion and I def am not trying to push it off on anyone else: I enjoy my reality. I dont want to use a drug that takes me away from that reality. If I ever feel the need to use a drug to escape my reality, then the problem is not the drug, its my reality. So rather than use the drug to escape, I need to focus on changing my reality so that I no longer feel the need to escape.
    Deep words man! Glad everything is going well for you, especially that you are back with your girl. Good luck with the mma, let us know how you do..can't really picture anyone taking you down though LOL. I bet you now storm over the hulk cut out
    Do or do not. There is no 'try'.

huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IWantIt View Post
    Deep words man! Glad everything is going well for you, especially that you are back with your girl. Good luck with the mma, let us know how you do..can't really picture anyone taking you down though LOL. I bet you now storm over the hulk cut out
    Dude, you have put on some serious size since I last saw a pic. Nice job!!!
    Sponsor me maybe?

velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just giving a proper ending to the journal, I hate leaving things undone lol. Since my last post here, I have been real busy. At the constant requests from friends and promoters, I have decided to get into MMA. I have only been training for about 5 weeks so I am just starting out but already my siz/strength have proven to be crazy advantages lol. I'll stop in some time to talk about my first fight etc. I am still using 5-3-1 lifting scheme and have been making great strength progress with it so far. We will see where mma takes me!
    So does this mean a new MMA journal?
    "Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him."

Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    So does this mean a new MMA journal?
    Idk be cool if a MOD could move this journal that be great, I would hate to start all over lol
    Sponsor me maybe?

Ok so i thought I throw this up, only day I lifted this week due to flu which was horrible for real. So first lifting::

deadlift
    135x3
    135x3
    185x3
    185x3
    235x3
    255x5
    305x3
    345x12

chin ups
    bwx15
    bwx11
    bwx11
    bwx8

stopped cuz I was starting to feel a lil light-headed. After lifting, I went in and shadowed for 5 three minute rounds. I am working my 123 and different combinations of the three. I'm also working in my back leg kick and my front leg switch kick. I'm feeling much more confident in my footwork is which is making my stand up power come up quickly. By all reports, I'm a pretty heavy hitter which is exciting lol. After work, I went back into the mma room and hit 3rds of mits work all of my combos.
    Last edited by huddlestonalex; 10-23-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    Sponsor me maybe?

illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000)
    gosh 345 x 12 and stopped from feeling a lil light headed from having the flu for the past week.

B.A.

Originally Posted by illilian View Post
    gosh 345 x 12 and stopped from feeling a lil light headed from having the flu for the past week.

B.A.
    LOL thanks bro, a lot has changed for me since I stopped posting in here a few weeks ago. My training is straight strength based for my sport and I have gotten a lot stronger as seen by that last lift. This next week will be a deload week working with 60% of max but will hopfeully have my first full sparring practice this friday so that should be kick ass.
    Sponsor me maybe?

Casting A Big Shadow Bring_The_Pain's Avatar
    Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Still going at it hard huh biggun

Originally Posted by Bring_The_Pain View Post
    Still going at it hard huh biggun
    Haha trying to for sure

hit light conditioning today as today was a deload week from lifting. Hit bag for 5 rounds after 3 rounds of shadowing and footwork. A good light day for sure.
    Sponsor me maybe?

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey man fair enough... it really has no place in the lifestyle. I'm sure a steady source of ass helps too. It's always interesting to see how a peer deals with the whole alcohol thing because sometimes it feels like EVERYONE drinks but you.
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

WELL I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN... CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND...

Ya I feel that broski, I have been saying "no thanks" for so long now I think everyone just expects to see me with my water jug lol. I bet it would be a huge shock if I just got smashed one night to keep everyone on their toes lol
    Sponsor me maybe?

CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ya I feel that broski, I have been saying "no thanks" for so long now I think everyone just expects to see me with my water jug lol. I bet it would be a huge shock if I just got smashed one night to keep everyone on their toes lol
    So everything is ok with you and the Ms. now? Thats good if so.

Originally Posted by CYTX View Post
    So everything is ok with you and the Ms. now? Thats good if so.
    Ya all back to how it should be. Life is crazy and I will never take for granted the positive things in my life anymore. Honestly, you never know if they will always be there.
    Sponsor me maybe?

Deload week

Chest

Flat bench
    bar x 20
    bar x 20
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    185 x 10
    225 x 10
    185 x 8
    drop
    135 x 10
    drop
    95 x 11

Incline DB
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10

Cable Crossovers
    50 x 12
    50 x 12
    50 x 12
    50 x 12

Weightlifting notes...
    ---------So im still kicking the sickness lol, that set of 10 on 225 felt so freaking heavy lol and obviously that is not right for me. Then the 60s were like the heavy work of my life haha and i stopped getting frustrated at that point and realized I simply am still drained from the flu.
    ---------Gonna finish the deload week then transition into a higher rep/volume routine again. Been ddoing 531 for a while now and made great strength gains but Im noticing it is a program that you can plateau on pretty easy and I def dont wanna do that.

MMA
    -------All stand up work. Was shown "catching the jab" into "blocking the two" into "blocking the three" and combo work out of each situation.
    -------Moved into slipping the 1 and 2 then finally ducking the three with the combo work out of each move. Slipping is crazy. If you get it right, then you are in great position to be offensive. If you mess it up, you take a punch straight to the face lol. I wanna get good at it but it look like something that will take a lot of time to be confident enough to use in a fight.
    Sponsor me maybe?

Deload

Shouders

Push Press
    bar x 20
    bar x 20
    95 x 10
    135 x 10
    155 x 10
    drop
    95 x 15

Hang Cleans
    135 x 8
    135 x 8
    135 x 15

Lat Raise-DB
    30 x 8
    30 x 8
    30 x 16

Turkish get up
    35lb x 3 each side
    20lb x 5 each side

Farmers walk with db handles wrapped in towels
    100lb dbs x 1 lap
    100b dbs x 1 lap
    100lb dbs x 1 lap

-------------superset with------------------

Seated cable shoulder press
    40 x 16
    40 x 16
    40 x 16
    drop
    40 x 15

Lifting notes.......
    ------A good day. Its nice to go a lil lighter and rep it out. Plus I feel likemy strength is coming back so that is also a positive lol.

MMA notes........
    -------Gi jujitsu tonight. Things are starting to come together for me now, like I am connecting the dots lol. So first hour is technique and drilling then last hour is live rolling. That is the part I am looking forward too.
    -------Got approved by our coach to the freestyle judo/jujitsu tourny Nov. 28th so thats really exciting. ill be sure to have the girl get some vids.
    Sponsor me maybe?

deload

Back Day

Sumo Deads
    bar x 10
    135 x 10
    185 x 5
    245 x 10
    275 x 10
    310 x 10

Weight chin ups
    bw + 25lbs x 11
    bw + 25bs x 10
    bw + 25lbs x 8

DB Rows
    80 x 12
    80 x 12
    80 x 12

Weightlifting notes........
    --------My strength seems to be coming back. Still feel a lil uncordinated during my lifts but it is getting better.
    --------It is a deload week but i was kinda disappointed with how heavy those freaking db rows were. Hopefully that was just a fluke.

MMA Notes....
    ------------All stand up. Went back over catching, blocking, slipping and ducking. However, today learned to throw the combinations out of all of them and combining them all together. Instructor said I did really well with it so Ima think that all my mirror time is realy helping. I swear im in front of the mirror any chance I get going through my technique, really seems to be helping.
    Sponsor me maybe?

velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Towel wrapped FW? The towels make the grip larger, and therefore more difficult, correct?
    "Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him."

Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    Towel wrapped FW? The towels make the grip larger, and therefore more difficult, correct?
    FW?

Ya, the towels are folded over two times then wrapped around the bar of the db. It forces you to have to hold onto a larger object and since the towels are squishy, you have to squeeze harder to keep a hold of them. For MMA, grip is really, really important and the towel work really helps with building grip strength quickly. Same thing with when I have guys do pulls ups with holding on to towels that are hanging off pull up bar. That is a crazy feeling, you should give it a try. My buddy and I have kinda gotten into the grip thing and found Captain Crush grippers on web. We got level 1 and can close it pretty well. My buddy has Level 2 now and can close consistently, Im still pretty inconsistent with it. We wanna work up to level 3 and test on it. I guess you can get certified adn put on a list on them. They go up to a level 4 but like only 1 guy has past the test on them or something crazy like that.
    Sponsor me maybe?

Hey guys, this journal is officially done. Lil mix up while trying to move it so I just started a new journal in the MMA training log section. Thanks for following and feel free to keep up with new one, training will be still be main focus of log. Thanks again!

Link to new journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post404044691
    Sponsor me maybe?