Closed Thread
Page 61 of 330 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 9883
    Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Good idea Keet we need to define some terms for Noobs.

Squat rack
    power rack
    half rack
    squat stands

(those first two especially gt confused but to me are very different.)

possibly even have price catagories, or useage levels, so someone looking for a rack doesn't spend hours drooling over the 1500 racks when they only have 600 to spend and a 8 foot space to put it in.

Like power tech and poweline and TDS in the budget catagory

Body Solid, Bodycraft, Tuff Stuff in the mid range

Elits, Texas Strangth, Sorinex, as high end

Magmum fitness and others in the full commercial.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah thats a really good idea. People seem to use the term squat rack a lot when they are really talking about power racks. I agree there is a big difference as squat racks don't have adjustable spotters and are not near as versatile as a cage.

I can work on putting something together tonight if you guys want, unless someone else wants to start it, I'm cool with that too, I know some of you guys probably have more knowledge in the area than I do. I just want to get something going that is more up to date. I freaking love shopping power racks online, even if I am a dreamer.

*edit* for example, I don't really know how to distinguish commercial from high end. What is that based on?

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    Yeah thats a really good idea. People seem to use the term squat rack a lot when they are really talking about power racks. I agree there is a big difference as squat racks don't have adjustable spotters and are not near as versatile as a cage.

I can work on putting something together tonight if you guys want, unless someone else wants to start it, I'm cool with that too, I know some of you guys probably have more knowledge in the area than I do. I just want to get something going that is more up to date. I freaking love shopping power racks online, even if I am a dreamer.
    um, yea, have fun with it.

really, it is a good idea to make a new thread. maybe start it off like tim said, showing the differences between the different racks/stands.

keetman, have fun! not taking kids would make it fun again
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

*edit* for example, I don't really know how to distinguish commercial from high end. What is that based on?

Hey, can you do that in word and see if we can't get some group work together? Not to critique your work, I'm sure you'll do fine....more to get a large encompassing article together with different ideas? After a thread is made, you only get 24 hours to edit it, so if it was done well we wouldn't have to worry about not being able to edit it. We continually tout how wonderful racks/cages are.....seems like a worthy cause.

Again, not at all trying to steal your thunder.....I appreciate that you brought it up.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Hey, can you do that in word and see if we can't get some group work together? Not to critique your work, I'm sure you'll do fine....more to get a large encompassing article together with different ideas? After a thread is made, you only get 24 hours to edit it, so if it was done well we wouldn't have to worry about not being able to edit it. We continually tout how wonderful racks/cages are.....seems like a worthy cause.

Again, not at all trying to steal your thunder.....I appreciate that you brought it up.
    yeah thats cool, I will get something going and post it in here for the crew to edit before I start the actual thread

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Crew, everything looking good around here.

Just a thought regarding that new Power Rack FAQ. I've never used it but my wife has used Google Docs for work, and based on the way she describes it this would be the type of thing it would work well with. Basically, instead of you sending out a draft and others editing/adding to it, everyone is working on the same document in real time (Pretty sure that's how it works). Not sure about all the ins and outs, but might be worth looking into.

Could be an easy way to collaborate if several people were working on it.

Did some sled pulls after lifting yesterday, and man am I hurting today. My conditioning had taken a back seat the past few weeks and I paid the price...no puking, but it wasn't far off. Did sled (5-10 lbs?) + 25 lbs @ 30 yds, 50 lbs @ 40 yds, & 75 lbs at 40, 50 ,60 yds w/ a few minutes in between each run. Throw in the heat & it SUCKED, in a good way.

Gotta love summer in Houston, at least it's not 100% humidity on top of that...

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

http://www.mercantila.com/bg/power-rack

If you scroll about halfway down the link there's a few descriptions that might help you out.

I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between high end or commercial power racks either, that's the first time I've seen power racks broken down that far into categories. Maybe because some brands like efs sell higher end home models and more affordable commercial models or something like that.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    There are some racks that are just over and above hat anyone would ever need in their home, Like Animals for instance, I would put his into the full commercial category, it's really almost to much for a home. Th Elite fitness racks I would call high end, they really aren't any bigger or different than your average home model rack they are just better made and strong enough for any use even commercial use but they aren't huge.

I'm just annal I want everything to fit into its nice category.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That makes sense really, I was thinking about load capacity and quality but not dimensions.

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    http://www.mercantila.com/bg/power-rack

If you scroll about halfway down the link there's a few descriptions that might help you out.

I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between high end or commercial power racks either, that's the first time I've seen power racks broken down that far into categories. Maybe because some brands like efs sell higher end home models and more affordable commercial models or something like that.
    cool man thanks for the link, I will definitely use that. Glad I'm not on my own, heh

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    There are some racks that are just over and above hat anyone would ever need in their home, Like Animals for instance, I would put his into the full commercial category, it's really almost to much for a home. Th Elite fitness racks I would call high end, they really aren't any bigger or different than your average home model rack they are just better made and strong enough for any use even commercial use but they aren't huge.

I'm just annal I want everything to fit into its nice category.
    Yeah that makes sense, animal's rack is a frigging tank. I'm guessing it's also something to do with what gauge steel is used?

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sometimes, when i go in the basement, i can hear my rack crying. i have been neglecting it lately, just not a lot of time to lift at home these days. when i go to 3rd shift (soon, i hope), my equipment will love me again- i just know it will.

anyway, here's what i did after work:

speed bench: 135x5x9
    db incline presses: 40x10, 60x8x5
    inverted row: 12x6
    face pulls: 10x6
    rope pressdowns: 10x6
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey checking in friends.

I'm on the road in Pennsylvania......forgot how much I can't stand driving in Pennsylvania.

We're running over for a makeshift vacation to see Gettysburg....no kids...still. Cedar Point was a blast. For those not in the know, its a pretty major Amusement Park up on Lake Erie in Sandusky, Ohio. They say they have more roller coasters than any other park in the world. I don't know if that's the case, but I can say that they have some bad ass coasters. We haven't been there in about 10 years or so and they've added some since our last trip.....we road the best last night in the dark before we left....The Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster........Holy Crap they were fantastic.

The Millennium was probably the best I've been on and the TTD, while only 16 seconds long, was very exhilerating. They shoot you from a dead stop up to the top of a verticle hang in like 4 seconds.....then drop you down the same verticle track....twisting as you go down. The shoot up was so fast I think it was almost scarier than the descent.....I have never had that feeling going up before.......GOOD TIMES. I highly suggest any coaster lovers to make a trip up there some time if you don't know what I'm talking about....you will not leave disappointed.

Ok, out for a bit....gonna go get my history buff on.

Edit: Here's a link to the Top Thrill Dragster: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/par...ster/index.cfm

420 feet in the air in about 4-6 seconds....it was carazzy!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

sounds awesome, keet, have a good time

here is what I have so far. Not really sure if I should post up links to power racks on the first post or leave that for the posts following the first. Feel free to add to it or let me know what else I should add. I plan on inserting pics for each item. I am thinking in the first thread I will at least add the three more common racks discussed here and then let people post up their own finds from then on out.
    Attached Files

sounds awesome, keet, have a good time

here is what I have so far. Not really sure if I should post up links to power racks on the first post or leave that for the posts following the first. Feel free to add to it or let me know what else I should add. I plan on inserting pics for each item. I am thinking in the first thread I will at least add the three more common racks discussed here and then let people post up their own finds from then on out.

If you're going to include the year in the title....I would leave out the links in the first post. This way, the information will for the most part remain generic and if another thread is necessary (for similar reasons to why it is now) then you just have to start a new thread with the informational post about what they are and what a new user/buyer may be wanting in one.

Links should come in following posts, because they'll change anyway. Actually, this may be a good way to do it whether or not you make it the 2010 thread or just a Power Cage thread.

Just my thoughts.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey checking in friends.

I'm on the road in Pennsylvania......forgot how much I can't stand driving in Pennsylvania.

We're running over for a makeshift vacation to see Gettysburg....no kids...still. Cedar Point was a blast. For those not in the know, its a pretty major Amusement Park up on Lake Erie in Sandusky, Ohio. They say they have more roller coasters than any other park in the world. I don't know if that's the case, but I can say that they have some bad ass coasters. We haven't been there in about 10 years or so and they've added some since our last trip.....we road the best last night in the dark before we left....The Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster........Holy Crap they were fantastic.

The Millennium was probably the best I've been on and the TTD, while only 16 seconds long, was very exhilerating. They shoot you from a dead stop up to the top of a verticle hang in like 4 seconds.....then drop you down the same verticle track....twisting as you go down. The shoot up was so fast I think it was almost scarier than the descent.....I have never had that feeling going up before.......GOOD TIMES. I highly suggest any coaster lovers to make a trip up there some time if you don't know what I'm talking about....you will not leave disappointed.

Edit: Here's a link to the Top Thrill Dragster: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/par...ster/index.cfm

I used to love amusement parks when I was about 20 years old. The older I have gotten, I just hate waiting in line to go on the rides. I can't stand waiting 30 minutes + for a 2 minute ride. I end up just gorging myself on hotdogs and popcorn balls.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

I got the thread started. let me know if y'all think I should add anything to the first post

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=126624063

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What about a monolift?
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

Good call, I'll throw that in

*done
    Last edited by Jimbo.; 08-07-2010 at 01:16 PM.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whats up guys. Just back from Myrtle Beach. I had a great time, but most of all, my nearly 2 year old daughter fell in LOVE with the beach. It was sooo cool to watch her splash in the waves, chase the fish, build sand castles, etc.

The place where we stayed (we stayed there a few years ago too) is SOOOO nice and private. There is a stretch of about 1/4 mile that is pretty much a private beach because of where this place is located (literally the dead end of north ocean boulevard). No commercial stuff (stores, etc) for 4 miles and no thugs, etc either, just families.
    I took some video, so I will post it up on youtube later, but there was literally about a dozen people stretched out over that 1/4 mile area I am talking about. So, it was really nice.

Also, because it is right next to an inlet and has a large sand bar across the entire stretch I am talking about, there are lots of little ponds created when the tide backs out. Because of that, I was able to catch 2 baby stingrays, lots of fish and a couple of crabs (again, I will post some video later).

The high was 91, so it was a LOT more comfortable and not so blaxing hot and muggy. (it was 97% humidity the day that I left).

Anyways, glad to be back (sort of). I am about to start with the Bison-1, so I will do a review on it in a few weeks.

Hope all you guys are doing well.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Hey checking in friends.

I haven't been to Ceder Point in a decade or more too. Miss it. I used to go about once a year. The dragster looks fun.

The only ting I've been on that comes close is the Hulk at Universal Island's of Adventure. On that one you get about half way up the first hill with all the normal clicks, then it launches you the rest of the way up out of nowhere your over the peak and accelerating even more down.

For some reason I can't edit my post?

Here is a ride along for the Hulk, in general not nearly the coaster park that Ceder point is this was a good ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVdZR...eature=related

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For some reason I can't edit my post?

Here is a ride along for the Hulk, in general not nearly the coaster park that Ceder point is this was a good ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVdZR...eature=related
    Most of the people I know prefer Dueling Dragons at IOA over the Hulk coaster for some reason.

www.ShankAZombie.com

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know when it happened but I can't do roller coasters anymore.
    They make me dizzy just watching them.What a wus!

My eyeballs were rolling around in my head at Disneyland's Space Mountain. Thought I was gonna black out!

Back to the kiddie rides for me.
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Most of the people I know prefer Dueling Dragons at IOA over the Hulk coaster for some reason.
    Dueling dragons is probably the better coaster, but it isn't the best Ive been on and it is just pretty much a normal hanging coaster, to me the hulk is a pretty unique concept. Granted when you live a day trip from Ceder Point you get a little blase about great coasters, there just aren't that many parks where you can hit fifteen different coasters in a day.

Dueling dragons is probably the better coaster, but it isn't the best Ive been on and it is just pretty much a normal hanging coaster, to me the hulk is a pretty unique concept. Granted when you live a day trip from Ceder Point you get a little blase about great coasters, there just aren't that many parks where you can hit fifteen different coasters in a day.
    I remember watching a top 10 rollercoaster doc on tv several years ago, I think 80% of them were in sandusky or somewhere in ohio, I'll have to go there someday.

The best one I've been on was at six flags atlanta, the superman, you hang from beneath the coaster it's frikkin sweet. We waited extra long for the front car so we literally had nothing to look at below or in front of us but the ground whipping by!

Originally Posted by 4MEandThem View Post
    I don't know when it happened but I can't do roller coasters anymore.
    They make me dizzy just watching them.What a wus!

My eyeballs were rolling around in my head at Disneyland's Space Mountain. Thought I was gonna black out!

Back to the kiddie rides for me.
    I will be down there in a few months! Well, actually Disney World, not Disneyland.

Wow, I would like to go to a park with 15 coasters!

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    I remember watching a top 10 rollercoaster doc on tv several years ago, I think 80% of them were in sandusky or somewhere in ohio, I'll have to go there someday.

The best one I've been on was at six flags atlanta, the superman, you hang from beneath the coaster it's frikkin sweet. We waited extra long for the front car so we literally had nothing to look at below or in front of us but the ground whipping by!

I like the Superman one, but it definitely is not the best coaster I have been on. (I am only 2 hrs from Six Flags Atlanta and used to go often, however it has turned into Thug Flags over the last couple of years).
    The one thing that is severely lacking on Superman is environment. During a lot of the parts of the coaster you are literally overlooking just plain dirt, or a power transformer or whatever. I would have LOVED to have flown through Metropolis, zipping by the Daily Planet and things like that. Maybe even have some villains made to look like they are attacking you or something.

www.ShankAZombie.com

honestly I'm a Wooden coaster freak, might be because I'm a carpenter or a masochist I don't know. This one is a favorite of mine, also the lines tend to be kinda short because a lot of people complain that the ratling around makes them headacheey. One of the largest if not the largest wooden coaster in the world.

I've wanted to try the Superman, but I'm not enough of a coaster freak to hit a park that far from home just for one ride. If I were going that far I would probably shoot a little further and hit Orlando for the whole experience.

I've wanted to try the Superman, but I'm not enough of a coaster freak to hit a park that far from home just for one ride. If I were going that far I would probably shoot a little further and hit Orlando for the whole experience.
    Well Six Flags Atlanta (again, its now pretty thugged out) does have several good coasters.

The Riddler aka Mindbender is one of my all time favorites. They have 2 wooden coasters (Georgia Cyclone and Scream Machine), plus the Superman (already discussed), Batman (inverted like Dueling Dragons), the Ninja, Georgia Scorcher (stand up coaster) and Goliath (hypercoaster) and finally, the Mine Train. So thats 9 reasons to come down!

www.ShankAZombie.com

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Well Six Flags Atlanta (again, its now pretty thugged out) does have several good coasters.

The Riddler aka Mindbender is one of my all time favorites. They have 2 wooden coasters (Georgia Cyclone and Scream Machine), plus the Superman (already discussed), Batman (inverted like Dueling Dragons), the Ninja, Georgia Scorcher (stand up coaster) and Goliath (hypercoaster) and finally, the Mine Train. So thats 9 reasons to come down!
    lol thug flags... that sucks, it was a fun park when I was there (2003). I really liked the batman ride, I remember the whole pace of that coaster being blazing fast.

Good ideas for the superman ride that would be awesome. I was just having too much fun soaring over the ground to think about what I was looking at, it was different then any other coaster I'd been on for sure.

Closed Thread
Page 61 of 330 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast