Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wednesday - Arms/Calves

V-Bar Push-Downs
    67.5psX20
    77.5psX15
    97.5psX12
    Stack+30psX8 drop 77.5psX8

Barbell Curls
    75X15
    95X10
    125X8
    145X6 drop 95X8

DB Skull Crushers
    50X15
    60X10
    65X8
    75X6 drop 45X8

Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curls
    60X10
    65X8
    70X6
    75X6 drop 45X10

Overhead Cable Extensions
    62.5psX12
    65psX12
    67.5psX10

Hammer Strength Preacher Curls Superset EZ Standing Reverse Curls
    95X12 SS 50X12
    95X10 SS 50X10
    95X10 SS 50X10

Machine Straight-Leg Cow Raises
    200X15
    240X12
    280X10
    295X10

~What can I say...it just feels good to be back in the gym consistently and in my routine! i'm feeling better by the day, and Ihave a feeling I will be busting out some new personl bests here before too long. I've noticed some slimming up as well with my nutrition in check...I love how tight my stomach feels during the day when I eat well! Today is an off day from training, but I might go in and do a little HIIT...you know, for the kids i'm just so excited to be back in the gym that I don't know if I can stay out of it right now lol. That, and my legs could use a little loosening up - they are still tight from the last leg day I did!

Topic Of The Day - Gym Etiquette

Now is the time in the gym for all the New Year's resolution-ists and spring break-ers to come out of hiding and completely swamp the gym for the few weeks or months that these people even consider going. One thing that really irritates me is that these people, because they don't live the lifestyle and think they can just show up for a few weeks and change the way they look, don't understand proper gym etiquette at all. For instance, I will have all of my stuff surrounding a particular machine or setup, and as soon as I step away to grab a drink of water, someone comes in and starts removing weight. It never fails. Then, it's like I'M the dick for telling them that I'm not finished. Give me a break. the gym was filled with so much douche last night that I can still smell Summer's Eve. It's re-donkulous. Any way, a few more weeks, and hopefully I won't have to interact with these dingle-berries anymore.

Oh yeah, and if one more obese college kid tries to ask me how much I bench, I'm going to kick them right in the taint...

That is all.

Movie Quote Of The Day

"Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?"

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BaFtub View Post
    I'm not Tommy but I can shed my two cents.

Alberto Nunez (father flex obviously) recommended I add Vitamin d3 to my list of supps (that being scivation whey..and the occasional creatine mono/beta alanine) and I was a bit skeptical at first-but after doing some research/applying it, I was pretty surprised. I supplement with ~10,000 IU (which I believe comes out to 4-5 caps? ) and it GREATLY improved my mood.. that being the biggest noticeable factor. Days where I would forget about taking them in the morning were noticeable, so definitely not a placebo effect to any degree.

So for how cheap they are.. definitely worth it.

Keep up the good work Tommy!
    Did you ever ask Berto where I got the idea to start with that kind of dose with Vitamin D3?

Sporto

ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    definitely subbing to this thread, a bit late but I'm in!
    Follow my journey with team 3DMJ!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=453344531#post453344531

current 1RMs: 545 squat - 655 deadlift - 345 bench

bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm in for tracking this thread too. I've looked in on your contest results from time to time. Very interested in seeing how your training goes. I feel you on all the New Years Res. people in the gym. Got in to it with some high school kid the other day who spent 45 minutes on a bench texting when there was 3 or 4 of us hovering around looking for a free bench. Oh to be young and dumb again.

Love the Christmas Vacation quote!
    ***Co-Founder DIVERGENT NUTRTION**

"The Worst you can be is like everyone else..."
    ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar

divergentnutrition.com

BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    Did you ever ask Berto where I got the idea to start with that kind of dose with Vitamin D3?

Sporto
    No sir but I have an idea. I'll bug him later about it ;D
    www.youtube.com/flexxinator
    www.3dmusclejourney.com
    www.blogtalkradio.com/nattytalk

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Now is the time in the gym for all the New Year's resolution-ists and spring break-ers to come out of hiding and completely swamp the gym for the few weeks or months that these people even consider going. One thing that really irritates me is that these people, because they don't live the lifestyle and think they can just show up for a few weeks and change the way they look, don't understand proper gym etiquette at all. For instance, I will have all of my stuff surrounding a particular machine or setup, and as soon as I step away to grab a drink of water, someone comes in and starts removing weight. It never fails. Then, it's like I'M the dick for telling them that I'm not finished. Give me a break. the gym was filled with so much douche last night that I can still smell Summer's Eve. It's re-donkulous. Any way, a few more weeks, and hopefully I won't have to interact with these dingle-berries anymore.
    I recently ranted about something similar in a thread.......im starting to go over the edge because my gym just absolutely caters to these people. I cant stand it. We are talking like 300+ people in the gym at peak time. I had the same exact thing happen to me the other day. And at that point of my workout, if I said anything to the guy it would have come with some not-so-nice words......so I forced myself to just leave and go to another machine.

I get yelled at the other day because im making a little noise when im deadlifting......apparently it makes the fat people uncomfortable to know you have to work your ass off to attain a quality physique. We wouldnt want anyone to feel intimidated in the gym.

Oh yeah, and if one more obese college kid tries to ask me how much I bench, I'm going to kick them right in the taint...

"Taint"......I havent ever heard anyone else ever use that word. So how much do you bench?

Anyways....good to see your back at it full stride. Big things are coming.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Originally Posted by ekmi View Post
    definitely subbing to this thread, a bit late but I'm in!
    Awesome! Glad to have ya and if you have any questions, ask away!

Originally Posted by bsnyds View Post
    I'm in for tracking this thread too. I've looked in on your contest results from time to time. Very interested in seeing how your training goes. I feel you on all the New Years Res. people in the gym. Got in to it with some high school kid the other day who spent 45 minutes on a bench texting when there was 3 or 4 of us hovering around looking for a free bench. Oh to be young and dumb again.

Love the Christmas Vacation quote!
    Thanks for following along! Ah yes, to be young again...reminds me of a Point Break quote: "You're a real blue flame special, aren't you, son? Young, dumb and full of cum, I know. What I don't know is how you got assigned here. Guess we must just have ourselves an ******* shortage, huh?"

LOL

No sir but I have an idea. I'll bug him later about it ;D
    And I'm not even sure if it was me or not, I was really just curious as I was one of the first ones around to start preaching the high dose of vitamin D3 years ago...I was jut wondering where he got the idea - specifically that dose

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    I recently ranted about something similar in a thread.......im starting to go over the edge because my gym just absolutely caters to these people. I cant stand it. We are talking like 300+ people in the gym at peak time. I had the same exact thing happen to me the other day. And at that point of my workout, if I said anything to the guy it would have come with some not-so-nice words......so I forced myself to just leave and go to another machine.

I get yelled at the other day because im making a little noise when im deadlifting......apparently it makes the fat people uncomfortable to know you have to work your ass off to attain a quality physique. We wouldnt want anyone to feel intimidated in the gym.

"Taint"......I havent ever heard anyone else ever use that word. So how much do you bench?

Anyways....good to see your back at it full stride. Big things are coming.
    Let me guess...Planet Fitness? Did you set off the alarm? LOL

Yes, big things are coming...I'm at a crossroads and trying to decide where I want to take my training and competition level to. I've been throwing some ideas around lately and haven't decided on naything yet, so we'll see...

Sporto

Wednesday - Chest/Shoulders

Barbell Incline Press
    315X4 drop 225X8 RP X4X2

Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Decline Press
    4p+25psX6 drop 3ppsX10 RP X6X4

Low Incline Dumbbell Flys
    90X10
    90X10
    90X10

Hammer Strength Military Press
    3p+25psX5 drop 2ppsX12 RP X7X4

Lateral Machine Raises Superset Reverse Pec Deck
    140X10/160X10
    145X10/175X10
    150X10/190X10

Around The World Raises
    15X12
    20X10
    25X8 drop 15X8

~I had very little time to squeeze this workout in, so I moved really quickly in between sets and made the most of what I could! for some of my sets, I combined a drop set with a rest pause set, and holy hell...talk about instant sweat and heart rate shooting up! I think I may start doing sets like these from now on i'm taking both today and tomorrow off from the gym to spend with my two favorite girls, and then it's back to the gym on Monday to start working on my deadlift - which SUCKS by the way lol. I can just about SLDL/RDL the same weight that I can do conventionally. Oh well, no better time to work on it than this offseason. I have a goal set on what I want to accomplish, so it's time to put a plan in motion and go get it! My deadlift may suck for a while, but by this time next year, hopefully I'll be getting some "motherofgod.jpg" comments

Topic Of The Day - Lurkers Pick

Does anyone have any specific topics they want to discuss in here?

Movie Quote Of The Day

"So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

Sporto

ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    very solid workout Tommy. 3 plate inclines is a big lifetime goal of mine. hell, getting 2 plates was a big deal to me! lol

here's a topic suggestion: how do we, as natural bodybuilders, balance our work, family, and friend responsibilities w/ our competitive goals? for professionals and aspiring pro's it requires a huge amount of time and effort to achieve the optimal physique for a show and, more often than not, other aspects of life get placed on the back burner. how do YOU achieve a healthy balance in life while still putting your heart and soul into contest prep?

Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Low Incline Dumbbell Flys
    90X10
    90X10
    90X10
    Flys, ugh! I would be happy just to press that for reps. I'm really beginning to dislike you guys. BTW, I found this while cleaning up files on the computer. I don't remember who took the pic (maybe Kera) but the good ole days !
    Attached Images

Luck - "when preparation and opportunity meet."

"You can not make me feel inferior [nor can you embarrass me] without my consent" - E. Roosevelt.

Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kstu23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In just for the motivation
    INTENSITY isn't for everyone - nor is SUCCESS

Monday - Back Thickness/Traps/Rear Delts

Barbell Rack Deadlifts
    225X15
    315X12
    405X10
    495X10
    545X8
    585X8
    635X8
    675X8 - PR!

Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Pull-Downs
    3ppsX15
    3p+35psX12
    4p+25psX8
    5ppsX6 drop 3ppsX10

Barbell Shrugs (1 full second pause at top and bottom) Superset Dumbbell Reverse Incline Rear Delt Raises
    315X15/25X12
    405X10/30X10
    405X10/30X10
    405X10/30X10

Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Rows Superset Reverse Pec Deck
    3ppsX15/160X10
    4ppsX10/175X10
    4p+25psX8/175X10

Weighted Leg Raises+Hip Lifts
    20X10
    20X10

Weighted Crunch Machine
    95X12
    95X12

~Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. I don't know if it has been just a mental block or what, but it always seems that I cruise along just fine on rack deadlifts until I put on 7 plates on each side. It seems like every time I do that, I can't get that first rep up and going. Most of it is my fault in the way I do the lift. I have to be really careful on any explosion stuff that involves my glute/high hamstring at all because of a college injury that still gets tweaked every now and then to this day. So I can't just explode up with the weight, I have to gradually increase the pull up to my max pull to make sure I don't tear anything. For some reason, the weight just came right up and I pounded out 8 reps with a weight I had yet to get off the bar before lol. I was going to keep going, but I didn't expect to do those reps with that kind of weight, so by that time I had already done quite a bit of work and was gassed. Next time for sure! I actually wanted to do deadlifts from the floor, but after sitting at a computer doing taxes all day, and not getting to the gym until late, I just did the rack deads instead. Still working to get my groove back, but things are settling in quite nicely right now...

Topic Of The Day - Balance

This is actually a very important topic as it pertains to the lifestyle of a bodybuilder, competitor, etc. One of the hardest things to do in life is to maintain a good and healthy balance between all facets of your life. Think about it, usually the really rich people have a lot of problems in other areas of their life because of how lopsided their lives are. That's because there are a lot of sacrifices that they have to make in order to acheive AND maintain that status. The same goes for everyone else...everything we do has an opportunity cost attached to it. So the big question is, what is it that you are willing to sacrifice in order to achieve your goals - whether it be with your physique, your financial stature, your relationships, etc.? Ultimately, you get to choose this balance and where you spend your time and effort.

I see a lot of younger kids on these boards that are very serious and very enthusiastic about the path of either getting into tip top shape, competing, etc. And, at this point in their lives, they probably have the ability and time freedom to devote to that goal without sacrificing much in order to achieve it. I was one of those guys not too long ago. I was able to prep whenever I wanted, train whenever I wanted, and pretty much devote my time to competing, getting a pro card, winning a pro show, you name it. But now that I have a daughter and a family, how much is my time really worth? The more time I try to devote to my personal endeavors, the less time I have to spend with my wife and family. So where do you draw the line?

One thing that really helps is having a wife that also lives the healthy, active lifestyle as well. That enables us to go to the gym together (now with our daughter because our gym has a Kids Klub), even though we are doing our own thing as far as our workouts are concerned, we are still not spending time away from one another. So that is a huge plus. Also, because my wife competes, she understands the importance of the consistency of the nutrition and training. Because of that, we are able to spend more time together while still being involved in a sport and lifestyle that can be very selfish at times. We grocery shop together, cook together, eat together, etc. Whereas, I do know of some couples who don't simply because one is trying to live the lifestyle while the other doesn't care to.

As this pertains to bodybuilding specifically, the thing is, the stage will ALWAYS be there. If you compete for the right reasons, it is much easier to maintain balance in other areas of your life. I think that is mainly because you know you aren't competing against anyone but yourself, and as long as you are making an effort to make yourself better, then no matter when you compete or who it is against, you are going to win no matter what. You can have this lifestyle "supplement" your life instead of taking it over and consuming it. And, honestly, that's where you draw the line. Once bodybuilding/competing starts ruining relationships, or costing you promotions or positions at a company, or disconnects you from your spirituality, that's when it's time to reconsider what your goal and purpose is with the sport. There are much more important things in life than having 7 strangers collectively think you have the best package on stage at a particular contest. And honestly, it's your opinion of yourself that happens to be the only one that truly matters. If you can look in the mirror everyday and like what you see and enjoy your life with the people you surround yourself with, then that is what it's all about. For the most part, we all probably got into this industry and sport becaue of our own insecurity issues (I know I did). But, once we can finally grasp the concept of being secure with ourselves, and start doing things for the right reasons, it's amazing how much better all of these other facets of our lives become.

Balance - it can be a difficult concept to grasp and put into action, but once you find it, you life will be filled with joy and true happiness.

Movie Quote Of The Day

"Do you know what a duvet is? It's a blanket. Just a blanket. Now, why do guys like you and me know what a duvet is? Is this essential to our survival, in the hunter-gatherer sense of the word? No. What are we then? We are consumers. We're bi-products of a lifestyle obsession. Murder, crime, poverty, these things don't concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with 500 channels, some guy's name on my underwear. Rogaine, Viagra, Olestra. Martha Stewart. F*ck Martha Stewart. Martha's polishing the brass on the Titanic. It's all going down, man. So f*ck off with your sofa units and Strinne green stripe patterns..."

Sporto

Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Flys, ugh! I would be happy just to press that for reps. I'm really beginning to dislike you guys. BTW, I found this while cleaning up files on the computer. I don't remember who took the pic (maybe Kera) but the good ole days !
    Ah! Weren't those the good ol' days? I can still remember beig backstage and hanging out all day...that, and the smell of Hot Stuff lol

Sporto

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You sure deads are a weak point for you? lol Those are some SERIOUS rack deads!

quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    MAJOR reps for your insight on balance.

BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is that a Palahniuk quote? Looks very very similar.

Great Topic. Balance is key in every facet of life. Not much I can add because you went so damn in depth with it.

PS-I went on a search yesterday and happened to of read around every thread you've posted on Monkey island LOL
    www.3dmusclejourney.com

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    slow clap on that balance insight tommy, x2 million

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Balance, good man!

bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for your thoughts on balance. They ring very true and are very pertinent to me right now. I'm trying to balance continued improvment in my physique as my wife who is a competitor trys to balance the idea of competing again vs spending more time with our 3 daughters. I think you framed the thoughts, fears, goals, and true meaning of it all very well.
    I apreciate you allowing us to see inside a very private thought proccess. I believe many of us who to aspire to be more like you and other top competitors assume you all are imune to the same feelings/concerns we all have some how.
    Last edited by bsnyds; 01-19-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    ***Co-Founder DIVERGENT NUTRTION**

"The Worst you can be is like everyone else..."
    ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar

divergentnutrition.com

Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    You sure deads are a weak point for you? lol Those are some SERIOUS rack deads!
    Well, deadlifts off the floor definitely are I hoping that those rack deadlifts are a sign of things to come with my deadlift from the floor though as I haven't quite figured out how to fire everyting together efficiently yet to get a maximum effort pull. I mean, my legs are one of my strenths while back is one of my weaknesses...if I can figure out the proper technique, I should have a pretty sick deadlift. It's just gonna take some practice and time...

Originally Posted by quest-x View Post
    MAJOR reps for your insight on balance.
    Thanks! I'll ty to pick good topics from now on and just tell everyone how I feel!

Is that a Palahniuk quote? Looks very very similar.

Great Topic. Balance is key in every facet of life. Not much I can add because you went so damn in depth with it.

PS-I went on a search yesterday and happened to of read around every thread you've posted on Monkey island LOL
    Nope! It as from Fight Club

Ah...Lyle's site - yeah that's a fun one to hang around at...those guys are funny.

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    slow clap on that balance insight tommy, x2 million
    Thanks Eric - I can't ven explain into words how much more that subject means to me now that I have my daughter

Originally Posted by triplewhammy View Post
    Balance, good man!
    I just want to be happy....and, look good naked

Originally Posted by bsnyds View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts on balance. They ring very true and are very pertinent to me right now. I'm trying to balance continued improvment in my physique as my wife who is a competitor trys to balance the idea of competing again vs spending more time with our 3 daughters. I think you framed the thoughts, fears, goals, and true meaning of it all very well.
    I apreciate you allowing us to see inside a very private thought proccess. I believe many of us who to aspire to be more like you and other top competitors assume you all are imune to the same feelings/concerns we all have some how.
    Great! Glad you like the post! Yeah we all share the same feelings, emotions , concerns, etc. that everyone else does, we just may not show it as much. But balance becomes more and more difficult the older you get and the more you have going on in your life. that's why it is ever so important to keep control of it so that certain areas of your life don't ruin others. Believe me, I would LOVE to be able to devote all of my time and energy to continue to build an absolute beast of a natural bodybuilding package, but with a wife and daughter in my life now, that endeavor seems insignificant compared to being the best father and husband I can right now...

Sporto

lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [B][U][SIZE="3"]
    Topic Of The Day - Balance

This is actually a very important topic as it pertains to the lifestyle of a bodybuilder, competitor, etc. One of the hardest things to do in life is to maintain a good and healthy balance between all facets of your life. Think about it, usually the really rich people have a lot of problems in other areas of their life because of how lopsided their lives are. That's because there are a lot of sacrifices that they have to make in order to acheive AND maintain that status. The same goes for everyone else...everything we do has an opportunity cost attached to it. So the big question is, what is it that you are willing to sacrifice in order to achieve your goals - whether it be with your physique, your financial stature, your relationships, etc.? Ultimately, you get to choose this balance and where you spend your time and effort.

I see a lot of younger kids on these boards that are very serious and very enthusiastic about the path of either getting into tip top shape, competing, etc. And, at this point in their lives, they probably have the ability and time freedom to devote to that goal without sacrificing much in order to achieve it. I was one of those guys not too long ago. I was able to prep whenever I wanted, train whenever I wanted, and pretty much devote my time to competing, getting a pro card, winning a pro show, you name it. But now that I have a daughter and a family, how much is my time really worth? The more time I try to devote to my personal endeavors, the less time I have to spend with my wife and family. So where do you draw the line?

One thing that really helps is having a wife that also lives the healthy, active lifestyle as well. That enables us to go to the gym together (now with our daughter because our gym has a Kids Klub), even though we are doing our own thing as far as our workouts are concerned, we are still not spending time away from one another. So that is a huge plus. Also, because my wife competes, she understands the importance of the consistency of the nutrition and training. Because of that, we are able to spend more time together while still being involved in a sport and lifestyle that can be very selfish at times. We grocery shop together, cook together, eat together, etc. Whereas, I do know of some couples who don't simply because one is trying to live the lifestyle while the other doesn't care to.

As this pertains to bodybuilding specifically, the thing is, the stage will ALWAYS be there. If you compete for the right reasons, it is much easier to maintain balance in other areas of your life. I think that is mainly because you know you aren't competing against anyone but yourself, and as long as you are making an effort to make yourself better, then no matter when you compete or who it is against, you are going to win no matter what. You can have this lifestyle "supplement" your life instead of taking it over and consuming it. And, honestly, that's where you draw the line. Once bodybuilding/competing starts ruining relationships, or costing you promotions or positions at a company, or disconnects you from your spirituality, that's when it's time to reconsider what your goal and purpose is with the sport. There are much more important things in life than having 7 strangers collectively think you have the best package on stage at a particular contest. And honestly, it's your opinion of yourself that happens to be the only one that truly matters. If you can look in the mirror everyday and like what you see and enjoy your life with the people you surround yourself with, then that is what it's all about. For the most part, we all probably got into this industry and sport becaue of our own insecurity issues (I know I did). But, once we can finally grasp the concept of being secure with ourselves, and start doing things for the right reasons, it's amazing how much better all of these other facets of our lives become.

Balance - it can be a difficult concept to grasp and put into action, but once you find it, you life will be filled with joy and true happiness.

Sporto

Great insight sporto, awesome, very true.

Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Work-Hard is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Movie Quote Of The Day

"So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

Sporto

I can't believe nobody called the Wayne's World quote. By far one of my all time favorite movies. "Will Garth ever get his Sports Illustrated football phone?" "You didn't tell them about my pubes did you?"

been following along by the way, thanks for the motivation.
    Tim
    TEAM FRANCO
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128764101
    Train Hard and Prosper

Originally Posted by lth View Post
    Great insight sporto, awesome, very true.
    Thanks Tommy...it's very easy to get wrapped up in this sport and eventually lose sight of what's really important - I think everyone on this site is guilty of that at some point, myself included. As much as I really want to be one of the best natural bodybuilders ever by the time I am done competing, all I have to do is take one look at my wife and daughter to realize that I would much rather spend more time being a good husband and father...

Originally Posted by Work-Hard View Post
    I can't believe nobody called the Wayne's World quote. By far one of my all time favorite movies. "Will Garth ever get his Sports Illustrated football phone?" "You didn't tell them about my pubes did you?"

been following along by the way, thanks for the motivation.
    Ha! Del made that 2nd Wayne's World movie...that quote gets me every time!

Sporto

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Barbell Rack Deadlifts
    675X8 - PR!
    You sir are a monster.

Nope! It as from Fight Club

Ah...Lyle's site - yeah that's a fun one to hang around at...those guys are funny.
    Chuck Palahniuk wrote Fight Club So boom headshot, haha.

They are! Brutal but funny.. LOL
    www.3dmusclejourney.com

Originally Posted by Rsardinia View Post
    You sir are a monster.
    That is my #1 goal this offseason - to achieve SCARY MONSTER status...being the lightest weighing "heavyweight" (or lightest weighing light heavyweight in NPC) is not quite scary monster status yet

Chuck Palahniuk wrote Fight Club So boom headshot, haha.

They are! Brutal but funny.. LOL
    Ah ok! I didn't know that...I'm more of a movie-quoter rather than a movie trivia type of guy

Sporto

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good insight on the balance topic. Man, its a tough thing to achieve and its my number one priority this contest season......stay balanced. If it means I have to put off a show or whatever, my priorities have to be in line. Ive got my wife started on doing a body transformation contest as I prep, so this is a big step in achieving the balance you talk about. We are training, eating and counting macros together. And shes started off great. Cant wait to see how it turns out.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Shouldn't you be buried in a dark corner with an overhead light, surrounded by stacks of paper ? That is just something that I'll never miss.

Luck - "when preparation and opportunity meet."

"You can not make me feel inferior [nor can you embarrass me] without my consent" - E. Roosevelt.

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    fuuuuuuuuuuuu

why I am not following this thread...?

in!
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

Thursday - Legs

Barbell SLDL/RDL Hybrid
    135X20 - Warmup
    225X15 - Warmup
    315X10 - Warmup
    405X10
    455X8
    495X6 - PR!

Hammer Strength Kneeling Single Leg Curls
    50X20 each leg
    70X10 each leg
    80X10 each leg
    90X8 drop 60X8 drop 40X8 - TOAST!

Barbell Squats
    225X15
    315X10
    365X8
    405X6 drop 275X8

Glute-Ham Hyperextensions
    65X12
    80X10
    95X8

Inner/Outer Thigh
    235X20/150X20
    235X20/150X20
    235X20/150X20

Friday - Chest/Triceps

Barbell Incline Press
    135X20 - Warmup
    185X15 - Warmup
    225X10 - Warmup
    275X8
    295X6
    315X4 drop 225X8 drop 135X10

Life Fitness Machine Flys
    190X15
    205X12
    220X10
    235X8 drop 160X8

Incline Smith Machine Press (2 second pause at bottom)
    225X10
    245X8
    265X6
    275X4 drop 185X6 drop 135X8

Low Incline Flys
    75X12
    80X10
    85X8 - TOAST!

V-Bar Push-Downs
    67.5psX20
    77.5psX15
    87.5psX12
    97.5psX10
    Stack+25X8 drop 97.5X8

DB Skull Crushers
    50X15
    60X10
    70X8 drop 45X8

Close Grip Decline Press
    135X15
    185X12
    225X10
    275X8 drop 185X8

Movie Quote Of The Day

"Janice, I apologize to you if I don't seem real eager to jump into a forced, awkward intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering, "Do I have food on my face? Am I eating? Am I talking too much? Are they talking enough? Am I interested? I'm not really interested. Should I play like I'm interested? But, I'm not that interested. But, I think she might be interested? But, do I want to be interested? But, now she's not interested? So all of the sudden, I'm getting, I'm starting to get interested." And, when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door? Cause, then, it's awkward. It's like, well, goodnight. Do you do like that ass-out hug? Where you like, you hug each other like this and your ass sticks out cause you're trying not to get too close? Or, do you just go right in and kiss them on the lips? Or don't kiss them at all? It's very difficult trying to read the situation. And, all the while, you're just really wondering, "Are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions?" Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip", just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair."

Sporto