Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000)

I got the procedure done yesterday

So I got it done yesterday. Flip had me all freaked out that it would hurt like hell. Well it didn't. The only thing that hurt was when the doc put the novicane into each ball. Then after that it was some tugging... some very weird, uncomfortable, tugging. The procedure took about 8 minutes per ball. I was gratefull to smell the burning flesh cause I knew he was about done.

Docs and needles are my phobia. I told the doc before he started that "I don't want to know what your doing" and " I don't need a narrative" Once I did my initial consultation they gave me a pamphlet that described what they would be doing. I read it that day and didn't look at it again. I didn't want to psych myself out like Flip did. But then on the way to the docs office my wife starts talking about this crazy medical sh*t she was watching on TV! yeah, thanks hun!
    Last edited by HumpStrap; 07-10-2009 at 09:13 AM.

HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000)
    The pain afterwards felt like severe Blue Balls. Today it is like someone hit me in the sack. But all in all it's not that bad.

The doc said he stopped counting at 4200 procedures, so I think he knew what he was doing.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HumpStrap View Post
    So I got it done yesterday. Flip had me all freaked out that it would hurt like hell. Well it didn't. The only thing that hurt was when the doc put the novicane into each ball. Then after that it was some tugging... some very weird, uncomfortable, tugging. The procedure took about 8 minutes per ball. I was gratefull to smell the burning flesh cause I knew he was about done.

Docs and needles are my phobia. I told the doc before he started that "I don't want to know what your doing" and " I don't need a narrative" Once I did my initial consultation they gave me a pamphlet that described what they would be doing. I read it that day and didn't look at it again. I didn't want to psych myself out like Flip did. But then on the way to the docs office my wife starts talking about this crazy medical sh*t she was watching on TV! yeah, thanks hun!
    LOL i guess i'm a big pussy.

The pain afterwards felt like severe Blue Balls. Today it is like someone hit me in the sack. But all in all it's not that bad.

The doc said he stopped counting at 4200 procedures, so I think he knew what he was doing.
    keep us updated as you heal up

how many days off work are you taking? how long are you staying away from the gym?

I work from home doing estimates, so I'm not really taking any real time off.

I was going to ask you how long it took for you to get back in the gym etc. When I walk down the stairs (when the boys start to bounce) it starts to hurt.

How long till you healed?

How was your vacation?

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I work from home doing estimates, so I'm not really taking any real time off.

I was going to ask you how long it took for you to get back in the gym etc. When I walk down the stairs (when the boys start to bounce) it starts to hurt.

How long till you healed?
    i took a full month off from weights. but i started cardio again after 3 weeks. as long as you don't run, i'm sure you could do something after 2.

the short term pain isn't what really bothered me after the first 2 weeks, it was the possible long term complications that kept me from rushing things.

How was your vacation?
    the month off from exercise was hard for me. i had a horrible diet and i ended up losing close to 15lbs in that one single month.

Yeah I'm thinkin a week or two off definitly and probably no squats for at LEAST 3 weeks.

Seriously I appriciated your thread man! glad to know I'm not alone.

I told the wife the doctor's instructions were "have your wife perform oral on you 3x day for first 5 days to suck out posion!!" HAHAHAH!!

usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnsailor20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy My Saga of Vasectomy Fun

Ugh...those that haven't had complications....are lucky.

I had mine on July 1st. Went fairly easily, altho took a little longer than normal (an hour). Went home, sat with the frozen peas as my new friends.

Day 2. Started the swelling and bruising, pretty decent but expected. Not serious pain.

Day 3. Had the bruising limited to just the left side, and a bit of a lump. Swelling on the right went down overnight, nearly no bruising on the right side. Tenderness and soreness abounds.

Day 4. Wanted to cry like a little girl, still rotating frozen bags of peas, popping ********s like tic tacs. Left side is now the size of a potato. Fairly firm, sac is nearly black from bruising. Right side, right as rain.

Day 5. Go back to the doc, and asked him wtf....consulted with a 2nd doc, confirmed scrotal hematoma. Size unchanged, soreness and tenderness are near crying levels. Told to take another 2 days off from work to continue frozen peas and ********s + naproxen.

Day 6. Rotating frozen peas, size unchanged, slightly less tender, still very sore.

Day 7. Same as above.

Day 8. Back to work, size unchanged, go back to the doc again for another checkup. Slight weeping from the incision site. Didn't notice until we checked. Mass is nearly solid near the top, softer towards the bottom. Literally can't find my left nut.

Day 9 (today). Soreness in general throughout the lower abdomen, weeping from the incision is more pronounced. Rotating gauze pads on the site. Looking foward to my frozen peas and meds at the house when I get home from work. Follow up with the doc to take place next week.

I've been told the odds of this are 1:1000, so don't let that stop you from getting it done. I just had a bad case of luck. I did what I was told, and still, this was the result of mine so far.

Wow man sorry bout your pain!! My doc didn't give me anything!! he said go home, take a tylenol and have a beer!

My pain really isn't that bad. but I've been sitting in this chair for a few hrs and I gotta lay down here REAL SOON... the doc said "gravity is your enemy" he is right!!

Yeah I'm thinkin a week or two off definitly and probably no squats for at LEAST 3 weeks.

Seriously I appriciated your thread man! glad to know I'm not alone.

I told the wife the doctor's instructions were "have your wife perform oral on you 3x day for first 5 days to suck out posion!!" HAHAHAH!!
    i waited a week for the first ejaculation. everything was fine.

my first few workouts i took it easy. used half of my usual weights and didn't push hard.

Originally Posted by usnsailor20 View Post
    Ugh...those that haven't had complications....are lucky.

I had mine on July 1st. Went fairly easily, altho took a little longer than normal (an hour). Went home, sat with the frozen peas as my new friends.

Day 2. Started the swelling and bruising, pretty decent but expected. Not serious pain.

Day 3. Had the bruising limited to just the left side, and a bit of a lump. Swelling on the right went down overnight, nearly no bruising on the right side. Tenderness and soreness abounds.

Day 4. Wanted to cry like a little girl, still rotating frozen bags of peas, popping ********s like tic tacs. Left side is now the size of a potato. Fairly firm, sac is nearly black from bruising. Right side, right as rain.

Day 5. Go back to the doc, and asked him wtf....consulted with a 2nd doc, confirmed scrotal hematoma. Size unchanged, soreness and tenderness are near crying levels. Told to take another 2 days off from work to continue frozen peas and ********s + naproxen.

Day 6. Rotating frozen peas, size unchanged, slightly less tender, still very sore.

Day 7. Same as above.

Day 8. Back to work, size unchanged, go back to the doc again for another checkup. Slight weeping from the incision site. Didn't notice until we checked. Mass is nearly solid near the top, softer towards the bottom. Literally can't find my left nut.

Day 9 (today). Soreness in general throughout the lower abdomen, weeping from the incision is more pronounced. Rotating gauze pads on the site. Looking foward to my frozen peas and meds at the house when I get home from work. Follow up with the doc to take place next week.

I've been told the odds of this are 1:1000, so don't let that stop you from getting it done. I just had a bad case of luck. I did what I was told, and still, this was the result of mine so far.

^^^^

that's why i was so scared to do it.

^^^^

that's why i was so scared to do it.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I didn't do any further research!! My wife asked me what he did and I said "I have no idea!"

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by usnsailor20 View Post
    scrotal hematoma
    Worst word combination known to man....lol.

You guys aren't making me feel confident about this. I'm getting one in a few months. Ugh.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    Worst word combination known to man....lol.

You guys aren't making me feel confident about this. I'm getting one in a few months. Ugh.
    I'll gladly take these couple of days of pain over having another kid!!

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll gladly take these couple of days of pain over having another kid!!

I'll join that sentiment after September....when my son will be born. This sperm bank is closing for business.

day 2 of recovery and it is by far the worst. Very much feels like someone kicked me in the fun sacks- not fun

I hate this thread. I need to unsubscribe, but I can't bring myself to do it..........lol.

bump for all you phggts

ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm always creeping the forums but never really post but found this thread helpful for mentally prepping for my vasectomy and figured I'd chime in on my experience if it'll help others. Just got mine done last Thursday and had the same experience as most. Quick procedure, novacaine shot was a quick "prick" (no pun intended), then just some minor tugging. Didn't remove the bags of frozen peas from the area at all the first day to avoid any possible swelling. Was basically on the sofa resting for three days. Was geting cabin fever but it's a small price to pay for the peace of mind and maing the wife happy. Made it back to the gym on Sunday for a chest/bi's workout and didn't notice much strength loss so that was nice. It's now been almost six days since and I'm feeling good but still pretty sore down there. Gonna wait to hit legs until Saturday and sticking with low impact cardio like the bike. Hope this helps.

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm jealous. I'm getting one as soon as I can get out of Alaska. No way in hell I'm letting a doctor in Alaska touch my nuts. They probably do, like, 5 a year. I'm afraid I'm gonna hear something like, "I THINK I did it right. You're supposed to remove both of the testicles, right?"

so it's been 2 years since my vasectomy, lol?!?!? if it wasn't for this thread i wouldn't have known how long it's been.

i never went in for a semen sample but i guess i'm sterile now. my wife and i f*ck like rabbits and no extra kids yet (knock on wood)