Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kudostojen View Post
    hey, have you noticed all the new threads in the keto forums lately? i love it. It's like this diet just got popular.
    I have noticed that too!! Weird....
    ''The greatest wealth, is health.''

''Sacrifice what you are, for what you can become.''

My XBox live gamertag is ''Sideways717''

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey, have you noticed all the new threads in the keto forums lately? i love it. It's like this diet just got popular.
    Yes I did and I really like the diet. The guy at my job that is doing the Atkins version is losing a whole lot of muscle mass because there is no carb-up for him. I poke fun at him because 6 months ago we were arguing over this issue and he didn't believe me and he wants to be a body builder.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sideways17 View Post
    I have noticed that too!! Weird....
    I was thinking it was because of summer but summer is half over already.

Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    Yes I did and I really like the diet. The guy at my job that is doing the Atkins version is losing a whole lot of muscle mass because there is no carb-up for him. I poke fun at him because 6 months ago we were arguing over this issue and he didn't believe me and he wants to be a body builder.
    lol...does he believe you now? Why doesn't he do the TKD version if he doesn't want to carb up? I love the carb ups. hehe

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I probably won't be here for long. I was reading in a supplement thread and guys were talking about some Black professor and Obama and some cops. I responded with, "I thought this was a supplement discussion...."

And because of that one user (maybe one of the owners) was able to turn my rep to -4700 pounts and to all red. So if this is the behavior of possible owners of the site, I think I will join another site. Maybe join Kyle McDonalds discussion forum. I definately won't buy any more products from here.

kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well I probably won't be here for long. I was reading in a supplement thread and guys were talking about some Black professor and Obama and some cops. I responded with, "I thought this was a supplement discussion...."

And because of that one user (maybe one of the owners) was able to turn my rep to -4700 pounts and to all red. So if this is the behavior of possible owners of the site, I think I will join another site. Maybe join Kyle McDonalds discussion forum. I definately won't buy any more products from here.
    That is horrible and total bull****.

I would do some serious complaining. I have a similar story. Take a look at this thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117839381

They didn't neg me though. Which is good.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

That is horrible and total bull****.

I would do some serious complaining. I have a similar story. Take a look at this thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117839381

They didn't neg me though. Which is good.
    No where to complain to. No board admin PM that I know of. The guy just may be the site admin.

My prediction: Pain! joey joe joe's Avatar
    joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

That sounds like some serious BS. Can you see who negged you?
    New music and video up! www.daysleftmusic.com

No where to complain to. No board admin PM that I know of. The guy just may be the site admin.
    Looks like he's the only one who negged you. He's got some serious power. All you need is the right person to rep you. If he's the only one, they may not do anything about it anyway. Ask Eileen. She may have the power to help.

I tried repping you but it won't let me.

Ivan Turgenev

Well my username is the same on Lyles discussion forum and he is very active on his board including the ketogenic diet thread so you might find me there. They have a log section to, so I will open one up there as well.

I hope you don't leave for good. I enjoy looking at your thread and all your other posts.

If you go, you will me missed.

Ivan Turgenev

I hope you don't leave for good. I enjoy looking at your thread and all your other posts.

If you go, you will me missed.
    Looks like the webmaster took those negative reps off and I'm back to normal.

while hanging out on Lyles forum it looks like in order to break my plateu I need to take a week or two off of the diet so I will be doing that. Also Lyles states in his book which for some reason I ignored.

"Although this goes against everything most dieters have been conditioned to believe,
    sometimes the best strategy to break a fat loss plateau is to take a week off of the diet and eat
    at maintenance calories. Some individuals choose to remain ketogenic, simply increasing their
    caloric intake, while others prefer to return to a carbohydrate based diet.
    The body ultimately adapts to anything including diet and calorie levels. Taking a week off
    of the diet can help raise metabolic rate as well as rebuild any muscle which may have been lost.
    However, fat gain during a one week break is generally minimal as long as individuals do not
    overdo caloric intake. Keep in mind that adding carbohydrates back into the diet can cause a
    rapid but transient weight regain for individuals on an SKD or TKD.

Individuals on a CKD typically lengthen their carb-up to 5-7 days as their break from
    dieting. Obviously, carbohydrate intake during the first 24 hours should be lowered since a longer
    carb-load period is being performed. A one to two-week break from the diet every four to six
    weeks of dieting seems to work well for most people.
    "
    Last edited by queloque; 07-25-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Glad you're back to the way it should be.

Ivan Turgenev

First day of my Flexible Diet for about a week to 10 days. Its a schedule that Lyles McDonald has as well to stop my body getting used to keto and slowing down metoblic rate.
    I pretty much have to eat at matainenance of my existing weight.

The schedule requires the following:

1. Eat more frequently
    2. Eat plenty of lean protein
    3. Eat a moderate amount of fat at each meal
    4. Eat plenty of fiber from vegetables, fruits, and unrefined carbohydrates like beans
    5. Eat moderate amounts of refined carbohydrates such as breads, pasta, rice and grains
    6. Eat slowly
    7. Continue to utilize free meals and/or structured refeeds
    8. Exercise

Every meal eaten while at maintenance must contain a source of protein and this will go a long way towards keeping caloric intake at bay.

Proteins to eat are:

Skinless chicken breast
    Low-fat fish: tuna, cod, halibut, flounder, lobster, crab
    Extremely lean red meat: 95-98% fat free
    Low or nonfat dairy
    Egg whites with limited whole eggs
    Beef jerky

Also 14 grams of fat at each meal which is like a tablespoon of olive oil.

I also have to eat 260 grams of carbs which comes out to 1,040 calories.
    650 calories in Protien and about the same for Fats if I do 14 grams X 5 meals.

Everything has to be clean though. I'm eating roughly 2500-2800 calories for maintainance.

Most of the carbs have to come from fruits and veggies with a minimal amount of starchy stuff. No dehydrated fruits or juices. A lot of fiber to fill my stomach to feel full. No stuff like bagels that can carry 400 calories alone.

For breakfast I had oatmeal, tablespoon of olive oil in the oatmeal mixed with 1 egg. I'm eating cherries right now at work. I also had a protien drink. I need to go shopping for some protien food.

Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First day of my Flexible Diet for about a week to 10 days. Its a schedule that Lyles McDonald has as well to stop my body getting used to keto and slowing down metoblic rate.
    I pretty much have to eat at matainenance of my existing weight.

The schedule requires the following:

1. Eat more frequently
    2. Eat plenty of lean protein
    3. Eat a moderate amount of fat at each meal
    4. Eat plenty of fiber from vegetables, fruits, and unrefined carbohydrates like beans
    5. Eat moderate amounts of refined carbohydrates such as breads, pasta, rice and grains
    6. Eat slowly
    7. Continue to utilize free meals and/or structured refeeds
    8. Exercise

Every meal eaten while at maintenance must contain a source of protein and this will go a long way towards keeping caloric intake at bay.

Proteins to eat are:

Skinless chicken breast
    Low-fat fish: tuna, cod, halibut, flounder, lobster, crab
    Extremely lean red meat: 95-98% fat free
    Low or nonfat dairy
    Egg whites with limited whole eggs
    Beef jerky

Also 14 grams of fat at each meal which is like a tablespoon of olive oil.

I also have to eat 260 grams of carbs which comes out to 1,040 calories.
    650 calories in Protien and about the same for Fats if I do 14 grams X 5 meals.

Everything has to be clean though. I'm eating roughly 2500-2800 calories for maintainance.

Most of the carbs have to come from fruits and veggies with a minimal amount of starchy stuff. No dehydrated fruits or juices. A lot of fiber to fill my stomach to feel full. No stuff like bagels that can carry 400 calories alone.

For breakfast I had oatmeal, tablespoon of olive oil in the oatmeal mixed with 1 egg. I'm eating cherries right now at work. I also had a protien drink. I need to go shopping for some protien food.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I need this bad...Im stuck...still! Ill be doing this for 2 weeks starting tomorrow! Macros??
    Last edited by Sideways17; 07-27-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Notes to remind me during the Full Diet Break:

"It is not uncommon for bodyweight to spike by a few pounds when performing a full diet break. This is especially true for low-carbohydrate dieters who reintroduce carbs but can also occur in individual on moderate carb (Zone-type) or high-carb diets.

This slight increase is no cause for alarm and represents increased glycogen (carbohydrate stored in the muscle) and water storage. As well, increased food in the gut can increase bodyweight slightly.

physiological reasons? - Everybody who reads this, this is very key to understanding of why some people may need to get out of the diet for 1 to 2 weeks. Its really to jump start your metabolic rate once you get back into Keto.
    This info is from another one of McDonald's books. So you won't find it in the Ketogenic Diet. I'll try to summerize as best I can for everyone.

Leptin - Leptin (Greek leptos meaning thin) is a 16 kDa protein hormone that plays a key role in regulating energy intake and energy expenditure, including appetite and metabolism. Source: wiki

Key points I've pulled out on the physiological part:

1. Even with the best diet and the proper use of free meals and structured refeeds, eventually the body adapts to a point where the diet that was once generating
    decent fat loss is no longer doing so.

2. It?s an interaction of leptin and all of the other hormones which are telling the brain
    to adapt to fat loss by altering such metabolic processes as thyroid output and nervous system output (both of which have profound effects on metabolic rate).

3. By raising calories, we raise leptin (and normalize the other hormones) and metabolism tends to recover, helping the next phase of dieting work more effectively.

4. the goal is to try to fix metabolism without gaining back so much weight or fat that you end up worse off. Even then, let?s say you gain a pound of real fat over the 2 week span of the full diet break. Compared to what you should have lost during the previous dieting phase, this is a drop in the bucket. if that one or two pound gain means you lose fat at a faster rate when returning to your diet, it?s more than worth it.

5. One of the primary goals of the full diet break is to reset all of those hormones (to one degree or another) to try to correct the adaptive reduction in metabolic rate.

6. This allows the diet to proceed more effectively when you reduce calories again.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-27-2009 at 10:50 AM.

leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    physiological reasons? - Everybody who reads this, this is very key to understanding of why some people may need to get out of the diet for 1 to 2 weeks. Its really to jump start your metabolic rate once you get back into Keto.
    This info is from another one of McDonald's books. So you won't find it in the Ketogenic Diet. I'll try to summerize as best I can for everyone.

Leptin - Leptin (Greek leptos meaning thin) is a 16 kDa protein hormone that plays a key role in regulating energy intake and energy expenditure, including appetite and metabolism. Source: wiki

Key points I've pulled out on the physiological part:

1. Even with the best diet and the proper use of free meals and structured refeeds, eventually the body adapts to a point where the diet that was once generating
    decent fat loss is no longer doing so.

2. It?s an interaction of leptin and all of the other hormones which are telling the brain
    to adapt to fat loss by altering such metabolic processes as thyroid output and nervous system output (both of which have profound effects on metabolic rate).

3. By raising calories, we raise leptin (and normalize the other hormones) and metabolism tends to recover, helping the next phase of dieting work more effectively.

4. the goal is to try to fix metabolism without gaining back so much weight or fat that you end up worse off. Even then, let?s say you gain a pound of real fat over the 2 week span of the full diet break. Compared to what you should have lost during the previous dieting phase, this is a drop in the bucket. if that one or two pound gain means you lose fat at a faster rate when returning to your diet, it?s more than worth it.

5. One of the primary goals of the full diet break is to reset all of those hormones (to one degree or another) to try to correct the adaptive reduction in metabolic rate.

6. This allows the diet to proceed more effectively when you reduce calories again.
    I don't know much about Leptin. But as far as keeping the body guessing and letting reset its clocks per say sounds perfectly logical. I know a few months ago I took a week off my diet and exercise to catch up with old friends in New Zealand. At that time I was stuck on a 3 week plateau. When I returned not only did I lose a kilo but over the next 4 weeks the weight began falling off again.

Mentally I think it is hard to come off a diet you have been stern with. One step back two forward.

Good luck man.
    Roo, Roo...

Boy the bathroom and I have become very good friends - with all of this fiber.

I didn't realize how much fiber I can consume when on this 1 week off diet.

So far so good being off the diet at maintenance. Body feels warmer when I workout. I actually sweat more. No increase in waste size. It seems like my metabolic rate is increasing once again.

Nice eating fruits and some of the untouchable veggies. Had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with honey this morning. I love honey. So far intake is very clean. Fiber intake is off the charts.

Negative side, more gas and bathroom use.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-29-2009 at 06:35 AM.

weight myself, 4 pound increase while off diet after almost a week. Waist line actually decreased. Arms increased by 1/2 inch. Leg size increased by 1/2 inch. So I know i'm not storing fat just feeding muscles with the carbs i'm eating. Workout pumps are off the charts. Always pumped now I guess since I feed my glycogens with the additional carbs before and after workout.

Not bad. Not bad at all. Feel warmer when I workout. Still sweat more. So I guess my metabolic rate clearly has increased as its supposed to.

Awesome, how long you gonna go off the diet? The full 2 weeks? Im doing the same thing. But I know I've gone over maintenance a few days...Pumps are better and I've felt that warm, tingly feeling after a good workout again!

Originally Posted by Sideways17 View Post
    Awesome, how long you gonna go off the diet? The full 2 weeks? Im doing the same thing. But I know I've gone over maintenance a few days...Pumps are better and I've felt that warm, tingly feeling after a good workout again!
    I'm thinking 10 days. I think I lost 1/2 inch around the waste too.
    Yep, feel warmer and I always get a pump.

MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000)
    Love this log, I also went off keto last week cause it just felt right. I was slowing down on progress after 6 weeks of being on keto.

I gained 3-4 lbs but DAMN the pumps are soo unreal and I also look much bigger. I'm probably going back on keto though starting tomorrow morning.

Have you noticed different types of energy while on keto as compared to regular diet?
    Keto Diet:
    Start - June 13th - 198 lbs (~??% bf)
    November 06, 2009 - 168 lbs (14% bf)

Almost 4 weeks into Bulk:
    December 04, 2009 - 180 lbs @ 17%
    December 12, 2009 - 184 lbs

Thanks, MuZI!!

Ok, so after a full week or 9 days on the "Full Diet Break" I'm still sitting at the 4 pound gain. I consider this a successful off keto diet. Waist actually got smaller. Carbs were clean most of the time except for ice-cream and some cookies. I stayed within my maintenance without fat gain at about 2400-2600 calories.

As far as teh workouts, pumps are awesome. Always pumped with just about every exercise I do.

I've also decided to make this a 2 week full diet break.
    Last edited by queloque; 08-02-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Still off the diet for this final week. I'm actually losing weight believe it or not. I'm only 2 1/2 pounds away from when I got off the diet. 1/2 inch off of my waist and 1 inch off of around my belly button (stomach fat). Gained 6 pounds when I started, but that is coming off. So I guess when I get back on keto I should see some good water weight loss below my 203 which was the lowest weight I dropped to under keto and stalled for a good 6 weeks.

Still eating clean with 40% of carbs. All clean carbs. Oatmeal, honeydew, cantaloupe, bananas, avocado, chicken meats, broccoli, Protien drinks with flax oil or olive oil. Canned tuna. Black Beans. Pinto Beans, butter beans, Other fresh veggies. Suck on a lime with almost every meal but mostly when I eat meat to keep my PH balanced or throw it in with a glass of water.

I'm loving the honeydew. I eat almost 2 pounds a day. Pissing like a racehorse.

Actually the meals really come out very fun to eat when its mixed right. I'm eating at maintenance at almost 2600 calories. I guess I could eat more if i'm losing weight but its a lot more than when I was eating 1800 with keto. Clearly not enough food and again probably why I stalled.

Added Kelp supplements to get my iodine and keep my thyroid glands in check that regulates metabolism and growth.
    Last edited by queloque; 08-04-2009 at 07:41 AM.

Taking 2 valuable days off from the gym. Today is my second day off.

Much needed rest.

leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50) leanllama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Still off the diet for this final week. I'm actually losing weight believe it or not. I'm only 2 1/2 pounds away from when I got off the diet. 1/2 inch off of my waist and 1 inch off of around my belly button (stomach fat). Gained 6 pounds when I started, but that is coming off. So I guess when I get back on keto I should see some good water weight loss below my 203 which was the lowest weight I dropped to under keto and stalled for a good 6 weeks.

Still eating clean with 40% of carbs. All clean carbs. Oatmeal, honeydew, cantaloupe, bananas, avocado, chicken meats, broccoli, Protien drinks with flax oil or olive oil. Canned tuna. Black Beans. Pinto Beans, butter beans, Other fresh veggies. Suck on a lime with almost every meal but mostly when I eat meat to keep my PH balanced or throw it in with a glass of water.

Actually the meals really come out very fun to eat when its mixed right. I'm eating at maintenance at almost 2600 calories. I guess I could eat more if i'm losing weight but its a lot more than when I was eating 1800 with keto. Clearly not enough food and again probably why I stalled.

Added Kelp supplements to get my iodine and keep my thyroid glands in check that regulates metabolism and growth.

When you go back to keto are you going to keep your calories a bit higher. The reason I ask is I am finding I am losing more weight by eating 2200-2450, then by eating under 2000. Our bodies are truly strange things.
    Roo, Roo...

Originally Posted by leanllama View Post
    When you go back to keto are you going to keep your calories a bit higher. The reason I ask is I am finding I am losing more weight by eating 2200-2450, then by eating under 2000. Our bodies are truly strange things.
    For sure. No way am I going to eat below 2000 calories this go around. If I can lose weight eating 2600 calories with 40% of them carbs while off the diet, I think its pretty safe to say I can eat over 2000 calories under the keto diet.

Good for you. I'm glad your body is back doing what you want it to do.

Ivan Turgenev

Good for you. I'm glad your body is back doing what you want it to do.
    Thanks. I'm so loving my maintenance diet. Its been a pleasure eating clean carbs.

Today I had:

almost 2 pounds of honeydew and cantaloupe.
    2 tablespoons of honey
    2 tablespoons of olive oil
    1/2 cup of oat meal
    8 ounces of beans
    16 ounces of chicken breast.
    3 ounces of chicken thigh
    Tortilla with 14 grams of fiber with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
    1 lime
    2 bananas

for about 2600 calories.

Stomach looks and feel smaller. No weight gain that I thought would happen.

My schedule will now be:

6 weeks keto and 2 weeks off at a maintenance diet of clean to almost clean carb at about 40% of my intake. Fats at a healthy 35 percent and the rest protein.

At this rate there shouldn't be any depriving of foods that I love.