Page 56 of 165 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 4922
    justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000) justin6683 is just really nice. (+1000)
    5-6years ago when i was getting ready for a show i LOVED the labrada choclate chip mint bars but i cant find them anymore so ill occasionally have a pure protein peanutbutter with some milk..

bmbutch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Protein Bars Reviewed: Sustain, Labrada Lean Body, Power Crunch, Diet Protein

I'm not a nutritionist, my review is based only on my opinion of taste and ability of bar to curb my hunger until next meal.
    Bars I've tried: Clif, Sustain, Powercrunch, ON Diet, & Lean Body Cookie.

Overall Taste Listed in order of best to worst IMHO:
    1) Sustain Vanilla Almond, hands down. It's great. Consistency, aftertaste, all excellent.
    2) Sustain Peanut Butter. Not as good as Vanilla Almond, but still 2nd best.
    3) Labrada Lean Body Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. Very good, especially if heated 10~12 secs in microwave. Very much as advertised, like eating a cookie bar.
    4) Labrada Lean Body S'Mores. Similar to #3, but not quite as tasty.
    5) Power Crunch PB Fudge. OK taste, a bit of a strange aftertaste, and kind of chalky.
    6) Power Crunch Cinnamon Bun. Again, ok taste and chalky, not quite as good as PB Fudge.
    7) Clif Bar. Good taste, kind of weird, can't really explain. Chemical/Fake tasting.
    8) ON Diet Protein Bars (flavor doesn't really matter, I give Fudge Truffle the nod over others). Taste must be acquired, better than nothing. These were first I tried, and I thought early on, Fudge Truffle were not to bad. Later tried otheres listed above, and taste opinion changed.

As a MRP / Holdover to next meal, I say:
    1) Lean Body Cookie Bar
    2) Sustain Bars
    3) Power Crunch or Diet ON.
    4) Clif Bar.

Not getting into the cost vs. protein etc., debate, still to new to know much about Protein types, nutrition, etc..

God Bless and Happy Lifting.
    What chains can hold belong to man, the rest belongs to God! - Joshua Gianavel

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Best overall....and healthiest of the group......we rock.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by uhockey View Post
    I've had a box of the Almond Sustain bars sitting here for a week or two... I think it's finally time I treat myself to one tomorrow AM and see about this hype.

V/R,

ANT
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Warneckutz View Post
    I've had a box of the Almond Sustain bars sitting here for a week or two... I think it's finally time I treat myself to one tomorrow AM and see about this hype.

V/R,

ANT
    Its like LeBron James.......lives up to the hype.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    we need that in an ad. "most BBers prefer Sustain Bars." or "8 out of 10 BBers prefer Sustain Bars over the competition."
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Originally Posted by Sldge View Post
    we need that in an ad. "most BBers prefer Sustain Bars." or "8 out of 10 BBers prefer Sustain Bars over the competition."
    Or we could go with the old "Kix" commercial idea....."Kid tested, mother approved......."

"BBer tested, Doctor approved!"

Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol...don't get me started on that subject.

Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warneckutz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Speaking of... I hadn't watched basketball in a LONG time, but after seeing the highlights of the Game 1: Cavs-Pistons, I quickly regained my interest in basketball.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Or we could go with the old "Kix" commercial idea....."Kid tested, mother approved......."

"BBer tested, Doctor approved!"
    Now that is awesome. I really like that.
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Sustain Bar - Vanilla Almond

All of my meals are sitting on my kitchen counter at the moment and I'm sitting at my desk at work, completely irritated and annoyed by that fact... But, THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT.

I threw a Sustain bar in my gym bag last night (btw, the packaging is awesome compared to any other brand, but that's not important at this moment either but it's a nice feature).

That bar TASTED GREAT! I'll have to show some of the GNC-only people at my gym what they're missing out on!

Likin' this bar, D.S.! Great Job!

V/R,

Ant
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bmbutch View Post
    I'm not a nutritionist, my review is based only on my opinion of taste and ability of bar to curb my hunger until next meal.
    Bars I've tried: Clif, Sustain, Powercrunch, ON Diet, & Lean Body Cookie.

Overall Taste Listed in order of best to worst IMHO:
    1) Sustain Vanilla Almond, hands down. It's great. Consistency, aftertaste, all excellent.
    2) Sustain Peanut Butter. Not as good as Vanilla Almond, but still 2nd best.
    3) Labrada Lean Body Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. Very good, especially if heated 10~12 secs in microwave. Very much as advertised, like eating a cookie bar.
    4) Labrada Lean Body S'Mores. Similar to #3, but not quite as tasty.
    5) Power Crunch PB Fudge. OK taste, a bit of a strange aftertaste, and kind of chalky.
    6) Power Crunch Cinnamon Bun. Again, ok taste and chalky, not quite as good as PB Fudge.
    7) Clif Bar. Good taste, kind of weird, can't really explain. Chemical/Fake tasting.
    8) ON Diet Protein Bars (flavor doesn't really matter, I give Fudge Truffle the nod over others). Taste must be acquired, better than nothing. These were first I tried, and I thought early on, Fudge Truffle were not to bad. Later tried otheres listed above, and taste opinion changed.

As a MRP / Holdover to next meal, I say:
    1) Lean Body Cookie Bar
    2) Sustain Bars
    3) Power Crunch or Diet ON.
    4) Clif Bar.

Not getting into the cost vs. protein etc., debate, still to new to know much about Protein types, nutrition, etc..

God Bless and Happy Lifting.
    I guess VPX Zero Impact Bars are in a class of their own and were above this experiment???

haha...just messing with you...but if you want a bar that will fill you up then VPX is where its at. I am honestly full (not wanting another bite of food) after eating one of these and chasing it with a bottle of water. Its really soft and tender so I like having water with it...kind of like a brownie but not as soft. I like freezing them and then warming them up in the microwave for like 15 seconds just to warm up the outside while the middle stays chilled.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How does everyone love the Sustain bars so much? There's almost as much sugar (16g) as there is protein (20g).
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Originally Posted by jfla32033 View Post
    I guess VPX Zero Impact Bars are in a class of their own and were above this experiment???

haha...just messing with you...but if you want a bar that will fill you up then VPX is where its at. I am honestly full (not wanting another bite of food) after eating one of these and chasing it with a bottle of water. Its really soft and tender so I like having water with it...kind of like a brownie but not as soft. I like freezing them and then warming them up in the microwave for like 15 seconds just to warm up the outside while the middle stays chilled.

Just one? I could eat a second, maybe a third of their Pumpkin flavor. I dig those!
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Just one? I could eat a second, maybe a third of their Pumpkin flavor. I dig those!
    Oh I'm sure I could...but what I mean is that I'm not hungry anymore after eating one slowly and letting it digest. Some bars I've tried leave me hungry still and I have to eat something else.

But if I didn't have any self control I could easily go through 4 or 5...just like going through 4 or 5 pieces of pumpkin pie or something (anyone can do it, but most of us just know better).

Good to hear someone else is into the VPX ZI bars.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Oh I'm sure I could...but what I mean is that I'm not hungry anymore after eating one slowly and letting it digest. Some bars I've tried leave me hungry still and I have to eat something else.

But if I didn't have any self control I could easily go through 4 or 5...just like going through 4 or 5 pieces of pumpkin pie or something (anyone can do it, but most of us just know better).

Good to hear someone else is into the VPX ZI bars.
    I hear ya. I'm not much for their old Peanut Butter one, but I think I saw an ad for a new type in the latest Muscle & Fitness!
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

I hear ya. I'm not much for their old Peanut Butter one, but I think I saw an ad for a new type in the latest Muscle & Fitness!
    I like the choc pb just as much but the pumpkin is definitely sweeter and actually does taste like pumpkin pie.

What's the new flav called?
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

I like the choc pb just as much but the pumpkin is definitely sweeter and actually does taste like pumpkin pie.

What's the new flav called?
    It's their "NEW" "Peanut Butter Brownie"
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

It's their "NEW" "Peanut Butter Brownie"
    Oh ****, that'll be amazing. I checked the VPX website and they didn't say anything about it though.

I'm going to Switzerland for 4 months starting in August so I hope they come out before then so I can grab a box.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

jonofraser13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonofraser13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonofraser13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonofraser13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonofraser13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonofraser13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonofraser13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonofraser13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonofraser13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You guys need to taste to aussie HPLC bars. 49g of protien, 14.9g of mono and poly fats and 19g of carbs (8g sugar). Awesome, tasty (cept caramel rough which tastes like dry rice bubbles covered in ass) and good MRP

How does everyone love the Sustain bars so much? There's almost as much sugar (16g) as there is protein (20g).
    True, but I had mine around 7:30am so I'm not too concerned about the sugar, I keep that in check so it coincides with my diet. The Vanilla Almond did taste pretty good!!!
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

True, but I had mine around 7:30am so I'm not too concerned about the sugar, I keep that in check so it coincides with my diet. The Vanilla Almond did taste pretty good!!!
    Did you eat anything else with it? For me, 20g protein isn't enough for a meal replacement. I'd need at least a big glass of milk with it or something to get more protein.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Originally Posted by jonofraser13 View Post
    You guys need to taste to aussie HPLC bars. 49g of protien, 14.9g of mono and poly fats and 19g of carbs (8g sugar). Awesome, tasty (cept caramel rough which tastes like dry rice bubbles covered in ass) and good MRP
    Thanks...I'll look those up. Thats less carbs than 2 pcs of bread!
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Did you eat anything else with it? For me, 20g protein isn't enough for a meal replacement. I'd need at least a big glass of milk with it or something to get more protein.
    I eat 8-10 meals a day. I space most of my meals every 2 hours and I'm trying to get all my carbs in by 11am or noon... The numbers game can be a pain but it helped out when I was dieting for my first bodybuilding competition.
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by jonofraser13 View Post
    Ooh OK. I see how they get so little carbs....they don't count fiber or in the choc crunch bars....but these nutrition facts seem a little suspicious...check out the Chocolate flavor's nutrition facts:

Nutritional Information (Chocolate)
    Contents Per 100g Serve
    Energy - 1620kJ (380Cal)
    Protein - 45.1g
    Fat - 14.2g
    -Saturated - 5.4g
    Carbohydrate
    -Total - 6.3g
    -Sugars - 5.8g
    Calcium - 180g
    Glycerine - 11.4g
    Sodium - 70mg

for the calories: 14.2g fat x 9 cals/g = 127.8, 6.3g carb x 4 cals/g = 25.2, 45.1g protein x 4 cals/g = 180.4

127.8 + 25.2 + 180.4 = 333.4....not 380....can anyone figure this discrepancy out? There's no fiber listed for this bar.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

I eat 8-10 meals a day. I space most of my meals every 2 hours and I'm trying to get all my carbs in by 11am or noon... The numbers game can be a pain but it helped out when I was dieting for my first bodybuilding competition.
    Oh alright I see...welll the 20g protein is probably good for a meal replacement then because 20g x 10 meals/day is 200g protein and I'm sure you get more than 20g in other meals. I need more per meal cuz I only get 6 meals daily, sometimes 7 if I'm lucky.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Oh alright I see...welll the 20g protein is probably good for a meal replacement then because 20g x 10 meals/day is 200g protein and I'm sure you get more than 20g in other meals. I need more per meal cuz I only get 6 meals daily, sometimes 7 if I'm lucky.
    I'm about 350-400 grams of protein since my carbs are on the lighter side (staying lean for summer). I have some of those Syntrax Protein Grab-N-Go packets, very handy for work or if I'm out and about...
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trackrunner2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Met-RX protein plus bars. Could eat 5 a day

Originally Posted by trackrunner2 View Post
    Met-RX protein plus bars. Could eat 5 a day
    Which flavor? My favorite of those is Mud Pie Fusion.
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i just tried mud pie fusion, it was pretty good

my favorite still has to be caramel roasted peanut...but frozen, this way everything is kind of hard and takes a little while to eat, while the caramel is still soft and gooey

Page 56 of 165 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast