Page 513 of 580 FirstFirst ... 13 413 463 503 511 512 513 514 515 523 563 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,390 of 17388
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Greco-Roman View Post
    When I roll out my IT band, I feel a weird (slightly painful?) sensation in my knee. Like, a release of tension. Normal?
    totally normal

that is your it band pulling on your patellar tendon. it means you have a super tight it band, and it is pulling your patellar tendon. If you even have knee pain or tracking issues, that is probably why. keep doing it for a week and it should go away

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Reidy View Post
    First meet in the books. Went 82/125 for a 207 total, 5 kg PR on CJ. Missed 90 kg on my third snatch attempt, 5/6 overall. Pretty happy.
    congrats brah, and on the 125 cnj too

Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Robination View Post
    congrats brah, and on the 125 cnj too
    Thanks bro!

Meet learnings:

- It's really, really hard to switch from power snatching to full snatching mid-competition. I wanted to post a total so I power snatched my first two attempts (75/82), and when I took 90 I just didn't have the speed under the bar. Oh well.

- Likewise, the long layoff between snatch/clean and jerk is tough. I got real tight after snatches, and it took me a while to loosen up for clean and jerks.

- Tearing a callus a week before training is bad enough, but re-tearing it during clean and jerk warmups is even worse. Had to tape my hand which really affects my cleans, almost had to dump 125 because I couldn't get the right grip on the bar in the catch.

- CrossFitters gonna CrossFit no matter where they are. Every single dude who was part of a CF club couldn't wait to pull their singlet top down to show their bare chest, regardless of body composition. I will never understand that.

WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks bro!

Meet learnings:

- It's really, really hard to switch from power snatching to full snatching mid-competition. I wanted to post a total so I power snatched my first two attempts (75/82), and when I took 90 I just didn't have the speed under the bar. Oh well.

- Likewise, the long layoff between snatch/clean and jerk is tough. I got real tight after snatches, and it took me a while to loosen up for clean and jerks.

- Tearing a callus a week before training is bad enough, but re-tearing it during clean and jerk warmups is even worse. Had to tape my hand which really affects my cleans, almost had to dump 125 because I couldn't get the right grip on the bar in the catch.

- CrossFitters gonna CrossFit no matter where they are. Every single dude who was part of a CF club couldn't wait to pull their singlet top down to show their bare chest, regardless of body composition. I will never understand that.
    congrats bro, now time to bring up that snatch to match your c+j.

Did you eat a snickers between snatch and clean + jerk? That should be a requirement.
    Bryan

Captain of the Comeback Train

Comeback Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159651791

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/STRONGMANbarry/videos

Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WHT_LIGHTNING View Post

Did you eat a snickers between snatch and clean + jerk? That should be a requirement.
    Haha no but they had some free pizza and Oreos so I grabbed a couple of those, helped me some. Next time though I need to make sure I bring more food.

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

lmao

snickers? unaware why snickers specifically or just random snack for energy boost

ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha no but they had some free pizza and Oreos so I grabbed a couple of those, helped me some. Next time though I need to make sure I bring more food.
    lol i went and got five guys

WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Robination View Post
    lmao

snickers? unaware why snickers specifically or just random snack for energy boost
    I guess you could bring a milky way or a baby ruth if you are some kind of *******

kidding, just around here (well the guys I trained with) it was all about the Snickers, lol. I am sure a lot of the Crossfit and Paleo douches (kidding, love paleo, sorta, well not really, they take a good principle and go way overboard, OMG I better not eat some ****ing rice, grains are the devil!!!!!!!! soapbox rant done) bring ****ing almonds or some ****, but **** that. Have a candybar and go kill it.

Although what ft posted would suffice too. Not sure if that is feasible for every meet though, lol
    Bryan

Captain of the Comeback Train

Comeback Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159651791

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/STRONGMANbarry/videos

I guess you could bring a milky way or a baby ruth if you are some kind of *******

kidding, just around here (well the guys I trained with) it was all about the Snickers, lol. I am sure a lot of the Crossfit and Paleo douches (kidding, love paleo, sorta, well not really, they take a good principle and go way overboard, OMG I better not eat some ****ing rice, grains are the devil!!!!!!!! soapbox rant done) bring ****ing almonds or some ****, but **** that. Have a candybar and go kill it.

Although what ft posted would suffice too. Not sure if that is feasible for every meet though, lol
    i would have gotten arbys fries as well, but i didnt have time

#fatwrestler

i actually used to eat a snickers post workout everyday after muay thai and BJJ. that was back in the day tho

strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strengthsthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    omg. keeping the bar extremely close + arching your lower back enough = no back rounding in catching position. Why haven't I always done this

Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000)
    First meet in the books. Went 82/125 for a 207 total, 5 kg PR on CJ. Missed 90 kg on my third snatch attempt, 5/6 overall. Pretty happy.
    Congrats!!

Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    totally normal

that is your it band pulling on your patellar tendon. it means you have a super tight it band, and it is pulling your patellar tendon. If you even have knee pain or tracking issues, that is probably why. keep doing it for a week and it should go away
    I don't have knee pain, or any tracking issues, but it seems very important that I do roll it out then, so I never start to get those issues. Thanks!

BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by schabowy90 View Post
    Glenn said he's taking emails and **** to consider people. They mentioned it on the podcasts.
    When MDUSA first started i sent an email inquiring about it, glenn responded back and asked for my phone number, this was when i was sr in college and just hit my 490/303/551 meet raw. I never followed up with it. Considered trying to pursue it but being a full time lifter would hurt me in the future when i plan to be a ceo/10k a day.

brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000)
    never got knee issues from squatting or anything, but from running and a lot of plyometrics. plyos and being 250+ shouldn't be done. have tendinitis in my left knee now and my right knee cracks a lot.
    6'0 249 @ 18 years old in AVI
    Goals @ 225 or Less
    365 Incline BP, 500 Paused Squat, 400lb C&J,300Lb Snatch

Starting this Russian squat program today. Should be fun. 200 kg or bust.

http://www.catalystathletics.com/wor...php?cycleID=33

Originally Posted by brahskimoseph View Post
    never got knee issues from squatting or anything, but from running and a lot of plyometrics. plyos and being 250+ shouldn't be done. have tendinitis in my left knee now and my right knee cracks a lot.
    i dont think that plyometrics dont mix well, you just need to be selective

brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i dont think that plyometrics dont mix well, you just need to be selective
    can't really be selective in d1 sports brah. coach says, you do. otherwise i wouldn't be able to afford going to college lol
    6'0 249 @ 18 years old in AVI
    Goals @ 225 or Less
    365 Incline BP, 500 Paused Squat, 400lb C&J,300Lb Snatch

Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000)
    205 lb snatch! so excited 100kg here I come
    PR's
    Snatch - 232
    C&J - 275
    Bench - 275x1
    Squat - 415x1
    DL - 425x1
    OHP - 180x1
    FS- 325x1

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Not bad considering he didn't even move his ****ing feet.

Originally Posted by brahskimoseph View Post
    can't really be selective in d1 sports brah. coach says, you do. otherwise i wouldn't be able to afford going to college lol
    fair point, but mine still stands.But that is a tricky situation lol

Squatted 143 for 6 doubles tonight, first day of the Russian squat program. Felt weird doing squats that didn't follow snatches/clean and jerks, but in a good way. I'm excited for this cycle and to see the effects it has on my lifts.

Edit: also lol @ the 6x6 @ 80% day. I will die.

Squatted 143 for 6 doubles tonight, first day of the Russian squat program. Felt weird doing squats that didn't follow snatches/clean and jerks, but in a good way. I'm excited for this cycle and to see the effects it has on my lifts.

Edit: also lol @ the 6x6 @ 80% day. I will die.
    not as bad as you think it will be

not as bad as you think it will be
    I hope you're right.

I hope you're right.
    me too lol

now that i look at the 290 squat vid in my log (shamless plug), it looked easy. 290 has never been "easy"

ilya is now a vegetarian............so....................yeah

dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ilya is now a vegetarian............so....................yeah
    why ilya why
    Get This Shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000)

Is that cause your not you when your hungry?
    Snatch- 93
    C&J- 113
    Before injury

BS- 5x145
    FS- 3x125

@~72

i have an internship interview for one of the better cardiac rehab facilities in the country. highly competitive internship. Im going in there with the braid and the beard, full Leonidas

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    gym PR for Mack

waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000) waystid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    gym PR for Mack

nice lift! really mirin the gym too
    Dissolve my creatine into scalding hot water then chug it right away crew
    275lb power clean
    415lb squat
    505lb dead
    205lb OHP, lock kneed

Thanks brah. Hopefully adding a bunch more stuff with this MDUSA sale going on right now.

Page 513 of 580 FirstFirst ... 13 413 463 503 511 512 513 514 515 523 563 ... LastLast