Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MrAWatts View Post
    Srs.

See way too many people who make a Linkedin page just for the sake of having it, but it is almost worse than if they didn't have one at all since it gives the impression of them not really caring.

Take the time to sit down and flush it out. List all your positions and find the way to translate your experiences from those positions in the most generous way possible. Don't lie, that is not wise, but do be creative in how you present your experience.

Be specific. Get into the granular aspects of your job and provide bullet points of your responsibilities.

If you have a strong Linkedin profile you WILL get attention from recruiters. I get pitches from recruiters on a regular basis. Sometimes even if you are actively applying, rather than being recruited, they will still consult your Linkedin during the decision making process. A lot of HR platforms have Linkedin capabilities built right in for this purpose.

In addition to fleshing out your roles you need a personal bio (professional), a clean pic, and then you need to be slightly active. I don't mean you have to post and share articles, but join some groups in your industry and that will help get recruiter attention as well.

Plenty of accomplished miscers on here that would be more than happy to provide tips and pointers for any career oriented brahs looking to improve on this sort of thing.

SRS
    Yeah, one strategy I use too is DM-ing recruiters of the company I'm interested in and letting them know that I just applied to a job on their website. Most recruiters won't respond, but if/when they do, it can mean that they take the time to look for your application in the software

taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taperedtam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by taperedtam View Post
    Yeah, one strategy I use too is DM-ing recruiters of the company I'm interested in and letting them know that I just applied to a job on their website. Most recruiters won't respond, but if/when they do, it can mean that they take the time to look for your application in the software
    oh, and another tip to add is that, it's a good idea to use the subject/preview line of the Linkedin DM as a small advertisement. By that I mean, don't just put your name or "interested in a position at your company". Advertise your skillset and experience instead. So you can say something like "SWE with 6 YOE Interested in Applying" (This translates to "software engineer with 6 years-of-experience interested in applying")