Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    have you watched lesnar's shots? It's not as simple as just sprawling. Dude's shot is crazy.

It's like saying "well all dan hardy had to do was learn to sprawl"

don't you think these guys know going into the fight that they need to work on TDD? you act like this is some big secret. Against an elite wrestler it is WAY easier said than done
    Hey man, I'm Dutch so I have faith in my homie

Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    He got exposed by a guy that's ranked number 2 in the world and was considered unbeatable by most, but Brock still beat him in the end..
    if carwin would have let him up just one time, the fight wouldnt have made it past the 3 minute mark. lesnar is a very lucky man right now because of shane's body cramping up.
    "I would fight anyone of the UFC LW's, but the problem is that I will never put my foot in the octagon after they (UFC) tried to be funny, I would rather have bleeding hemorrhoids than fight for the UFC. I would rather have one true Japanese MMA supporter than one million fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight. - Joachim Hansen

“I would feel like a coward, like I’m running away,” - Mirko Crocop on moving to the 205lb LHW division

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Gomi View Post
    if carwin would have let him up just one time, the fight wouldnt have made it past the 3 minute mark. lesnar is a very lucky man right now because of shane's body cramping up.
    Don't worry though, this time next year they will be fighting again. I think Cain could pose some problems for Lesnar, but its clear that Lesnar can take a shot and since Cain lacks true KO power like Carwin, and JDS lacks wrestling, Carwin is the only one who can beat Lesnar. Cain's only real hope to win is by outwrestling Lesnar for 5 rounds, but if Lesnar puts him on his back even once, than its over.
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000) Trepkos01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The fight was the same as the first Lesnar v. Mir fight. Except Lesnar was dominated for the entire fight up until the finish and which he won by a nice submission. Carwin clearly looked as the better fighter on all levels but his cardio. Even the second round's takedown was evidence of this as Carwin simply fell with the takedown rather than counter it as he did in the first round's attempt or show any resistance. If Carwin had the cardio to contend, Lesnar would have been completely outclassed. But he didn't and his weakest link led to his downfall.
    I train myself physically, mentally, and spiritually; so that when life pushes with the hand of fate placed against my chest, I can push back ten times harder.

97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Clean View Post
    Don't worry though, this time next year they will be fighting again. I think Cain could pose some problems for Lesnar, but its clear that Lesnar can take a shot and since Cain lacks true KO power like Carwin, and JDS lacks wrestling, Carwin is the only one who can beat Lesnar. Cain's only real hope to win is by outwrestling Lesnar for 5 rounds, but if Lesnar puts him on his back even once, than its over.
    I don't they'll fight again within the year. I'd bet the Cain fight will be November/December, and JDS/Nelson will be 6 months after that.

I know he's promised the fight to Cain already, but man after Carwin's showing I'd almost want to give him another crack sooner then later

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    it would take brock approximately 2 seconds to put overeem on his back
    1 i disagree
    2 dems fightin' wyrds

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    1 i disagree
    2 dems fightin' wyrds
    I really don't see what there is to disagree with in that statement brah.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    I really don't see what there is to disagree with in that statement brah.
    i think brock would need to get past some punches...

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And kicks, and knees...
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    And kicks, and knees...
    Like the ones Shane threw last night? You know... the guy who is thirty pounds bigger than Cain with as good (if not better) wrestling? And arguably as good (or better) hands. :/

97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    And kicks, and knees...
    I don't believe he can stop the takedown

Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
    I don't recall you saying that about the 1st Mir/lesnar fight. So you're saying Mir decidedly won the 1st fight on skill, and all that matters is he got "the W" now?!?!?

Hypocrite much???

1st round: Carwin DOMINATED and CONTROLLED lesnar. He ragdolled him and beat his *ss to a bloody pulp, literally! He straight up beat the brakes off lesnar's shocked and surprised *ss. Lesnar didn't even know what hit him and didn't even know what to do, all he could do was turtle up in the fetal position in the corner. Pathetic. At one point Lesnar stopped fighting completely because he couldn't do anything. Worthless as tits on a bull.

2nd round: Lesnar got a lucky sub. Remember that, lesnar fans? From mir/lesnar 1? Say it isn't so this time around!
    LOL, it’s great watching all the butt-hurt Brock haters trying to find excuses to discredit Brock’s victory in a feeble attempt to try to make themselves feel a little less upset. Makes it all the sweeter that Brock has solidified his status as the number 1 heavyweight on the planet, in the same week that Fedor taps to a fighter like Werdum. LOL this is such a great time in MMA. Keep up the tears ladies.

Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Lord_Lemon View Post
    lol that is so idiotic

Brock got tagged hard and was rocked. Only thing he could do is try to regain his composure while defending.

Let's see Carwin punch you and then you can move your head and jab. LoL dumbass
    ok you guys have really pushed the ****ing boat out, i love brock and was ****in ecstatic when he won, but you can clearly tell none of you fight. when brock was turtling he was putting his head down and he pretty much had his eyes closed he was suscteptible to uppercuts, and he couldnt see where the punches were coming at one point his hands were over his eyes, THAT IS WHY it wasnt it a good idea, sure he can move away cover up, but turningyour back is like wearing a blindfold, as is putting your head down.

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 97srad750 View Post
    I don't they'll fight again within the year. I'd bet the Cain fight will be November/December, and JDS/Nelson will be 6 months after that.

I know he's promised the fight to Cain already, but man after Carwin's showing I'd almost want to give him another crack sooner then later
    Hence why I said "next year." Depending on when the Lesnar/Cain fight is, the rematch could actually be as early as Q1 or 2 next year. If Lesnar beats Cain and JDS loses to Nelson, I'm almost sure Carwin will get Nelson, beat him, and then get Lesnar. If Lesnar loses to Cain though and JDS wins, that fight will likely happen and then we would also get a Lesnar/Carwin rematch. I'm pretty sure Carwin isn't going to be fighting Nog next since he seems to want Mir again or Cro Cop.

They are pretty much in the same situation as after the Lesnar/Mir fight. The rematch was bound to happen because Lesnar was technically winning until Mazzagatti stepped in and Mir pulled out that random submission. As with Carwin/Lesnar, Carwin was dominating until he cramped up and gassed and then you also have the guys who think Lesnar didn't intelligently protect himself long enough (I think the call was just, even though I am a Carwin fan).

RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    LOL, it’s great watching all the butt-hurt Brock haters trying to find excuses to discredit Brock’s victory in a feeble attempt to try to make themselves feel a little less upset. Makes it all the sweeter that Brock has solidified his status as the number 1 heavyweight on the planet, in the same week that Fedor taps to a fighter like Werdum. LOL this is such a great time in MMA. Keep up the tears ladies.
    best hw in the world? trolling surely. He got pounded on the entire first round. He looked pathetic. Carwins cardio lost him the fight. Ha. Your facade is transparent.

Originally Posted by RiK View Post
    best hw in the world? trolling surely. He got pounded on the entire first round. He looked pathetic. Carwins cardio lost him the fight. Ha. Your facade is transparent.
    I don't think he's the best HW in the world, but so what he got pounded in the 1st round. Nog used to do it all the time, and still does. Yet he would overcome. Nobody said two words about that affecting his ranking in the division. The W is what matters

I don't think he's the best HW in the world, but so what he got pounded in the 1st round. Nog used to do it all the time, and still does. Yet he would overcome. Nobody said two words about that affecting his ranking in the division. The W is what matters
    RiK is right though. Nog came back against opponents who were still relatively fresh and continuing the assault. Carwin practically gave up in the second and didn't even try to stuff the takedown. Definately props for surviving the first round, but there wasn't much to overcome in the second.

RiK is right though. Nog came back against opponents who were still relatively fresh and continuing the assault. Carwin practically gave up in the second and didn't even try to stuff the takedown. Definately props for surviving the first round, but there wasn't much to overcome in the second.
    So Bob Sapp or Heath were fresh

If Carwin gave up then that says more about him then it does Lesnar.

So Bob Sapp or Heath were fresh

If Carwin gave up then that says more about him then it does Lesnar.
    He cramped up and gassed out from trying to finish Lesnar. Doesn't really say much about him besides the fact that he overcommitted.

He cramped up and gassed out from trying to finish Lesnar. Doesn't really say much about him besides the fact that he overcommitted.
    If I'm using this fight as my example then it tell me he won't be champ if he can't make it to the championship rounds. We saw what we already knew. He's hell on wheels for 2:30 minutes.

He'll be back but the big question we had about him we had was the gastank. And since we've got one fight to use an example it's not good.

I thought this fight would answer some questions about both fighters, but it didn't come close to doing it. I might be being to critical.
    Last edited by 97srad750; 07-04-2010 at 07:15 PM.

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like the ones Shane threw last night? You know... the guy who is thirty pounds bigger than Cain with as good (if not better) wrestling? And arguably as good (or better) hands. :/
    We're talking about Overeem brah.
    www.WLForums.com

Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Priapus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RiK View Post
    Yeah I know, Carwin threw absolutely everything he possibly could at Brock, and Brock just took it all with a smile and forced Carwin to give up 'coz he couldn't take any more punishment from Brock. lol no wonder you're mad, and red.

We're talking about Overeem brah.
    Damn, I did get off track there somehow...

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    Yeah I know, Carwin threw absolutely everything he possibly could at Brock, and Brock just took it all with a smile and forced Carwin to give up 'coz he couldn't take any more punishment from Brock. lol no wonder you're mad, and red.
    Brock never gave him any punishment.
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

Damn, I did get off track there somehow...
    I lol'd

Yeah I don't think Cain has anything for Brock...but there have been bigger upsets, and this is why they fight. You never know. If it was all said and done on paper, there would be no reason to watch the fight in the first place.

I would love to see Overeem in the UFC, he poses a good threat to a lot of top guys and could be a legit contender.
    www.WLForums.com

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I would love to see Overeem in the UFC, he poses a good threat to a lot of top guys and could be a legit contender.
    If he wasn't on the sauce he would be in UFC right now.
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lord_Lemon View Post
    I think Shane Carwin got more exposed.
    Brock got exposed.

Originally Posted by blurrr View Post
    Brock got exposed.
    Exposed to a new interim belt he gets to put beside his two other belts

If only he showed that legendary Arlovski toughness

Originally Posted by Big Slim DaDDy View Post
    Brock never gave him any punishment.
    So Carwin just tapped for fun perhaps, or maybe out of the goodness of his heart? He does seem like a nice guy after all.