Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sideways17 View Post
    Well guys/girls Im going to Mexico til Monday so Ill be away for awhile! It'll be tough to stick with keto but im gonna try like hell! Talk to ya'll later!! I weighed in at 202 Sunday, so I won the bet!!! Woohoo! Thanks for your help and support!
    FYI - most places start serving alcohol at 10:00 a.m.

Just saying...........
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK, just read all 5 pgs of this thread LOL. I am going to read a little more about KETO and figure out a meal plan and how much of everything I need and get on it I guess this Sunday? Is that when everyone starts? hey Rubber & Silent, I posted a thread under "keto" can U guys check it out and see if you can help anyway? also, to make ya'll feel better, Its beautiful and 80 here in Houston, TX so I have been enjoying my CBR 1000 for you guys LOL

dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey, awesome progress i been following this also and i must say awesome job man!! I have also just started this diet and today was my first day, i was wondering if you noticed and muscles gains/strength gains on this diet ?

Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey everyone, Im back! Thanks for reading my log and the kind words!

I had a great time! I mostly ate keto but....I drank some alcohol! Woohoooo! How could I not!? All inclusive at a resort! Hells yeah! My favorite drink was the miami vice! Yum!

I weighed in this am at 207. Not as bad as I thought Id be. With all those sugary drinks I thought id be around 210ish. I worked out at the resort, it was a cool gym! It was a circle room with windows for walls that overlooked the pool and landscaping. it was pretty badass...

Anyways, my strength has stayed the same. which Im fine with. when I get down to my goal weight, about 180-185lbs, Ill start introducing carbs pre and post workout. But for now Im going back to my strict diet and training split!
    ''The greatest wealth, is health.''

''Sacrifice what you are, for what you can become.''

My XBox live gamertag is ''Sideways717''

Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So, Im back in the swing of things. Diet is back on and Im back to my normal split. I switched up the days of my training, Back/Biceps/Abs are on monday, Chest/Triceps on Tuesday, Thursday is Leg/Ab day and Friday is Shoulders and Traps. Im gonna try to hit 185 by my birthday (July 17th). Im gonna keep the diet strict, I log everything I eat in a notebook, and gonna keep my training consistant like I have been, I log every set, rep and minute of cardio.

Rubber, Im selling the GSXR....Insurance is rising! My monthly payment is $165 a month and its starting to hurt the pocket. Im gonna get either a Ducati Monster 1100 or a Harley Night Rod. The Night Rod would be $44 a month. Signifigant difference!

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I log everything I eat in a notebook, and gonna keep my training consistant like I have been, I log every set, rep and minute of cardio.
    !
    Have you tried fitday.com its free and I can update my log via my iphone.

atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50) atomikapplez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Question regarding fiber... Is there a certain number to shoot for or you guys just try to get at least on salad in a day? I need to get more green leafy veges in, for sure!
    I aim for 20g fibre a day but I'm pretty sure I get way more than that because I go through crazy amounts of broccoli and english spinach. I buy the frozen chopped spinach packs for when I don't have time to prepare or haven't had time to buy fresh vegies and I'm on the go. I keep them at work and at home in the freezer coz all I have to do is pop it in the microwave for a minute or two. On top of that I use psyllium husk in a lot of my cook and my pancakes alone are usually already minimum 10-15g pure fibre because of the husk.

Question regarding cheese...I've read if you stay away from the cheese, results will accelerate. I eat 1/3c of cheese on my eggs every morning, usually 1oz of cheese with my first meal and 1/3c cheese on my salads.
    I love my cheese... my staples are goats cheese and mature age cheddar. These have a good fat/protein ratio and are good quality so you don't have to have too much for it to be satisfying

If you're having cheese, try to get them in full and not the pre-shredded where they add preservatives and anti-caking agents etc.. and try to stick to low sodium varieties. As long as you're eating it in moderation and it complements your meals as opposed to being one of the main parts of your meal it's all fine.
    Last edited by atomikapplez; 04-29-2009 at 06:35 PM.
    One day at a time....

seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    Have you tried fitday.com its free and I can update my log via my iphone.
    can u tell me where i can find the iPhone app? whats its called? I would LOVE to have this

Originally Posted by atomikapplez View Post
    I aim for 20g fibre a day but I'm pretty sure I get way more than that because I go through crazy amounts of broccoli and english spinach. I buy the frozen chopped spinach packs for when I don't have time to prepare or haven't had time to buy fresh vegies and I'm on the go. I keep them at work and at home in the freezer coz all I have to do is pop it in the microwave for a minute or two. On top of that I use psyllium husk in a lot of my cook and my pancakes alone are usually already minimum 10-15g pure fibre because of the husk.

I love my cheese... my staples are goats cheese and mature age cheddar. These have a good fat/protein ratio and are good quality so you don't have to have too much for it to be satisfying

If you're having cheese, try to get them in full and not the pre-shredded where they add preservatives and anti-caking agents etc.. and try to stick to low sodium varieties. As long as you're eating it in moderation and it complements your meals as opposed to being one of the main parts of your meal it's all fine.
    Cool man, thanks! I usually buy the blocks of cheese and cut my own cheese sticks. I typically have a salad or two everyday with spinach and lettuce with full fat Ranch! Yum!

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by seanward View Post
    can u tell me where i can find the iPhone app? whats its called? I would LOVE to have this
    oh, sorry there is no app. I just realized how I worded that. I just used the browser.

Cutting till April '09 RubberGuard's Avatar
    RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rubber, Im selling the GSXR....Insurance is rising! My monthly payment is $165 a month and its starting to hurt the pocket. Im gonna get either a Ducati Monster 1100 or a Harley Night Rod. The Night Rod would be $44 a month. Signifigant difference!
    Dude, how can you give up the GSXR for a Night Rod?!?! Get the Ducati at least!!
    Train hard and heavy, nail your diet, get plenty of rest.

Dude, I know, the insurance is starting to really pick at the checkbook. I looked at a Ducati HyperMotard and a Monster 1100S. The insurance is $88 a month, the night rod is $44 a month and would be comfortable for my wife. The economy is **** over here right now and I was just trying to save a little. I love the GSXR but damn its the $165 a month just for insurance is not cool! Kinda sucks....anyway, diet info.

I had a carb meal tonight. 2 slices of cheese pizza. I have been strict since I got back from mexico last Sunday. Im getting back to my 50/45/5 split tomorrow. I was down to 203 again Wedn, that's where I was before I left for Mexico. My next race is in 3 weeks so Im shooting for between 190-195. Sorry for the long delay in posts...Its been a rough couple weeks at work. Thanks guys!

I have a question. Im loving keto and it has helped me drop a lot of weight in a short time but I am starting to compete in time trials on my bicycle and need some carbs. I build up lactic acid in my legs really quick on this diet while cycling it seems!? If I took in carbs pre and post workout would it stop weight loss? Cycling and racing motorcycles are both demanding sports that I can't race and keep a slow pace at to avoid my body using muscles as glycogen. Isn't that what a TKD diet is 15g carbs before and 30 after or something? Thanks!
    Last edited by Sideways17; 05-10-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Still wondering about the carbs pre and post workout I posted earlier but I have something I thought you people would find interesting.

There have been many people I work with comment me and ask ''How did you do it!?!'' Im the kind of person who will try to help anyone if I can so I have been setting up peoples macros and calories for them and introducing them to keto! But ALL of the people I have helped by setting the diets and explaining how and what to eat are still eating the donuts at work, drinking regular soda and eating nasty food. Its irratating because I spent quite a bit of time with each of these people only to have it wasted. I want to see someone else enjoy the success I found from Keto!

It just goes to show that you have to WANT to change and some trigger inside you has to flip. So I've been thinking about my ''trigger'' and I actually have a few:

1) Fatherhood- I don't want to be a fat dad that can't keep up with my kids and set a terrible example for them. I want to enjoy a healthy active lifestyle with my family. When I was a kid I was taught to clean off my plate before I left the table. I think that damaged my way of looking at serving sizes and started me in the wrong direction. Im learning serving sizes as well as proper nutrition.

2) Performance- I like cycling, motorcyle racing, and being able to perform well in other areas of my life. Last year racing I noticed a small weight change effected weight transfer, speed and handling on the bike. I've lost 35 lbs since then so I can't wait to see the difference!

3)Looking and Feeling better- When I lost the weight I felt better about myself and regained some self esteem. I wanted to look better for my wife and inspire people to be healthy!

So for the people reading this that may be saying, its hard to measure food, count calories and eat clean, to you I say, the work is worth the reward. You'll get what you put in. Try it, what have you got to lose? Except for weight? Challenge yourself and see what happens...

Thanks for reading, sorry I rambled on!

yeah, I get similar responses when i would talk about keto or when they try only to see them chowing down on a crap load of bad carbs. Then it was the pessimist who would say, "lets see the results" and now when they see me at work its, "wow, how much do you bench" because they see my definition and the weight loss in the short amount of time. Even though I went from 220 to 205 its noticeable to many people. One guy is now trying to go to the gym every day and do at least cardio but nobody is sold yet. I think they need to see me at my goal of 165.

Ahh the skeptics! Gotta love em! I had a lot of people saying, Ill believe it when I see it! Well here I am, and no they ask for advice! Lol! 165 huh!? Holy crap! I don't know if I could get that low! Im shooting for 180-185ish. Welp, glad to know other people understand my views!

Thanks

Monday morning weight in......201lbs!!! Woohooo!! This is the week I get into the ONE hundreds!!! Yes sir!!

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That'll be awesome when you break that 200 pound mark! Nice job OP!

There are ALWAYS people who will ask how you're making such good gains, will ask you for help, and then they won't change at all. It's not just with the keto diet - it's with eating healthy and working out in general. People always want an "easy" answer - it's rare to meet someone who is actually willing to work to reach their goals. Nice job helping them out - even if it ends up not being worth the effort.

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

I have a question. Im loving keto and it has helped me drop a lot of weight in a short time but I am starting to compete in time trials on my bicycle and need some carbs. I build up lactic acid in my legs really quick on this diet while cycling it seems!? If I took in carbs pre and post workout would it stop weight loss? Cycling and racing motorcycles are both demanding sports that I can't race and keep a slow pace at to avoid my body using muscles as glycogen. Isn't that what a TKD diet is 15g carbs before and 30 after or something? Thanks!
    I think a lot of people who do intense cardio do take in pre and post carbs. If it was me, I think I'd take in some pre carbs, but then skip the post carbs and see how my body reacts for a week or two (although I may take in a protein shake post time trials). I would think the precarbs may kick you out of keto, but you'd use them up during the time trials and end up right back in ketosis. Let us know what you decide and how it works!

Thanks! I just wanted to see these people succeed. I gave them the tools but I can make them use them. Oh well, I tried!

I have to make a confession....I am addicted to caffiene! I am making it a point to buy bottles of diet wild cherry pepsi at gas stations and am craving them all the time!! It has been really bad this past week!? I think its the sweetness of it that curves my carb appetite. My diet is strict but these delicious delights are becoming increasingly frequent! It hasn't hurt my weight loss but Im feeling guilty!

I have to make a confession....I am addicted to caffiene! I am making it a point to buy bottles of diet wild cherry pepsi at gas stations and am craving them all the time!! It has been really bad this past week!? I think its the sweetness of it that curves my carb appetite. My diet is strict but these delicious delights are becoming increasingly frequent! It hasn't hurt my weight loss but Im feeling guilty!
    I second that. I'm on the Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper kick.

I want to try the new "Throwback" pepsi and "Throwback" mountain dew that is out which is using real sugar in it but I'll do that on a carbup. I hate fructose syrup soda.

Is it just me or has the traffic on the forums slowed down?

Is it just me or has the traffic on the forums slowed down?
    its slowed down here. anniesbay and now thesilent1. They were the most active. They need to come back.

I've been doing some reading about carb ups. Im gonna do a 36hr carb up starting tonight! Can't wait! I've been craving some sweetness and bread as well as sissyfied workouts! Hopefully this will shock my body and add a much needed boost! Can't wait for some bread and pasta tonight after my workout!! Woot!!

I've been doing some reading about carb ups. Im gonna do a 36hr carb up starting tonight! Can't wait! I've been craving some sweetness and bread as well as sissyfied workouts! Hopefully this will shock my body and add a much needed boost! Can't wait for some bread and pasta tonight after my workout!! Woot!!
    I start my carb-up tomorrow night. I'm really used to eating keto during the week now. I don't mind going without carbs too much, because the weekends are definitely worth it!

Im hoping the bigger carbup will help my metabolism. I've been weak and tired lately.

Have you been doing the carb ups every week? I've only done 12 hour carb ups since starting Keto. Shopuld be interesting. Im interested to see how I look after this long carb up!

Im hoping the bigger carbup will help my metabolism. I've been weak and tired lately.

Have you been doing the carb ups every week? I've only done 12 hour carb ups since starting Keto. Shopuld be interesting. Im interested to see how I look after this long carb up!
    My first two weeks I did not do a carb-up. Ever since then I've carbed up on weekends - I start Saturday night for dinner, and carb-up all day Sunday. I may reduce my carb-up at some point if I hit a plateau, we'll see.

Welp Im almost done with my first 36 hour carb up and let me tell you....It was awesome!!! Spaghetti, Icecream, popcorn, hashbrowns, whole wheat bread, candy! It wasn't all clean but I loved it! I haven't cheated at all in my keto diet so this was well deserved! Lol! I think instead of the biweekly carbups Ill do weekly, next time Ill be cleaner! Alright back to strict keto tomorrow! See ya, enjoy the rest of your weekends!

Welp Im almost done with my first 36 hour carb up and let me tell you....It was awesome!!! Spaghetti, Icecream, popcorn, hashbrowns, whole wheat bread, candy! It wasn't all clean but I loved it! I haven't cheated at all in my keto diet so this was well deserved! Lol! I think instead of the biweekly carbups Ill do weekly, next time Ill be cleaner! Alright back to strict keto tomorrow! See ya, enjoy the rest of your weekends!
    I'm doing my first 2 full days worth. pizza, icecream, soda. Thats all I could eat. I'm full for today.