Closed Thread
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1670
    deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deucedeuce42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dont have insurance and am thinking about going to chiro and paying cash but i am not sure if they would be able to help... About 4 months ago i tripped and it pretty much felt like everything inside my body was ripped off my chest wall, i had trouble breathing and ended up in the hospital and they told me it was a torn muscle, gave me muscle relaxers and sent me home...i have pulled muscles before and this pain was completely different and alot more intense... the majority of the pain is gone but there is a weird sore/uncomfortable sensation that runs from my spine along my rib... it still hurts the whole way from spine around to the front along my rib when i take a deep breath... the other day i was poking around and realize that they rib that hurts is pushed in about a half inch and seems to be laying on top of the rib below it... my question is.. is it possible to dislocate a rib or for it to move? would a chiropractor be able to pop it back in if it was out? do they usually take xrays to see whats going on?
    When did I realize I was God?
    I was praying and I realized I was talking to myself.

whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by deucedeuce42 View Post
    i dont have insurance and am thinking about going to chiro and paying cash but i am not sure if they would be able to help... About 4 months ago i tripped and it pretty much felt like everything inside my body was ripped off my chest wall, i had trouble breathing and ended up in the hospital and they told me it was a torn muscle, gave me muscle relaxers and sent me home...i have pulled muscles before and this pain was completely different and alot more intense... the majority of the pain is gone but there is a weird sore/uncomfortable sensation that runs from my spine along my rib... it still hurts the whole way from spine around to the front along my rib when i take a deep breath... the other day i was poking around and realize that they rib that hurts is pushed in about a half inch and seems to be laying on top of the rib below it... my question is.. is it possible to dislocate a rib or for it to move? would a chiropractor be able to pop it back in if it was out? do they usually take xrays to see whats going on?

I had a friend that was having these mysterious arm/shoulder pains like yours and he saw a chiropractor and one of his ribs was seated improperly and after an adjustment of some kind he saw an immediate decrease in pain. and eventually it went away. do you do any streching for your shoulders? like overhead shoulder dislocations ? ive found those to work really well.
    I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000) moto46 is just really nice. (+1000)
    oziem, how many adjustment's will a chiro do in 1 visit on the back, mine uses that gun thing & maybe does 1 adjustment & a bit of stretching. do you think he's ripping me off & trying to prolong the time's i visit to get more $$
    thanks

Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Lower back problems due to car wreck

About 5 years ago I was in a car wreck that injured my neck and back. I was on bed rest for 8 weeks and could barely walk for about 3 weeks. While going through physical therapy for over a year the doctors told me that my sacrum was tilted due to the muscles in my lower back and butt being strained, pulled, and notted up. The Doctors tried many things while I was in therapy, shock treatment (on my lower back), heat treatment, and core wraps. They also gave me exercises to do saying they would stretch out the muscles that were pulled. With in six months I gained around 45 pounds. By the time I was back to normal (somewhat) I had gained 60 lbs. Like I said it has been 5 years. I still have problems with my back. I can walk fine and do some excercises.

My question is... Is there anything in addition to stretching and trying to strengthen my lower back and core that will help take the pain away? Could the increase in my weight be part of the problem? I have been taking pain relievers for 5 years now, non stop-almost everyday. I just don't want my lower back to stop me from continuing to lose weight.

redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by redrabbit View Post
    I get quite a sore back sitting down. Sometimes in the middle-upper part of the back, just underneath the shoulder blades, and sometimes at the lower back, nearer the glute area.

It feels like I need to "snap" my back to make it better - although I don't.

1. What do you suggest, bearing in mind this is quite a long-term problem. I guess you suggest chriopracter?

2. How can I avoid any more/increased pain? I know how you are supposed to sit, but to be honest, it's quite hard keeping it up for long periods of time. Any advice?
    oziem

You may remember my post above. Well I've been to see a chiropracter ... finally.

I paid ?45 ($92 usd) which is about average in the UK. Anyway, explained all my problems:

1. really stiff/sore back when running after only 6-8 minutes
    2. when sitting down my upper back gets quite stiff
    3. my hip clicks on my right leg when I am lying down and raise the leg up and lower it.

Anyway, the chiropracter examined me, and said there were not many problems wrong with my back, only very minor stuff. The only thing the chiro. found was that my hips were slightly dis-aligned, but she pulled my leg and pushed on it to re-align it.

Anyway, cut the long story short, I don't really feel any benefit at all. She said I may have a bit of pain afterwards - like the next day, but nothing. She has sent emailed me some stretches to do, as she said my left hamstring seemed tighter than the right and that could be leading t the problems.

I am booked in again next week. Really annoyed as I don't feel like anything has changed.

Just thought I would vent my frustrations! :-(
    GOALS for 2009:
    `````````````````````````````
    6 x 90kg (198lbs) bench & 1x100kg (220lbs)
    6 x 120kg (264lbs) deadlift
    6 x 110kg (242lbs) squat

Cycle more for cardio

oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by deucedeuce42 View Post
    Yes to AOTA
    Psa 89:13 Thou hast a strong arm; Thy hand is mighty, Thy right hand is exalted.

Advice given by the person known as Oziem is not a substitute for direct clinical care. Oziem and bodybuilding.com (bb.com) are not responsible for any inquirer's decisions for health care.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com
    www.gonsteadmethodology.com

oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by moto46 View Post
    oziem, how many adjustment's will a chiro do in 1 visit on the back, mine uses that gun thing & maybe does 1 adjustment & a bit of stretching. do you think he's ripping me off & trying to prolong the time's i visit to get more $$
    thanks
    You have to discuss instrument adjusting rationale with your doctor and those that do that.
    I advocate hands on adjusting.
    Psa 89:13 Thou hast a strong arm; Thy hand is mighty, Thy right hand is exalted.

Advice given by the person known as Oziem is not a substitute for direct clinical care. Oziem and bodybuilding.com (bb.com) are not responsible for any inquirer's decisions for health care.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Originally Posted by Wilnet View Post
    About 5 years ago I was in a car wreck that injured my neck and back. I was on bed rest for 8 weeks and could barely walk for about 3 weeks. While going through physical therapy for over a year the doctors told me that my sacrum was tilted due to the muscles in my lower back and butt being strained, pulled, and notted up. The Doctors tried many things while I was in therapy, shock treatment (on my lower back), heat treatment, and core wraps. They also gave me exercises to do saying they would stretch out the muscles that were pulled. With in six months I gained around 45 pounds. By the time I was back to normal (somewhat) I had gained 60 lbs. Like I said it has been 5 years. I still have problems with my back. I can walk fine and do some excercises.

My question is... Is there anything in addition to stretching and trying to strengthen my lower back and core that will help take the pain away? Could the increase in my weight be part of the problem? I have been taking pain relievers for 5 years now, non stop-almost everyday. I just don't want my lower back to stop me from continuing to lose weight.
    Why not correct the misalignment of the sacrum? A force moved it out of place, a specific one should move it back into place. Once adjusted you could do some exercise for "therapy" but you need to fix what is damaged first. Sacrum responds quickly to adjustment. The pain and your hindrance to weight meaintenance should be resolved that route.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Originally Posted by redrabbit View Post
    oziem

You may remember my post above. Well I've been to see a chiropracter ... finally.

I paid ?45 ($92 usd) which is about average in the UK. Anyway, explained all my problems:

1. really stiff/sore back when running after only 6-8 minutes
    2. when sitting down my upper back gets quite stiff
    3. my hip clicks on my right leg when I am lying down and raise the leg up and lower it.

Anyway, the chiropracter examined me, and said there were not many problems wrong with my back, only very minor stuff. The only thing the chiro. found was that my hips were slightly dis-aligned, but she pulled my leg and pushed on it to re-align it.

Anyway, cut the long story short, I don't really feel any benefit at all. She said I may have a bit of pain afterwards - like the next day, but nothing. She has sent emailed me some stretches to do, as she said my left hamstring seemed tighter than the right and that could be leading t the problems.

I am booked in again next week. Really annoyed as I don't feel like anything has changed.

Just thought I would vent my frustrations! :-(
    If in any way possible you see a Gonstead doc, or meet them at the college for seminar you should get some results. That is the highly recommended path to take.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oziem View Post
    Why not correct the misalignment of the sacrum? A force moved it out of place, a specific one should move it back into place. Once adjusted you could do some exercise for "therapy" but you need to fix what is damaged first. Sacrum responds quickly to adjustment. The pain and your hindrance to weight meaintenance should be resolved that route.

So would I have to go back to the physical therapist, or to a chiropractor to get my sacrum fixed? Will it hurt me more if I exercise before I get it fixed? What happens if I never do fix it?

[QUOTE=Wilnet;90528873]So would I have to go back to the physical therapist, or to a chiropractor to get my sacrum fixed? Will it hurt me more if I exercise before I get it fixed? What happens if I never do fix it?[/QUOTE

I recommend Gonstead chiropractic for its excellent record of correction of these problems.
    You should walk if you are able to do so.
    A subluxation of the sacrum is a potentially degenerative artritic condition. You would do well to get it fixed rather than allow it to worsen.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

tpimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Latissimus Dorsi/Teres Major Pains

Hello, I have been experiencing some bad/continuous pains in my latissimus dorsi and what seems to be my rear deltoid/teres major area. This pain has been with me for about two weeks now and I know for a fact that it isn't a tear. I have been to a doctor already, but she said to hold off on the MRI. I was sick prior to this pain for one week and was in bed pretty much everyday for around 8-11 hrs a day and did not lift once during the sickness! I got rid of the fever after a week and now this muscle pain/constant ache has been with me for two weeks. I am using Ibuprofen to take down the slight inflamation and using ICYHOT to help with the muscles, but it seems like it just won't go away. Also, I haven't lifted ONCE in this whole three week spectrum. I'm guessing it was just simply from laying on it wrong while sleeping one night. Does this normally happen to people? Do you think it is possibly just a strain or sprain? And any remedies?

Thank you in advance!!

Originally Posted by tpimp View Post
    Hello, I have been experiencing some bad/continuous pains in my latissimus dorsi and what seems to be my rear deltoid/teres major area. This pain has been with me for about two weeks now and I know for a fact that it isn't a tear. I have been to a doctor already, but she said to hold off on the MRI. I was sick prior to this pain for one week and was in bed pretty much everyday for around 8-11 hrs a day and did not lift once during the sickness! I got rid of the fever after a week and now this muscle pain/constant ache has been with me for two weeks. I am using Ibuprofen to take down the slight inflamation and using ICYHOT to help with the muscles, but it seems like it just won't go away. Also, I haven't lifted ONCE in this whole three week spectrum. I'm guessing it was just simply from laying on it wrong while sleeping one night. Does this normally happen to people? Do you think it is possibly just a strain or sprain? And any remedies?

Thank you in advance!!

Two things here; two weeks constant pain that is unresponsive. The pain cam subsequent to fever (related or no?)
    My thinking is oyu have a sprain. The scapula can actually subluxate without major rotator cuff tear. T-nation has an interesting article on this.
    Anyway, I would be checking the thoracic spine and scapula for subluxation and adjustment would be the course of care. Once corrected proper warmup and training of the area would be advised.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50) sick+tired will become famous soon enough. (+50)

left trap

So I've had this nagging pain in my left trap, (middle trap, not the top area) that seems to bother me anytime I turn the wrong way. I've already seen a chiropractor and she cracked my back and massaged it by a week later the pain has barely subsided at all. What could be causing this? anytime i raise my left arm over my head or bend over at the waist it seems to hurt. Any tips?
    IMO: Alot of the problems people have, and then create threads about on this site (my arms aren't growing, I'm not gaining weight, etc.) would be solved by a little patience.

WestSide turned Starting Strength Journal: (9 months to reach 200 lbs BW) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3207071

OLD SS Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2538331

Originally Posted by sick+tired View Post
    So I've had this nagging pain in my left trap, (middle trap, not the top area) that seems to bother me anytime I turn the wrong way. I've already seen a chiropractor and she cracked my back and massaged it by a week later the pain has barely subsided at all. What could be causing this? anytime i raise my left arm over my head or bend over at the waist it seems to hurt. Any tips?
    There have been a few entries on this issue. If there is no lasting value to the thoracic spine or scapula and turning is an issue creating pain, end especially spasm;
    the answer is an upper cervical adjustment. A subluxation should be carefully searched for in that region and especially the occipital condyle. If that problem is present, an adjustment will bring relief.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hi

so suddenly today my left shoulder hurts... It's not a big pain i would say like a 4/10, it hurts mainly in the back rear delt but also hurts in the front of my shoulder at times. The pain is really sharp and early in the day it was like a electric shock all the way down my arm to my hand really wierd. I have already decided to take a week off from upper body training and i will but i would like to know what you thinki it might be.

I traind hard on my last upper body workout on saturday and everything went smooth so it's really wierd that it hurts

Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have a problem, i describe what happened :
    16 days ago i was doing deadlift i had 8 singles , one each minute, with this progression, in kilograms: 135 135 135 160 160 160 140 140
    i have a very balanced phisique, always took in consideration deep core work, so this is not the problem..
    the problem is that i tried a new technique to stabilize the lower back , keeping much air inside the diafram at each rep, but i did not keep the belly button inside as usually was doing in the past . the lift was in my possibility and i completed it with great perfusion in the glutes area..it felt very sollicitated... completed the first rep with 160 kg (my body weight is 72 kilos, 174 cm height)i felt a pain in the sciatic nerve..i completed all the planned reps.. then i went prone on the ground for some mc kenzie extensions. and then rubbed with the ball for trigger points...and some stretch..i completed workout with 105 x8 reps good morning and 10 reps romanian deadlifts with dumbells, not very heavy because of the sensation in the glute

i had pain at home in the glute...a bit down the leg in some cases..i was very aggresses on treating trigger points in glute piriformis ql psoas etc...
    i then went 4 days later for a front squat workout and i had no pain doing 3 triples with 105 kg and 8 reps with 80 kg... then i did pistols and i had again some disconfort in the sciatic nerve...
    after 4 days i went to a chiro..it was one year i did not go (never suffered with back before...2 years i seriously and heavily squat and deadlift..i love them)
    after the chiro i was 2 days good doing always mc kenzie extensions during the day etc...but when i woke up in the morning ..little barely felt..mild sensation in the sciatic after those 2 days..i had a wonderful chest back (inverted row) workout..then i get back..yesterday to deadlift.. i was stupid i know.... i decided to continue with the progression
    it was planned 3 singles, one each minute with 140 kilos and 4 singles with 165 kilos and 3 singles with 150 kilos...
    i did the first 3 singles with 140..one each minute and i was ok...
    then...it arrived the 165 kilos...i was 2 inch off the ground and my back seriously sudddendly contracted from the side of the previous problem...left side...immediately over the cheek
    i immediately gave up and went in to mckenzie..then flushin some blood with reverse bw extensions at the lumbar bench...then go home
    and here...terrible pain(VERY EMPHASIZED BY EMOTIONS OF BEING FAR FROM TRAINING) since yesterday..also in the groIn..with affected motility..rumors in the belly... i had to urinate more frequently..actually it is disturbing the pain int he groin still on the left..yesterday at home the leg was not so focus..obviously a disc...when i read about problems with the bladder i had a panic attac i not even know how remained standing...
    i have pain standing..i think mc kenzie also are not good now..also i think i made a mistake in starting again aggressive on trigger poiints..i put ice..terrible pain...i slept keeping the arch in the lumbar area with a towel...now is better but the groin is most of the problem..i thought about the psoas..i treated triggers..it is not tense...actually everything looks switched off(NO INNERVATION)..glutes , some part of low back muscles ..i was worried like hell though..emotional..but i know EFT to control this and i did the better i could...
    i think i need an mri
    what to do..advices..i also have a video of the lift and when i gave up
    i tend to pop in my knees because i think some spasm are releasing so the body is adjusting..
    it is less pain then yesterday..in the back mostly...also in the groin...but if i think it is worst..need to be calm and propositive
    i am scared like hell because deadlift transformed my phisique and i love them..looking at the video yesterday comparing it with previous, i notice as i was always use to stay lower with the hips...a bit higher then the knees...while now they are very higher..i did not realize in this last month i changed technique..it is still ok , it is more like a powerlifting deadlift...first was closer to the squat..but... first was safer because i was always arched in the back keeping lordosis..now i am straight, not curved, but not arched with enphasized lordosis and this ****ed me
    i just keep a week of break ..it was time to deload also...then i hope i can at least do upper body and then go back little by little, maybe some squats..i think deadlifts are over for long.. i will start doing core work as soon as i feel i can do it..when?
    i usually do 4 kneeling multifidi work, side bridging, tva activations (tummy tuck), planks, woodchop, russian twist..i have a very strong core..)but was not enough...other thing..when i had the first injury i was in a gym where the floor is not perfectly level...it was a car office..and they did not straight the floor..damn it..i always chosen the straigther part..bringing a level with me..it was the only gym with weights..here in this ****in italian town where i live

also being in this ****in italian country i cannot access soft tissue therapy, art etc that would complement chiropractic the best as i could when i was living in LA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BGtFnbhEGaU video of the injury, yesterday

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7qU8PLIJfys video of my previous technique...never had a problem..i was also in another correct gym, but i had to leave it when it became fitness oriented
    Last edited by Stefanogym; 10-30-2007 at 06:13 AM.

Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    it is going a bit better after doing 2 setsx10 of quadruped multifidi, 10 seconds each rep, keeping also the belly button inside..
    and mckenzie extensions any 2 hours..
    i start being fully prone face down for 3-4 minutes..then i go 3-4 min on my elbows., then i straight my arms and make 10 reps up and down..in this last portion i noticed how the sciatic discomfort reappears..it is not an escrushating pain but it is discomfort..that should not be there obviously..
    the muscles over the sacrum are still a bit spasmic..while i treated by hands the lower abdominals , the intrapelvic and the QL with the theracane
    i am feeling much more better than yesterday..i have no more hurge of urinating..i normalized that..some discomfort in the groin..that i dunno what is..if it is psoas or simply nerve irritation by the disc..dunno if caused by the fact i just did mckenzie protocol or because i am sitting...
    i look forward to take my stability ball at grandpa house and use that for sitting then

tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so ive noticed that i have a very unbalanced back (left side a lot more developed than the other). also, my right shoulder never stops popping when doing bench press with barbells and dumbbells and sometimes shoulder press. when doing military press with dumbbells, i feel the right side of my back (latissimus dorsi) get used more than my right shoulder which i don't know why. when i do bench press i feel very uneven on the bench (probably from my uneven back) and then my shoulder pops when i do the exercise. now ive been told that my shoulder problem was possibly from having weak external rotator cuff muscles. ive been doing external rotator cuff exercises for a month now and know improvement. could i be suffering this shoulder problem due to the right side of my back being less underdeveloped than the left side? ive never done deadlift before but im going to do it for the first time today and im just worried that the more developed side of my back will do most of the work further increasing my problem.

no more swelling in the area..after 10 mckenzie extensions during the day, pain is almost centralized..sometimes i feel the sciatic...muscles are regaining tone int he glutes..still some pain on pressure in that area..and if i make some motion that changes lordosis..some spasm still happens.
    let s see tomorrow

Originally Posted by ThatArmyKid View Post
    hi

so suddenly today my left shoulder hurts... It's not a big pain i would say like a 4/10, it hurts mainly in the back rear delt but also hurts in the front of my shoulder at times. The pain is really sharp and early in the day it was like a electric shock all the way down my arm to my hand really wierd. I have already decided to take a week off from upper body training and i will but i would like to know what you thinki it might be.

I traind hard on my last upper body workout on saturday and everything went smooth so it's really wierd that it hurts
    you can have a temporary impingement with heavy lifts and questionable form.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Originally Posted by Stefanogym View Post
    no more swelling in the area..after 10 mckenzie extensions during the day, pain is almost centralized..sometimes i feel the sciatic...muscles are regaining tone int he glutes..still some pain on pressure in that area..and if i make some motion that changes lordosis..some spasm still happens.
    let s see tomorrow
    The lumbar disc may respod better to the sacrum base being set under the L5 vertebra (Re: Gonstead Base Posterior).

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Originally Posted by tbbuccaneer87 View Post
    so ive noticed that i have a very unbalanced back (left side a lot more developed than the other). also, my right shoulder never stops popping when doing bench press with barbells and dumbbells and sometimes shoulder press. when doing military press with dumbbells, i feel the right side of my back (latissimus dorsi) get used more than my right shoulder which i don't know why. when i do bench press i feel very uneven on the bench (probably from my uneven back) and then my shoulder pops when i do the exercise. now ive been told that my shoulder problem was possibly from having weak external rotator cuff muscles. ive been doing external rotator cuff exercises for a month now and know improvement. could i be suffering this shoulder problem due to the right side of my back being less underdeveloped than the left side? ive never done deadlift before but im going to do it for the first time today and im just worried that the more developed side of my back will do most of the work further increasing my problem.
    Your joint and muscle is malnourished of proper nerve supply. T3 up to the upper cervical should be examined carefully for an impinged nerve.
    Last edited by oziem; 10-30-2007 at 04:11 PM.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you can have a temporary impingement with heavy lifts and questionable form.
    whats does impingement mean and if i do have that how long does that take to heal

ps. my shoudler feel much better today i can do a pushup with no pain but it still hurt from time to like

Copyright has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just posted a thread about this but anyway thought I'd ask for your opinion
    About two months ago doing straight legged dead lifts with 100kgs I strained the middle part of my back. Been meaning to go to the doctor for the whole period, i stopped training due to a pinching pain and a sore back from the above injury.

Anyway I finally saw the doctor today, turns out where the lower back meets the upper back I've torn inside the spinal column and it's a permanent injury. Scar tissue will form around it and the pain will dull over time but it'll always be there. I asked about working out to which he was very thingy about it but after thinking he said I'll always have to be mindful of it and not put unneccsary strain on it.
    Any idea what I can to strengthen the area so I can continue to work out? The doctor wasnt very helpful.

The lumbar disc may respod better to the sacrum base being set under the L5 vertebra (Re: Gonstead Base Posterior).
    sorry, i don t know what this means

please give me. if you have, any advice, so that i can get back in training soon

i do not have access to gonstead techniques in italy. the farther i can go now is uk
    but i must be sure of what i do and that it will bring solution!

p.s. do you know why i have , some moments, this slight discomfort in the groin? somethimes on the left..sometimes on the right? it is not steady..it happens at the moments..then it goes away...

i sneezed now...i felt less spasm(almost nothing) in the lower back..yesterday was much more...tonight when i was moving in the bed i had the spasm if i was also for a while losing lordosis...i sleept all the time with a support under lower back to mantain the arch

it is good if i start treating for trigger points or not?

also i have harmstring that are a bit tight..i need to stretch them, but any position put me in a bad back position..maybe the only one is if i lay down on the floor..any advice?

thank you for what you will tell me
    Last edited by Stefanogym; 10-31-2007 at 12:40 AM.

tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your joint and muscle is malnourished of proper nerve supply. T3 up to the upper cervical should be examined carefully for an impinged nerve.
    how would something like this happen?

Originally Posted by tbbuccaneer87 View Post
    how would something like this happen?
    A traumatic force may sprain a disc. Most everyone has at least one in their lifetime.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Originally Posted by Stefanogym View Post
    sorry, i don t know what this means

please give me. if you have, any advice, so that i can get back in training soon

i do not have access to gonstead techniques in italy. the farther i can go now is uk
    but i must be sure of what i do and that it will bring solution!

p.s. do you know why i have , some moments, this slight discomfort in the groin? somethimes on the left..sometimes on the right? it is not steady..it happens at the moments..then it goes away...

i sneezed now...i felt less spasm(almost nothing) in the lower back..yesterday was much more...tonight when i was moving in the bed i had the spasm if i was also for a while losing lordosis...i sleept all the time with a support under lower back to mantain the arch

it is good if i start treating for trigger points or not?

also i have harmstring that are a bit tight..i need to stretch them, but any position put me in a bad back position..maybe the only one is if i lay down on the floor..any advice?

thank you for what you will tell me
    You are doing all the right things you are able. Perhaps your doc may look into this subject and be able to do it for you. Now mind you I have not seen the problem just have readup on your take of the case management and its progress. The lateral xray will tell-- is the disc wide in the posterior or no, if it is the sacrum is the answer. If L5 is behind the sacrum (a mm or two) and tipped downward in the posterior, the L5 is the ticket.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

I Have Teh Beautiful Wife jwdjrs's Avatar
    jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hello I ruptured a disc in my neck C 6-7 , Happened around a month ago, Since then been having headaches and dizziness. Neurosurgeon said he didn't think surgery was necessary. Just started going to the chiropractor and my doctor has me on a 10 pound lifting limit, Any advice when I might be able to hit the weights again ?? And possibly any exercises I can do for strengthening or helping the problem ?? Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast