Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    GROPEGRABOSHITWTFBBQ! Hard Drive's Avatar
    Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The vertical is cheaper too.

I checked the prices, it's about $400 cheaper than most models. I can't say I've ever used one of these, I've used leg presses with SIMILIAR motions. Go figure that my favorite one has a ROM almost identical except you're upright instead of on your back:-p

These things really are cheap enough to put in your own home. Insane.

Although, I still say that hack presses are amazing stuff too.

Those 45 angle ones, you can go from 8 plates each side to 5 plates and still manage a the same workout, I just don't get it.
    Rice Power Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=332791061

Success requires single-mindedness of purpose.
    ---------------
    tofu/rice/ranch---no meat

squatting until i vomit PureAlpha's Avatar
    PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Kalt View Post
    5'2. And much stronger than his lame ass will ever be.
    okay dude, first you're a manlet. second, i've seen your vids and things like 285 squat doesn't impress me, especially with your midget body. i'm taller, bigger and stronger that you'll ever be. hell, most fitness chicks are bigger than you.

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had the Powerline vertical leg press, and it was not very comfortable for my lower back. My lower back was fine when i did one leg presses, but the unit wobbled a little.

Maybe the Powerline one it is not a good unit, but it's the only one we can buy in Europe.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by KSA; 01-26-2008 at 07:17 AM.

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    We have similar tastes/training attitudes so I think you will like it spirit. I have never cared for leg presses in the past but these made me a believer.
    This is true. Untill I can find one I will have to settle for back/front squats, lunges and my version of the leg press. Side note you still do cleans sometimes or upright rows?
    Cha Cha Cha

Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

They allow you to use much heavier weights because you are not working directly against gravity. I hate them and I feel that the weight used on them is relatively meaningless.
    Gracias. I understand exactly what you mean, and I had a feeling you going to say this. I know that you only workout at home, but in the extreme case you come across those 45 degree bad boys, here's a tip.

- Position your feet just inside shoulder width apart to target quads.
    - The lower your feet are on the platform, the more the quads are targeted, so place them as low as possible, so that calves don't take over the left but are still a little involved. A lot of people forget to do this to target quads more directly.
    - 3 even 4 second controlled eccentric, bringing your knees to your chest as close as possible, as the quads really start to take over at this point. Don't forget to NOT pause at the bottom.
    - Explosive concentric.
    - Single leg presses work great too
    - Give this a try with the vertical leg press and tell me how it works

Also, here's a quote from Lyle Macdonald I think you might like.
    "Go to any gym, and here's what you'll find:
    Guys who squat with big legs
    Guys who squat with small legs
    Guys who leg press with big legs
    Guys who leg press with small legs"
    Last edited by Mr.Hombre; 01-26-2008 at 11:52 AM.

DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanLaPolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wish my gym had one of these, i guess i'll try the smith machine press next time i do legs.

Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The gym I used to work out at had one of those, for some reason I ignored it. Probably in favour of a regular leg press. I wish I'd used it now looking back.
    Blue jays/Spartans/Colts

Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PureAlpha View Post
    blablahblahestatbull****
    vid?
    Rice Power Log

---------------

hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Kalt View Post
    vid?
    gee kalt how did he get so red....did you go and neg him.....
    $$$$BIG MONEY BALLER CREW$$$$$

Lifetime reps..
    kenkong..n00bi3..Drew23

Cool

Originally Posted by hjayss View Post
    gee kalt how did he get so red....did you go and neg him.....
    I asked Kyo to hook me up w/ some of his suga dad's from the misc?
    Rice Power Log

---------------

bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by spot_skater View Post
    I've never used a vertical leg press. My school's gym does have this though: seems to move nicely in an arc and it really blasts my quads.

I basically use that as a cornerstone to my leg workouts (I still do BB back squats and other exercises). DD have you used one of these? It doesn't move on a set plane, AFAIK/can feel but seems to move in an arc. Like I said I feel it really well in my quads, and hamstrings when bringing my heels to my ass.

DD if you ever get a chance to use this model of leg press give it a go. I can honestly say I have never felt my quads working as much as I have using this one. The rest of the 45 degree ones dont seem to do much for me. The way it moves in a arc takes alot of stress off the knees and back if done correctly.
    Just live your life with God inside. You wont regret one moment of it. Give all that you have for God.

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

head rush!

i think the main 'danger' from the vert leg press, and i speak from experience, is standing up too soon after a killer set and blacking out!

i bet thats why places got rid of them!
    great pump...and a great headrush as well!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bucsfan View Post
    DD if you ever get a chance to use this model of leg press give it a go. I can honestly say I have never felt my quads working as much as I have using this one. The rest of the 45 degree ones dont seem to do much for me. The way it moves in a arc takes alot of stress off the knees and back if done correctly.
    size/strength gains?

Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Earthtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Earthtime View Post
    Ya know, Diamond, everybody's always looking for a way to do loaded pushups and can't figure out how. Well, there's the device for you. Throw a pad on the back and weighted pushups safely!

You may now rep me freely! lol
    With a little bit of riggin' you could even use one for Donkey Calf Raises.

bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Earthtime View Post
    size/strength gains?
    I did not get to use it consistently enough to see size gains because it was at a gym I worked out at over Christmas break. I will tell you I was able to go alot heavier and get way more reps with this machine then the one at my college gym. The motion is very fluid and you can feel constant tension on the muscles throughout the entire movement.
    Just live your life with God inside. You wont regret one moment of it. Give all that you have for God.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Though they did need to be sprayed with some silicon lubricant when I first put it together. Been smooth as butter ever since.
    are we still talking about the leg press?

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

Originally Posted by Tetsu. View Post
    are we still talking about the leg press?
    Lol. You dirty brit you. Hope you feel better soon my wide shouldered friend.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol. You dirty brit you. Hope you feel better soon my wide shouldered friend.
    cheers bro, got the man flu. wifes rolling her eyes and bringing me hot lemon drinks lol

BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bucsfan View Post
    I got to use an arc sled like this when I used to train at LifeTime Fitness up on Minneapolis. You couldn't throw as much weight on it compared to the 45degree next to it, but the motion was definitely worth it!

Funniest part was that I think I was the only one to use it. Everyone else lined up to use the 45degree sled instead so they could throw up some serious numbers!
    My Treadmill Goes to "11"!

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smith Machine Leg Press

yea, this thread is 4 mths old...

Doesnt it hurt your feet to do a leg press on the smith machine? at the least, it seems it would be VERY bad for your feet. Is there something you can attach to the bar to give your a larger surface area?

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Seated Calf

DD or anyone that knows, can you easily remove/replace the pad on this Vertical Leg Press?

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92066.html

I'm thinking about buying it and am wondering if you can rig it up for seated calf raises.

Originally Posted by Mr.Hombre View Post
    Also, here's a quote from Lyle Macdonald I think you might like.
    "Go to any gym, and here's what you'll find:
    Guys who squat with big legs
    Guys who squat with small legs
    Guys who leg press with big legs
    Guys who leg press with small legs"
    That is a simply fantastic, super cool, friggin outstanding amazing uber awesome thing to say. Repped.
    Rice Power Log

---------------

NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50) NOpain-NOgain will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    we had tht at our old gym b4 it closed down

first time i tried it was first time i worked out my legs.

when i got up from my last set i got dizzy, almost fainted and body went cold.

but ye nowadays i miss tht machine never saw it again

fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fightnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pairunoyd View Post
    yea, this thread is 4 mths old...

Doesnt it hurt your feet to do a leg press on the smith machine? at the least, it seems it would be VERY bad for your feet. Is there something you can attach to the bar to give your a larger surface area?
    I know this is an OLD post, but I saw an attachment somewhere online. If I find it again, I'll try to remember to post back, but there was definitely some kind of attachment just for this.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I loved the vert. leg press.
    my gym had it before they re-made the place.

i've actually take the press out of my workout completly b/c they dont have it anymore.
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321