Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10) artsands is on a distinguished road. (+10)

d-ribose and congestive heart failure

Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    Coors Lite helps with everything bro, everything.
    no, fortunately I do not have heart failure - I have always been very active physically - rugby x 25 years, lots of running, biking, other sports

exercise may be the simplest, cheapest, most effective rx that I can prescribe for health maintenance

recently started doing body weight exercises (lack of time to get to the gym) - BTW great exercise app Fitness Buddy - 1700 different exercises

chemjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cakedonkey View Post
    Cool it, Chuck. You seem to be getting quite defensive here. No need to be mad because D-ribose doesn't work.
    1. I did read and understand the literature. I also read the full-text for the first one. There's nothing fishy about it as much as you'd like to believe (i.e., no vested interest, etc.).

2. All the literature is stacked against it. Yet you claim it "worked" on people you trained and yourself. This is called placebo effect. I also like how you say "(very little relied on) pubmed studies." which basically translates to that you ignore the published research and just pray that it does something.

3. That said, let's see your side of the story. I really do want to hear what makes BioEnergy branded D-Ribose so distinctly different than any other D-Ribose. Please by all means, show us the research you based your opinion on.

4. Many of the studies you will find on D-ribose that actually do show benefit, are NOT in healthy/athletic people. What it would then seem is that D-ribose might hold merit for people with some sort of heart condition, and so forth, but no real merit for the bodybuilding and athletic crowd that is generally in the better state of health.

I just finally signed up for this site to respond to your post response. On Prof Musc. & An Minds for long time. Dont like the drama on here.
    Like chuck said, as with Many studies they are Extremely flawed bc of how the compound is used/ benefitedfrom use. Some things take a while to show results and also they Can only apply to certain things like heart regeneration and chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, but let's think.... if it helps regenerate damaged heart tissue (a Muscle w lots of nerve input) then it Will benefit athletes as well. That's why it's used by Olympians etc.
    Also, Chuck told you he's not posting that info here, but he Did give you all info to look it up yourself.
    Not hating, just giving some input from a guy who like chuck uses a **** ton of natural supps and finding Benefit where "studies" show "no significant increase in anaerobic activity" etc etc etc.
    Use your head and Personal Experience to judge whether something carries merit. And take dosage into consideration when trying things out. Sometimes you have to go to 4-5x what studies may use bc it's a Completely Different Application. Nuff said. Out.