Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    It should be about health phabphour20's Avatar
    phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everything is going swimmingly.

Feel great today. Had a great day yesterday. I ate perfect keto all day.

After work, I went to the gym. I went to town with legs and abs. Man are my abbles sore today... love that feeling. Followed the heavy workout (nothing provides both cardio and weight training exercise like legs and abs day) with some whey in water.

Had some chicken with a little bit of bruschetta topping on it with a bunch of fresh mozzarella cheese melted over the top for dinner.... wowza. Delicious. I also had about two cups of broccoli, a glass of red wine and one square of 85% cacao dark chocolate (less than 2g carbs). I watched a bit of the hated Yankees game... delightful.

I hopped on the scale for a little sneak peak this morning of what is to come on Tuesday... not good. I am still quite a bit heavier than before my binge last weekend, but things are going well. I registered on the ketostix last night and again this morning, so that is good. Hopefully by Tuesday I can be somewhere around where I was before last weekend. We'll see. I won't let it get me down either way. The scale is not the end all and be all.

Keto for life. I am going to get this transformation done for my wedding next September. Fired up.

-PP
    I just want to be healthy.

phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello everyone. Good day.

Yesterday was great. I had some pizza and pasta for dinner last night with my fiance. I also had 3 or 4 beers. It was great. I need to do that about once in a week to keep my sanity.

Went to the gym this morning after having some eggs for breakfast. Biceps and back. Felt strong. Had some whey in water afterward then went and took a casual hour walk at the beach with my fiance. It was beautiful outside.

I am about to eat some tuna in mayo with a little cheese. I love this meal.

Keto is great. Back in it today. Until next Friday.

Keepin' it rollin' along.

-PP

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But whats the weight at?!?!

And I definately think you should care up atleast once every 2 weeks if not once a week! It does really help keep you sane, helps keep the fat loss going, and really helps save muscle mass...

Originally Posted by gymratluke View Post
    But whats the weight at?!?!

And I definately think you should care up atleast once every 2 weeks if not once a week! It does really help keep you sane, helps keep the fat loss going, and really helps save muscle mass...
    Well, the weight spiked up pretty badly after my 4 day dirty carbup (lol) two weeks ago. I am holding off until this Tuesday to really give myself adequate time to get into the swing of things again. Things are going very well.

As for the carbups, I am going to do a cheat meal every Friday night. Every other week, this will be followed by a clean carbup day on Saturday. On the alternate weeks, I will go back to keto first thing Saturday morning.

Yesterday was great. Ate keto, lifted hard. Lovin' life. Today, chest, shoulders and triceps. Keto for life.

Weigh-in/measurements on Tuesday.

-PP

Good day. I woke up and played some tennis today. It was great. The gym was great yesterday. Triceps, shoulders and chest. Felt good.

Today I have been eating clean keto. Just had some tuna fish in mayo with a little cheese. Good stuff. I think I will cook a keto meatloaf tonight.

I will probably still weigh more tomorrow than I did before my binge, but what are you going to do? I had probably 40 beers in 2 days. I can't expect to not see the negative results of that. That being said, I have been lifting hard and eating right. I feel good. Not sure if I will see the results tomorrow, but whatever. My muscles feel stronger and tighter. I hope to start seeing the results with the measuring tape and scale.

I was back into ketosis yesterday, so that is solid.

Gotta keep it going. A little more than 11 months until my wedding. I want to be in the best shape of my life.

-PP

pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey! your progress is inspiring.

i had my first carb up yesterday and i'm happy to be back to my fatty protein rich breakfast.

i bet you're psyched about the sox right now (and not to mention the downfall of the yanks!). my SO is a HUGE fan.

Originally Posted by pacificgrl View Post
    hey! your progress is inspiring.

i had my first carb up yesterday and i'm happy to be back to my fatty protein rich breakfast.

i bet you're psyched about the sox right now (and not to mention the downfall of the yanks!). my SO is a HUGE fan.
    I try not to gloat about it. Sox fans have to be humble. We know we are only an injury or two away from a few more years of mediocrity. That being said, I hate the Yankees and it makes me happy they lost again. Their fan base is generally so smug. As with any team, there are good eggs and bad eggs and many Yankee fans are knowledgable and conscientious. Unfortunately, as with Red Sox fans, a few bad eggs generally ruin the carton. So, yeah, I AM PUMPED. Bring on the Indians!

And thanks for the support. I am really working at it.

Good luck with keto. I have found nothing that works as well. Period. I have also been doing a lot of reading and research and I am starting to believe that it is THE healthy way to eat and the way we evolved to eat.

Best of luck and don't be a stranger!

-PP

Official weigh-in day...

Weight: 300 lbs.
    Waist: 49.75"

So, not the best numbers. But trust me, these are far superior to where I was after my "four day dirty carbup." I am feeling good. And strong.

I had a good day yesterday. Ate clean keto and played some tennis. I skipped the gym because it was leg day and my ankle was bothering me after tennis. So I just iced it and relaxed. I am going to try and get to the gym after work tonight to do legs and abs.

I made a delicious dinner last night. Pork chops in a red wine reduction with a blue cheese and toasted walnut topping. Mmm mmm good. A side of wilted spinach in butter for good measure. Nice.

So, because my results today were less than stellar, I am going to institute a few small changes to my plan:

First, I am going to be skipping the red wine on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. I am going to only drink a glass or two on Friday and Saturday nights. I don't think it kicks me out of ketosis, but I also probably don't need the extra calories and I am not quite sure what effects alcohol has on fat loss. So I am going to cut it out except for the weekends.

Second, I am going to modify my carbup situation a bit. I was absolutely amazed how full and pumped I felt in the gym the day after my "four day dirty carbup." I have never felt that pumped and jacked in my life. My muscles were ripping through my skin. After my Friday night cheat meal/mini dirty carbup I didn't feel this. My lifts didn't really suffer, but I didn't feel ripped either.

So, my new plan is this... I am going to do a one-day CLEAN carbup every Saturday. Very clean, eat maybe slightly more calories than usual, mostly whole grains, fruit, oatmeal, maybe some yogurt, etc. On Friday nights, my dinners out with my fiance, I will alternate between a clean keto meal (just order a Cobb Salad or a steak and things like that) and a cheat meal that starts the carbup.

So it will look like this:

SU, M, T, W, TH, F day: KETO
    F night: Cheat meal
    SA all day: Clean Carbup
    SU, M, T, W, TH, F all day and night: KETO
    SA all day: Clean Carbup

Rinse and repeat.

Any thoughts?

Just under 51 weeks to lose 100 pounds. It will be done.

-PP

Good morning everyone!

Feeling good this morning. I got home from work last night and went to the gym. I busted out some legs and abs. I am getting a little nervous about my leg press. I have had knee issues in the past and I am up to 3 sets of 12 reps with 7 plates on each side. This is 630 pounds plus the rack. I want to up the weight since I can do this with little difficulty, but I am starting to worry about my knees holding up with all of that weight. Anyone hear of anyone blowing out their knees on a leg press?

I had a delicious chicken caesar salad last night for dinner with some fish oils. I skipped the wine. I am holding off until Friday. Things are going well. I am feeling good. I feel strong and healthy despite still being fat.

After dinner last night I opened "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes again. I read this book two weeks ago when it came out. I re-read the chapter on the science behind heart disease. It continues to blow my mind. The science is all there. It is part of the reason why I am feeling so good today. The book confirms that I am doing the right thing for my overall health, not just my weight by eating keto.

Everyone, please, do yourself a favor and pick up this book. I think I am literally going to give it as a Christmas gift to my entire family and all my friends. If just one person reads it and puts its lessons into practice, it will be worth it. Seriously, buy it. Read it. You won't be dissappointed.

If I can get out of work in time tonight I am heading to the gym. Biceps and back.

Making it happen.

-PP

100th post.

Wow, thought I'd be further along at this point, but I really set myself back with a few serious slip ups (6 weeks... aye aye aye). If I can just keep this consistent for a year, I'll certainly reach my goals.

Anyway, yesterday was another great day. I ate clean keto and went to the gym after work. Biceps and back. Felt pretty good. Had some whey in water afterward.

I was bored of the routine when I got home so I told my fiance we were going out to dinner. We went to our little local restaurant and I had a delicious Cobb salad. I also had a glass of red wine, but I don't think one glass when I go out will hurt me. I am not going to have a glass tonight and I didn't have one on Tuesday night. Wow, now I sound like an alcoholic rationalizing his behavior...lol. I can stop at one glass, I swear!

Anywho, feeling good. Feeling strong. My fiance said I looked thinner in the face yesterday and I got a compliment from a frend at work as well. I guess something must be happening despite the scale and waist measurements staying level. I will keep fighting and hope for 2 pounds by Tuesday.

I am going to get this done for my wedding. I really want it.

-PP

Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep it up keep it up! We're all rooting for you! Don't let the scale ruin your feelings about your progress---if you're feeling good and your clothes are looser, that's progress.

I know how you feel about the glass of wine with dinner...mmmm, wine. I miss it.

Mo
    "...regret is an awful thing--a poisonous luxury. The less you have of it, the better."---Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by Mo_ria View Post
    Keep it up keep it up! We're all rooting for you! Don't let the scale ruin your feelings about your progress---if you're feeling good and your clothes are looser, that's progress.

I know how you feel about the glass of wine with dinner...mmmm, wine. I miss it.

Mo
    Hey, thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate the support!

Good luck on your journey as well!

In vino veritas.

-PP

Good morning.

Quick up date. Everything went well yesterday. Ate well.

I am going to start carbup tonight by making some pasta for dinner for my fiance and some friends.

Then gym tomorrow morning and clean carb up all day tomorrow.

Rock and roll.

-PP

Good morning everybody. Had myself a weekend... wooooweeee. So, I carbed up from Friday evening through Saturday night. I woke up Sunday morning and went back into keto.

My carb up was very dirty. I drank a lot of alcohol (even beer...which I had sworn off) due to two nights of social events with people I hadn't seen in a while. I ate a bunch of crap. It was great. A nice release, but back in it yesterday.

Went to the gym yesterday and did chest, triceps and shoulders. I felt very strong and added 10 pounds to my bench and some small additions to a lot of the other lifts too. I am feeling stronger and tighter. I am probably not any lighter on the scale, but we'll see tomorrow. I am not sure if I will have lost all the water from my carbup by tomorrow morning, so I may switch official weigh-in day to Wednesday to get a more accurate reading of my progress.

Had three fried eggs and a sausage patty for breakfast this morning. I threw in three fish oil pills and a multivitamin and just had a cup of green tea.

Are brussel sprouts OK for keto? I can't find consistent carbohydrate information on them. I had them for dinner last night with some grilled London broil. I make the best baked brussel sprouts ever. Anyone who wants the recipe, let me know. I used to hate them, but cooked like this, OMIGOD. They are so delicious when it starts getting cold out. Are they ok you think? They taste pretty starchy on the inside, so I am not quite sure.

Going to try to go to the gym tonight, but with my Red Sox playing a postseason baseball game tonight, it might be tough. I think I will force myself to go anyway and maybe do some cardio and watch while I am on the machine.

Official weigh-in tomorrow.

-PP

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Must spread rep around before giving it to you again.

You're hot - You beast! An animal in the gym and the bedroom
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    Must spread rep around before giving it to you again.

You're hot - You beast! An animal in the gym and the bedroom
    Ah, I see you've been talking to Mrs. PP again...

I wouldn't consider myself hot yet, but I will get there. Oh yes, I will get there.

-PP

Official weigh-in day...

Weight - 302 lbs. (WTF?)
    Waist - 49.75 inches

I am starting to get discouraged. My weight went up by 2 pounds and my waist stayed exactly the same. I keep saying that I feel stronger. My arms and chest feel stronger (my lifts went up too) and my legs definitely look leaner. My fiance told me the other day that my face looked leaner, but she could just be trying to encourage me.

I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow. Maybe I still have some water weight to drop from carb up. I am not sure that I am back into ketosis yet. Should probably have happened overnight last night, but you never know. If tomorrow's number is significantly different, then I will use that number and make Wednesday my official weigh-in day since it is another day removed from carbup.

I may also have to make my carbups completely clean or just do a cheat MEAL instead of a cheat day. I am eating virtually the identical thing I was eating a little while back when I was steadily dropping 2 pounds a week. I think the only thing I am really doing differently now is the carbups and maybe being much more consistent with my whey postworkout.

OK, I am changing the carbup plan yet again. I am going to stick to the same eating I am doing now, which has worked in the past, and making my carbups every other week for a month. I need to stick to this new plan for a month. Then I'll see what is what. These 30 hour dirty carbups are not working, that is for sure...lol.

New plan...

Week 1:

Sun>Fri - clean keto
    Saturday - clean carbup all day

Week 2:

Sun>Fri afternoon - clean keto
    Friday night - cheat meal
    Saturday - clean keto

Rinse and repeat.

This weekend my fiance and I are going to audition some caterers for our wedding. So, I think this week I will have to make it a Saturday carb up day while trying to keep it as clean as possible. It won't be perfect, but there is little I can do for that day. I have to taste the food. I will skip the Friday night cheat meal. If we go out, it will be clean keto for me. I can always order a salad.

OK, trying not to get discouraged, but it is tough. I am working very hard.

-PP

Argh.

Same exact everything as yesterday. Same weight. Same waist (I mean, the same down to a tenth of an inch, wtf?).

I was curious as to the daily fluctuations in waist measurements so I started checking every morning. Mine has literally been exactly the same (49.75 inches) for over a week now. Bizarre. I thought that there would have to be some fluctuations in this.

Yesterday was the third straight day that I lifted hard AND did cardio. I thought maybe the lack of cardio was slowing my progress, but I don't think that is it since I haven't had an ounce of measurable progress in three days of it.

I am eating about 2500 kcal a day. Maybe this is too little, too much, who knows? I have been waking up in the morning VERY hungry which never happened to me in the past on keto. I am not sure what that is all about. I am eating virtually the exact same thing I did last time on this and never experienced the morning hunger.

I don't know what to do anymore. I guess I'll just keep on keeping on and hope something gives.

-PP

Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The scale is so not your friend on this plan. I've been weighing in apppx every other week in the middle of the week---the carb up makes everything wacky otherwise. I've seen it fluctuate 5-7 pounds overnight up AND down depending on where I am in the week. Don't give up! You can totally do it. I know how frustrating it is to feel "stalled" or stuck, but just keep pushing. I think your new plan about the carb up is going to help a lot.
    Mo
    "...regret is an awful thing--a poisonous luxury. The less you have of it, the better."---Henry Rollins

Thanks for the support Mo.

It is a really crappy feeling being stuck. I feel like I've been the exact same measurements for like 3 weeks (actually, my weight has gone up). I am almost at wit's end.

I need to get some ketostix to make sure I am in ketosis. It is basically impossible for me not to be. My only question would be whether or not my whey shakes were knocking me out after my workout. That could explain why I haven't lost weight despite eating the same thing that got me down to 285 a month or two ago and working out just as hard.

I am going to keep pushing through. Clean carbup this Saturday. I am going to try and avoid wheat products as I think I have a major problem with them. They do really weird things to my stomach that take a few days to go away. I guess I will just eat a ton of oatmeal and chicken breasts.

Anyway, keto again today and tomorrow. If I go out to dinner tomorrow night, I'll order a salad.

I didn't get to the gym last night and I have something to do in the city tonight, so I won't be getting in tonight either. Tomorrow, after work, gym. Saturday, early morning, hopefully the gym. (My fiance and I are meeting with some caterers, not sure if I'll have time beforehand).

I hope this is just a temporary thing, and not a problem with my plan. I am not eating carbs, eating about 2500 kcal a day and working out very hard. I should be losing fat.

I need to get in shape for my wedding which is now just over 11 months away.

-PP

Carbsthe Fat Man's Poison Druluv75's Avatar
    Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whats your typical day of food, training, and cardio? Whats the length of your carb ups.
    "Forget man's so-called logic and find your own metabolic needs." - Vince Gironda

Originally Posted by Druluv75 View Post
    Whats your typical day of food, training, and cardio? Whats the length of your carb ups.
    OK, typical day of food:

7:15 am - 3 fried eggs and a sausage patty - 2 or 3 fish oils, multi
    9:30 am - 3 HB eggs or 2 HB eggs and a strip of bacon
    12:00 pm - salad with egg, cheese and ranch dressing or about a cup of broccoli in blue cheese dressing and an egg and some feta cheese
    2:30 pm - medium chicken breast and 2 oz of cheddar cheese - 2 or 3 fish oils, multi
    5:00 pm - medium chicken breast and 2 oz of cheddar cheese
    6:30-7:15/7:30 - gym. lift 5 days a week (push/pull/legs and abs split). cardio 2 or 3 times (20 minutes medium/high intensity elliptical)
    Post workout -whey in water
    8:00 or 8:30 - dinner. usually a lean protein and a green veggie (I add fat when the protein is lean, like butter in the veggie or sour cream, etc). sometimes steak and asparagus, sometimes chicken caesar salad, sometimes turkey taco salad, pork tenderloin. various things. Sometimes I like to have a glass of red wine at night. More fish oils.

I also drink 3-4 cups of green tea per day.

Carb ups have been inconsistent. Sometimes I basically binge from Friday night through Saturday night eating (and drinking) whatever I want.

When I was having success in the past, I would go out to dinner with my fiance on Friday night and eat whatever I wanted and drink whatever I want for the meal. I would consume a lot of calories from all three macros. Maybe I would have some dark chocolate when I got home too. I would start back into keto eating Saturday morning and would test positive on the ketostix almost immediately.

My new plan is laid out a few posts up... basically do the dirty cheat meal one week on Friday night and then the next week keep that meal clean keto and do a full day CLEAN carb up on Saturday. <-- this is what I am trying to do this week.

This is the same basic plan that worked for me in the past. The only changes as I can see are that I am more consistent with my postworkout whey shake now and my carbups have always been inconsistent.

-PP

I also feel stronger now and have added weight to most of my lifts.

Carbsthe Fat Man's Poison Druluv75's Avatar
    Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright the meals look clean.

If you are getting stronger, then hormonal systems must be functioning well. I would take out the cardio, if you are training 5 days a week. Cardio is not going to help right now.

First you should see how tolerant you are to glucose. Secondly, cut back on any simple sugars during your carb up.

If you are not losing weight and hungry, something is holding up the fat in the fat cells and preventing them to get into circulation to be used as fuel. So you really need to see how your body is reacting to the carb up, if Insulin is not clearing out of circulation quick enough to get the benefits of five day keto-phase, you may need to lengthen the keto phase.

Oh yeah Too Many Meals for the Day. get it down to 3 or 4
    Last edited by Druluv75; 10-18-2007 at 08:22 AM.
    "Forget man's so-called logic and find your own metabolic needs." - Vince Gironda

Originally Posted by Druluv75 View Post
    Alright the meals look clean.

If you are getting stronger, then hormonal systems must be functioning well. I would take out the cardio, if you are training 5 days a week. Cardio is not going to help right now.

First you should see how tolerant you are to glucose. Secondly, cut back on any simple sugars during your carb up.

If you are not losing weight and hungry, something is holding up the fat in the fat cells and preventing them to get into circulation to be used as fuel. So you really need to see how your body is reacting to the carb up, if Insulin is not clearing out of circulation quick enough to get the benefits of five day keto-phase, you may need to lengthen the keto phase.

Oh yeah Too Many Meals for the Day. get it down to 3 or 4
    Would you say a bigger breakfast (maybe 5 eggs and a sausage) to take out the 9:30 meal and combine the two chicken breast and cheese meals?

I am going to see if my new carb up plan has the intended results. I think it basically turns the keto phase into almost two weeks, excluding the one big meal since I get back into ketosis the next morning most times. In fact, I am not actually sure that I even exit ketosis at all.

Thanks.

-PP

Yikes.

So... I feel a bit embarassed right now. I went to the city last night... another step along the life-changing (potentially) process I am still on that I mentioned a few weeks ago... can't say more now since I am at work... hint hint.

Anyway, afterward I met a friend at a bar to watch the Red Sox game. I had five Guinness pints and some chicken tenders and fries.

Now my stomach and my head hurts.

Sleep today after work... back in it to win it tomorrow.

-PP

By the way, great game. Go Sox!

I am no longer going to run and hide when I f*ck up.

Accountability.

I am here today. Tomorrow. Forever. Even when I slip.

-PP

I am proud of you for admitting it, being accountable and wanting to get back on track. I totally understand about beer...it's like diet kryptonite for me.
    Keep on keepin' on!
    Mo

pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey there,

looks like the sox are making a strong effort/comeback so are you. looking forward to the game tonight?

the longer i eat clean, the less that other stuff appeals to me. i'm doing a super clean carb-up tomorrow and wouldn't have it any other way.
    Making the Cut :: 2009 daily fitness and food journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=275946851#post275946851

Originally Posted by pacificgrl View Post
    hey there,

looks like the sox are making a strong effort/comeback so are you. looking forward to the game tonight?

the longer i eat clean, the less that other stuff appeals to me. i'm doing a super clean carb-up tomorrow and wouldn't have it any other way.
    Oh, the Red Sox are slowly killing me. They used to kill me with heart-wrenching defeats... now they are killing me with plenty of opportunities to go to bars and drink beer and eat crap.

Oh well, at least they won. If I had blown my eating up for four days to see them lose, I would be really depressed.

As it is now, I am getting back on track today.

-PP