Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by greekmanman View Post
    Meh, I don't agree with that. Trying to get across your thoughts and points on video is much different than doing so in writing. Not to mention he is speaking freely and pretty much adlib.

I have a similar tendency; when I argue about something I feel strongly about I leave no stone unturned and try to cover every base possible which results in long, winding responses. I also address any possible rebuttals that I will likely see afterwards.
    I watched about 3 minutes of a single vid of his. In those three minutes, what he said could have been shortened to... at most 30 secs.

Public speaking and writing arent that much different. 1. Make a point 2. back up that point with facts 3. reiterate point 4. on to next point 5. end presentation summing up total message of all points. Simple. I also think he uses words that he thinks will make him sound intelligent but you can tell that he doesnt use them as part of his normal vocabulary so it sounds... off. Plus, im not sure he uses them all that well.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    I watched about 3 minutes of a single vid of his. In those three minutes, what he said could have been shortened to... at most 30 secs.

Public speaking and writing arent that much different. 1. Make a point 2. back up that point with facts 3. reiterate point 4. on to next point 5. end presentation summing up total message of all points. Simple. I also think he uses words that he thinks will make him sound intelligent but you can tell that he doesnt use them as part of his normal vocabulary so it sounds... off. Plus, im not sure he uses them all that well.
    I thought this as well but his baby face and his age make it hard to digest those words coming out of his mouth whether he uses them properly or not. It's just not expected which makes it seem forced to me. Intelligent guy either way. Although I will say during his time here I just remember him being a prick with a constant chip on his shoulder.
    Last edited by MASSter; 04-02-2012 at 06:41 PM.

SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOL. Never go full retard
    No Excuses just results

Muscle Gauge Nutrition Rep

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Fair enough.

Just curious though, have you ever spoken on a topic on camera without pausing and uhh'ing?
    Admin @ No Bull**** Bodybuilding: ********.com/nobull****bodybuildingverified

Admin @ No Stress Nutrition

Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage: ********.com/groups/309091175828038/

Live, laugh, love and above all, please stay safe~

FBTK gives you facials.

http://instagram.com/edmaestheticss

tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol hilarious video
    he seems quite mad

also when he misses the box of pop tarts with his hammer, I was laughing hysterically!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123254471
    My Workout Log, Went from XXXXL to XL (updated regularly)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-losing-the-big-one.html
    My bodybuilding.com transformation of the week article!

Follow me on Twitter @TheFitBoss
    www.JordanGrahm.com is now LIVE!

MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tanikR32 View Post
    lol hilarious video
    he seems quite mad

also when he misses the box of pop tarts with his hammer, I was laughing hysterically!
    I wonder if he will get a web redemption on Tosh.O

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fair enough.

Just curious though, have you ever spoken on a topic on camera without pausing and uhh'ing?
    No I havent.

But then again, I dont make vids on youtube and then get mad when ppl make fun of me.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    ITT: spicyprice secretly faps to Ian's vids & uses complaints about them as a cover-up...

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    ITT: spicyprice secretly faps to Ian's vids & uses complaints about them as a cover-up...
    Notenoughgrayhairorcrowsfeet/10

No I havent.

But then again, I dont make vids on youtube and then get mad when ppl make fun of me.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Meh, I don't agree with that. Trying to get across your thoughts and points on video is much different than doing so in writing. Not to mention he is speaking freely and pretty much adlib.

I have a similar tendency; when I argue about something I feel strongly about I leave no stone unturned and try to cover every base possible which results in long, winding responses. I also address any possible rebuttals that I will likely see afterwards.
    This.

Same problem for me. I see every topic not as something restrained within fixed borders, but something that will inevitably branch out all over the place.
    Ian improvises his speeches. He has the general outline of what he's planning to say, but the details come out as the come.

So you might start on one specific point, then realize it touches on another thing and another and another. So getting Fact A across, you'll almost be forced to touch facts B,C,D,E as-well. Making your original statement seem very long - when in truth Ian probably doesn't know how to simply present Fact A out of context - which might be a good thing, because stuff out of context ends up distorting the point.

I sometimes write pages full of stuff and still miss important tidbits of information that I perhaps consider for granted, but alot of readers may not. So my argument comes out as confusing to some.

Like:

"Meal timing is largely irrelevant". Simple enough right? But most people take this the wrong way. To avoid that I'll touch on other related points like - "Except certain benefits can be possible depending on the individual sports in question, training frequency and overall diet. Then there is the consideration of Perceivable energy an individual senses which can influence daily energy expenditure and work-out effectiveness. All of which have a secondary effect on body-composition and strength/development. As such under certain circumstances meal timing can become very important indeed."

And even then I'm not going into details how exactly such benefits can be achieved, how dieting/bulking comes into play etc.

LOL. See I could go on forever breaking the original sentence down to more and more detailed text.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

Interestingly, many people realize that it is a weakness and take some public speaking classes or self study and practice before they do it.

One should be damned sure they are good at something before putting their name on it and publicizing it. But....... that would require someone being honest with themselves about their strengths and weaknesses.

greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ArchangelEST View Post
    This.

Same problem for me. I see every topic not as something restrained within fixed borders, but something that will inevitably branch out all over the place.
    Ian improvises his speeches. He has the general outline of what he's planning to say, but the details come out as the come.

So you might start on one specific point, then realize it touches on another thing and another and another. So getting Fact A across, you'll almost be forced to touch facts B,C,D,E as-well. Making your original statement seem very long - when in truth Ian probably doesn't know how to simply present Fact A out of context - which might be a good thing, because stuff out of context ends up distorting the point.

I sometimes write pages full of stuff and still miss important tidbits of information that I perhaps consider for granted, but alot of readers may not. So my argument comes out as confusing to some.

Like:

"Meal timing is largely irrelevant". Simple enough right? But most people take this the wrong way. To avoid that I'll touch on other related points like - "Except certain benefits can be possible depending on the individual sports in question, training frequency and overall diet. Then there is the consideration of Perceivable energy an individual senses which can influence daily energy expenditure and work-out effectiveness. All of which have a secondary effect on body-composition and strength/development. As such under certain circumstances meal timing can become very important indeed."

And even then I'm not going into details how exactly such benefits can be achieved, how dieting/bulking comes into play etc.

LOL. See I could go on forever breaking the original sentence down to more and more detailed text.
    This^

Interestingly, many people realize that it is a weakness and take some public speaking classes or self study and practice before they do it.

One should be damned sure they are good at something before putting their name on it and publicizing it. But....... that would require someone being honest with themselves about their strengths and weaknesses.
    Fair point once more. In terms of youtube standards though, Ian is far and away above the rest lol

FBTK gives you facials.

Fair point once more. In terms of youtube standards though, Ian is far and away above the rest lol
    Do I really need to say anything about using low standards??? :P

TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if i talked that fast that much my TDEE would be insane.
    You are not a fragile ornament ready to collapse into an exhausted mass of goo simply because you squatted more than once in a 7-day week.

It'd be like preparing your entire life to bang 100 chicks in a row, getting tan, hitting the gym, making sure your hair looks right and reading the Kama Sutra, only to realize when you get there that you're gay and cannot get hard in the presence of women.

king of the nutmisc johnpagnolo's Avatar
    johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You have a personal vendetta against him...srs. You can't judge him based on 3 minutes of a video.

I find his talking to be just fine, he elaborates a lot which is good if you have the time. You obviously don't have the brain power to comprehend his way of communicating. It is ok...you are a woman, ...you have a smaller brain...it is proven...by science.
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It's Youtube. It's an informal way to communicate information. Sure, he could do a better job of relaying it all but he provides invaluable information with fairly reasonable detail. A lot of people who do have concise, quick videos on Youtube practice it beforehand and almost never do it as it goes along.

Originally Posted by TomBremner View Post
    if i talked that fast that much my TDEE would be insane.
    Ian's TDEE is high haha. 5k intake.
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

Originally Posted by johnpagnolo View Post
    You have a personal vendetta against him...srs. You can't judge him based on 3 minutes of a video.

I find his talking to be just fine, he elaborates a lot which is good if you have the time. You obviously don't have the brain power to comprehend his way of communicating. It is ok...you are a woman, ...you have a smaller brain...it is proven...by science.
    lol wtf?

Do I really need to say anything about using low standards??? :P
    I'm lost lol

FBTK gives you facials.

Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    I thought this as well but his baby face and his age make it hard to digest those words coming out of his mouth whether he uses them properly or not. It's just not expected which makes it seem forced to me. Intelligent guy either way. Although I will say during his time here I just remember him being a prick with a constant chip on his shoulder.
    I dont think its his age....... I have known some incredibly intelligent people who were all different ages and they speak quite naturally. Ian..... forced and trying to prove something (and doing a poor job at it.)

Greekman... Just thought of something. A good friend of mine just practiced a presentation he has for school on a complex biochem topic and he presented it to me via g-chat video. Did a great job because he is legit genius (IMO) and uses words that he is comfortable using.

t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree with with Spicy above regarding the length problem. For people interested in what he has to stay from the start (all of us), the videos seem great, thorough, and informative.

But if the goal is a broader audience (BroNation), you're going to need to make the presentation more palatable. Everything he includes is useful, but at some point you have to omit some content for the sake of presentation. Every student can relate to this right? Word limits on essays, personal statements, or papers? Time limits on presentations?
    America's Team Always - Dallas Cowboys

"Who is wise? He who learns from every man."

johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    He is starting a 'science in 30 second' series I believe. Srs.

you.mad.

you.mad.
    considering you have spent more time attacking Ian's videos then you have spent watching his videos....ahhhhh

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have a personal vendetta against him...srs.
    Yeah...it's a giant conspiracy against Ian.

/facepalm for the rest of your post too.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    This kid is strong than Cory.

It isn't fair to count children's deadlifts as true deadlifts for strength comparisons however... not because they pull a short distance per se but because their much shorter limbs many of them are starting with the bar almost to their knee, which makes the lift comparable to a rack pull in terms of start position and execution.

considering you have spent more time attacking Ian's videos then you have spent watching his videos....ahhhhh
    Dont need to watch a never-ending-always-mad video on youtube when I can read Lyle McDonald's site--- information i trust. PLUS, Lyle is far more witty.

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You obviously don't have the brain power to comprehend his way of communicating. It is ok...you are a woman, ...you have a smaller brain...it is proven...by science.
    This.

Spicy needs to know her limits.
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

Rut ROw...... Looks like I might end up with ugliness, premature aging, and beard growth!!

Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's true that women do have smaller brains, but false to believe that has any real implication in their intelligence relative to men. Phrenetics is dead, people. It's dead.
    All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.

well spicyprice especially has a smaller brain. Maybe if she keeps talkin' sh*t Ian will call her out in a video. Maybe he can make one attention whoring and use her as a case study.

just broke your 16000 rep cherry bike brah.