Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by leandrodoze View Post
    Thanks for the input!

In this case, does carb source matter? Would any fruit be fine? — Like banana, apple, pear, papaya, etc. I'm brazilian.
    Low glycemic is better so you don't crash, so apple and pears are great
    Follow me on Twitter and Instagram --> @themuscleprof

DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrJacobWilson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BrianKilpatrick View Post
    Hi!

So, I'm what you could call "skinny fat". I look not bad with clothes on, but as soon as the shirt comes off.. Well, it's not pretty. I did a bit of bulking during the fall and winter months, and now with the 200K Transformation, I've started my cut. I'm afraid I'll cut down like before, and still be skinny fat. Is the bulking/cutting method the best way to get rid of the "skinny fat" look, or is there a better way of going about this?

Thank you in advance!
    I think just avoiding extremes is ideal, with very moderate bulks (0.5 to 1 lb a week) and more conservative cuts. Also its a process buddy, bodybuilding takes time

Originally Posted by McWinning View Post
    Similar to the early morning workout question mentioning low carbs, I been following your project mass and eat mainly eggs and egg whites wit some veggies so practically zero carbs and high fat to kick in "fat as fuel"

Sometimes I also have to go to work early so what is best to replace that meal if time is short? Whey protein and coconut oil?
    Or whey protein and heavy cream cause the same effect?
    Id mix whey, coconut oil, and heavy cream pal!

Originally Posted by kisuke View Post
    Hi Dr. Wilson,

I signed up for an early morning bootcamp to go along with the challenge. The problem is that I seem to be geting ammonia sweats (yuck) 20-30 minutes in. The intensity of the class is hard, but not really terrible enough that I would think it would cause muscle breakdown. (I have had ammonia sweats before, but that was after a 3-hour training seminar without eating during it...) I'm not low carb, or low calorie. I think I'm around 2000-2500 calories daily. What would be the best way to fuel to prevent this from happening? Eat more at night? Eat beforehand? I am up about 45 minutes before the class starts. Should I stop working out immediately if I sense this happening?

Thanks!
    Try having some whey and coconut oil, the ketones spare muscle and throw in some hmb

Originally Posted by Derekcerva View Post
    Hello,

I am currently doing your project mass trainer, reason being i have stalled at a weight loss effort and even gained some pounds and felt that I may have been in a deficit for too long. My question would be at around 20% bf would i be able to run this program at a maintenance diet and can i.e. expect to ad quality muscle while still losing fat at a decent rate? Or at that BF would i be able to theoretically be in a deficit for long periods of time without worry about it? The volume in the program isn't a problem as far as me not eating enough my body has always ben able to handle a lot of volume i assume because of my bf %. I currently follow a carbackloading protocol.

I usually range from 250g Protein a day
    150-250C
    100-150-F
    depending on volume per day (0-30 carb on non training days)

208lbs 20%bf
    Squat-300lbs
    bench 250lbs
    dead-370lbs

if that helps at all.Sorry food the long response, just trying to get as much of my info out to make it easier to determine, Thanks!
    I believe if you ran it at maintenance you'd just do a sort of body recomp with losing fat and gaining muscle at moderate rates

Originally Posted by PowerOmen View Post
    I'm following your Project Mass and I have a question about the macros. I'm having hard time having enough carbs within the calories limit. I usually get about 20-50g more protein and 50-100g less carbs. I have been trying to keep the calories pretty strict to what you recommend. How damaging it is to the program of having the macros like this and not exactly how they "should" be? Is it OK as long as I have at least the recommended amount of protein and the total calories level is followed?
    I think your modifications are ok. Ultimately it still has to be tailored to every individual

leandrodoze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DrJacobWilson View Post
    Id mix whey, coconut oil, and heavy cream pal!
    Doc, when I did ask you about eat a piece of fruit before early morning workout and still get those "metabolism programing", I also was considering to ask you about drink whey with coconut oil instead, since coconut oil is ~50% MCT and would quickly be available as fuel, but i didn't think about heavy cream, since it would take ~3h to get digested and theoretically it also would slow down the whey digestion.

Does what I said make any sense?

PS: Whey mixed with heavy cream or coconut milk, ice and coffee is so freaking yummy!

builddec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

body fat and muscle gain

hi doc was just wondering, I've been training for some years now. I'm a very active person, do a hard manual job, but even if i eat my six meals plus aday, plus cardio one or twice a week i never seem to put on muscle, or lose body fat///////
    my strength goes through the roof but it take me a life time to see any progress.
    I've entered into the $200k transformation to try and push my self, but it just gets me down wen i train and eat well, and see vey little progress, any help would be appreciated.

SebasSanchez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am training my muscles with 3 to 4 days of rest, is it enought rest?

Also I am taking Pre-BCAA-Protein, should I take the BCAA during workout?

Rooney642 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi Dr jacob I was wondering do we enter our weekly challenge videos to youtube or bodybuilding.com? in week 2 it didnt clarify and i just wanted to be sure! thanks!

santos98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello my name is Jose . I am trying to post the second week challenge inspiration but I can't get in the web mentioned. Can you help. Thank you

santos98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Inspiration

Hi my name is Jose . Do I post this inspiration on my body log or elsewhere. Can you please let me know

doszpodlaszlo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Doc,

I would have a few question for you, and I would be highly appreciated if you could answer them. would be really helpful.

In my diet i consume 2610 calories ( 15xbodyweight) with 1.3g of protein / pound , 20% of my calories come from fat and the rest come from carbs. All together its : 280g protein 237g carbs and 60g fats. 35% of my carbs before training ( I train in the morning ) 20% carbs in peri-workout shake with 40g protein, 25% of my carbs after training meal, another 15% with the second meal after training and 5% come from veggies. I do not eat fats together with carbs. I started my diet in 214 pounds, and in one week I have already lost 4 kgs.

Can I ask you if it is better to consume my protein+carbs shake intra(peri) workout, or after workout?
    The reason I am having it intra training because as I know, if you having carbs intra training it can have a really good effect on sparing muscle tissue thanks for the increased level of insulin witch is blocks cortisol. And you have more energy while you train so you can have a more intense workout and can save stored glycogen in your muscles by using the glucose from dextrose in my shake. After training I am having 5g Bcaa + 5 g creatine monohydrate and half hour later a normal meal. but lot of people do the other way around, to have 5-10g bcaa intra workout and have the carb+protein shake after.

Witch one would be better Doc ?

Another question I would have is about TUT training. I started to use time under tension in ALL the exercises in ALL of my workout normally longer the negativ phase with faster concetric. Basically I try to follow Ben Pakulski and Charles Poliquin training philosophy. The question is do you think is more effective to train with TUT than using a normal tempo with heavier weights ? Because I felt improvemnt but still cannot decide if I should go back to train heavier and go back to use normal tempo or stay with TUT.

About Cardio Training.

I am a really BIG fan of doing HIIT sprint on the Curve treadmill or in a spinbike, or do a functional HIIT training with kettlebells.

My question is witch is the optimal time to do HIIT ?Is it make any difference If I do if immediately after weights, or like 5 hours later, after having 2 meals ? In theory i know it have better metabolic response if you separate the two, because you body needs to speed up 2 times, and you can have a more intense HIIT session thanks to the refueled glycogen stores. BUT is it make any difference ? Because it is hard to manage to train 2 times a day, so is it still optimal, to do in the same time ?

I have only one more question

Previously when I cut down I went down to 5% bodyfat, my diet worked really well, but my total calories and macros was VERY different.

3000 calories / 55%protein/25%carbs/20%fat = 412/187/67

Worked really well, but I was like a zombie, I never had energy for anything, i felt stupid, basically i suffered for 3 months. few weeks ago Talked with someone who nows about diet and he told me that i could be happy that my kidneys is still funciton.

Do you think that my current diet is better than the previous one ? Is 280g protein enough to spare the tissues ? is in that bad that i have like 66% of my previous protein intake, witch is a huge defficit?

I would be really really happy, If you would answer my questions Doc.

Have a nice day

SebasSanchez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Help asap

I tend to acumulate fat, a lot of fat in my chest and my external oblique. And one of my biggest problem es making my biceps grow....
    Any tips? I usuaylly do 4 to 5 exercises of biceps.

Doctor, is there a way for me to contact you privately, maybe twitter inbox? I am from Guatemala and really need help to achieve my goals

thanks

xIApolloIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I was hoping you could provide me some insight. I am 34 years old 5'8 and as of today I weigh 357lbs. I am firmly committed to loosing all this weight. And I want to gain as much muscle and burn as much fat as I can. Currently my workouts are. 6 days a week Mon. Arms Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Chest, Abs. Tue. Traps, Lats, Middle back, Lower back, Torso extensions. Wed. Quads, Hamstrings, Calves Abduction, Adduction. Then I repeat Monday on Thursday, Tuesday on Friday and Wed. on Saturday. I do 3 exercises of 4 set with 12 reps per group, and my workouts take close to 2 hours. I take a vitamin supplement pack every day, Eat high protein meals and drink protein shakes with creatin and BCAA between all my meals, and I take one smaller shake right when I go to bed.

I would like to know your advice on this, if This is too much, and could hinder progress or if as long as I can handle it, to stick with it. To be honest I wish I could go harder and do more. I used to be a Martial artist and Boxer, and after a few good injuries, I stopped working out. It did not take long for me to gain a lot of weight, And Now I want it gone!! But I want to be safe about it. I have all but destroyed my right knee, a long with other injuries that make working out at my weight a challenge at times. I would really appreciate any advice on my workout.

Thank you,
    -Apollo

deloachrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Dr. Wilson,

I am 6ft7in, 280 pounds, and 11.1% bodyfat (did hydrostatic). My goal is to get to 6-7% bodyfat, weight around 265 by the end of the contest. I store most of my fat in my abs and obliques. I need to lose about 15 pounds of FAT to reach that goal.

Any Suggestions on how to target the fat in my stomach?

Thank you Doc!
    Tailor-Made by RaShane. Customized Fitness and Health Programs! Keep it simple approach!

LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Dr. Wilson. I am a mesomorph, according bobybuilding.com body type result. I am currently following Arnold's Blueprint. Is this workout routine a good one to follow for my body type?

LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Dr. Wilson. Where exactly do I post the 2nd week #200KTransform challenge picture?

wo4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello there Muscle Prof. I just watched your video and wanted some clarity on the challenge of this week and how to post. I am not too keen on this twitter or instagram stuff, I have ********, and I actually got a Twitter account for one of BB previous challenges. That is usually where we are to post the @ and # notations, right? Do we post a video on Twitter? Could we post a picture or video on any one of those social networks? How do you guys see what we post in order to be in the runnings for the judging of the weekly contest? In your video I did not catch WHERE we are to post. And did you say #200kchallenge@bodybuildingcomthemuscleprof@dymati ze? From what I remember of trying out twitter, you do not have that much space. Could you lend me some guidance of where and how to post this weeks challenge? Thanks so much. I will probably come back to your site and ask more workout and nutrition related questions, now that I know you are here. Thanks, I appreciate your help

KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinF88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by santos98 View Post
    Hi my name is Jose . Do I post this inspiration on my body log or elsewhere. Can you please let me know
    You post it on social media (********, Twitter, or Instagram). Use the hashtag #200KTransform and tag @Bodybuildingcom and @Dymatize

Box123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have been working at loosing weight and increasing muscle mass for 20 months. Lost 45lbs and a lot of inches, increased a lot of muscle as well, although I'm not sure of amounts. I work out 6-7 days a week, including lifting, kickboxing and endurance, I eat clean and measure my macros, however the weight comes off rather slow for the effort and dedication put in.

Any thoughts?
    Don't Stop Until You're Proud!

jashley428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto Diet

My question is when I am doing a keto diet, what should the cycle look like? I read an article that talks about doing a weekend carb load from Friday night into Saturday night. What are the benefits to doing a carb load? Could it backfire in my goals of fat loss?

Thanks so much for your help!

-Jessica Ashley

BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100) BodyMatrixxx is not very well liked. (-100)
    awesome :O

Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cchavez1319 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Dr. Wilson,
    I have a question about energy drinks. Do you think they are ok? Specifically not the ones with a bunch of sugar, but the sugar free ones? I drink one Xyience each day before my workouts, about 5 cans per week. It seems to help my energy level for cardio. If used in moderation are they ok?

Cheriebooboo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by leandrodoze View Post
    Thanks for the input!

In this case, does carb source matter? Would any fruit be fine? — Like banana, apple, pear, papaya, etc. I'm brazilian.
    Thanks for posing and answering the same question in my mind. i work out after my fat and protein breakfast and didn't consume any carbs but only after with a shake. i find that my muscle is growing so i guess this is ok.

Cheriebooboo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dear Muscle Prof.,

Great to have you here for us. I am on day 46 of your Project Mass and am loving it so far but i have one issue. My pull strength is weak and i cannot properly do a pull up/ chin up without assistance. Should I be adding more sets or other back exercises (if so which exercises?) to strengthen my back on the "pull days"?

PowerOmen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the previous answer. I have another question that I've been wondering.

You recommend eating "good" carb sources like full wheat pasta and brown rice. What are the reasons for this? Is the fiber intake the only reason? What if I use fiber supplement product, could I then have the carbs from "bad" sources like standard jasmine rice? I've seen several pro bodybuilders preferring "bad" carb sources as they are more easy to the ingestion system. Of course pro bodybuilders eat a lot more carbs than I do, so they may get too much fiber if they would eat only full wheat?.

Thanks already for the answer and your project mass

Registered User simonepatriciak's Avatar
    simonepatriciak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Doc!

I need some advice please!
    I am 2 weeks into my diet. Eating 1500cal (150gP/150gC/33gF).
    I am 166cm (think that's 5'4"??) and roughly around 65kg (143lbs).
    I am handling hunger periods very well because I eat 5 small meals a day but I am struggling with fatigue immensely! (I don't really get too hungry, I just get extremely tired)

Also I haven't seen any visible changes in my physique yet (the scale/measurements hasn't moved much either.)

I am doing weights (heavy, 12-15reps) 5 times a week and HIIT cardio twice a week for 20min.

1. Are there any supplements I could take/things I could do to fight/prevent fatigue (I am already taking a multi and an iron supplement)

2. Should I change my macros or up the cardio to see changes or should I just be a bit more patient?

I am putting a lot of effort into this and am super strict with my macros and training because I really want to see changes this time (and frankly I am scared that I put in all this effort and not see results because I am doing something wrong)

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!! Thank you!

Johndmmccullah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Keto and carbs around workouts

Hey Dr. Wilson, I'm currently doing project mass(best program I've ever done, love the variety of exercises and techniques). I'm on a keto diet, I've been gaining strength but on my hypertrophy days are starting to suffer, I'm still lifting heavier than ever before so I know I'm pushing myself, but I feel like I have more in my tank but I gas out to fast. My question is now that I'm in ketosis im going to start adding 30 carbs around workouts. Curious if I should add them hour before, after training, or split 15 on each side of the workout. Also I'm eating rice cakes(mainly for the convience) is that carb source acceptable. I'm also getting greens with every meal so I'm not completely abondoning carbs. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your input.

mb6330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile weekly challenges

Just wondering where to post a video or pic for the weekly challenges?

Thanks