Closed Thread
Page 327 of 333 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,810 of 9967
    y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) y2zipper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just finished cycle 1 week 3 heavy day. Can't help but feel like a few things are off, but I can fix that when I test.

Registered User AlwaysBeShepard's Avatar
    AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Been doing this for about 4 weeks now, but I noticed my rear delts aren't getting any attention.

My front delts are already about twice the size of my rear delts and I feel like I should be doing some reverse flies to balance it out.
    Anyone else had this issue and what did you do about it?

I also feel like I'm not hitting traps or side delts at all. If adding a couple isolation exercise won't hurt then I'll do that but I'd like advice from more experienced folk before I go messing with the routine.

Other than that I'm loving this program and progressing much more than I was on my previous improvised routines.

Edit: I just went back and re-read the FAQ. Apparently I'm not allowed to add any exercises until I've done 3 cycles

But seriously though, my traps seem to get 0 work and my rear delts only get minimal work from the bent over rows, I don't see how they're meant to grow if they're not being stimulated. And I can't see how a couple of sets of shrugs and rear delt flyes would make any of my other lifts stall.
    If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it!

Edit2: Just noticed bicep curls can be substituted for upright rows which would hit traps and side delts, so in my next cycle I'll do them instead of curls and add some reverse flyes. Problem solved
    Last edited by AlwaysBeShepard; 06-17-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Registered User thousandreasons's Avatar
    thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10) thousandreasons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysBeShepard View Post
    Been doing this for about 4 weeks now, but I noticed my rear delts aren't getting any attention.

My front delts are already about twice the size of my rear delts and I feel like I should be doing some reverse flies to balance it out.
    Anyone else had this issue and what did you do about it?

I also feel like I'm not hitting traps or side delts at all. If adding a couple isolation exercise won't hurt then I'll do that but I'd like advice from more experienced folk before I go messing with the routine.

Other than that I'm loving this program and progressing much more than I was on my previous improvised routines.

Edit: I just went back and re-read the FAQ. Apparently I'm not allowed to add any exercises until I've done 3 cycles

But seriously though, my traps seem to get 0 work and my rear delts only get minimal work from the bent over rows, I don't see how they're meant to grow if they're not being stimulated. And I can't see how a couple of sets of shrugs and rear delt flyes would make any of my other lifts stall.
    If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it!

Edit2: Just noticed bicep curls can be substituted for upright rows which would hit traps and side delts, so in my next cycle I'll do them instead of curls and add some reverse flyes. Problem solved
    You've been doing the program for 4 weeks, that's hardly enough time to notice a difference.

Add some face pulls in for your rear delts tho. Everyone should do these IMO to avoid shoulder imbalances.
    Pursuing NZ Aesthetics.

RIP Zyzz, gone but not forgotten brah.

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148951783

bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    failed bench press @ 135lbs. prior to surgery i was doing 10 reps @ 155. this workout really takes a lot out of you after 5 weeks. first set i hit 10, second set i hit 8 ... da fkkk? last week i did 11/11

almost failed shoulder press but i pushed that last rep out. i refused to fail.

cycle 2 starts next week after i do medium and light this week.

even though i haven't been doing squats, SLDL or weighted calf raises, i do see progress and i have gained about 5lbs weight.

can't wait to start squatting again.. sooooon.

noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FitnessFan76 View Post
    How did you do that incidentally?
    step 1.. don't panic step 2.. put one end of the bar on the floor step 3.. use that end as fulcrum and push up on other side, and then sit up. it will be better if you have rubber mat, so the fulcrum end doesn't slide when you push up.

i thought of rolling the bar onto my chest, down my stomach.. but that would have been painful i think.

Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anteeke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    officially started the program finally, so Cycle 1 Week 1 Heavy day was a success and I feel good. Gonna have to puhs myself once I get to weeks 4 and 5 to get those extra reps but I know I can do it if I just sleep decent and eat good.
    New stack:
    Gaspari Myofusion ProBiotic
    iForce Hemavol
    CL Orange OxiMega
    CL Orange Triad
    Scivation Xtend

I rep back 100%
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by noobydooby View Post
    step 1.. don't panic step 2.. put one end of the bar on the floor step 3.. use that end as fulcrum and push up on other side, and then sit up. it will be better if you have rubber mat, so the fulcrum end doesn't slide when you push up.

i thought of rolling the bar onto my chest, down my stomach.. but that would have been painful i think.
    Thanks buddy; that's good to know.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aceedkins View Post
    So guys, here is where I am after 3 months of Strong Lifts and about 1 and 2/3 cycle of AP: /imgur (dot) com/a/Vemlo

I have a decent amount of unwanted fat around my midsection and chest, but I'm still pretty damn scrawny... Should I continue to bulk or reduce calories? Note that I have not had a good diet at all the past 4 months, being on a university meal plan with very limited food options made it impossible. I will be home in a week where I will have full control of my diet, however.
    Would love to get some more input.

Registered User Electrophoresis's Avatar
    Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Electrophoresis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Week 1 test day today, looking forward to it! Only lift I think I may fail are curls

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by aceedkins View Post
    So guys, here is where I am after 3 months of Strong Lifts and about 1 and 2/3 cycle of AP: /imgurdotcom/a/Vemlo

I have a decent amount of unwanted fat around my midsection and chest, but I'm still pretty damn scrawny... Should I continue to bulk or reduce calories? Note that I have not had a good diet at all the past 4 months, being on a university meal plan with very limited food options made it impossible. I will be home in a week where I will have full control of my diet, however.
    You're pretty much in the same boat as me. It's a tricky one - we both want to get 'aesthetic', but if you cut with very little muscle mass to start with you'll just end up looking 'skinny with abs'. Or even 'skinny without abs'. Personally, I'm going to continue bulking; I reckon I'll see how things stand when I'm 140lbs; although I'd love to get rid of the fat as soon as possible, if I cut now I'll just look skinny. With any luck by then I would've put on some mass, so I can cut to get rid of the fat. Once that's done, slow bulk to 160lbs or thereabouts.

That post makes it sound so easy; I know it isn't - there will be ups and downs along the way and I'm not just talking about the scales. Just yesterday I was having one of those 'who are you trying to kid' days - I'm sure we all get them sometimes.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's the point I got to. Do I continue to cut and lose the last of my belly, only to end up looking like an even wimpier skinny wimp? Or do I start to bulk and put on some muscle before losing the last of the fat? I went with the latter.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

Originally Posted by GKC45 View Post
    That's the point I got to. Do I continue to cut and lose the last of my belly, only to end up looking like an even wimpier skinny wimp? Or do I start to bulk and put on some muscle before losing the last of the fat? I went with the latter.
    That's just it. As long as I've got a shirt on, I look reasonably fit - and I'm beginning to notice broadening across the chest/shoulders; some shirts feel tighter across that area than they did. Were I to cut now, I'd just look skinny - with or without a shirt.

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GKC45 View Post
    That's just it. As long as I've got a shirt on, I look reasonably fit - and I'm beginning to notice broadening across the chest/shoulders; some shirts feel tighter across that area than they did. Were I to cut now, I'd just look skinny - with or without a shirt.
    These are exactly right. Occasionally at the end of the day I look at myself in the mirror and think that it's time for a cut. Then I look at myself in the mirror the next morning when I'm no longer bloated from eating and I realize how skinny I still am.. lol.
    My Reviews and Logs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152226283

Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why is it necessary to have medium and light days every week? All the other routines on this site recommend deloading every 4-6 weeks or when you stall out.

Also, is it ok to add in certian exercises now that i have been doing this program for about 6 months? I noticed that my upper back doesn't get very much attention on this program.

Originally Posted by Katie4004 View Post
    Why is it necessary to have medium and light days every week? All the other routines on this site recommend deloading every 4-6 weeks or when you stall out.

Also, is it ok to add in certian exercises now that i have been doing this program for about 6 months? I noticed that my upper back doesn't get very much attention on this program.
    Six months? Sure; you can add one exercise after only three cycles - you've obviously done a lot more than that. How about pullups?

Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Six months? Sure; you can add one exercise after only three cycles - you've obviously done a lot more than that. How about pullups?
    I was thinking rear delt flys and shoulder shrugs.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most of the other routines don't build you up to 12 rep sets. Those weekly deloads are what makes this work at the higher reps. I imagine that after 6 months on the program, you're medium day doesn't exactly feel like a vacation. Mine sure doesn't and I've only been doing it for 4 months.

Shrugs are a great one to add. I do them right after curls and before calves.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1SickKunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why is it that my arms never get sore? but all the other parts of my body do? the day after i workout i can usually feel it mostly in my legs, upper back, shoulder area but my arms never get sore, and i am lifting heavy

Is it safe to look sideways at the mirror while doing SLDL/BOR to ensure my back is remaining flat? That's the only way I can be sure, but if it will eventually lead to injury I'll just trust that I'm doing it right. I'm not getting any lower back pain, and the mild lower back stiffness I used to have with SLDL at the very beginning has stopped happening now.

javisM25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm trying to begin this program but In question 2 in the FAQ "Q2: How do I know what weight I should get started with for each exercise in the routine?" The link isn't working. Can someone post a working link for me? Thanks

Originally Posted by javisM25 View Post
    I'm trying to begin this program but In question 2 in the FAQ "Q2: How do I know what weight I should get started with for each exercise in the routine?" The link isn't working. Can someone post a working link for me? Thanks
    In my sig.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is it safe to look sideways at the mirror while doing SLDL/BOR to ensure my back is remaining flat? That's the only way I can be sure, but if it will eventually lead to injury I'll just trust that I'm doing it right. I'm not getting any lower back pain, and the mild lower back stiffness I used to have with SLDL at the very beginning has stopped happening now.
    No, keep your head forward in a neutral position. Brace your core prior to bending over, you will feel when your back starts to slip out of position.

If in doubt, video your sets and review each one.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    No, keep your head forward in a neutral position. Brace your core prior to bending over, you will feel when your back starts to slip out of position.

If in doubt, video your sets and review each one.
    Thanks for the reply, Delta; will do. Medium day tomorrow - my legs are still done from Monday's heavy day!!

TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Would running hills 2x a week on the light and medium days be too taxing with all the squats and DLs?

Originally Posted by TheRealTmac View Post
    Would running hills 2x a week on the light and medium days be too taxing with all the squats and DLs?
    I wouldn't do any running on any lifting day personally.

mthawkins08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use my 10 rep max weight, correct? For the first week.

Also, 5 minute job warmup?

Last question: My gym doesn't have free barbells.
    Only on the track that can be locked.
    Power track I believe it's called.
    Can all the exercises be done on them

Originally Posted by mthawkins08 View Post
    I use my 10 rep max weight, correct? For the first week.

Also, 5 minute job warmup?

Last question: My gym doesn't have free barbells.
    Only on the track that can be locked.
    Power track I believe it's called.
    Can all the exercises be done on them
    Something like this?

That's a Smith Machine.

Something like this?

That's a Smith Machine.
    Correct! That's it

Originally Posted by mthawkins08 View Post
    Correct! That's it
    I'm no expert, but I think Stiff Legged Deadlift might be a bit awkward to do in one of those, and I don't like the sound of squatting in one either.

Don't you have other options as far as gyms go? A gym should really have at least three barbells around.

Within my budget, not really. I see people doin squats with the smith machine. It's easily rested on your back/shoulder, but the stiff leg would seem pretty awkward.

They do have smaller barbells that range from 20-60 pounds. But I'm not sure if that would be enough for the stiff leg portion. Any other alternatives?

And to clarify, I do use the 10 rep max
    Weight?

Closed Thread
Page 327 of 333 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 ... LastLast