Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Haha, that sounds like some EXPERIENCE coming through in those comments, lol.

If I am lucky enough to get to go to Vegas, you should def come on down, that would be so awesome. If nothing else, I am bringing some friends and the whole fam to Columbus, OH for the Arnold. I'm going to try and get in the "Pump and Run"!!!

Originally Posted by ekaczmar View Post
    Looking awesome my friend!! Leaner and more muscular!!

As for shredded!! You are shredded just look at those pics next time when you are little "fatter" and you will wish you were ripped like that again!!

As I told you, I might have to buy tickets for Mr. O this year just to meet you!!
    advertising not permitted

ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would like to add one thing. You should have used pro-tan or something else to paint u before the pics to get a deep dark look. All your muscles would POP even more!!

Yes I am speaking from experience. However, I am slowly getting back to where I was a few months ago

kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kennknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, I've never had a tan in my life, so when my wife bought me a gift cert for an organic spray, I jumped on it, but admittedly, the contrast of my pasty whiteness to what I did have done was VERY noticeable, and it was the lowest one you could get. I will have to build my way to anything darker - which, they do have "bodybuilder" as one of the choices. The lady was sure to tell me that At first she had told me she was going to do dark, then changed to "original" when she saw how GHOSTLY I was, lol!

I think more than anything, the lighting could have been more "harsh" and downward, and that would have helped my self-esteem more, lol. The guy who did them is used to taking pictures of tape products for use on the internet. He did a fantastic job, it was great experience. I just don't know that I got the complete desired effect that I had in my mind.

Oh, that and I had NO WATER for about a day and half, then not really thinking, on the way to the shoot, I thought I'd drink some Juggernaut to see if I could get some good vascularity, and I think it backfired in the sense that the 12oz of water that I drank was probably taken by my body and stored under the skin in an effort to conserve water (thinking it wasn't going to get any...) I don't know, I screwed something up in last day though... because I have better vacularity sitting here at my desk at work than I did that day!!!

I would like to add one thing. You should have used pro-tan or something else to paint u before the pics to get a deep dark look. All your muscles would POP even more!!

Yes I am speaking from experience. However, I am slowly getting back to where I was a few months ago

WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kennknee View Post
    Day 86 - Yard Work, then Tennis

Just because I'm taking the week "off", doesn't mean that I'm not going to go play tennis tonight

First, I'm heading out to do some yard work.

I realize that I'm about as "CITY" as they come, but I did grow up in Kansas, and I bought this hat, kind of as a joke on the way to my best friend's wedding (he had moved to Wyoming, of all places!). I promised my wife that I would get good use of it, that I would wear it to work in the yard, keep the sun off my pasty white skin. So, being prideful and not willing to back down from what I said, I have to wear it, no matter how silly she thinks I look - but I kinda like it. It makes me feel like I'm doing "farm work", whatever that is. I'll go mow my .25 acre now, LOL.
    I played some tennis last night - 92 degrees when we started! HOT!!!
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Nutrution and Wellness Consultant
    Amercian Fitness Professionals and Associates

WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000) WildBill22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome final write up and reviews Kenny! This journal will become a reference point for future JUGGERNAUT challeners. You have been one of the leaders of this challenge with your tremendous support that you shown your fellow competitors as well as the support for IL on ********.

Finishing the challenge is bittersweet (I think I used that same expression in my final review) - but great things are ahead for you my friend!!

I'm sure our paths will cross - I will be at the Arnold for sure next spring and possibly the Olympia this year.
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Nutrution and Wellness Consultant
    Amercian Fitness Professionals and Associates

Yeah, it was hot here too. Totally screwed up my spray on tan... I look like I have Dyschromia... it's kind of funny. I just wasn't meant to stay tan I guess, hahaha.

Originally Posted by WildBill22 View Post
    I played some tennis last night - 92 degrees when we started! HOT!!!

Also, thank you for the kind words on my Challenge wrap up. I'm still here, they can't rid of me that easy!!!

ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekaczmar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No spray on tan Kenn. My wife actually painted me before the ON contest. It wasnt a tan, but 2 layers of bodybuilding paint There is a link to the product -> http://www.amazon.com/Performance-In...ywords=pro+tan

Ahhh... I see. I will look at that for the future

No spray on tan Kenn. My wife actually painted me before the ON contest. It wasnt a tan, but 2 layers of bodybuilding paint There is a link to the product -> http://www.amazon.com/Performance-In...ywords=pro+tan

Day 88 - Smackdown

That's the name of one of my indoor volleyball teams. I imagine that Henry would get a good kick out of that being the big wrestling fan that he is

We waxed the floor with our opponent yesterday. This team is a lot different than my sand or my other indoor team. This is a collection of people that are all a little older (mostly late 30's, but one guy is 50ish). The older guy though is a former beach vball semi-pro, so he always know where to be and he knows when to turn up the volume and when to get crafty. I'm more of a straight power guy. I'm like the Closer in baseball who throws 100mph and says, "Just try and hit my fastball." I always get a kick out of people who get excited that they got a finger on a block or something, BUT I STILL GOT THE KILL AND THE POINT. Anyway, I'm learning a lot from this "Crafty" guy, but I still love to bring the HEAT!!!

Last edited by kennknee; 06-22-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 88 - Smackdown

That's the name of one of my indoor volleyball teams. I imagine that Henry would get a good kick out of that being the big wrestling fan that he is

We waxed the floor with our opponent yesterday. This team is a lot different than my sand or my other indoor team. This is a collection of people that are all a little older (mostly late 30's, but one guy is 50ish). The older guy though is a former beach vball semi-pro, so he always know where to be and he knows when to turn up the volume and when to get crafty. I'm more a straight power guy. I'm like the Closer in baseball who throws a 100mph and says, "Just try and hit my fasetball." I always get a kick out of people who get excited that they got a finger on a block or something, BUT I STILL GOT THE KILL AND THE POINT. Anyway, I'm learning a lot from this "Crafty" guy, but I still love to bring the HEAT!!!

thats great that you get to do other sports my time is limited and what I love to do I can't anymore so it's all gym traiing. Now.

Day 89 - Birds on a Bat

'Birds on a Bat' is the name of my softball team. Obviously it's a take on my beloved Cardinals. The "real" Cardinals put a beating on my childhood team, the Royals. My softball didn't put a beating on anybody. We were bad tonight, offensively and defensively. I personally, was on base every at bat with solid singles, but that's not saying much since I only scored once. Uggh. I'm kinda ready for this REST week to be over. I'm ready to hit the gym LONG AND HARD on Sunday morning!!! I'm ready to get back on my Juggernaut HP - I went TOTALLY supp and vitamin free this week, and I was dragging rear every afternoon...

qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm looking forward to your next routine! I'm sure you will reach new heights again!
    My Juggernaut Journey -- http://tinyurl.com/7jknbjn

Follow @qtguy
    http://www.********.com/qtguy

"keep moving forward"
    "inch by inch, life's a cinch"

sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharlamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you so much for visiting my page and showing such support and encouragement!
    SharlaMay
    My Goals stop for no one!! Either you support me or I make it happen alone. Either way it's gonna happen!

Day 91 - Jim Stoppani and the start of 12 Weeks Shortcut To Size

Starting my a new program today. It's a video trainer from bb.com (kinda like the Kris Gethin trainer that I did previously). I really like the process of watching the video the night before (or morning of) as MOTIVATION for my workout. It also gives me an idea of what to expect. This one comes with a pretty detailed Nutrition Plan and Supplement Stack. It's really going to be imperative that I do the nutrition part right, as I believe that's been holding me back - not the types of foods - but the amount. I've really changed my lifestyle in that regard and have really revamped that part of my life which, I believe has lead to most of the "success" that I have had in getting healthier. I am still RELATIVELY new to bodybuilding and weight lifting, so I am really excited about all that I will learn in the next 12 weeks too!!!

This first workout was humbling, in a way, though. I've got a lot of work to do with my chest, especially.

Without further ado, let's get on with it:

Sunday, 6/24/2012
    7:15am, length of workout 1:20
    176 lbs

Barbell Bench Press - Medium Grip
    Working Sets: 135x15, 155x15, 175x12
    Rest-Pause Set: 175x3

Barbell Incline Bench Press - Medium Grip
    Working Sets: 105x15, 115x15
    Rest-Pause Set: 115x12

Incline DB Flyes
    Working Sets: 30x15, 35x15
    Rest-Pause Set: 35x12

Cable Crossover
    Working Sets: 30x15, 50x15
    Rest-Pause Set: 50x13

Tricep Pressdown
    Working Sets: 50x15, 55x15, 60x15
    Rest-Pause Set: 60x12

Lying Tricep Cable Extension
    Working Sets: 30x15, 35x15
    Rest-Pause Set: 35x12

Overhead Tricep Cable Extension
    Working Sets: 35x15, 40x15
    Rest-Pause Set: 40x11

Standing Calf Raise in the Smith Machine
    Working Sets: 200x25, 200x27, 200x15
    Rest-Pause Set: 200x12

Seated Calf Raise
    Working Sets: 140x17, 140x12, 140x11
    Rest-Pause Set: 140x10

Finisher
    5 min on the stationary bike at Level 12

hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) hugefreak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your going to kill it! I see great thing for you in the next 12 weeks, you got drive! Every new challenge is a chance to learn new things! Keep fighting the good fight! Never yield!
    Fight the goog fight! Never yield!
    Why wait till tomorrow if you can do it today!
    Give it Hell!

NUTRITION PLAN FOR BULK DIET

DAILY GOALS I am aiming for a 40/30/30 macro split, that is 40% protein, 30% carb, 30% fat. I am also aiming for around 3000 calories. That is roughly 500 calories over my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), and so, in theory, over a 7 day period, that 3500 EXCESS calories should come out to about 1 pound of lean muscle GAINED per week!

Even though I keep an online food log, I don’t think I’ll be posting it daily like I did during my time in the IAJ, but I will update my GOALS each week here as a reminder to myself of what I’m trying to accomplish and also as public accountability. This will also give me a chance to tweak any goals that maybe I’m not progressing fast enough on or even too fast…

NUTRITION, AND SUPPLEMENTS

Upon Waking
    4:30am 8oz water, 1 sccop ON Hydro Gainer, 5g IL BCAAs, 1 serving honey dew/watermelon

Pre/Intra Workout
    5:00am 14oz water, 1 scoop IL CarnoCre, 1 scoop Juggernaut HP

Post Workout
    7:00am 2 cups almond milk, 1 scoop ON GS Casein, 1 scoop ON GS Whey, 4 tbs Benefiber, 5g creatine, 20 pieces Sweetart Minis

Breakfast
    8:00am 3 hard boiled egg whites, ¼ cup liquid egg substitute, 1 granola bar

Mid Morning
    10:00am ¼ cup cashews, 1 banana, 1 ON Fish Oil, Universal Animal Pak vitamins

Lunch
    1:00pm 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 can tuna, 1tbs mayo, ½ cup berries, 1 ON Fish Oil, 2000IU Vitamin D

Mid-Afternoon
    3:00pm 1 package beef jerky or trail mix, 1 cup greek yogurt w/ fruit, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2tbs natural PB, 1tbs jelly preserve, 1 ON Fish Oil, 5g IL BCAAs

Dinner
    6:00pm 8 oz lean protein, ½ cup cut green beans or broccoli

Pre Bedtime
    9:00pm 8oz water, 1 scoop ON GS Casein, 1tbs natural PB, 1 scoop Cyclo REM GF

3000 calories, 320g Protein, 240g Carb, 100g Fat (40/30/30 split)

qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qtguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are gonna do great with this program too! That is a hard core program but at least you won't be fasting during this one.
    My Juggernaut Journey -- http://tinyurl.com/7jknbjn

Follow @qtguy
    http://www.********.com/qtguy

"keep moving forward"
    "inch by inch, life's a cinch"

Day 92 - Jim Stoppani's 12 Week Shortcut To Size: Ph 1, Wk 1, Day 2 - Back/Biceps/Abs

Well, I certainly was sore in all the right places this morning. Tri's had DOMS, calves had DOMS, chest had DOMS... and you know what? It was kinda nice. It's nice to be back in the weight room again. I'm still feeling my way through Microcycle 1 here, so I think there are some that I could go up in weight on, some I might think about lowering, we'll see. Also, I think I might be leaving out a set... when it says to do 3 sets and a rest-pause set. I do Set 1, rest 60 sec, Set 2, rest 60 sec, Set 3, rest ONLY 15 seconds, and do Set 4. For some reason after today I am thinking that it's 4 working sets with an additional "rest/pause" set AFTER the 4th set. However, my workout did last almost 90 minutes including warmup, but no cardio, and that's how long it's supposed to last. So, I don't know. I did use the Juggernaut/CarnoCre mixture as an intra workout - focusing on using most of it in the first 2 exercises and then went the h2o route. I liked it, made it through such a long workout, but I'm thinking about Infinite Force on my next order of supps for Intra, we'll see. Stoppani has me taking a pre-workout shake and a serving of melon upon waking, which I am totally not used to, I've long done fasted workouts (only my Juggernaut pre workout)! Actually, Stoppani suggests making one mega shake that has your preworkout whey, your PWO, your post workout whey and casein, and creatine. Then, instructing to drink some before, during and pounding the last bit after. Right now, the flavor combinations I have don't really go together for that: double chocloate, peanut butter chocolate, citrus, and crimson punch. So, I end up making and mixing 2 separate "shakes" before, and 1 after. It's kinda tedious. I'll have to rethink that when I order new.

Anyway, here's the workout, another great one that shows me how FAR I have to go to be a BEAST:

Monday, 6/25/2012
    5:15am, length of workout 1:28
    XXX lbs

DB Bent-Over Row, each arm
    Working Sets: 55x15, 60x15, 65x12
    Rest-Pause Set: 65x15

Wide Grip Cable Pulldown
    Working Sets: 120x15, 130x15
    Rest-Pause Set: 130x12

Standing Pulldown

Working Sets: 100x15, 20x15
    Rest-Pause Set: 120x12

Straight Arm Pulldown
    Working Sets: 55x15, 55x12
    Rest-Pause Set: 55x12

----------------------------------------

Barbell Curl
    Working Sets: 50x15, 60x15, 70x12
    Rest-Pause Set: 70x12

DB Incline Curl
    Working Sets: 30x12, 30x13
    Rest-Pause Set: 30x11

One Arm High Cable Curl

Working Sets: 20x15, 25x20
    Rest-Pause Set: 25x15

Done as a circuit:

BW Hip Thrusts
    Working Sets: 30, 30, 30

Crunches with the AbMat

Working Sets: 25, 25, 25

Oblique Crunch, each side
    Working Sets Left: 25, 25, 25
    Working sets Right: 25, 25, 25

eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good work... you're going to love this program!

I've just started week 7 and I love it.

Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cintron is on a distinguished road. (+10)

DAILY GOALS I am aiming for a 40/30/30 macro split, that is 40% protein, 30% carb, 30% fat. I am also aiming for around 3000 calories. That is roughly 500 calories over my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), and so, in theory, over a 7 day period, that 3500 EXCESS calories should come out to about 1 pound of lean muscle GAINED per week!

Even though I keep an online food log, I don’t think I’ll be posting it daily like I did during my time in the IAJ, but I will update my GOALS each week here as a reminder to myself of what I’m trying to accomplish and also as public accountability. This will also give me a chance to tweak any goals that maybe I’m not progressing fast enough on or even too fast…

Upon Waking
    4:30am 8oz water, 1 sccop ON Hydro Gainer, 5g IL BCAAs, 1 serving honey dew/watermelon

Pre/Intra Workout

Post Workout
    7:00am 2 cups almond milk, 1 scoop ON GS Casein, 1 scoop ON GS Whey, 4 tbs Benefiber, 5g creatine, 20 pieces Sweetart Minis

Breakfast

Mid Morning

Lunch
    1:00pm 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 can tuna, 1tbs mayo, ½ cup berries, 1 ON Fish Oil, 2000IU Vitamin D

Mid-Afternoon
    3:00pm 1 package beef jerky or trail mix, 1 cup greek yogurt w/ fruit, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2tbs natural PB, 1tbs jelly preserve, 1 ON Fish Oil, 5g IL BCAAs

Dinner

Pre Bedtime

I am weary about trying carno cre and juggernaut together I may have to pass on that. I will report back on this.

Upon Waking

Pre/Intra Workout

Post Workout

Breakfast

Mid Morning

Lunch

Mid-Afternoon

Dinner

Pre Bedtime

Ken I know you going to rock it.

Thanks man. After we talked, I think I'm cheating myself out of a set. It wasn't real clear, but I think I understand now, and its about doing more work in a shorter amount of time to maximize strength.

Originally Posted by eazy57 View Post
    Good work... you're going to love this program!

I've just started week 7 and I love it.

jjtaylor106 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks man. After we talked, I think I'm cheating myself out of a set. It wasn't real clear, but I think I understand now, and its about doing more work in a shorter amount of time to maximize strength.
    From what I got out of the program, on the first exercise in a body part (ie. tri-ceps) you do 3 regular sets, then the 4th, rest pause 20 seconds and then go to failure. All exercises on the same body part after the initial are 3 sets, meaning sets 1 and 2 are regular, with 3rd being the rest pause to failure model. I thought he said to wait 2 minutes between sets. Plus the ab exercises are not done as a circuit.

Took me 90+ minutes today. I might shorten the wait between sets. But with the added wait, gives you an opportunity to lift heavier, thus more gains.

Yeah, I think I was shorting myself a set, so I am going to change it up tomorrow. I read a little more about all the different kinds of rest-pause training, and it helped me understand a little clearer exactly what Stoppani's version is trying to accomplish.

I think the 2 minute weight is in between exercises not sets, but again, I could be totally off on this too. It would stand to reason that you could go heavier if you waited that long between sets. That's a lot of standing around though. Like Rumblebird, I might have to take up a stretching routine between each and every set.

Originally Posted by jjtaylor106 View Post
    From what I got out of the program, on the first exercise in a body part (ie. tri-ceps) you do 3 regular sets, then the 4th, rest pause 20 seconds and then go to failure. All exercises on the same body part after the initial are 3 sets, meaning sets 1 and 2 are regular, with 3rd being the rest pause to failure model. I thought he said to wait 2 minutes between sets. Plus the ab exercises are not done as a circuit.

Took me 90+ minutes today. I might shorten the wait between sets. But with the added wait, gives you an opportunity to lift heavier, thus more gains.

rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) rumblebird is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice bulk nutrition plan you got there. Glad to see you like the new pworkout program. I am going to have to give one of these programs a try after october. Saw you hit up quite a few pages posting in the forum again today, way to keep it going Kenny!!! Love to see the support
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want it, make it happen. No one else, but you, can make you make it happen.

Don't "JUST DO IT", give it your all.
    Anyone can show up and pick up a dumbell, but not everyone will give it their all.

I don't stop working out when my muscles are sore, I stop when I'm done with my workout.

Todays excuses, won't help you tomorrow.

VENI VIDI VICI

teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    *********** JOESWAT, THE ORIGINAL JUGGERNAUT ***************

THE KEY TO BUILDING MUSCLE IS TO STIMULATE MUSCLE FIBERS....
    There are 2 kinds of muscle fibers in a muscle: Slow-twitch (Type I) and fast-twitch (Type II). As the name suggests, slow-twitch muscles are slow in nature but have great endurance. Fast-twitch, on the other hand, performs in short bursts of power and speed.

~ CAUTION, WATCHING THIS VIDEO MIGHT INFLUENCE YOU TO STIMULATE MUSCLE FIBERS ~
    HAVE A GREAT JUGGERNAUT LEG WORKOUT

TO BE A JUGGERNAUT!!!, YOU NEED EAT RIGHT AND TRAIN RIGHT!!! IM HERE IF YOU NEED ME.
    **Free training/dieting/nutritional tips and advise;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=142169941

http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000163797746
    http://www.********.com/IAMJUGGERNAUT
    http://www.********.com/JoeSwatPalumbo

Joe Palumbo
    IFBB PRO
    Joeswat Ifbb Pro Infinitelabs
    www.infinitelabs.com
    www.fitnesswithjoeswat.org
    http://www.********.com/home.php?#!/InfiniteLabsSupplements

Day 94 - Jim Stoppani's 12 Week Shortcut To Size: Ph 1, Wk 1, Day 4 - Shoulders/Traps/Calves

Ok, so after a little more research and understanding, I think I was closer to the intended routine today. The video for today was clearer on the last set as a set to failure then rest/pause, then failure again (all counted as “1 set” on the worksheet). So, I was cheating myself of a set, and so, today, I was NOT CHEATED! I did go a little lower on a couple of the weights, but really worked on the MIND/MUSCLE CONNECTION, and that turned out awesome.

The generally accepted definition of “mind/muscle connection” is to completely focus your mind on the muscle you are training. Alleviate all distractions and make sure the intended muscle group is working its butt off! The main point is to actually feel in your mind the intended muscle doing the work. Sure, ancillary muscles will get some work, but you certainly should “feel it” more in your intended muscle group than all the others.
    I can still feel a little bit of the pump from this morning’s workout, and most importantly, I felt (and are still feeling it) in the intended muscle.

Here’s today’s workout:

Wednesday, 6/27/2012
    5:15am, length of workout 1:36

Warm Up
    I usually do a static and ballistic stretching routine that I have pieced together over the last year or so, but today I added 15 minutes on the stationary bike at Level 12 to it. #1, this allowed me to view Stoppani’s video on my phone just before working out, and #2, I got a little sweat going. That was kinda nice.

DB Shoulder Press
    Warm Up Set: 30#x12
    SET 1: 40#x12
    SET 2: 40#x12
    SET 3: 40#x14
    SET 4: 40#x13 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 40#x6

DB Lateral Raise working the lateral deltoid

SET 1: 15#x15
    SET 2: 15#x15
    SET 3: 15#x21 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 15#x12

One Arm Cable Front Raise working the anterior deltoid

SET 1: 10#x15
    SET 2: 10#x15
    Left Arm - SET 3: 10#x24 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 10#x13
    Right Arm - SET 3: 10#x26 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 10#x12

High Cable Rear Delt Flye working the posterior deltoid

SET 1: 20#x15
    SET 2: 30#x15
    SET 3: 30#x26 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 30#x16

DB Shrug
    Warm Up Set: 30#x12
    SET 1: 60#x15
    SET 2: 75#x15
    SET 3: 75#x13
    SET 4: 75#x16 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 75#x10

Seated Calf Raise
    SET 1: 100#x30
    SET 2: 100#x30
    SET 3: 100#x30
    SET 4: 100#x29 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 100#x14

Leg Press Calf Raise
    SET 1: 300#x30
    SET 2: 300#x30
    SET 3: 300#x28
    SET 4: 300#x25 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 300#x17

I was a staggering a little at this point. That’s twice for calves this week!

jjtaylor106 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know, about the calves! Mine were just beginning to function today when I saw that it was a calves day again, I almost cried. Don't know what Friday is going to be like for Softball.

IAJ Day 95 - Jim Stoppani's 12 Week Shortcut To Size: Ph 1, Wk 1, Day 5 – Legs/Abs

Another day of feeling like a weakling, but also realizing that this is micro-cycle one and it’s high rep, so there is that. I’ll tell you what though, my legs – quads specifically were SCREAMING after this work out. I’m only minorly worried about not being able to jump on volleyball court tonight, hahaha. I went progressive on the weight on a few of them trying to feel my way through it, and I did get up to body weight plus on at least the two major lifts, so that’s a start. That, and I modified the Abs to a continuous circuit – to save time – and to increase the burn since it’s with no added weight.

Here’s today’s workout:

Thursday, 6/28/2012
    5:40am, length of workout 1:35

Warm Up
    Again, I did 15 minutes on the Bike at Level 12 and my stretching. I’ve taken to doing some ballistic stretching in between sets also.

Barbell Squat
    Warm Up Set: 95#x15
    SET 1: 135#x12
    SET 2: 155#x12
    SET 3: 175#x12
    SET 4: 175#x18 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 175#x7

One-Leg Leg Press
    I can admit, I was surprised by my weakness on this one. I can do 600-700lbs with both legs, so I started with 300lbs. That wasn’t going to happen one-legged, at least not for 50 reps.
    SET 1: 210#x12
    SET 2: 210#x15
    Left Leg SET 3: 230#x13 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 230#x10
    Right Leg SET 3: 230#x14 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 230#x9

Leg Extensions
    SET 1: 120#x15
    SET 2: 120#x13
    SET 3: 120#x16 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 120#x6

Stiff Legged Deadlift
    SET 1: 115#x15
    SET 2: 145#x15
    SET 3: 165#x12
    SET 4: 185#x14 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 185#x6

Seated Leg Curl
    SET 2: 120#x15
    SET 3: 120#x12 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 120#x8

Abs all done as a continuous circuit:

Hip Thrust x 30
    Crunches x 30
    Plank x 1 minute

Hip Thrust x 30
    Crunches x 30
    Plank x 1 minute

Hip Thrust x 30
    Crunches x 30
    Plank x 1 minute

IAJ Day 95 - Jim Stoppani's 12 Week Shortcut To Size: Ph 1, Wk 1, Day 5 – Legs/Abs

Another day of feeling like a weakling, but also realizing that this is micro-cycle one and it’s high rep, so there is that. I’ll tell you what though, my legs – quads specifically were SCREAMING after this work out. I’m only minorly worried about not being able to jump on volleyball court tonight, hahaha. I went progressive on the weight on a few of them trying to feel my way through it, and I did get up to body weight plus on at least the two major lifts, so that’s a start. That, and I modified the Abs to a continuous circuit – to save time – and to increase the burn since it’s with no added weight.

Here’s today’s workout:

Thursday, 6/28/2012
    5:40am, length of workout 1:35

Warm Up
    Again, I did 15 minutes on the Bike at Level 12 and my stretching. I’ve taken to doing some ballistic stretching in between sets also.

Barbell Squat
    Warm Up Set: 95#x15
    SET 1: 135#x12
    SET 2: 155#x12
    SET 3: 175#x12
    SET 4: 175#x18 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 175#x7

One-Leg Leg Press
    I can admit, I was surprised by my weakness on this one. I can do 600-700lbs with both legs, so I started with 300lbs. That wasn’t going to happen one-legged, at least not for 50 reps.
    SET 1: 210#x12
    SET 2: 210#x15
    Left Leg SET 3: 230#x13 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 230#x10
    Right Leg SET 3: 230#x14 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 230#x9

Leg Extensions
    SET 2: 120#x13
    SET 3: 120#x16 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 120#x6

Stiff Legged Deadlift
    SET 1: 115#x15
    SET 2: 145#x15
    SET 3: 165#x12
    SET 4: 185#x14 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 185#x6

Seated Leg Curl
    SET 2: 120#x15
    SET 3: 120#x12 to failure, Rest/Pause 15 sec, 120#x8

Abs all done as a continuous circuit:

Hip Thrust x 30
    Crunches x 30
    Plank x 1 minute

Hip Thrust x 30
    Crunches x 30
    Plank x 1 minute

Hip Thrust x 30
    Crunches x 30
    Plank x 1 minute
    Ken it will take you a little bit to get used to but lifting heavy for lots of reps will give you lots of size especially on the compound lifts.

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast