Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    I'll acknowledge slow drilling is good so you can get a feel for body mechanics and such. Just make sure the drill are centered around realistic stuff, ie nothing from the systema video. Drill punch/counter punch or slipping and Double leg takedowns. Don't drill things that only work in a drill like many wristlocks, and hard karate blocking.
    well there is general level slow drills for general things

and there are specific level slow drills for specific things

then fighting level drills for fighting and go from level 1-10 so people can adapt much easier.

then taking care of issues whatever that may be.

new fighters mainly focus in specific drills geared to whatever they're style is but there general level of movement sucks. you can see a difference in fighters who have better general mobility.

now about the systema videos, that is an exaggeration of what's possible in a fight. they're bassically playing, if you see the way they move and can move like it it does feel like playing or doing taichi if your too old for playing. getting pushed on your shoulder and instead of pushing back or getting tense you absorb with your entire body is a great way to get better at general mobility but those are geared towards combat even though it obviously looks silly.
    Pyramid Paradigm?

http://www.jackherer.com/ Prove Jack Herer wrong and get $100,000.

I'll pee on your shoes Storms of War's Avatar
    Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Storms of War will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY
    Most people that tap in MMA tap from submission, not from blows so thats totally different.
    When it gets that bad, the fighter's corner usually throws in the towel. That's more or less the equivalent of tapping.
    There's no "E" in "Camaro", you illiterate dipsh*t

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Catching a punch in midair? Like Koji Oishi did to Nick Diaz, right?
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82
    Catching a punch in midair? Like Koji Oishi did to Nick Diaz, right?
    lol I know what fight you're talking about...I thought he might have been trying some crap like that. Do you know for sure that's the type of stuff he was trying to do? That was what it looked like he was trying. He did catch most of them...with his face.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82
    Have you ever seen someone tap out from strikes while STANDING though?

That being said, I don't think that boxers are point fighters at all.
    in a way
    but it's very uncommon
    I mean it's hard to litterally tap out when your doing outside striking, you can kinda wave them off tho which I have seen

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Storms of War
    When it gets that bad, the fighter's corner usually throws in the towel. That's more or less the equivalent of tapping.
    I know, but, again, for the most part, this happens pretty rarely. Its usually ref stoppage, not corner stoppage or fighter tap out from blows.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I said, in general, I dont like boxing . Its boring to watch guys running around for 10 rounds or whatever just jab jab jab jab, hug hug hug, jab jab jab.

No, typically they dont.
    they typically don't, aside from the times that they do

Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    I just don't see how anyone whos ever been in a real fight or even watched one can think you can do things like catch someones wrist mid punch and do all this steven segal bull****. Hypotheticaly yeah, IF you had the inhuman reaction time and hand eye coordination it would take to pull this stuff off THEN it would work...but it's just not realistic. You're just going to get yourself hurt trying crap like that.
    well it's possible to do it
    but I mean, it takes a lot of practice and you need to be faster then the guy your fighting
    if you are that much faster your better off avoiding/counter punching
    but I did after 3 years training when I was younger get up to the speed and hand/eye ability to pick peoples punches out of the air
    they where moving at near full speed or possibly even full speed at times
    dunno if I could have done a supercool Aikido Throw or anything

JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kane Fan
    they typically don't, aside from the times that they do
    You are a pretty illogical person.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Originally Posted by delta9
    haha casting is truely just good boxing skills and twisting your wrist and elbow before impact is not casting but it's a part of it. casting is not from systema i believe, it is just a greay way to strike.

here's a little info on it.
    http://www.rmaxinternational.com/for...hlight=casting

and here it is used in action. search up igor and arlovski also, they cast their strikes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0bZ2...elated&search=
    look very closely at fedor's strikes, there is something different about it compared to regular strikes right?

anymore crap you got to say?
    if casting is good boxing skills that would mean your punches should look like boxing's punches right?

You are a pretty illogical person.
    in what way is quoting facts illogical

in what way is quoting facts illogical
    Your line of reasoning can be applied to alot of situtations and is highly illogical. Heres another example so that you might understand it a little bit better.

Jagerboy: Most people can not do a double backflip on a dirtbike, so its not a very normal occurence.

Kanefan: Yes, but a few people in the world can, so that means that its normal to be able to do it.

Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000) Thordic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mortal Kombat Jiu Jitsu

delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if casting is good boxing skills that would mean your punches should look like boxing's punches right?
    boxing is just an art delivering impact with your fist is it not? casting is an efficient way to deliver impact with your fists. having that "boxing" look to your punch is a minor factor.
    Pyramid Paradigm?

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol I know what fight you're talking about...I thought he might have been trying some crap like that. Do you know for sure that's the type of stuff he was trying to do? That was what it looked like he was trying. He did catch most of them...with his face.
    Not necessarily, but it's basically what you would need to do for that sort of system to work, and I think everyone saw how easy it was to catch them, right? lol
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Your line of reasoning can be applied to alot of situtations and is highly illogical. Heres another example so that you might understand it a little bit better.

Jagerboy: Most people can not do a double backflip on a dirtbike, so its not a very normal occurence.

Kanefan: Yes, but a few people in the world can, so that means that its normal to be able to do it.
    I see the problem, you are taking a logical statment and pretending it is illogical
    I said it does happen from time to time and your pretending that I said it happens all the time

I see the problem, you are taking a logical statment and pretending it is illogical
    I said it does happen from time to time and your pretending that I said it happens all the time
    No. I said, it rarely happens, so saying that MMA guys tap from blows as a relevant argument is rediculous. Then you "countered" with saying "ya, but it happens". Uh, ya, no ****...again, a few people in the world can do double backflips on dirtbikes....that is a pretty irrelevant and illogical argument to prove that people do double back flips on dirtbikes when the OVERWHELMING majority of people dont. I never said MMA fighters dont tap from blows, just said its a very rare occurence to see.

KO Artist Extraordinaire NHBBareKnuckler's Avatar
    NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Traditional Japanese Jujitsu here. Every person has a system for them that will work better then others. And I'll never say one system sucks or is soft. It just depends on the person.

I mean, a kid with a tooth pick would open a can of whoop and a black belt who sucks lol any day of the week.

But with "JJJ" out there why are being doing boxing judo and bjj all at once? JJJ is all of that and a lot more.

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LionofJud@h
    Mines Systema, developed by the Cossacks quite a long time ago. Only utilized by a few select secret spetznaz groups. Taught from royal family to royal family through the Russian Kingdoms of old.

This stuff makes you invincible basically. Probably why I chose it over BJJ and Kenpo/Karate/JKD/Boxing.

Episode1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdwixkJqG_Q
    Episode2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq_4z-Neko
    Episode3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecljbWmAqpo

Mass Attack Defense
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQDuCRMGJ3Y

Mikhail
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp9d7hix1_M
    Urine idiot
    10 years Miscing

LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NHBBareKnuckler
    Traditional Japanese Jujitsu here. Every person has a system for them that will work better then others. And I'll never say one system sucks or is soft. It just depends on the person.

I mean, a kid with a tooth pick would open a can of whoop and a black belt who sucks lol any day of the week.

But with "JJJ" out there why are being doing boxing judo and bjj all at once? JJJ is all of that and a lot more.

In JJJ you "dance" and comply because the techniques are too deadly to spar with. However if you hold onto the RNC you can cause unconsciousness and death. KO from boxing punches and broken limbs from armbars(even death/paralysis from neckcranks).

The combat sports are different in that the moves are just as "deadly" but are practiced in a very real manner.

Where do you train JJJ? Maybe you do the same stuff but JJJ I know aren't close to BJJ/Judo/boxing.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LionofJud@h
    Mines Systema, developed by the Cossacks quite a long time ago. Only utilized by a few select secret spetznaz groups. Taught from royal family to royal family through the Russian Kingdoms of old.

This stuff makes you invincible basically. Probably why I chose it over BJJ and Kenpo/Karate/JKD/Boxing.

Episode1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdwixkJqG_Q
    Episode2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq_4z-Neko
    Episode3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecljbWmAqpo

Mass Attack Defense
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQDuCRMGJ3Y

Mikhail
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp9d7hix1_M
    Finaly was able to watch some of this...can't download on my work computer and have dial up at home.

I just watched episode 2... that was a joke and I can't believe anyone would take that stuff seriously. Watching the rest now...

Edit- And in episode 3 we learn how to disable multiple attackers, some of which armed with guns, some with knives, all while blind folded and preforming a goofy dance. Great stuff... Oh and I love the grappling too, I wish I had known in highschool how easy it was to take someone down with one hand I could have won states!

Episode 1... I'm not even watching anymore of this. If you actualy believe in this bull**** you belong in special ed.

It really bothers me that so many people on this board recommend this garbage. Please tell me krav maga is nothing like this.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 09-26-2006 at 02:26 PM.

Thumbs down

I just watched episode 2... that was a joke and I can't believe anyone would take that stuff seriously. Watching the rest now...
    this stuff? can you be more specific on which drills your putting down which you know nothing about?

Edit- And in episode 3 we learn how to disable multiple attackers, some of which armed with guns, some with knives, all while blind folded and preforming a goofy dance. Great stuff... Oh and I love the grappling too, I wish I had known in highschool how easy it was to take someone down with one hand I could have won states!
    so your saying blind fold training is useless? that goofy dance is a learning tool to have better use of your body. man this is just getting ridiculous now, they are doing slow time drills and the teacher is showing how one can disable and throw the opponent with the least amount of effort.

Episode 1... I'm not even watching anymore of this. If you actualy believe in this bull**** you belong in special ed.

It really bothers me that so many people on this board recommend this garbage. Please tell me krav maga is nothing like this.
    if people who believe in this "bull****" should be in special ed then my god I don't know where you would belong in.
    Pyramid Paradigm?

Originally Posted by delta9
    this stuff? can you be more specific on which drills your putting down which you know nothing about?

so your saying blind fold training is useless? that goofy dance is a learning tool to have better use of your body. man this is just getting ridiculous now, they are doing slow time drills and the teacher is showing how one can disable and throw the opponent with the least amount of effort.

if people who believe in this "bull****" should be in special ed then my god I don't know where you would belong in.
    If you watch those videos and think it can be applied to a real fight you are a fuking retard. End of story.

There wasn't anything in the hand to hand combat aspects of that video that are illegal in mma. It's not used because it is complete and utter bull****.

If you watch those videos and think it can be applied to a real fight you are a fuking retard. End of story.

There wasn't anything in the hand to hand combat aspects of that video that are illegal in mma. It's not used because it is complete and utter bull****.
    haha calling me retarded for putting down something which you seem to know nothing about? and then saying just because it's not used in mma it's useless?

those are just clips of an entire system (philosophy) of combat based on natural reactions and movement. that goofy dance was a way to learn to relax the body while learning to move better.

so pretty much your putting down an entire system of philosophy by clips you see posted by some guy on the internet while you talk bull**** non-stop, and again YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT!

ATLEAST go into details but that would require you to actually learn something wouldn't it?

truth is I don't know much about systema either but common sense which I gained from learning about combat through reading shows me the usefulness of those drills.
    Pyramid Paradigm?

Honestly it boggles my mind that I even have to make an argument against what I just saw. I would think that anyone that's older than 6 years old would take one look at that video and know that it's garbage. Have you never been in a fight in your life? It does not work that way...I'd love to see them try some of that bull**** against a person that's going all out attacking them and not playing along with their stupid make believe art. It's a whole different ball game when your opponent is resisting with everything he's got. Fighting in the way that they did in that video is pure fiction.

blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bjjwraslter7 have you seen the documentary in national geographic channel where in they studied what the hell this chi is and what is the concept behind the flow like water thing. there was a muay thai guy there and he couldn't do anything to the old master the muay thai guy was an outsider this was held in wudan in china i think. so yes some arts are bogus but some of them are very real the problem is the authentic masters are dying since studying thier art takes 10 years to get the basics and another 10 years for the title of master unlike some dojos today you can get a certificate and a blackbelt for 1 year. martial arts before was a way of life

Originally Posted by blood_lust
    bjjwraslter7 have you seen the documentary in national geographic channel where in they studied what the hell this chi is and what is the concept behind the flow like water thing. there was a muay thai guy there and he couldn't do anything to the old master the muay thai guy was an outsider this was held in wudan in china i think. so yes some arts are bogus but some of them are very real the problem is the authentic masters are dying since studying thier art takes 10 years to get the basics and another 10 years for the title of master unlike some dojos today you can get a certificate and a blackbelt for 1 year. martial arts before was a way of life
    I'm not talking about any of that...I'm talking about the videos I just watched of slow motion choreographed matrix like fight scenes.

Originally Posted by blood_lust
    I missed this, please elaborate.

lewi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lol

I enjoy Po-Fu. That's where you grab a guy by the back of the head and just keep feeding him the right fist until the cops show up.

hehe love that comment

i like all the arts equally to be honest, can take something away from them all.
    judo for the takedowns, muay thai for the stand up, greco roman for the clinch, and jj for the groundwork.

as regards your system, i personally do not believe much into it, especially the claim of invincibility, lol.
    id love to see any master of your art go up against someone explosive like vitor belfort, you can bend your body as much as you want, something tells me it wont be enough...
    underground dbol newsletter has the most uptodate scammer list

Originally Posted by lewi
    I
    as regards your system, i personally do not believe much into it, especially the claim of invincibility, lol.
    id love to see any master of your art go up against someone explosive like vitor belfort, you can bend your body as much as you want, something tells me it wont be enough...
    Yeah I doubt any trained striker is going to fall right on his face just because the systema guy used his "body movement" and leaned a certain way. They act like if you do a goofey dance move it's going to magicaly rob the guy of his balance. A missed punch is a missed punch and they are going to look the same whether it was due to a guy ducking, just bad aim, or a goofy systema dance move dodge.