Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bananas are great when peeled and eaten

Bananas in baked goods should receive the death penalty

absolutely disgusting and the only thing worse is banana flavoured whatever
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I get a kick out of these goofs who stick their nose up at something that isn't 100% pure and perfect. Like they think they will live forever, NOT.

If it won't affect me negatively for a set of 75 rep squats 15 minutes after eating, it's good enough. But as I said, I don't eat them everyday, just here and there.

You old ladies have fun with your baking and knitting!
    Autenic Kights Sing Hevy Stel and Hav Hands and Wriss of Steel!

Ant-Traitonal Pograms, Studet of Instinc Traiing

"The Mucle Feds Isef"- LWW

"Rily [LST NAME]............"

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok, for you bar snobs, another protein bar I like and will get back in rotation is "pure Protein" apparently these are Whey and no alcohol sugar.

I'm going to live an extra five years now!!!

"Certified" Reel Nutz mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    They give me terrible digestive issues, they must have soy in them no matter what the label says.
    Yeah they don't sit well with me either.

A lot of them do have soy in them, I bet more do than don't.. Below are a couple of examples

Here are the ingredients for Pure Protein bars

Peanut flour, whey protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, water, milk protein isolate, peanuts, modified palm kernel oil, whey protein isolate, peanut oil, sugar, tapioca starch, coca, salt, almond butter, gelatin, glycerin, maltitol syrup, maltitol, natural flavours, calcium carbonate, sucralose (15 mg/50 g), soy lecithin. Contains: peanut, milk, soy, almond.

The ingredients in a CLIF BAR vary depending on the flavor, but they typically include:

brown rice syrup
    rolled oats
    soy protein isolate
    cane sugar
    soy flour
    rice flour
    oat fiber
    sunflower oil
    sea salt
    𝓐𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷 1976 - 1999 - 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 1960'𝓼

ᖇᗴ丅Ꭵᖇᗴᗪ ᗩ丅 40 ᑕᖇᗴᗯ - ᔕᗝᑕᎥᗩᒪ ᗪᎥᔕ丅ᗩᑎᑕᎥᑎǤ ᗴ᙭ᑭᗴᖇ丅 - ᒪᎥᐯᎥᑎǤ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰ

ƚo| ɒ ꙅɿɘʞʞuꟻ bᴎɒ ɿɘʞʞuꟻ ꙅᴎuoᴎoɿq ɿɘbᴎɘǫ ɘʜƚ ɘꙅu I

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post

I'm going to live an extra five years now!!!

Did you know that the authentic knights who swing steel barely ever made over 60

make your peace with God now
    (Marshall McLuhan)

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by startingat56 View Post
    Bananas in baked goods should receive the death penalty
    I love banana bread/muffins. Been dabbling in baking with the Devil's lettuce, I've done rice crispy treats and brownies, think banana mini muffins are next. I must be not mixing it well or something, sometimes one of these treats leaves me yawning and tired, the next one has me in a state of euphoria wanting to play the Grateful Dead.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Did you know that the authentic knights who swing steel barely ever made over 60

make your peace with God now

Do you know what you just did here?

You just complimented me on being a true warrior.

Pockets is 64, you confirmed he’s just an Internet White Knight!

Where’s Eomrat to see this!!!

PS, are your ingredients you using to bake your treats 100 percent pure? Are you growing your own fuking oats and producing your own Whey?

PS, real bakers use bourbon in their treats!

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah the protein bars used to get hyped in the mags then when i went to buy it for 3 bucks apiece, it was dry hard and crumbly. You needed milk or water to swallow the chunks, no bueno.
    I learned my lesson quickly and won't make that mistake when the alternative is a 2 scoop liquid available to chug in 30 sec or less.
    It is a no brainer for me after trying at least 50 bars over the years. The Cliff products are the only ones i will mess with at this point.

I am experimenting with Extend as an intra because i get tired at the 45 min point at the gym and i want to see if it actually helps in some way.
    For me it is a cheap experiment and water was getting a bit boring.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Zealot from the housetops PaulJerome's Avatar
    PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Supplements are trial and error for each individual. What works for some, will not work for others, and vice versa. The way you know if supplements work or not, is after you stop taking them. For example, I'm in my 50's and stopped taking DIM and Macuna Pruriens and completely fell off in the weight room. Couldn't coordinate my lifts. Then I saw that Mucuna pruriens is used to treat Parkinson's, so maybe that is why. In any regard, when I started taking them again a month or so later, I regained my strength and coordination. Now I am on them for life.
    6'5" 210 lbs, 10.9% body fat

Disagree with me, fine; but before calling me a fraudster click: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=185252663

Bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable unto all things.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I love banana bread/muffins.

Eating a small slice of banana bread early in the morning will actually help in having damn good energy levels in training later in the day.

Those times I eat that I feel extra powerful when training time comes.

If it won't affect me negatively for a set of 75 rep squats 15 minutes after eating, it's good enough.
    The only things that will affect your workout 15 minutes after eating are amino acids caffeine or sugar

Everything else needs to be digested
    (Marshall McLuhan)

The only things that will affect your workout 15 minutes after eating are amino acids caffeine or sugar

Everything else needs to be digested

I guess you missed the word I used “negatively”.

There are times Ive been pressed and don’t have time to train, I will eat a banana or a bar and go to squat 15 minutes later. If I don’t feel like I’m gonna puke during the squats I know the item I ate has some value unlike a mars bar, and we are taking high reps.

I wasn’t talking about something to boost me like caffeine, I don’t use any of that stuff before training, when I own a weight I can do it anytime.

There has been times I’ve eaten a full meal and trained a half hour later, but those are usually uppper body workouts, not high rep squats.

"Certified" Reel Nutz mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

There are times Ive been pressed and don’t have time to train, I will eat a banana or a bar and go to squat 15 minutes later. If I don’t feel like I’m gonna puke during the squats I know the item I ate has some value unlike a mars bar, and we are taking high reps.

I wasn’t talking about something to boost me like caffeine, I don’t use any of that stuff before training, when I own a weight I can do it anytime.

There has been times I’ve eaten a full meal and trained a half hour later, but those are usually uppper body workouts, not high rep squats.
    How long are your workouts?
    𝓐𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷 1976 - 1999 - 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 1960'𝓼

ᖇᗴ丅Ꭵᖇᗴᗪ ᗩ丅 40 ᑕᖇᗴᗯ - ᔕᗝᑕᎥᗩᒪ ᗪᎥᔕ丅ᗩᑎᑕᎥᑎǤ ᗴ᙭ᑭᗴᖇ丅 - ᒪᎥᐯᎥᑎǤ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰ

ƚo| ɒ ꙅɿɘʞʞuꟻ bᴎɒ ɿɘʞʞuꟻ ꙅᴎuoᴎoɿq ɿɘbᴎɘǫ ɘʜƚ ɘꙅu I

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    How long are your workouts?
    1-set of squats could take 3-5 minutes.

Sometimes I’ll do a set of something else.

I sometimes do a set, then answer work emails and do another set 15 minutes later, etc and that can take 1.5 hours.

It always varies.

Not relevant

there are very few things that get into your system in 15 min and a banana is not one of them

Of course if it's psychologically advantageous to you .... have at it
    (Marshall McLuhan)

Not relevant

there are very few things that get into your system in 15 min and a banana is not one of them

Of course if it's psychologically advantageous to you .... have at it

You obviously don’t fuking get it.

Go ahead and tell me to behave, lol.

I’ve eaten 15mins and an hour before doing high rep squats. Junk food fuks a person up on both. Psst......

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just to throw some gasoline on your argument (glad to be helpful..) there are foods that have a quick result on someone, faster than the time that you can actually digest them.
    For example if you drink a low sugar protein shake, you get a spike in blood glucose very soon afterwards. This is because the body senses in the stomach a bit hit of protein is on its way (I think that's the glutamine picking up as protein digestion initiates? but I can't be bothered to Google it right now) and the liver decides to dump a hit of glucose into the bloodstream.

Don't know if bananas can elicit a response like that, but these kinds of things are medically possible, despite hydrolysing the starch and rendering much blood sugar from it wouldn't have significantly happened yet.

Yesterday I went to the gym, I haven’t been there in 2 weeks.

I woke up and immediately ate a banana at 9:30am (the open gym starts at 10am).

I always make sure to poop first too, don’t want to chit myself in the middle of a set.

I got there at 10am and chatted for 15 minutes.

I was doing my log presses (2-sets of 10-11reps) at 10:30am an hour after my banana.

Then I did squats-
    Bar x 10
    135 x 10
    155 x 10
    175 x 5 takes me a bit to warm up in the morning.
    200 x 31

Took like 15 minutes to cool down a bit.

Final set was hyper extensions while rowing a 105# atlas stone and I hit 25reps, which had me quivering when finished.

Walked around to recover for another 10 minutes.

It was now 11:30 and the open gym was closing.

When I do 35rep deadz DOH, here is the recovery process-

5-6 minutes of heavy breathing......

Then the wrists and forearms burn for close to 10 minutes, this creates more heavy breathing.

Then the azz and hams start burning for another 5+ minutes.

20 minutes of recovery for 1 hard set of 35 reps. Last time was with 242# DOH.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It depends what your goals are

Where's the line in the sand...do we all need steroids? Of course not

Do supps help...I believe so

It depends what your goals are
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Today I ate two bananas one after the other.

I had 3-hours of meetings this morning.

I ate one banana and didn’t think that was going to be enough to get through the next three hours.

I thought about eating a cliff bar, but I instinctively ate another banana.

It was the right choice.

Just thought I’d share.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So i have tried a 2 week experiment with 4 scoops of whey isolate daily.
    1 shake post workout in the locker room( 9:15pm) and 1 shake at 10am.
    Then i have been taking Xtend ripped bcaa during the workouts, which lasts 1.5 hours with a level 8-9 intensity and high volume training.

I am very happy with what i am seeing using these 2 products. J
    Just like my last bcaa experiment, i don't tire at the 1 hour mark and can just do more and more.

The protein is Birthday Cake iso100 .
    A nice leaning out with 4 weeks until beach season.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm skeptical of bcaa products because whey is rich in bcaas so I think it's bull, but if 5 scoops (counting the bcaa supplement like another scoop) is working for you.. good to hear it, keep going!

What proteins are in whey, whey concentrate and whey isolate and are they "complete"
    https://www.webmd.com/diet/differenc...d-whey-isolate

Which amino acids are branched chain
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bran...ain_amino_acid

That all said I think regular low dose 5 htp supplementation can benefit some people as they age (and vegans of any age).

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It is really leucine that is the 'big' player in the BCCA game. I just buy bulk leucine. Smells like burnt hair and does not mix great. Grape is good flavor to mask the taste.

Adding leucine to Whey has been shown to upregulate protein synthesis. In short, adding approx. 4g of leucine to 20g whey protein, has almost same benefits of a 50g intake of protein.

BCAA good....but Leucine is the one you want to focus on.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    It is really leucine that is the 'big' player in the BCCA game. I just buy bulk leucine. Smells like burnt hair and does not mix great. Grape is good flavor to mask the taste.

Adding leucine to Whey has been shown to upregulate protein synthesis. In short, adding approx. 4g of leucine to 20g whey protein, has almost same benefits of a 50g intake of protein.

BCAA good....but Leucine is the one you want to focus on.
    That is because it is hair ground up.
    No BS, a few guys were critiquing cheap supps compared to more expensive formulations and the hair thing was revealed.
    As soon as this stops working i may pivot to the non hair formula

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    I'm skeptical of bcaa products because whey is rich in bcaas so I think it's bull, but if 5 scoops (counting the bcaa supplement like another scoop) is working for you.. good to hear it, keep going!

What proteins are in whey, whey concentrate and whey isolate and are they "complete"
    https://www.webmd.com/diet/differenc...d-whey-isolate

Which amino acids are branched chain
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bran...ain_amino_acid

That all said I think regular low dose 5 htp supplementation can benefit some people as they age (and vegans of any age).
    I hear ya and i was also skeptical, but it was $20 bucks 5 years ago and now in 2023 at $25 i am having great results .
    I never waste money if i don't see anything tangible or obvious.
    There is what we read about in studies, then broscience, and then there is your own mirror.

In theory it's totally bogus, Xtrainer you're making a good argument for bcaa.

I_D interesting post. I'd heard that a spike in leucine is taken a signal for the body that protein in general is plentiful

Maybe I should try it myself?

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    @x-trainer. I knew the claims that it is made from hair. Either way, I dont care where it comes from, but it definitely smells like burnt hair

@oldfarttom, it all depends on your goals. The 'bad' is the leucine and whey isolate causes a big spike in insulin. If you are in very good shape and have good insulin sensitivity, then go for it. If you are an avg gym go-er, might not be a great thing.

I have been buying bulk leucine for over 7 years and use it as part of my intake regimen. Past 5 years have been IF and I no longer get the 230-250g of protein that I did for a decade. For me the leucine is extra insurance when getting a little less protein daily.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    In theory it's totally bogus, Xtrainer you're making a good argument for bcaa.

I_D interesting post. I'd heard that a spike in leucine is taken a signal for the body that protein in general is plentiful

Maybe I should try it myself?
    I thought this was interesting given that Layne Norton who was a strong advocate of BCAA supplementation and studied the effects of leucine on protein synthesis has recently reversed his position.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    [YouTube]....
    Thanks for vid there btw. I remember watching some lecture (on youtube) by Peter a few years ago while trying to learn about keto. Now I'm stuck listening to the episode with Don Layman there.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I thought this was interesting given that Layne Norton who was a strong advocate of BCAA supplementation and studied the effects of leucine on protein synthesis has recently reversed his position.

Thanks Karl, good talk.