Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by vidge View Post
    inb4 all of misc has this bs
    This x 1000

Same with the misc depression crew. Should be called "** Excuses & self-diagnose crew**".

alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000) alphamalware is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOVE that song, OP.

Will rep off R/C
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing...
    Only I will remain."

Let's make some gains Carter770's Avatar
    Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000)
    When it's bad, it really, really, really sucks. Had it something awful for a couple months a year ago and now relapse for a week or two every couple months. That + extreme anxiety and depression = not much fun.
    N.O. Saints Crew

IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by threeoneg View Post
    I've struggled with this at various points in my life. It's pretty fukin terrible...
    I work in forestry, brb, climb up a 60ft tree and all of a sudden chit gets real and it feels like you're in a movie.
    but why is it a "struggle" when it feels like you're in a movie?

InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've struggled with this at various points in my life. It's pretty fukin terrible...
    I work in forestry, brb, climb up a 60ft tree and all of a sudden chit gets real and it feels like you're in a movie.
    I love that feeling, I always get it when I'm doing something dangerous.

Reality hits you hard and you're like "what the fuk am I doing? This doesn't make any sense".

DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by alphamalware View Post
    LOVE that song, OP.

Will rep off R/C
    dw about the reps bro I don't care about them really, check out +post ITT 2nd line of my sig if you like songs like this and I'll get you on r/c

AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IANfinity View Post
    So basically people with depersonalization disorder feel emotionally numb all the time, and they lack motivation? Maybe I'm just being stupid here, but it really doesn't sound like a big deal at all and certainly not something anyone should medicate for. I'm going to look into it some more. I must be missing something.
    It literally feels like your consciousness is outside your body. When you talk it sounds like you are talking underwater/in differen't acoustics, it sounds like its not your voice.... not your words...
    It is verging right on the edge of something slightly psychotic, but not. Its hard to explain.

DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AppsBrah View Post
    This x 1000

Same with the misc depression crew. Should be called "** Excuses & self-diagnose crew**".
    Diagnoses are not really important on things like this, because disorders are mostly a construct and there isn't any effective treatment anyhow. You have to deal with the root of your own problems regardless.

And yeah, I would be skeptical of people jumping to the conclusion that they have this, especially chronically.
    not srs

"If you want to reach the peak, you ought to climb without giving it too much thought." -Friedrich Nietzsche

threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    but why is it a "struggle" when it feels like you're in a movie?
    It's not a good feeling for me....I question reality and it ****s with my mind.

IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000) IANfinity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AirWar View Post
    It literally feels like your consciousness is outside your body. When you talk it sounds like you are talking underwater/in differen't acoustics, it sounds like its not your voice.... not your words...
    It is verging right on the edge of something slightly psychotic, but not. Its hard to explain.
    All of these descriptions sound like a way I've felt before sometimes. I never thought it wasn't normal or that anything was bad about it. Everything you explained in your post don't sound like it would be bad in any way.

fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000) fagort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ive had this for 3 years i dont think its ever going to go away srs

i smoked a lot of weed one day then woke up with it, had it ever since

threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by InfinityThor View Post

Reality hits you hard and you're like "what the fuk am I doing? This doesn't make any sense".
    This. But sometimes it will screw up my knots in my rigging and **** with my other clips, knots....

AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DizzySmalls View Post
    Diagnoses are not really important on things like this, because disorders are mostly a construct and there isn't any effective treatment anyhow. You have to deal with the root of your own problems regardless.

And yeah, I would be skeptical of people jumping to the conclusion that they have this, especially chronically.
    They are extremely important because the average person doesn't know sh*t about this stuff. Self-diagnosing occurs so much and it's just another excuse. "Oh look I have that too, I'm sooo fukked up and cannot be helped ever!!11" The label itself can be a big negative influence too.

InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Maybe you're supposed to question reality?

questioning reality is very normal. In fact, I would say that a belief that reality is some sort of illusion is fairly logical. idk, I think I'm just not understanding all of these descriptions.

DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AppsBrah View Post
    They are extremely important because the average person doesn't know sh*t about this stuff. Self-diagnosing occurs so much and it's just another excuse. "Oh look I have that too, I'm sooo fukked up and cannot be helped ever!!11" The label itself can be a big negative influence too.
    Like I said, they still need to get to the root problem regardless of whether or not their attempts at self-diagnosis are shyt... the problem usually being identifiable to a lack of self-understanding, lack of self-awareness, lack of security in self, lack of internal locus of control, lack of self-regulation.
    not srs

"If you want to reach the peak, you ought to climb without giving it too much thought." -Friedrich Nietzsche

BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think I got this or something like this from about 8 months ago. It's not as severe as some people, but to me it feels like my ego is transparent. Almost like you aren't a home anymore for your soul, just a rented out apartment. TFW when you all of a sudden become self aware and have to leave the house and get some air to calm down. Anxiety from it can be pretty rough. But I've been rationalizing thoughts and making some progress in feeling more normal.

I felt a lot better when I found out what it is. No more wondering if I'm going crazy.

questioning reality is very normal. In fact, I would say that a belief that reality is some sort of illusion is fairly logical. idk, I think I'm just not understanding all of these descriptions.
    I agree on the questioning reality being logical. Imagine looking down at your arms while doing something, and questioning if those are really your arms doing the action.

Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So basically people with depersonalization disorder feel emotionally numb all the time, and they lack motivation? Maybe I'm just being stupid here, but it really doesn't sound like a big deal at all and certainly not something anyone should medicate for. I'm going to look into it some more. I must be missing something.
    It's not just numbness or emptiness or whatev. This may not communicate it well, but the best way I can explain it is like this:

You know those puppet shows yall probably played with as a kid? Where you cut out some people shapes out of construction paper and then put them on a popsicle stick and have them dance around and chit? Now, imagine if every single person/every single thing you see was replaced with that...not visually, but you FEEL it, you can tell somehow. Everything is slightly off. Everything is a prop and an actor, including yourself. It doesn't sound like much but it's extremely disturbing...like you were transported into this fake world where everyone is watching you and and everyone is a "robot" with some strange agenda, including yourself. You are not you, your parents are not them, the couch is wrong, the world has shifted in a way. Idk, maybe you have to experience it yourself, but it's messed up.
    Last edited by Carter770; 02-20-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    N.O. Saints Crew

All of these descriptions sound like a way I've felt before sometimes. I never thought it wasn't normal or that anything was bad about it. Everything you explained in your post don't sound like it would be bad in any way.
    Idk maybe....It's not a natural feeling, it's jarring and you'll know for sure when it happens.
    N.O. Saints Crew

AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AirWar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I feel it a lot more when I am not engaging in ego-fulfilling activities.
    Such as - Getting womanz, gyms, working (Somewhat...when robo-mode is activated maybe not).
    being social etc.

Its when I sit around, disconnect myself from what I see my "ego" (personality/beliefs) I get it.

This is how I think now. But when it was happening, it's not just thinking, this chit is happening to you whether you're thinking about it or not. You just got teleported to a parallel world. Nothing to do with thinking, you're just plain in a different, slightly off world that you can't escape.

sorry if it seems like im spamming, just want people to understand
    N.O. Saints Crew

Originally Posted by Carter770 View Post
    It's not just numbness or whatever chit. This may not communicate it well, but the best way I can explain it is like this:

You know those puppet shows yall probably played with as a kid? Where you cut out some people shapes out of construction paper and then put them on a popsicle stick and have them dance around and chit? Now, imagine if every single person/every single thing you see was replaced with that...not visually, but you FEEL it, you can tell somehow. Everything is slightly off. Everything is a prop and an actor, including yourself. It doesn't sound like much but it's extremely disturbing...like you were transported into this fake world where everyone is watching you and and everyone is a "robot" with some strange agenda, including yourself. You are not you, your parents are not them, the couch is wrong, the world has shifted in a way. Idk, maybe you have to experience it yourself, but it's messed up.
    This is as good of a description as you can get.

PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PHZA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't think I have this permanently but years ago in college when I was depressed, binge drinking 5 times a week, smoking weed and sleeping 12 hours all day and not seeing daylight in months I felt these feels.

Not directly about but somewhat related: (Don't even listen if feeling bad, this is possibly the most depressing song I have ever heard)

Originally Posted by Carter770 View Post
    This is how I think now. But when it was happening, it's not just thinking, this chit is happening whether you're thinking about it or not. You just got teleported to a parallel world. Nothing to do with thinking, you're just plain in a different, slightly off world that you can't escape.
    You're supposed to move PAST it. How long have you been stuck in this stage?

It appears as though can see that even you are part of the play; it should all just drop away.

There's actually no one there brah.

You're supposed to move PAST it. How long have you been stuck in this stage?

It appears as though can see that even you are part of the play; it should all just drop away.

There's actually no one there brah.
    Idk man, used to get crazy anxiety over it trying to justify it away, I just dgaf anymore. Just gotta live with the world you were dealt. I guess I've been in this place for like 1.5 years, but sometimes I'll get immersed in it for a month or two which is great. Always comes back tho.
    N.O. Saints Crew

DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PHZA View Post
    I don't think I have this permanently but years ago in college when I was depressed, binge drinking 5 times a week, smoking weed and sleeping 12 hours all day and not seeing daylight in months I felt these feels.

Not directly about but somewhat related: (Don't even listen if feeling bad, this is possibly the most depressing song I have ever heard)

[video=youtube;Q87e6zNRJ3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q87e6zNRJ3s[video]
    a miscer posted this by him aswell

mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip

armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) armored has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PHZA View Post

[video=youtube;Q87e6zNRJ3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q87e6zNRJ3s/video]
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Life's a garden, dig it.
    http://thehungersite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/ths/home

clamz
    iwant2beswole
    nico

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Robocalypse View Post
    Madeupdisorder/10
    No its fairly common in people with certain anxiety problems and depression

I have had it... brb looking in the mirror and it feels like its someone else or feeling like your identity isnt connected so well to your thoughts... or forgetting crazy **** its pretty bad, lowered senses, hearing, touch. I developed it after i started getting panic attacks. Some days it hits me harder than others... just depends on how well im controlling depression/anxiety... staying away from triggers ( caffeine, alcohol)
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.