Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I don't want to really sound incredibly mean or anything, but what I've read and seen above is going to make what I say below EXTREMELY hard for you to read, much less to accept. So before anything else, please try to understand what I'm saying, and not get hurt/feel insulted about the manner in which I am going to say it. The only reason I'm saying the things they are is because what I've seen is incredulous...

Your diet is making me laugh. Seriously.

Well yesterday was meant to be a rest day but as I can't seem to do that at the moment (god damn you motivation) I went for a 3 mile run with the missus.

Nutrition for yesterday was:

McDonald chicken legend with salsa
    medium french fries with ketchup
    2 mcvities chocolate digestives
    prawn curry with thick noodles
    2 rolo's

Nutrition totals were: cals: 1983, protein: 45g, carbs: 198g, fat: 91g

Good day again kept a deficit plus a 300 cal burn from run put me at about 1700 cals net so a 800 cal deficit. Happy with that!
    Do you know what it is that you are putting into your body? Do you know what is coming out of your body? Did you bother to understand what foods are right and what are wrong for you? Do you know what is a slow and high GI carb and how do they behave differently in the body?

When you constructed this diet, did you SERIOUSLY think, that having donuts, having McD burgers and chocolates of ANY KIND, thick noodles, jams and sauces would do to your body?
    Do you understand the difference in terms of anabolism and catabolism?

Do you know the basic difference between fat loss and weight loss? Which is better and why? Weight loss, can happen with "Cals in vs Cals out", Fat loss CANNOT. Why would you want weight loss, specially if you aren't obese and have no visible muscle underneath at all, if you are the size you are, why are you not going for fat loss?

4 weeks to abs? And now 8 days to visible abs!? Just visible, forget ripped or shredded... Forgive me for forcing this on you, but you are at least 12 weeks out from a ripped and shredded state, and at least 6-8 weeks out from clean visble abs. Right now all you are doing is losing the muscle. Your progress yet has been no change except that your arms are getting more and more pumped(24 rep exercises? Seriously?)

I will gladly tell you WHY all of what you are doing is wrong(no I won't sell you anything), but I do not wish to waste my time and effort explaining to someone who is going to be thick headed and defensive rather than open to learning what went wrong. Now it is upto you to take this post in whichever way you feel and respond accordingly.

PS - I was kind of shocked at how people are coming up in the log and giving thumbs up and positive motivation(which is a great thing) , but not a single one either read, or if read comprehended your diet scheme. And if they did both, well...

superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by newuxtreme View Post
    I don't want to really sound incredibly mean or anything, but what I've read and seen above is going to make what I say below EXTREMELY hard for you to read, much less to accept. So before anything else, please try to understand what I'm saying, and not get hurt/feel insulted about the manner in which I am going to say it. The only reason I'm saying the things they are is because what I've seen is incredulous...

Your diet is making me laugh. Seriously.

Do you know what it is that you are putting into your body? Do you know what is coming out of your body? Did you bother to understand what foods are right and what are wrong for you? Do you know what is a slow and high GI carb and how do they behave differently in the body?

When you constructed this diet, did you SERIOUSLY think, that having donuts, having McD burgers and chocolates of ANY KIND, thick noodles, jams and sauces would do to your body?
    Do you understand the difference in terms of anabolism and catabolism?

Do you know the basic difference between fat loss and weight loss? Which is better and why? Weight loss, can happen with "Cals in vs Cals out", Fat loss CANNOT. Why would you want weight loss, specially if you aren't obese and have no visible muscle underneath at all, if you are the size you are, why are you not going for fat loss?

4 weeks to abs? And now 8 days to visible abs!? Just visible, forget ripped or shredded... Forgive me for forcing this on you, but you are at least 12 weeks out from a ripped and shredded state, and at least 6-8 weeks out from clean visble abs. Right now all you are doing is losing the muscle. Your progress yet has been no change except that your arms are getting more and more pumped(24 rep exercises? Seriously?)

I will gladly tell you WHY all of what you are doing is wrong(no I won't sell you anything), but I do not wish to waste my time and effort explaining to someone who is going to be thick headed and defensive rather than open to learning what went wrong. Now it is upto you to take this post in whichever way you feel and respond accordingly.

PS - I was kind of shocked at how people are coming up in the log and giving thumbs up and positive motivation(which is a great thing) , but not a single one either read, or if read comprehended your diet scheme. And if they did both, well...
    I appreciate that you have taken the time to write an in depth post. If you check my first post this is not a 4 week. Cut I'm only documenting the last 4 weeks of it. Also I am not doing 24 rep sets that was a one off you will see I. Typically do 6-8 reps. From what I learned from these forums in posts such as the how to lose fat from noobs and. Insights what foods make you fat and from Alan argon and martin berkhaman that there is no respectable difference in clean vs dirty cutting and body composition. Also as you will see in my previous posts I do not eat mcdonalds every day and get more closer to the 1g per pound of lean body mass of protein rather than the 45g you highlighted.

Also yes I am very we aware of current nutrition recommendations and. Glcemic. Load ect.
    This is obviously just what I have learnt so far but I think the greatest thing we can do is learn so I am very interested to here what you would suggest so please yes I would like to hear your advice because I currently agree with the below.

Originally posted by wonderpug :
    I strongly object to the term "eating clean" (and its many derivaties).

In my opinion, these terms are poorly defined metaphors, subject to wildly different interpretations based on individual opinions on what constitute a healthy diet.

For example, people in the low-fat, low-carb, vegetarian, ovo-lacto vegetarian, ovo-vegetarian, vegan, raw food, gluten free, fruitarian, casein-free, low glycemic index, Mediterranean diet and paleo camps often have substantially different interpretations as to what constitutes a proper diet and thus would categorize different foods as "clean" or "dirty".

Therefore, when people describe their diets as "clean", they are merely asserting that they eat what they think they are supposed to, rather than asserting why type of diet they are consuming. It doesn't in any way, shape or form speak to the specifics on the respondent's diet.

Thus, the term "eating clean" and it's many derivaties should not be used.

As a side point, individual food selection in and by itself does not determining bodyweight and composition. Rather, I believe that it's caloric balance and macronutrient/micronutrient sufficiency that contribute to diet's role in determining bodyweight and composition.*

Virtually all relevant peer-reviewed journal articles that I've read support this position, as do numerous clinical trails, observational studies and resulting meta-analysis of said studies.

That said, most of the respectable posters urge folks to derive as much of their diet as possible from whole foods, as such a diet is likely much healthier, especially in the long-term.

---------* Excepting those with metabolic disorders and other specific diseases."

I look forward to you showing me new evidence though :-)
    Last edited by superlean89; 03-31-2012 at 02:24 PM.

superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you going to. Reply I'm interested in what you have to say after that post. Always fun having to. Learn. Completely new diet principles. Can't wait!

newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by superlean89 View Post
    Are you going to. Reply I'm interested in what you have to say after that post. Always fun having to. Learn. Completely new diet principles. Can't wait!
    Firstly, I'm quite shocked at the fact that you took that strong post so well, and didn't respond with some crap flinging here and there. Much kudos and respect to you. And I'm not saying it because I'm involved here, rather I would have the same amount of respect if it were a discussion between you and someone else, and I was looking in, as a 3rd person.

I actually did go through your previous posts to see if this was the way you were going to lean down the whole way or is that an exceptional case of a cheat weekend or the same.

Give me a few hours, not at home right now, will explain what I meant by all the carbs and GI index etc.

Alright,

Firstly, I encourage the fact that you read up on article and research done by people who are passionate about the field. Th names you mentioned have quite a few articles of great importance credited to their name. Ilike to do m reading and research as well. At the same time however, I like to question everything anyone sys and find out the reason and logic of why someone says something, why something is supposed to work, and how.

EDIT : OMFG I just lost a monster post worth of information because of an accidental page refresh.... FML

Writing in Word now...
    Last edited by newuxtreme; 04-01-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Well firstly I love watching a lot of people's videos and information articles etc. To name a few, my own mentor's , Scooby, Vince Del Monte, Ian Mccarthy, HOdge Twins, Barthel Fitness and few more. Everyone knows a LOT about what they are talking about. But they all also have their certain weak spots and areas of the fitness field and information where they are not correct. Not even notentirely correct, butdownright ridiculously uninformed.
    I like reading up on stuff and I appreciate th fact that you do the same, but just make sure that you try and reason out why the particular thing that you learn abou works they way people say it does.

I'l start out about with my explanation of sugars for now and you don't need to take m word for it, you can research and authenticate everything I say, and accept it only if it makes complete sense to you.

Firstly, all carbs, which are not fibre/non fibrous, are referred o as dietary sugars w.t Sports Nutriton. From your rice and grains, to your chocoltes, biscuits, breads etc all constitute dietary sugars. Not o be confue with table sugar that we see daily.
    Glucose is the king of all sugars, with a Glycmic Index load of 100, what this means is that it takes next to n time whatsoever for the food to get into the bloodstream as blood sugar.
    Any carb as the job of getting released in to the blood stream as blood sugar. The speed is calculated/tracked using the GI.
    The higher the GI the faster something get's released into the bloo stream, so fast digesting. eg. White rice, White grains, White breads, Chocolates/Sucrose etc
    The lower the I the slower something get's released into the stream, and the more steady the flow of sugars into the blood stream.
    Why do we care aboutblood sugar at all?
    Insulin, as you may know about lready, is the hormone in our body, whose main job is to control blood sugar levels in the body. When sgars are released slow and steady into the body, the amount of Isulin released is less and so less insulin activity, meaning the sugars ar first directed to the enery using cells currently, then into the muscle and lier glycogen until the stores fill up(limited stores) and THEN into the Fat cells(unlimited storage). The last fat bit happens, only when there is surplus sugars(extra calories in the diet).
    When stuff such as glucose and dougnuts etc are eaten, instant releas of blood sugar into the blood sream, Insulin released like crazy, Insulin goes into panic and suvival mode, it grabs the insane amounts of sugars it sees in the blood stream and skips both the energy cells and the muscle and liver glycogen stores and goes directly into the only unlimited storage site it knows of, which is the adipose tissue, or simply Fat.

This isjust the explanation of how do sugars work in the body. Reading and comprehending the above, can you now understand why I said what I said. Specially since your carb sources are burger buns, sugars in sauces, donuts etc etc

Bro they aren't giving energy, rather going as adouble whammy, firstly no enrgy fom the carbs, secondly going directly for fat storage. Kind of a double negative when you're losing fat and trying to maintain muscle right?

I'm on. My phone so. Apologies for the short reply. I appreciate what you have just wrote. Are you familiar with Patrick Holford and the optimum nutrition bible. Contains all you need to know relating to glycemic load and glycemic I. Dex. Obviously glycemic load being the more important. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been proved that a. Carbohydrates are eventually broken down into glucose to enter the blood stream and. Also that the glycemic index is largely irrelevant In the concept of a mixed meal. Obviously this is just what I'm aware from current information on these forums.

Lastly I would like to add that I am familiar with everything you have just said and are probably going to say and i have just chosen to attempt a cut with different food choices from my typical foods and. I usually do go with healthier unprocessed for foods usually.

I may be wrong but and i am not having a dig it just seems that this is stuff that has been proved not to matter with current research. Yet again this is what I have learnt from this site and people such as lyle Mcdonald Alan argon and many knowledgeable posters on these forums sub as wonderpug.

I am also aware my diet had been acutely hypocaloric. I just chose to run it due to short timescales. Yes ino probably not the smartest idea.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    While your daily intake (as quoted by Newuxtreme) seems terrible, the reasons why your diet is very bad are not the reasons stated by Newuxtreme. In fact, Newuxtreme seems to have little to no grasp of the subject of nutrition.

The problem is that example day's diet is acutely deficient in micronutrients, total energy intake and protein.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    While your daily intake (as quoted by Newuxtreme) seems terrible, the reasons why your diet is very bad are not the reasons stated by Newuxtreme. In fact, Newuxtreme seems to have little to no grasp of the subject of nutrition.

The problem is that example day's diet is acutely deficient in micronutrients, total energy intake and protein.
    Thank you pug this is what I thought. And yes I no I am guilty as charged for having an acutely hypocaloric diet (which we be fixed now) you have my word pug sir!

Tdee is 2500
    The rest of my cut will now be
    2100 cals
    150g protein
    190g cars
    80g fat

Does that seem better pug?

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ Your energy intake and macronutrient intake seem reasonable. How about your micronutrient intake?

^ Your energy intake and macronutrient intake seem reasonable. How about your micronutrient intake?
    Thanks. Would 6g fish oil per day and a multivitamin and 1000mg vitamin c per day cover the micros? Also do you think 2100 cals is ok or would 2200 be more sufficient?

Originally Posted by superlean89 View Post
    Thanks. Would 6g fish oil per day and a multivitamin and 1000mg vitamin c per day cover the micros? Also do you think 2100 cals is ok or would 2200 be more sufficient?
    If your TDEE is really 2,500 calories per day, then you're safe at 2,100 calories.

In terms of nutrient intake, it seems like you're trying to avoid nutrient dense whole and minimally processed foods while relying on pills. This is not a good idea.*

--------------
    * See:

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/conten...wq447.abstract
    http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/297/8/842.abstract
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/78/3/517...urcetype=HWCIT
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/79/6/1060.full

If your TDEE is really 2,500 calories per day, then you're safe at 2,100 calories.

In terms of nutrient intake, it seems like you're trying to avoid nutrient dense whole and minimally processed foods while relying on pills. This is not a good idea.*

--------------
    * See:

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/conten...wq447.abstract
    http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/297/8/842.abstract
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/78/3/517...urcetype=HWCIT
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/79/6/1060.full
    Thanks pug I will check out the links you posted and you have my word I will eat as much good foods as possible to get the nutrients from diet.. Thanks for all your help sir it is much appreciated!
    Just quickly what are some a few foods you would recommend that you Include in your diet?

grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000) grignasty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey stumbled across your log from the nutrition thread you made. Great job so far you're killing it!

Also just something i picked up-- leafy green vegetables are good for getting some nice micros, They're filling, and not very calorie dense at all. I think an 8oz(227g) bag of spinach is only around 70 calories.

Keep up the good work!
    Once a Jabroni, Always a Jabroni

Originally Posted by grignasty View Post
    Hey stumbled across your log from the nutrition thread you made. Great job so far you're killing it!

Also just something i picked up-- leafy green vegetables are good for getting some nice micros, They're filling, and not very calorie dense at all. I think an 8oz(227g) bag of spinach is only around 70 calories.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks bro appreciate you. Checking in and your advice. I'll be getting some good veg tomorrow plus I really like. Spinach!

You're right.
    Superlean, my bad dude, just take the Optimen or whatever stack you wish to for micros and watch the fat just drop off of you! Micro's are magic and I can't believe in all my years of learning I never understood that micros matter a lot more than macros(despte their names suggesting the opposite) or food types.

You're right.
    Superlean, my bad dude, just take the Optimen or whatever stack you wish to for micros and watch the fat just drop off of you! Micro's are magic and I can't believe in all my years of learning I never understood that micros matter a lot more than macros(despte their names suggesting the opposite) or food types.
    No worries man its all good. As i said learning is the most valuable experience we can get. Be good to have you for the rest of the log though bro!

(Yesterday) Chest and Biceps Day

Well after some good solid advice from the might wonder pug I have decided to overhaul my diet. It is not perfect but will get better over time. I am going to aim to eat the bulk of my diet with as much unprocessed nutrient dense foods as possible but I still will eat some not so good food to fill the rest.
    I am still going to take a multi vitamin, fish oil and vitamin c to cover my bases. My new macros will be 2100 cals so 400 cals under my maintenance 150g protein 190g carbs and 80g fats. Since eating like this my strength feels a lot better and so do I overall!
    I do regret cuttinf so fast this time but thats my fault due to timescales ect however I am still happy with my progress as I have worked hard and been consistent. Slow and steady wins the race and this will be the way from now.
    I have until the 9th April to eat my new macros then it's my holiday. After that I will be clean bulking for the rest of 2012 eating probs about 400ish cals over my maintenance which is 2500 cals.

Anyways my workout for yesterday was:

Bench press
    154lbs- 2 sets of 6 reps
    154lbs- 3 sets of 8 reps PRRRR!!!!!

Incline dumbell press
    55lbs dumbells- 1 set of 8 reps
    66lbs dumbells- 1 set of 7 reps
    72lbs dumbells- 1 set of 6 reps PRRRR!!!!!

Decline press (first time I'bve tried these, once I got in position they were good)
    132lbs- 3 sets of 6 reps

Keiser flyes
    4 sets of 12 reps fully extended

Cable curls
    121lbs- 1 set of 6 reps
    130lbs- 3 sets of 6 reps

Barbell curls (15 sec rest between sets)
    66lbs- 4 sets of 6 reps

Great workout and happy with the pr's. Looks like pugs advice is working a treat. Cant wait for the strength to come and especially when I start my clean bulk after holiday. Psyched!!

Yesterdays nutrition looked like this:

50g multigrain hoops cerial with 200ml organic semi skimmed milk
    50g oneon vanilla whey with water (yes at some point this will become eggs or someting just currently easier with convenience)
    1 multivitamin, 1 1000mg vitamin c, 6 oneon fish oil capsules
    2 slices organic wholemeal fresh bread with 40g meridian natural crunchy peanut butter
    50g oneon vanilla whey with water (yet again this will be replaced just currently more convenient)
    3 reese's peanut butter cups
    1 free range marks and spencer oakham chicken breat wrapped in two slices parma ham
    100g spaghetti with tomato and wild mushroom sauce and 10g grated parmesan cheese
    100ml organic semi skimmed milk

Nutrition totals: cals: 2163, protein: 161g, carbs: 219g, fats: 71g

Felt a mile better eating like this so yet again thanks pug. More improvements to come after the holiday!

Over and out until later as it's legs and shoulders today. Squat time baby!!

Dude I was being sarcastic about the last reply... Micro's are the icing on e cake, only if the macronutrients in the diet are proportioned correctly and in the right quality. I would like it if wonderpug could help me out and let me know where I'm going wrong acc to him. Specially since my entire post was about nothing but carbs/sugars and not about thermogenic foods and protein.

Dude I was being sarcastic about the last reply... Micro's are the icing on e cake, only if the macronutrients in the diet are proportioned correctly and in the right quality. I would like it if wonderpug could help me out and let me know where I'm going wrong acc to him. Specially since my entire post was about nothing but carbs/sugars and not about thermogenic foods and protein.
    Everything you posted about carbs/ sugars is irrelevant as glycemic load does not matter in the context of a mixed meal. The reason he posted is because what you said made no sense and is not necessary to achieve a good body composition.

Now I see why your in the red.........

Oh well I did try. Please vacate my log as I do not want to fill it up with irrelevant arguements.

If GI load doesn't matter, why do we even have it. I doubt that we ever eat a meal which is pure 100% carbs.
    Every meal is a 'mixed meal'.

Also, explain to me how do you justify then, not taking only fast acting protein, but also taking glucose, pure carbs and the fastest form of it, immediately after a workout along with your protein. Is that not a 'mixed meal'.

When I said you are proven wrong, I gave the proof and detail for it, when you or anyone can prove me wrong, PLEASE DO SO. I am willing to learn what I do not know, but not when you do not have any proof, rather remark about my E-stats.

Also, like I mentioned before and like has been documented(W.Loss on McD diet). You CAN lose WEIGHT on a low calorie junk meal diet. Your results are proving it.
    You can't expect no muscle loss and pure fat loss and efficient improved body composition when you mix your meals up with random foods you grab off the shelf. Your results are proving it.

My bad though trying to help & explain and bring in science to a forum/discussion board where what matters is the size of your E-penis rather than your scientific knowledge & background.

If GI load doesn't matter, why do we even have it. I doubt that we ever eat a meal which is pure 100% carbs.
    Every meal is a 'mixed meal'.

Also, explain to me how do you justify then, not taking only fast acting protein, but also taking glucose, pure carbs and the fastest form of it, immediately after a workout along with your protein. Is that not a 'mixed meal'.

When I said you are proven wrong, I gave the proof and detail for it, when you or anyone can prove me wrong, PLEASE DO SO. I am willing to learn what I do not know, but not when you do not have any proof, rather remark about my E-stats.

Also, like I mentioned before and like has been documented(W.Loss on McD diet). You CAN lose WEIGHT on a low calorie junk meal diet. Your results are proving it.
    You can't expect no muscle loss and pure fat loss and efficient improved body composition when you mix your meals up with random foods you grab off the shelf. Your results are proving it.

My bad though trying to help & explain and bring in science to a forum/discussion board where what matters is the size of your E-penis rather than your scientific knowledge & background.
    Please see: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/di...clean_diet.htm

Insert:

"Dan Moore: I think what is far more important and necessary is to realize that caloric density is the issue and not so much whether it’s a “dirty” food item. Think of it this way—whether it’s pizza and Twinkies or lettuce and chicken breast, it’s the energy they contain that’s important. It tends to be far easier to eat more calories in denser caloric content foods. Of course, this would lead to overeating and making a cut more difficult. Many believe that DNL is a whole lot more prevalent than what it actually is and most research looking at DNL have already given us enough insight to say, “It takes a lot of carbs (far more than what is typically consumed in a cutting program) in absence of fat to cause any discernable increase in adipose.” So I definitely believe that it’s just a little easier to maintain a reduced caloric intake if eating “clean” when trying to shed body fat, but there is no more of a magical fat gaining potential to “dirty” foods versus “clean” if still eating within a hypocaloric state.

Martin Berkhan: From a purely physiological standpoint, it probably doesn’t matter if you’re including foods in your diet that may be labeled unclean by the generic bodybuilder. As long as protein remains a constant, there won’t be any measurable differences in fat loss in the short term when comparing two diets where the rest would be made up by either “clean” or “unclean foods.” There might be some long-term effects on body composition on a diet where fat and carbohydrate food choices are the worst possible (think trans fats and high fructose corn syrup), but these extremes aren’t relevant to the discussion in this context because I don’t think any competing bodybuilder subsists on such foods to a significant degree pre-contest. I do think one should opt for food choices that have satiating and nutritive properties in relation to their caloric content. These foods will in most cases be made up with foods that are traditionally labeled “clean.” However, I do think having cheat meals or “unclean” foods at least once a week has benefits in terms of adherence and sanity during the pre-contest diet (or any other diet for that matter).

Alan Aragon: It really makes no difference from a purely physiological standpoint as long as macronutrition is in check. This is evidenced by the mere fact that you can take ten different coaches (or competitors) and see that they have ten distinctly different approaches to pre-contest preparation. Nevertheless, their athletes will all show up on stage at the maximal degree of leanness that their genetics will allow. You’ll never see a competitor magically show up in better shape than he once did all because of switching out one doughnut per week with a cup of brown rice and a tablespoon of olive oil.

In some cases, “clean” foods can be more satiating because of their water volume and fiber content (i.e. a potato versus three tablespoons of syrup). Therefore, dominating a pre-contest diet with calorie dense “dirty” foods might not give the dieter as much mileage in terms of feeling full enough under restricted calories. By the same token, completely eliminating calorie dense junk foods gives the dieter a false sense of accomplishment and short circuits the performance enhancing capabilities of eating indulgent stuff to elevate mood. If you can “spike” up your mood with food you love the taste of, regardless of clean or junky, you can definitely boost your training performance. Therefore, you can maintain more strength and/or endurance in the face of a caloric deficit. The “food mood ergogenesis body composition” cascade is something many physique athletes fail to take advantage of.

On a final note about clean versus dirty dieting, the effects of eating hot dogs and syrup for your protein, carbs, and fat versus eating typical health nut bodybuilding fare would only impact the athlete in the long term. I’m talking about the cumulative effect of years of not ingesting disease preventive and immune enhancing nutrients typically lacking in classic junk food. So to summarize the answer, keep the junk in the minority of your overall daily or weekly calories (say 10–20 percent), and you won’t suffer any short- or long-term consequences.

Layne Norton: No, there is no reason one can’t have white rice, white bread, or the like when trying to lose fat. Most people are so concerned about the glycemic index of these foods that they don’t realize the glycemic index is only measured when a carb source is eaten by itself. If you combine the carb source with a protein, fat, and fiber found in a complete meal, the glycemic index is essentially blunted and washed out by the other foods. So if you want white rice, you can have it as long as you have some veggies and steak or chicken with it. "

Also gi can help in the context of transporting certain nutrients ect however we are talking about bodycomposition here were it will not under total energy intake as long as macronutrients are in check.

Please leave my log
    Last edited by superlean89; 04-03-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Included some of the text from link

Legs and Shoulders Day!

Good day strength is coming back due to increased cals. Workout was:

Squats
    220lbs- 1 set of 6 reps
    242lbs- 1 set of 6 reps
    253lbs- 1 set of 6 reps
    264lbs- 1 set of 12 reps PRRRR!!!!

Leg extensions
    225lbs- 1 set of 6 reps
    286lbs- 2 sets of 6 reps
    286lbs- 1 set of 10 reps PRRRR!!!

Seated hamstring curls
    225lbs- 3 sets of 6 reps
    286lbs- 1 set of 6 reps PRRR!!!

Standing single leg hamstring curls
    60lbs- 4 sets of 6 reps per leg

Seated calf raise
    176lbs- 1 set of 6 reps
    242lbs- 3 sets of 6 reps PRRR!!!

Standing calf raises
    528lbs- 4 sets of 10 reps (10 sec rest between sets)

Military press
    99lbs- 4 sets of 6 reps

Dumbell lateral raises
    33lbs- 4 sets of 6 reps

Dumbell shrugs (no rest between sets back to back with workout partner)
    66lbs dumbells- 6 sets of 10 reps

Great workout and happy with the PR's.

Totays nutrition was:

50g oneon vanilla whey protein with water
    50g multigrain hoops cereal with 200ml organic semi skimmed milk
    2 slices organic wholemeal bread with 40g meridian natural crunchy peanut butter
    tesco finest belgian chocolate cookie
    3 large organic free range eggs with 50g mature taw valley cheddar cheese
    100g mixed blueberries and strawberries

Nutrition totals: cals: 2396, protein: 155g, carbs: 207g, fats: 107g

Great day feel really good at the moment. Another day closer to the holiday. Can't wait!
    Rest day tomorrow then back, triceps and abs on Thursday. Can't wait to get some deadlifts in!

Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snax56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, diet looks much better. As long as you keep that protein high you can fill in the rest with whatever. Believe me, I'm no stranger to McDonalds and fitting it into IF. My suggestion would be McDoubles (two patties, one slice of cheese) and snackwraps (obviously grilled is better for you, but that crispy ranch: HNGGGGGG). And unfortunately, fries gotta go. I know, sadface but it's just empty carbs and fat, not worth it IMO unless you're a fiend for them and need it. People above have good points though, when crafting my meals I look at macros then taste, then health is probably at the bottom of the list unfortunately. It's easy to forget how bad some foods are for you when you're still losing weight eating them huh. But otherwise, you're still on track and still reaching your goals, cant argue with that. Keep it up mang!
    My journey to 12% bodyfat
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141078291

Victory favors preparation.

Originally Posted by Snax56 View Post
    Hey man, diet looks much better. As long as you keep that protein high you can fill in the rest with whatever. Believe me, I'm no stranger to McDonalds and fitting it into IF. My suggestion would be McDoubles (two patties, one slice of cheese) and snackwraps (obviously grilled is better for you, but that crispy ranch: HNGGGGGG). And unfortunately, fries gotta go. I know, sadface but it's just empty carbs and fat, not worth it IMO unless you're a fiend for them and need it. People above have good points though, when crafting my meals I look at macros then taste, then health is probably at the bottom of the list unfortunately. It's easy to forget how bad some foods are for you when you're still losing weight eating them huh. But otherwise, you're still on track and still reaching your goals, cant argue with that. Keep it up mang!
    Hey bro. Thanks for the reply. Good to hear from ya. Yeah I do generally try to keep clean but this cut has been a convenience factor also and same here not good but health probs falls on bottom of the list. Strength and energy are through the roof now due to not as big deficit and better macros. I think ideally try to eat healthy as possible nutrient dense food but you need to meet your macros. Had to cut at such big deficit due to timescales. Deadlift day tomorrow guna go for a pr!

Rest day today.

Nutrition for today will be:

2 slices allinsons wholemeal bread with 40g meridian natural crunchy peanut butter
    3 organic free range whole eggs with 50g taw valley cheddar cheese
    30g multigrain hoops cereal with 100ml organic semi skimmed milk
    100g mixed strawberries and blueberries

Nutrition totals: cals: 2184, protein: 158g, carbs: 172g, fats: 96g

Good day on point. Although I'm eating more I'm looking slightly leaner. Maybe due to muscles not being as flat so looking more pumped.

Back day tomorrow so deadlifts will be in order. Guna go for a pr!

Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome job on the PR's man! Calories definitely help with strength and keeping the muscles looking full. Keep it up!
    Add me on instagram @davidgzz1981

Originally Posted by Striation View Post
    Awesome job on the PR's man! Calories definitely help with strength and keeping the muscles looking full. Keep it up!
    Thanks bro will do! Not long until the holiday!

FatBurger & fries = $2.95 TheBrightTimes's Avatar
    TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000) TheBrightTimes is a complete loser! (-2000)
    just checkedi n. awesome log. plan on cutting up and getting lower weight/bf% by June 1st. wish me luck bro, im using your log as motivation!!!

Hunger Aint Worth a ShìT. TinyMuscolo's Avatar
    TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't be scared of having some days where you hit higher cals; when you put your attention to the average cal/die for the week, it'll be irrelevant...keep it up! How long do you think it takes till u reach your goal?
    Food Porn leads to less Bodyfat, study shows:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143649653&p=858355973

Be consistent with cardio, act like me, I skip it EVERYDAY!

Can one weekend of bad eating really ruin a week of dieting? Well, can one quick trip to Vegas ruin 2 months of saving? Same thing basically.
    -Brad Pilon

Originally Posted by TheBrightTimes View Post
    just checkedi n. awesome log. plan on cutting up and getting lower weight/bf% by June 1st. wish me luck bro, im using your log as motivation!!!
    Thnaks for checking in bro Good to have you. Good luck with you log! Whats the link to you log?

Repped!