Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000)
    get some chuck taylors for 30$

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 765 View Post
    good for PL and sitback squats, bad for OL and knee break squats
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Registered User NWGA_dispatcher's Avatar
    NWGA_dispatcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NWGA_dispatcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NWGA_dispatcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NWGA_dispatcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NWGA_dispatcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok I'll look into those. thanks

proteinsynth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proteinsynth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proteinsynth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the Nike Romaleos can only be given at this time by nike themselfs. at the schoolage nationals in disney i saw them. they are sick as hell. they gave the shoes to most of the athleats that train at the OTC.
    weight: 189
    Bench: 360lbs
    C+J: 160kg
    snatch: 115kg
    military: 220lbs
    front squat: 180kg
    back squat: 230kg

GROPEGRABOSHITWTFBBQ! Hard Drive's Avatar
    Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What purpose does a higher/lower heel serve in weightlifting?

I'm considering the rogues, in fact the only thing stopping me from purchasing them right now is that I'm not sure if I'd need a higher heel.

Recently switched to squat jerks, but my knees shoot pretty far out on these. Does that mean a higher heel would be better or should I just spread my feet out a bit more(sumo squat lol?)
    Rice Power Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=332791061

Success requires single-mindedness of purpose.
    ---------------
    tofu/rice/ranch---no meat

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PUU<3 View Post
    What purpose does a higher/lower heel serve in weightlifting?

I'm considering the rogues, in fact the only thing stopping me from purchasing them right now is that I'm not sure if I'd need a higher heel.

Recently switched to squat jerks, but my knees shoot pretty far out on these. Does that mean a higher heel would be better or should I just spread my feet out a bit more(sumo squat lol?)
    the instant you put them on you feel way more stable, sitting down between your legs into a full squat (especially at the bottom of a snatch or clean) becomes much easier, every pro weightlifter wears high heeled shoes of some brand for a reason.

- Stizzel

Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    the instant you put them on you feel way more stable, sitting down between your legs into a full squat (especially at the bottom of a snatch or clean) becomes much easier, every pro weightlifter wears high heeled shoes of some brand for a reason.
    that didn't tell me a thing i needed to know.

i wanted to know what the difference is the higher the heel, as to what it does for the lift and how it could apply to my technique.
    Rice Power Log

---------------

that didn't tell me a thing i needed to know.

i wanted to know what the difference is the higher the heel, as to what it does for the lift and how it could apply to my technique.
    they allow to sit down into your lifts better, the way someone is supposed to snatch or clean which I don't see happening very much with people who try O-lift in flat shoes, it's that difference that will improve your form and thus improve your lifts.

- Stizzel

Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    they allow to sit down into your lifts better, the way someone is supposed to snatch or clean which I don't see happening very much with people who try O-lift in flat shoes, it's that difference that will improve your form and thus improve your lifts.
    you're still neglecting the difference between what the advantages are of say between a rogue and the nike shoes, the nikes having a higher heel.

aack, forget it, i just ordered the rogue thingamajiggers. i hope they get here soon, i'm bored...
    Last edited by PUU<3; 07-05-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    Rice Power Log

---------------

you're still neglecting the difference between what the advantages are of say between a rogue and the nike shoes, the nikes having a higher heel.
    higher heels are better for those with lacking flexibility (might be the ankles or hamstrings) or longer legs; you won't find heels higher than 1 and 3/4" is what I've heard (those would be on the VS's or the dowins pre-2008).

I also heard that the nikes are no higher than the adidas (they just look higher) and the rogues are cut down from the original dowins so they're about the same size as the adistar or ironwork.

- Stizzel

mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000)
    just got my pair of do-wins from glenn pendlay, can't wait to try em out!

Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it really that important to use them while training? I never used them before, I usually workout in my saucony running shoes, sometimes even my flat soled wrestling shoes. And heck, I got a 200 kg oly total while using them. I just wonder if all the years I've lifted in "normal" shoes has helped me develop better balance and stability.

I remember one accomplished olympic lifter said he wouldn't even be able to lift without weightlifting shoes. I don't think that's good. Is their stability so bad that they wouldn't be able to do it without the shoes?

Not saying the shoes are bad, I'll probably pick up some when I actually got money to spare (anyone got a size 9 they don't need?)
    PR's:
    Bench: 300 lbs
    Back Squat: 380 lbs
    Clean and Jerk: 130 kg (286 lbs)
    Snatch: 100 kg (220 lbs)
    Deadlift: 5 x 345 lbs

Originally Posted by Quarter Nelson View Post
    Is it really that important to use them while training? I never used them before, I usually workout in my saucony running shoes, sometimes even my flat soled wrestling shoes. And heck, I got a 200 kg oly total while using them. I just wonder if all the years I've lifted in "normal" shoes has helped me develop better balance and stability.

I remember one accomplished olympic lifter said he wouldn't even be able to lift without weightlifting shoes. I don't think that's good. Is their stability so bad that they wouldn't be able to do it without the shoes?

Not saying the shoes are bad, I'll probably pick up some when I actually got money to spare (anyone got a size 9 they don't need?)
    I can squat and O-lift barefoot, it's just that the stability of the shoe is so much better that I really wouldn't want to lift without them; nothing wrong with above average flexibility but when you put on the shoes I wouldn't be suprised if you got some PR's right away.

- Stizzel

kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im getting the nikes when they come out. im going into my senior weightlifting season, and i want to win a state championship looking good

rogues came in yesterday.

last night I did a 135lb drop snatch right off the bat, with regular gym weights, EASY.

today I squat jerked 60kg for the first time ever as well.

I'm impressed.

Only issue I have is one: my heels hurt a bit from the impact two: it's messing me up a bit out of the hole on ATG. It's like my lower back curves a little more easily for some reason. that's actually a good thing for the squat jerks because it lets me be really capable of recentering my body under the bar, but it messes me up on some of my strength training...

Very worth the price. I won't ever lift without them.
    Rice Power Log

---------------

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    a little overview of Nike Romaleos by the designer:

and some pics on the nikelabs site:
    http://www.nike.com/nikelab/site.htm...oduct/romaleos
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000) shiznut123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post

Nice, I can't wait for the release, now I got to decide which color to get...

kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im going with black and green

Dorian: Best Mr. O ever SSK1903's Avatar
    SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seems ludicrously expensive.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112301641&page=3

"Training is 100%. Nutrition is 100%. Recovery is 100%." - Dorian Yates

fedor_anatoly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

ha

i remember back in russia i wore shoes my coach had worn and a thousand other athletes ha

fedor_anatoly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by 765 View Post
    you have no clue what you are speaking of

Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Red nikes are pimpin. How much of a heel lift are in these about 1 1/4 in?

jesus thinks youre a jerk ehlpitel's Avatar
    ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "When the athlete splits into a snatch position, they have almost 500lbs on that back foot"... followed by a picture of a female lifter doing a split jerk.

WTF is that guy talking about.

Maybe I'm just retarded...

BTW, for anyone who didn't watch it, I'm referring to the video of the Nike Romaleos' designer.
    How many gymrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Seven. One to screw in the bulb and six to say, "Bro, you're huge, man! Ripped!"

gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL i heard that too. Itd be nice if the guy who designed the shoe actually knew the difference between two lifts...

Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ehlpitel View Post
    "When the athlete splits into a snatch position, they have almost 500lbs on that back foot"... followed by a picture of a female lifter doing a split jerk.

WTF is that guy talking about.

Maybe I'm just retarded...

BTW, for anyone who didn't watch it, I'm referring to the video of the Nike Romaleos' designer.
    He also said something like "these guys are holding 1000 lbs. over their head."

the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_last_taco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Has anyone ordered shoes from dynamic-eleiko.com? and how long did it take for the shoes to arrive? ( still not here for me)

Originally Posted by the_last_taco View Post
    Has anyone ordered shoes from dynamic-eleiko.com? and how long did it take for the shoes to arrive? ( still not here for me)
    they'll take about a week to be delivered when Todd Lyons ships them, which may or may not be the day you make the order (I ordered adistars on tuesday 3 weeks ago, he said he wouldn't be able to ship them till monday of the week after and then got them a week after that)

- Stizzel

Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Got my paycheck. Ready to buy some shoes. Just wanted to make sure I make the right decision. I was wondering if oly shoes have variations in size. I wear a 9.5 for my casual shoes and a 9 for my running and wrestling shoes. My feet are a little on the wide side.

I'm leaning towards the blue suede do-wins (http://store.wfwclub.com/blsudosh.html). Would size 9 be okay for that? Do they have a return/exchange policy if it doesn't fit? Any problems with it?

And if anyone knows of anything cheaper than $85, new or used, tell me because I work minimum wage paying my way through college lol.

Thanks and reps.
    PR's:
    Bench: 300 lbs
    Back Squat: 380 lbs
    Clean and Jerk: 130 kg (286 lbs)
    Snatch: 100 kg (220 lbs)
    Deadlift: 5 x 345 lbs

gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gocloneme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so goju you got the new adistars from dynamik?
    because when i ordered mine he said they were
    having trouble with customs and might take extra time.