Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Incline dumbbell press for upper pecs

sheikhfaissal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by muscle_warrior View Post
    Hi guys what would you say is the best exercise to work on the upper chest
    Barbell inclined press
    Inclined flies

GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MantisShrimp View Post
    For bodybuilding and not practical strength applications, my money is on Incline Lever Lying Fly, although I am not sure if there is a machine that can do that so my second vote would go to incline dumbell fly.

I do incline dumbell press because I like them and they are convenient, but I don't know why people get down on the fly motion, that's the way the pectorals are intended to activate and it mostly removes the tricep from the pectoral motion. Of course it does not remove the anterior deltoid because it's almost impossible to activate the chest without the shoulder. Now incline dumbell will allow you to load the chest the most, but they will not work the pecs the most specifically. So maybe it's a tie. I think both are important for BBers.

And some would argue that the Atrainer incline cable fly with the supinated grip is #1

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...hmentid=101261
    I'm sorry to bring this up because this is an 8 year old thread, but I just had to say this:

Sir, sorry but I think you're wrong in saying that fly movements target the front delts. I believe they target the side delts because you raise your arms to the sides essentially when doing a fly motion.

satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10) satoshii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GetBigs View Post
    I'm sorry to bring this up because this is an 8 year old thread, but I just had to say this:

Sir, sorry but I think you're wrong in saying that fly movements target the front delts. I believe they target the side delts because you raise your arms to the sides essentially when doing a fly motion.
    I thought so too. Thanks for bringing that up and clarifying things. We could be wrong but then again, we're all here to learn so it's all good.

samuel031 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The thing i find the best is to skip flat bench for 4 wks (dont flip out yet ) and do incline and decline every chest day for those for weeks but if your going to choose one over the other atleast do it for 3 wks then go to the other also toy with your reps you upper chest may respond better to say 5 sets 12 reps while lower responds better to 3sets 8 reps thats how min is its YOUR job to find that out and get big in the mean time dont forget also just cause you did decline dosent mean you cant do another inclie exercise such as low 2/3 cable crossover also try mixing one or to back exercises in with it like very light weight t bar rows or ben over rows this wil strech the chest better than what you can and growth need room so strech it and let it grow

feshfen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) feshfen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Do some incline presses with a BB