Closed Thread
Page 286 of 287 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,580 of 8601
    KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My rides have been going awesome lately. I didn't have to get off the bike for a break once a couple days ago and made it through the course in record time. I had to hop off a few times on the steep up's but that was it. I'm really enjoying riding lately and it's a blast using Strava to track everything. Think I'm going to go out again tomorrow after my weightlifting and yoga session!
    "Go home to your dumbbells, go work on your pecs and your lats! We're all REALLY impressed!"-Elaine Benes (The Parking Garage-1991)

Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smaxmid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    cycle lol

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KReyn View Post
    My rides have been going awesome lately. I didn't have to get off the bike for a break once a couple days ago and made it through the course in record time. I had to hop off a few times on the steep up's but that was it. I'm really enjoying riding lately and it's a blast using Strava to track everything. Think I'm going to go out again tomorrow after my weightlifting and yoga session!
    Strava is the best and worst thing to happen to cycling.

Enjoy but keep it safe brah
    Coffee Crew: Bold Black Crew

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DJake View Post
    Back on the tri bike (Trek Speed Concept) twice in the last week. Haven't been on in 6 months. Anybody else use trainers? I have a Kurt Kinetic Rock N Roll trainer and a set of rollers that I used once. Trying to figure out space in my workout room for the trainer and a good size TV.
    I have a Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer that the wife uses... and I use my aluminium rollers for all of my indoor rides. Most often in from of the computer with a fan on me.

Originally Posted by gatovolador View Post
    I have a Kurt trainer; I basically watch anime (subtitles, cause the trainer is loud) on my laptop or listen to music and ride for 30-60 minutes. If you have an ipad you can just get a microphone stand for it for $30-50, no TV needed. Or a laptop, just stick it on a table in front of you.
    I watch tv shows usually. It's always sunny in philadelphia, the league, dexter, californication, etc...

Originally Posted by camaleom View Post
    all my indoor WO are interval base so I just basically watch the computer counting down every second until the interval is done... :-/
    indoor riding for me is just base miles and constant watts.

Originally Posted by RockyIV View Post
    Strava is the best and worst thing to happen to cycling.

Enjoy but keep it safe brah
    For real... it is better to compare yourself to yourself instead of comparing to other riders... you never know how they achieved their times (group rides, solo, tt, etc...)
    IM Tri Crew - Misc Photog Crew - ♞ Misc Dominant Crew ♞ - Bicycle Brah Crew - Misc Running Crew - Alpine Ski Crew

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Training for 4th marathon Boagrius's Avatar
    Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bike brahs, runner checking in. Well I've finally made the jump. I signed up for a sprint tri in June (might be late May I can't remember), and then an Olympic tri in the fall along with my marathon...fuark. Never done a tri before so I'm looking to get a road bike to train in. I don't need anything even remotely serious as I won't be going for a set time, just to have fun and do a tri.

People come in to the running thread all the time and say "what shoes should I get" or "what should I wear" so to avoid being that guy...are there any brands of bikes or beginner models that I should look at? I know as close to nothing as you can about bikes so any help is appreciated. Thank you bros.
    WE ARE.........
    PENN STATE, Redskins, Caps, O's

✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

DEFTONES

SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Boagrius View Post
    Bike brahs, runner checking in. Well I've finally made the jump. I signed up for a sprint tri in June (might be late May I can't remember), and then an Olympic tri in the fall along with my marathon...fuark. Never done a tri before so I'm looking to get a road bike to train in. I don't need anything even remotely serious as I won't be going for a set time, just to have fun and do a tri.

People come in to the running thread all the time and say "what shoes should I get" or "what should I wear" so to avoid being that guy...are there any brands of bikes or beginner models that I should look at? I know as close to nothing as you can about bikes so any help is appreciated. Thank you bros.
    What you are looking for in a road bike is an aluminum frame, with probably Shimano 105 components, or SRAM Rival or better.
    Last edited by SpyderTT; 01-29-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    IM Tri Crew - Misc Photog Crew - ♞ Misc Dominant Crew ♞ - Bicycle Brah Crew - Misc Running Crew - Alpine Ski Crew

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

If you already have a mountain bike go with that with slicks instead of knobby tires. If not then start looking at Craigslist or even your local bike shop. They usually have some used bikes they are selling. You'll hear both sides telling you to get as much bike as you can afford or to get something entry for a couple of hundred dollars and see if you like it. If you do like it you can sell it and "invest" in a new nice road bike. I say invest in quotes because it's an expensive hobby once you get into it. As far as brands go it's more about he components than the frame it self. For a starter bike an aluminum bike is just fine and if you can find a Shimano 105 groupset in your budget then go with it or a SRAM APEX.

Stay away from Walmart or Target store bikes. Those things are complete crap.

What is your budget?

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000)

I've seen people on Walmart mountain bikes and beach cruisers in sprint races. If you really want to get into biking, get a decent bike with at least Shimano 105 or SRAM Rival components. If you buy a new bike, make sure the dealer you buy it from gives you a proper fit to the bike. I also recommend a double front instead of a triple sprockets. Lower on weight and the gearing normally isn't all that much different.

Also remember that after buying a bike, you will need a good pump, bag for under the seat, c02 cartridges, helmet, gloves, shoes, clip on pedals (I love Speedplays), and extra tubes among other things. Cadence sensor is great to have so you're not wasting energy. Also, I don't know what budget you're working with, but if you'll be doing a lot of training, pick up a GPS watch. They can be as cheap as $100 or you can get what I have which is the Garmin 910xt, which tracks swim in open water, pool laps, running, and biking, and is freaking amazing.

If you just want to try it out to see how you like it first, I'd say pick up a bike and helmet and pedal with your running shoes on. Watch fit videos on YouTube and try to make yours feel as good as possible, but there truly is nothing better than a good fit by a dealership.

As far as brands go, any road bike will do good for you, but I like Trek, Specialized, and Felt myself.

King of the Hill fan Rambostyne's Avatar
    Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As I was getting my bike ready to head off to work this morning I realized that some ****ing bumbaclot stole my lights and patch kit out of my bike while I was at work Sunday. The lights aren't very useful without the mounting brackets and the patch kit is only a few bucks so it's like it was done just to inconvenience me. On the plus side, my frame mounted air pump is still there.

Hell in a handbasket.
    Misc Bicycle Club - https://www.strava.com/clubs/armstrongballclub

*Atheist Alliance*

*cheeky alliance*

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000)

Forgot in my earlier post, but check out the forum at beginnertriathlete.com. Tons of great information and they will answer any questions you have.

They also have specific State forums so you can talk to people near you and even set up group rides. Also they will tell you the best bike dealerships around the area.

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you already have a mountain bike go with that with slicks instead of knobby tires. If not then start looking at Craigslist or even your local bike shop. They usually have some used bikes they are selling. You'll hear both sides telling you to get as much bike as you can afford or to get something entry for a couple of hundred dollars and see if you like it. If you do like it you can sell it and "invest" in a new nice road bike. I say invest in quotes because it's an expensive hobby once you get into it. As far as brands go it's more about he components than the frame it self. For a starter bike an aluminum bike is just fine and if you can find a Shimano 105 groupset in your budget then go with it or a SRAM APEX.

What is your budget?
    x2 with this... put slicks on that biatch and ride it hard then if you like the tri-scene you can think about a road bike.
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rambostyne View Post
    As I was getting my bike ready to head off to work this morning I realized that some ****ing bumbaclot stole my lights and patch kit out of my bike while I was at work Sunday. The lights aren't very useful without the mounting brackets and the patch kit is only a few bucks so it's like it was done just to inconvenience me. On the plus side, my frame mounted air pump is still there.

Hell in a handbasket.
    da fuq!??!?!?!

Originally Posted by SpyderTT View Post

indoor riding for me is just base miles and constant watts.
    I did that one year and in all honesty I think it was a wasted off-season. IMHO the best time to get better and push your FTP up is the off season with a heavy load of 90-95% intervals then come sprint time u can add the hard stuff (vo2).

Training for 4th marathon Boagrius's Avatar
    Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boagrius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What you are looking for in a road bike is an aluminum frame, with probably Shimano 105 components, or SRAM Rival or better.
    Excellent. Thank you.

What is your budget?
    Well I was initially thinking like $500, but I had no idea that that really isn't even in the realm of possibilities for a decent road bike. I guess I never realized I could just buy tires for now. I do have a mountain bike that is a total turd, but gets me around.

Originally Posted by DJake View Post
    I've seen people on Walmart mountain bikes and beach cruisers in sprint races. If you really want to get into biking, get a decent bike with at least Shimano 105 or SRAM Rival components. If you buy a new bike, make sure the dealer you buy it from gives you a proper fit to the bike. I also recommend a double front instead of a triple sprockets. Lower on weight and the gearing normally isn't all that much different.

Also remember that after buying a bike, you will need a good pump, bag for under the seat, c02 cartridges, helmet, gloves, shoes, clip on pedals (I love Speedplays), and extra tubes among other things. Cadence sensor is great to have so you're not wasting energy. Also, I don't know what budget you're working with, but if you'll be doing a lot of training, pick up a GPS watch. They can be as cheap as $100 or you can get what I have which is the Garmin 910xt, which tracks swim in open water, pool laps, running, and biking, and is freaking amazing.

If you just want to try it out to see how you like it first, I'd say pick up a bike and helmet and pedal with your running shoes on. Watch fit videos on YouTube and try to make yours feel as good as possible, but there truly is nothing better than a good fit by a dealership.

As far as brands go, any road bike will do good for you, but I like Trek, Specialized, and Felt myself.
    Great info, thank you. Like any sport, it's not surprising that it's costly. I never thought running would cost a lot, but shoes/gear/gels/fuel belts/watch, obviously adds up. I'll also be sure to check out that website.

You guys are great, thanks again for the info. I've been hesitant to go to my local bike shop in Bmore because I'm afraid they are just going to try and sell me something I don't need. Craigslist is incredibly overwhelming when you don't know what you are looking at too. I'll be checking in later!
    WE ARE.........
    PENN STATE, Redskins, Caps, O's

✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

DEFTONES

Check

Bikesdirect.com for good bikes at very reasonable prices. Do your homework and order according to your budget. Have fun with it it's very addictive.

For your first race just put slicks on that crappy mountain bike and see how you like it. If you don't like it you're only out a set of tires. If you do then pepper ur angus

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

Great info, thank you. Like any sport, it's not surprising that it's costly. I never thought running would cost a lot, but shoes/gear/gels/fuel belts/watch, obviously adds up. I'll also be sure to check out that website.

You guys are great, thanks again for the info. I've been hesitant to go to my local bike shop in Bmore because I'm afraid they are just going to try and sell me something I don't need. Craigslist is incredibly overwhelming when you don't know what you are looking at too. I'll be checking in later!
    I'm not sure if I can put this here but if you want some cheap gels I have a ton I can sell you. PM me if you're interested. Also, you don't really NEED anything more than a bike, water bottle or 2, and a spare tire and helmet, but the other things really help if you will get serious about it. Oh and a good small multitool lol.

I did that one year and in all honesty I think it was a wasted off-season. IMHO the best time to get better and push your FTP up is the off season with a heavy load of 90-95% intervals then come sprint time u can add the hard stuff (vo2).
    I hear ya... except I treat each sesh like on big ass interval.

Excellent. Thank you.
    Be careful with the tri scene... lots of people with high disposable income that will make you think that you need to spend a ton of money on a bike. You do NOT need to spend $3000+ on a bike... after all, you are actually racing against yourself, not as much the guy who bought a $3000 wheelset to save 80 seconds on a 40k bike split.

Once you are competitive at the top of the pile, start thinking about really dropping money, but for now, don't get caught up in the gear chase.

Be careful with the tri scene... lots of people with high disposable income that will make you think that you need to spend a ton of money on a bike. You do NOT need to spend $3000+ on a bike... after all, you are actually racing against yourself, not as much the guy who bought a $3000 wheelset to save 80 seconds on a 40k bike split.
    This. Everybody talks about getting Zipp wheels or something similar but when the numbers add up, unless you're doing something like 25mph consistently, you're barely saving any time. Sure it helps but not necessary unless you're competitive with other people. If you want to get faster, work on the "engine." This is the number one tip any cyclist will tell you if you want to get faster.

Once you are competitive at the top of the pile, start thinking about really dropping money, but for now, don't get caught up in the gear chase.
    I always lol when somebody buys a new bike or a new set of wheels and the first thing they say is: "watch out cause I got a new bike"

I always lol when somebody buys a new bike or a new set of wheels and the first thing they say is: "watch out cause I got a new bike"
    "It's not about the bike"

who said that?

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

who said that?
    and it wasn't

King of the Hill fan Rambostyne's Avatar
    Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rambostyne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

who said that?
    Why, that would be the name of Lance Armstrong's book It's Not About the Bike, the only book I've read more than ten times.
    Misc Bicycle Club - https://www.strava.com/clubs/armstrongballclub

*Atheist Alliance*

*cheeky alliance*

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i was thinking about this the other day. Why do some people spend hundreds to thousands to upgrade the bike when they're not trying to improve their fitness level? that'll be where they'll the most improvement from.
    Signature

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by max1122 View Post
    i was thinking about this the other day. Why do some people spend hundreds to thousands to upgrade the bike when they're not trying to improve their fitness level? that'll be where they'll the most improvement from.
    Snob appeal. Its a simple as that.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000) SelleItalia is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For a lot of people it's simply a cock measuring contest..more expensive the bike the bigger the dick..

..when blatantly that is not the case (obviously in a few cases it is, CEO 10k/day miscers with 15inch dongs)

^^^^^

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SelleItalia again."

Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SelleItalia View Post
    For a lot of people it's simply a cock measuring contest..more expensive the bike the bigger the dick..

..when blatantly that is not the case (obviously in a few cases it is, CEO 10k/day miscers with 15inch dongs)
    So glad I only ride poverty bikes.
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ

There are things that can make your ride more comfortable like a carbon frame on a road bike. That is more expensive but going with carbon wheels and deep aero wheels that set you back $1k+ is foolish if your fitness is lacking. I saw a guy at one century I did that had to be pushing tree fiddy with a top of the line trek time trial bike complete with aero helmet and skin suit.

not cool

I'd like to get an old Raleigh steel frame and restore it but put integrated shifters on it to keep it modern from a mechanical aspect.

One guy I ride with has an old Huffy and he is fast as hell.

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

[300 Spartan Crew] counterfit_hero's Avatar
    counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) counterfit_hero is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are things that can make your ride more comfortable like a carbon frame on a road bike. That is more expensive but going with carbon wheels and deep aero wheels that set you back $1k+ is foolish if your fitness is lacking. I saw a guy at one century I did that had to be pushing tree fiddy with a top of the line trek time trial bike complete with aero helmet and skin suit.

not cool

I'd like to get an old Raleigh steel frame and restore it but put integrated shifters on it to keep it modern from a mechanical aspect.

One guy I ride with has an old Huffy and he is fast as hell.
    I restored an Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra steel frame (Colombus S.L.X) and built it up with Campy 10 speed and carbon wheels. It was amazing to ride and always drew a crowd! in short, do it!! there is a pic of the Merckx somewhere earlier in this thread.
    Justice for the 96

Y.N.W.A

Liverpool F.C

***Irish Misc Crew***

Lol, I know lots of guys who constantly get new gear/wheels/power meters/shoes/helmets and claim that they will save all of this time in a race... And then they ask me why I am so fast.

As long as you have decent reliable gear, your engine/fitness is always the issue... guys like to spend mone to save time and maybe get a pr because it is easier than training.

Originally Posted by SelleItalia View Post
    For a lot of people it's simply a cock measuring contest..more expensive the bike the bigger the dick...

For real... for real. Newbs and amatuers are most often impressed by people who look fast, not who are fast.

Originally Posted by Carloswithac View Post
    So glad I only ride poverty bikes.
    Lol, I consider my TCR to be a poverty bike (it cost about $2500)