Closed Thread
Page 233 of 333 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,990 of 9990
    phain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by erikscasper View Post
    I'd say if thats what you usually do on your workout days then go with it. I think its prob good to keep some consistency when possible.
    On workout days my biggest meal the second meal but the schedule is the same

Like this :
    1.meal : (total calorie 20% )
    2.meal : (total calorie 60%)
    3.meal : (total calorie 20% )

"On rest days, meal one should ideally be the largest meal, as opposed to training days where the post-workout meal is the largest meal. A good rule of thumb is to make meal one on rest days at least 35-40% of your daily calorie intake. This meal should be very high in protein; some of my clients consume more than 100 g of protein in this meal."

And +1 question ? I can eat complex carb in rest day or just fruits,veggies ?
    Last edited by phain; 11-08-2011 at 10:25 PM.
    My Leangains lifestyle and transofmation blog : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139485623&p=777306723&welcome=true

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Does not matter meal frequency during the 8h..you can eat 1,2 or 6 meals

And yes, you eat everything that fit into your macros everyday, just use common sense and moderation

When Martin says: fruits that fruits and veggies shoukd be the main things, this is not the same as only things
    When people are dieting like cutting, the carb intake probably is low off days, so with veggies, you can eat a lot and stil pretty low in carbs
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

Originally Posted by vitornoob View Post

And yes, you eat everything that fit into your macros everyday, just use common sense and moderation

When Martin says: fruits that fruits and veggies shoukd be the main things, this is not the same as only things
    When people are dieting like cutting, the carb intake probably is low off days, so with veggies, you can eat a lot and stil pretty low in carbs
    Thank you. I'm happy because in my first meal i can eat oatmeal
    My Leangains lifestyle and transofmation blog : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139485623&p=777306723&welcome=true

alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ANIMALISTIKZ View Post
    Off-topic but what is your ideal goal? IFBB bikini Pro?
    No I'm sticking to Bikini Division right now only because I'm having a hard HARD time gaining more muscle. So I psych myself out and take it easy or else I stress myself with trying to get to IFBB bikini pro and to be honest with you I don't even know how girls get to IFBB bikini pro? I don't know what it takes? or how many times I have to place in top 5 or 3? I'm clueless so I'm just doing shows to keep me staying on track. Even though Im 5 foot 1 at 11%BF don't let that fool you I feel VERY strong The one thing that IF has helped me with is NOT eating late because I know I have to fast, I was eating past 11pm and always going over calories and it just wasnt working out.

alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

That is what I like the MOST of IF, is the fact that meal frequency doesn't matter. But I am still struggling keeping my food in an 8hr window its usually 9-10 I cant get all that food down post workout and if I stay within the 8hr window Im not eating enough and I was losing too much weight I DO NOT need to lose ANYMORE

Originally Posted by phain View Post
    On workout days my biggest meal the second meal but the schedule is the same

Like this :
    1.meal : (total calorie 20% )
    2.meal : (total calorie 60%)
    3.meal : (total calorie 20% )

"On rest days, meal one should ideally be the largest meal, as opposed to training days where the post-workout meal is the largest meal. A good rule of thumb is to make meal one on rest days at least 35-40% of your daily calorie intake. This meal should be very high in protein; some of my clients consume more than 100 g of protein in this meal."

And +1 question ? I can eat complex carb in rest day or just fruits,veggies ?
    Hey on rest stays stick to fibrous carbs only which are veggies! I dont consume fruits/complex carbs on these rest days.

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by alemus View Post
    Hey on rest stays stick to fibrous carbs only which are veggies! I dont consume fruits/complex carbs on these rest days.
    why? -_- 1g carb = 1g carb...The only thing about veggies is the fact of satiety...there is no other effect...

if you can not eat all your calories, eat more dense food

why? -_- 1g carb = 1g carb...The only thing about veggies is the fact of satiety...there is no other effect...

if you can not eat all your calories, eat more dense food
    very true :-0 but on rest days I dont have problems with eating all my cals since they are lower on these days anyway its on workout days which is 6-7 days/week that Im having a hard time eating ALOT of food in an 8 hr window so I end up eating more dense foods than veggies.....

very true :-0 but on rest days I dont have problems with eating all my cals since they are lower on these days anyway its on workout days which is 6-7 days/week that Im having a hard time eating ALOT of food in an 8 hr window so I end up eating more dense foods than veggies.....
    Dense foods = rice, potatoes, oats, PB, other grains, some fruits, cereal, protein powder, read meat, ice cream...everything in moderation is ok

btw, 6-7 days a week working out? WTF?

Dense foods = rice, potatoes, oats, PB, other grains, some fruits, cereal, protein powder, read meat, ice cream...everything in moderation is ok

btw, 6-7 days a week working out? WTF?
    I know IM CRAZY but I LOVE working out! :-o I cant help it I train MMA and bodybuild it just makes me feel good plus Im 4 weeks out from comp day so I gatta stay on top I'm still scared to eat bad foods like ice cream etc. ever since I lost 45+lbs I have fat kid phobia! :-o ahhh help!!!!!!

I know IM CRAZY but I LOVE working out! :-o I cant help it I train MMA and bodybuild it just makes me feel good plus Im 4 weeks out from comp day so I gatta stay on top I'm still scared to eat bad foods like ice cream etc. ever since I lost 45+lbs I have fat kid phobia! :-o ahhh help!!!!!!
    phobia just make you fail...start adding in low portions like i have done and you can learn to control as the time goes on

everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That is what I like the MOST of IF, is the fact that meal frequency doesn't matter. But I am still struggling keeping my food in an 8hr window its usually 9-10 I cant get all that food down post workout and if I stay within the 8hr window Im not eating enough and I was losing too much weight I DO NOT need to lose ANYMORE
    Martin has said women should fast 14, feast 10... so it sounds like you are doing it right!

-philip
    I LIFT THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cpojkILO0

coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    anyone feel like posting thier routine?...interested to see volume, and if you are RPT?

also, anyone doing IF Leangains for a bulk....?

bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bejam813bucs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^Would love to see this to. Anybody try GST on a IF cut?

Originally Posted by coopermax View Post
    anyone feel like posting thier routine?...interested to see volume, and if you are RPT?

also, anyone doing IF Leangains for a bulk....?
    Mee bulking, there are a lot logs here with IF + Bulking

Routine it is 4x a week with RPT in some exercises:
    -M: Squat(RPT), SLDL(RPT), Leg Press(2-3 x 8 - 10) , Ham Lying Curls (2-3 x 8 - 10), Calf Raises(Smith 3x8 and Seated 2-3 x 10-12) , Weighted Abs (3x8)
    -T: OH Press(RPT), DB BP(3x8), BB Row(RPT), Cable Flyes(2-3 x 10-12) , Pulldown(RPT or 3 x 8-10) , Bi and Tri Isolation (1-2 x 10-12)
    -W: Off or LISS
    -T: Deadlift(RPT), Leg Press(RPT), Leg Curls(1-2 x 10-15), Ham Curls(1-2 x 10-15), Calf Raises(Smith 3x8 and Seated 2-3 x 10-12), Weighted Abs (3x8)
    -F: BB BP(RPT), BB Row(3x5), Dips(RPT or 3-4 x 6-10), Chins( 3-4 x 6-10), Bi and Tri Isolation(1-2 x 8-10)
    -S or S: LISS or Sprints

Originally Posted by bejam813bucs View Post
    ^Would love to see this to. Anybody try GST on a IF cut?
    GST?

coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mee bulking, there are a lot logs here with IF + Bulking

Routine it is 4x a week with RPT in some exercises:
    -M: Squat(RPT), SLDL(RPT), Leg Press(2-3 x 8 - 10) , Ham Lying Curls (2-3 x 8 - 10), Calf Raises(Smith 3x8 and Seated 2-3 x 10-12) , Weighted Abs (3x8)
    -T: OH Press(RPT), DB BP(3x8), BB Row(RPT), Cable Flyes(2-3 x 10-12) , Pulldown(RPT or 3 x 8-10) , Bi and Tri Isolation (1-2 x 10-12)
    -W: Off or LISS
    -T: Deadlift(RPT), Leg Press(RPT), Leg Curls(1-2 x 10-15), Ham Curls(1-2 x 10-15), Calf Raises(Smith 3x8 and Seated 2-3 x 10-12), Weighted Abs (3x8)
    -F: BB BP(RPT), BB Row(3x5), Dips(RPT or 3-4 x 6-10), Chins( 3-4 x 6-10), Bi and Tri Isolation(1-2 x 8-10)
    -S or S: LISS or Sprints

GST?
    Vitor -

what are you doing as far as caloric intake...how much over maint, and are you cycling...or same every day....and macro breakdown..

thanks

Vitor -

what are you doing as far as caloric intake...how much over maint, and are you cycling...or same every day....and macro breakdown..

thanks
    200-300kcal from maintance of the day(with Bodybugg), if i do the maths with the formulas, it's like 20% surplus ON days and maintance off days

Carbs and calories cycling...

170-190g protein
    60g ON and 80g OFF fats
    390-410g ON and 250-270g OFF carbs

Originally Posted by everphilski View Post
    Martin has said women should fast 14, feast 10... so it sounds like you are doing it right!

-philip
    thank you ever since I kept it this way Im finding it works better for me it's still so weird how my appetite is so much lower now when before I was eating 6x/day and was always hungry :-o Thanks for the advice!

200-300kcal from maintance of the day(with Bodybugg), if i do the maths with the formulas, it's like 20% surplus ON days and maintance off days

Carbs and calories cycling...

170-190g protein
    60g ON and 80g OFF fats
    390-410g ON and 250-270g OFF carbs
    HOW COOL! you use the BodyBugg thats what I used and thats how I lost 45lbs! I dont use it anymore because I didnt like that I couldnt wear dresses its not very lady like with the body bugg on :-p but I REALLY loved it.

Vitor -

thanks
    I prefer to cycle my carbs, since I am VERY sensitive to grains. I can also cycle my calories but I have found that the macronutrients are more important in my diet than the calories themselves. Does anyone else feel the same?

Also, I had a question vitornoob gave me some good advice that since I am having a hard time getting down ALOT of food post workout/breaking my fast that I should eat more dense food. One of the dense foods he mentioned was peanut butter but I 'heard' that it's not that good to consume fats post workout that apparently it slows down the absorption of the protein, does anyone think this or no anything of this?

I prefer to cycle my carbs, since I am VERY sensitive to grains. I can also cycle my calories but I have found that the macronutrients are more important in my diet than the calories themselves. Does anyone else feel the same?

Also, I had a question vitornoob gave me some good advice that since I am having a hard time getting down ALOT of food post workout/breaking my fast that I should eat more dense food. One of the dense foods he mentioned was peanut butter but I 'heard' that it's not that good to consume fats post workout that apparently it slows down the absorption of the protein, does anyone think this or no anything of this?
    nah, you are fine...there is a study showing that a PWO with fast is more anabolic, if i find, i post here

me too D I have fat kid phobia because a year ago I was 120kg and now I'm 74 and yes i afraid too to eat bad food like ice cream (but i love it :P ) not just before bedtime

erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) erikscasper is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    me too D I have fat kid phobia because a year ago I was 120kg and now I'm 74 and yes i afraid too to eat bad food like ice cream (but i love it :P ) not just before bedtime

But before bedtime is the best time for ice cream!!
    Engineering Brah

~ForeverObtainingQuads~

Question

Originally Posted by erikscasper View Post
    But before bedtime is the best time for ice cream!!
    are you kidding, I started two days ago leangains igyis technique, even scared to eat much at a time yesterday, I ate a meal, quinoa 245q: S. But if you can eat ice cream in the evening I do not understand it all. What can I eat and when? Leangains What about? only clean foods and 16/8 ? or what ?

CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you kidding, I started two days ago leangains igyis technique, even scared to eat much at a time yesterday, I ate a meal, quinoa 245q: S. But if you can eat ice cream in the evening I do not understand it all. What can I eat and when? Leangains What about? only clean foods and 16/8 ? or what ?
    Basically, you hit your dailly macros (which usually are Proteins and Fats) and then you fill the rest of your calories with what ever you want, bear in mind that if you are on Leangains, you need to eat highER-carb on workout days and lowER-carb on rest days, so getting some ice-cream,sugary cereals,cake or w/e now and then on workout days won't hurt you .

Also the term "clean" doesn't exist so avoid using it :P.

Originally Posted by CeBKa View Post
    Basically, you hit your dailly macros (which usually are Proteins and Fats) and then you fill the rest of your calories with what ever you want, bear in mind that if you are on Leangains, you need to eat highER-carb on workout days and lowER-carb on rest days, so getting some ice-cream,sugary cereals,cake or w/e now and then on workout days won't hurt you .

So I abide until the daily calories (and macros), I can eat anything on workout days? ex: 200g or ice-cream, gummy bears, chocolate anything? But because there leangains aka 16 / 8 split method was litter? Anyway, on your high carb days about how much simple sugar used in the meals? I'm sorry to ask such things but this is very new to me. So far, all the old bodybuilding method followed in sugar and eat I never thought I noticed that always only koplex carb used.

Nutrient timing does not matter and does not affect bodycomposition

Originally Posted by CeBKa View Post

LULZ! Someone sees the light

So I abide until the daily calories (and macros), I can eat anything on workout days? ex: 200g or ice-cream, gummy bears, chocolate anything? But because there leangains aka 16 / 8 split method was litter? Anyway, on your high carb days about how much simple sugar used in the meals? I'm sorry to ask such things but this is very new to me. So far, all the old bodybuilding method followed in sugar and eat I never thought I noticed that always only koplex carb used.
    Not, you just need to use moderation since micronutrients affect bodycomposition...sugar is a carb, it turns into blood glucose as other carb...

Start reading here:
    IIFYM - What does it mean? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133634471

The key is the moderation, you can eat EVERYTHING, but using your moderation and choosing whole foods, you can also read here: http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-clean-eating/
    Last edited by vitornoob; 11-11-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Bad English

Thanks. Now I think I'm starting to read and learn

sh*t that only a basic know in English: (Please help me misunderstood this article? article: The Dirt on Clean Eating) So: does not matter whether your goal is cutting / gainin / recomp try to use Whole Foods and YOU EAT WHAT YOU WANT JUST Moderation KEEP IT!? And what is moderation? : YOUR DAILY Calorie Intake for 10-20% if you want to eat anything. Example: If you need 2500kcal a day from 250 to 500 calories if you can eat anything you want. No matter pizza, ice cream, chocolate, gummy bear if you Observed the 250-500 kcal.
    I Understand it? This is the key?

squidthunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidthunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squidthunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone,

I've been doing IF on/off for a few weeks but I'm looking to get a more focused approach starting next week. I've been off training for the past few weeks due to injury, but looking to get back on track starting Monday. From reading some of the posts, you can use IF for bulking and cutting. I'm trying to cut and lose some weight from my frame.

For training, I'm usually doing a fasted full body circuit on M/W/F mornings, and then I throw some other cardio sessions during the week (spin class, running, basketball).

I guess my main purpose of this post, is some assistance in the diet portion of my cut on IF. Should I be focusing on some high-protein and low carb meals? I feel like a more dedicated approach to my diet will really help in my results

Thanks for any help.....
    mark

Closed Thread
Page 233 of 333 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... LastLast