Closed Thread
Page 227 of 305 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,810 of 9148
    BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 2Rude4MyOwnGood View Post
    Good luck bro.

Just remember, there may be more than one correct answer. Pick the one that is most correct. And if you keep scene safety/BSI and ABCs fresh in your mind, you will have no problem passing. Here is an example of how they will try to trip you up:

Q: You arrive on scene to find a pulseless/apneic patient who has been down for an undetermind amount of time. What is the first thing you should do?

a. provide 2 rescue breaths
    b. attach the AED/monitor to assess the rhythm
    c. ensure the safety of you and your crew
    d. defibrillate at 200 joules

Many people will jump right into patient care, when the correct answer is actually C.

Its not extremely difficult but just be sure to read everything a few times before answering.
    Some people have told me there is a good amount of OB material on the NREMT. Was this your experience? Any subjects to focus on more than others? I've been reviewing to take mine and plan on taking it in the next couple of weeks.
    ***Misc Firefighter/EMT Crew***
    The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

wat dat means, kuwait? Hardnutcheck's Avatar
    Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardnutcheck is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BroMontana View Post
    Some people have told me there is a good amount of OB material on the NREMT. Was this your experience? Any subjects to focus on more than others? I've been reviewing to take mine and plan on taking it in the next couple of weeks.
    Completley random.

You can only get o.b questions or not even one. The questions get harder as you get questions right, get one wrong and it you get a less difficult question.

fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    when I took my NREMT I only had 4 O.B. questions.
    **MISC Strength Crew**
    **SCC**
    **Always Pick 7 crew**
    **Always Pick 3 if no 7 crew**

vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I teach EMT/Paramedic. Best stuff to focus on is the broad categories. If you can understand the main diseases and treatments you will do fine.

Alot of people ask what is most important. Honestly, learning the patient assessment chapter will help the most. It gives you the order in which to do things. Remember there are usually 2 good answers for every question and most will ask what do you do first. If you know that patient assessment chart you can solve most of it.

A big thing at basic level is - learn vocabulary. They like to put big words in there to see what you know. You might think they will write high blood pressure, but they put hypertension( a word hopefully everyone knows, but an example). If you know the vocab it can help eliminate choices.

For example re-read everything on main diseases - asthma, CHF, COPD, diabetes, AMI, burns
    Obgyn - placenta previa, eclampsia, preeclampsia, what to do with a baby once you deliver.
    Ops - pretty easy .. find all the scene safety and protect yourself answers
    Trauma - know when to backboard, put in advanced airways.

Spend your time on the broad concepts and you should pass with flying colors. If you need more specific help lemme know.

vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also remember it has to give you 70 questions minimum, and if you keep getting a section right they ask much harder ones and even some pilot questions. So if you are missing alot out of one subsection it is going to keep asking them. For example I had a student fail and he said almost his whole test was airway questions. So he focused studying bigtime on airway and he passed on his 2nd attempt.

Form Follows Function FirefighterNerd's Avatar
    FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rode the bandaid box yesterday...

Got called to assist 5-0 with injured suspect. Arrive to find 9 officers with various weapons drawn, prisoner in back seat of cruiser missing the back glass, driver-side rear glass, driver-side rear door frame (around window) bent about 6" away from roof, and a pair of bloody ankles sitting out the window...

Suspect was on PCP and when we got there had taken umpteen shots with batons/asps, 4 beanbags to the gut, 3 tazer clips, tons of mace, and lord knows how many fists... still combative and overpowering the man-handling the cops were providing.

Long story short... we transported him to jail on the cot with 6 cops and me in the back... sitting on him... lol. We used all our soft restraints and 8 cravats plus ankle/wrist chains and he still fought the whole way.

CRAZY

... Damn I love this job
    OBF Summer Contest Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135810901
    Bustin' my hump so I can save yours

yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had a few ob questions when I took mine. Remember left lateral recumbent for those.

Side note, everyone says remember ABC's but since I just re-certed my bcls, and the initial assessment is now CAB, does anyone know if NREMT has updated the Emt-b test to that? Or is the test still ABC oriented? I've never learned what the relationship is like between NREMT and AHA. Any ideas? I'm gonna be taking the emt-p nat reg soon as well as the practicals, any ideas if the cardiac stations are ABC or CAB on that?

FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FirefighterNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ABC is still the standard for healthcare professionals... AHA guidelines for lay people and those without airway tools (even NPAs OPAs + BVM) shoot for compressions first.
    OBF Summer Contest Log

yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FirefighterNerd View Post
    ABC is still the standard for healthcare professionals... AHA guidelines for lay people and those without airway tools (even NPAs OPAs + BVM) shoot for compressions first.
    The bcls instructor is also an acls instructor and he said that for both, it's compressions before airway. I asked if it had changed since I took acls in may 2010 and he said it has. I'll try to look it up.

Obviously this only applies in codes.
    Last edited by yamaharider; 07-07-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Add

I stand corrected...

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/...pl_2/S298.full

Rescuers should begin CPR if the victim is unresponsive and not breathing (ignoring occasional gasps). Gasping should not prevent initiation of CPR because gasping is not normal breathing, and gasping is a sign of cardiac arrest.

Following initial assessment, rescuers may begin CPR with chest compressions rather than opening the airway and delivering rescue breathing.

All rescuers, trained or not, should provide chest compressions to victims of cardiac arrest.

A strong emphasis on delivering high-quality chest compressions remains essential: rescuers should push hard to a depth of at least 2 inches (or 5 cm) at a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute, allow full chest recoil, and minimize interruptions in chest compressions.

Rescuers trained to provide ventilations use a compression-ventilation ratio of 30:2.

For untrained rescuers, EMS dispatchers should provide telephone instruction in chest compression–only CPR.
    OBF Summer Contest Log

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BroMontana View Post
    I only tested as a Basic at the state level so my test was different than the NR, but i dont imagine the questions were all that far off from registry. It wasnt CBT style either, everybody had to answer all of the questions. There werent an abnormal amount of OB questions if i remember correctly. Its been a few years but i remember a couple of questions pertaining to eclampsia/pre-eclampsia as well as a couple regarding what to do once the child has been delivered.

As has been mentioned, your test could/will be very different from everyone elses. There is a database with hundreds (maybe thousands?) of possible questions that could be on your test. If somebody was doing poorly on OB it would give them more OB questions. Same goes for any category.

Originally Posted by yamaharider View Post
    I had a few ob questions when I took mine. Remember left lateral recumbent for those.

Side note, everyone says remember ABC's but since I just re-certed my bcls, and the initial assessment is now CAB, does anyone know if NREMT has updated the Emt-b test to that? Or is the test still ABC oriented? I've never learned what the relationship is like between NREMT and AHA. Any ideas? I'm gonna be taking the emt-p nat reg soon as well as the practicals, any ideas if the cardiac stations are ABC or CAB on that?

Paramedic level testing will switch to the new guidelines on November 1st 2011, and all other certification levels will make the switch on January 1st 2012.

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good to see some new faces in here

remember to always check for crowning and pripasm

Bustin Mine To Save Yours TheChadster08's Avatar
    TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've got a problem.

I'm supposed to take the entrance exam (civil service) for Garland or some where tomorrow but I really don't want to go.

I'm half way thru Dallas's process, just have polyograph and interviews left. I know its not a FOR SURE job but Ive gotten this far, should I still be testing for other departments?

Am I just being a bitch for not wanting to test, and man up and test or am I good for Dallas?
    Leo/Military Supporter. Bustin my ass to save yours!!!!!!

Personal Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154254571

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheChadster08 View Post
    I've got a problem.

I'm supposed to take the entrance exam (civil service) for Garland or some where tomorrow but I really don't want to go.

I'm half way thru Dallas's process, just have polyograph and interviews left. I know its not a FOR SURE job but Ive gotten this far, should I still be testing for other departments?

Am I just being a bitch for not wanting to test, and man up and test or am I good for Dallas?
    take the test, you answered it yourself, nothing is a sure thing

come on chad

TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GetHimABodyBag View Post
    take the test, you answered it yourself, nothing is a sure thing

come on chad
    Alright. I'll quit acting like a cry baby and get up and take it.

its being held at a High school so maybe I can get a prom date while I'm there....lulz.

Personal Log:

FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would go, Garland would be good to work for I think if for some reason Dallas doesn't happen. Always good to have options.
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FMedic08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Saved one today. She was in v-fib and agonal on arrival..Shocked once and she had pulse/bp and was breathing on her own by arrival at hospital. Pretty cool, they're usually in asytole/pea and long gone by the time we get to them.
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Originally Posted by FMedic08 View Post
    I would go, Garland would be good to work for I think if for some reason Dallas doesn't happen. Always good to have options.
    True. I'm not exactly sure on the city but I'll let ya'll tomorrow when I get done with it.
    Saved one today. She was in v-fib and agonal on arrival..Shocked once and she had pulse/bp and was breathing on her own by arrival at hospital. Pretty cool, they're usually in asytole/pea and long gone by the time we get to them.
    Good job man. Thats why we do this.

Personal Log:

Bears NFC North Champs ChicagoCubz's Avatar
    ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChicagoCubz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I got cut off at 70. I feel like I did pretty well, but a few questions did catch me off guard.

I had the exact same question show up twice. (Insert age) y.o. pt was playing (insert sport) and became short of breath. States that he/she used "puffer" twice and it didn't help, which question should you ask first? I don't remember all of the possible answers, I know one was "Why do you use an inhaler," and the one I chose both times was "Are you having any chest pain?".

Another question had a pt with chest pain who hadn't taken his prescribed nitro, what should your next action be...one answer said "Assist with adminstration of his nitro" and the other "Administer nitro if he hasn't taken Viagara within the last week." I went with the first one thinking they were trying to get you on the wording.

Anyway, I guess now I wait.

LOL strong lights....wut? Jeph77's Avatar
    Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeph77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Got my national practicals for emt-b on the 16th and guna sign up for nremt sometime next week FUUUUUUU
    Brb eating..... Brb lifting..
    Follow me on Instagram @jeffm7789

2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on the save man! Im sure you're feeling great right now.

So all it took was a shock and no meds/intubation?

Originally Posted by ChicagoCubz View Post
    I got cut off at 70. I feel like I did pretty well, but a few questions did catch me off guard.

I had the exact same question show up twice. (Insert age) y.o. pt was playing (insert sport) and became short of breath. States that he/she used "puffer" twice and it didn't help, which question should you ask first? I don't remember all of the possible answers, I know one was "Why do you use an inhaler," and the one I chose both times was "Are you having any chest pain?".

Another question had a pt with chest pain who hadn't taken his prescribed nitro, what should your next action be...one answer said "Assist with adminstration of his nitro" and the other "Administer nitro if he hasn't taken Viagara within the last week." I went with the first one thinking they were trying to get you on the wording.

Anyway, I guess now I wait.
    I dont want to jinx you but if it stopped at 70 and you felt like you did well, you probably did. Since you took it on a Friday your results might not be posted until Monday but you never know. Mine only took like 3 hours to be posted. Keep checking the NR site and maybe they will have cleared you before the weekend.

Tough to say if you got the first question right since we dont have all of the possible answers but you definitely got the second question correct. They were trying to trick you with the Viagra timeline. Nitro would be safe to give if they havent taken an ED drug in the last 24/48 hours (depends on who you ask). Some protocols require up to 72 hours from their last dose of an ED drug.

Good luck man, im sure you did fine.

Oh yea, here is a cool EMS related video if you want to laugh. Notice the lack of gloves! Wait for it....

pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    officially an emt-b. feels good man, can't wait to get some experience.

Originally Posted by pat19 View Post
    officially an emt-b. feels good man, can't wait to get some experience.
    Congrats man, you planning on going volunteer or career?

pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats man, you planning on going volunteer or career?
    thanks, i don't think i can volunteer anywhere around where i live but i would if i could. i'll be working events at my uni starting in the fall and hopefully find a summer/part time job for a private ambulance or as an er-tech. i plan on being a PA so this is just during college.
    it seems like everyone else who took an emt class on here needed ride-along/clinical time but mine didn't have that. i've never been on an ambulance (except as a pt.) so i might try to shadow a paramedic that my dad knows sometime soon.

Originally Posted by pat19 View Post
    thanks, i don't think i can volunteer anywhere around where i live but i would if i could. i'll be working events at my uni starting in the fall and hopefully find a summer/part time job for a private ambulance or as an er-tech. i plan on being a PA so this is just during college.
    it seems like everyone else who took an emt class on here needed ride-along/clinical time but mine didn't have that. i've never been on an ambulance (except as a pt.) so i might try to shadow a paramedic that my dad knows sometime soon.
    Got ya. If you can find summer work as an ER tech that would be great experience and you'll be able to learn a few more skills (IVs, blood draws, etc). Private ambulance gigs arent for everyone, but if its just to earn a little bit of money while you're in school then go for it. Not sure how things work in your state but around here the private ambulance companies only do IFT's, none of them have 911 contracts. I can imagine that would get very boring just driving people around but at least you'd be earning a paycheck.

Ive never heard of an EMT course that didnt have an ER/ambulance rotation. Maybe its not a requirement for state certification in CT? I think its mandatory in order to take the National Registry. Thats a good idea to ride along with a medic crew. Id do it as much as possible if your dad's friend is cool with it.

JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxBchBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    GJDM! My first and only cardiac red we got back by the time we got to the hospital. If only they all turned out that way.

First round of testing for a career FF/Medic position tomorrow afternoon.

RIP zyzz forever mirin dropkickMc's Avatar
    dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FirefighterNerd View Post
    Rode the bandaid box yesterday...

Got called to assist 5-0 with injured suspect. Arrive to find 9 officers with various weapons drawn, prisoner in back seat of cruiser missing the back glass, driver-side rear glass, driver-side rear door frame (around window) bent about 6" away from roof, and a pair of bloody ankles sitting out the window...

Suspect was on PCP and when we got there had taken umpteen shots with batons/asps, 4 beanbags to the gut, 3 tazer clips, tons of mace, and lord knows how many fists... still combative and overpowering the man-handling the cops were providing.

Long story short... we transported him to jail on the cot with 6 cops and me in the back... sitting on him... lol. We used all our soft restraints and 8 cravats plus ankle/wrist chains and he still fought the whole way.

CRAZY

... Damn I love this job

versed ftw. 0 cops in ambulance u mad?

RIP zyzz forever mirin dropkickMc's Avatar
    dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000)
    First round of testing for a career FF/Medic position tomorrow afternoon.
    the line starts back here---------------------------------->

Closed Thread
Page 227 of 305 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 ... LastLast