Page 21 of 152 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast
    IrishArabSword has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishArabSword has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doesn't More Grams Per Serving mean a better Whey Protein?

Gheim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gheim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gheim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gheim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gheim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gheim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gheim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Beside's price, what's the difference between ON Whey Classic and Gold Standard?

nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gheim View Post
    Beside's price, what's the difference between ON Whey Classic and Gold Standard?
    One large difference is that Classic uses WPC for its main protein source. Gold standard uses WPI as its main protein source. So, you're buying a better overall grade of product with GS vs Classic.

esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Which one is better Cytosport's Muscle Milk or Cytogainer? Or are they enirely two different categories? Can you take Cytogainer in between meals (or pre and post workout) and then take Muscle Milk before going to sleep?

RAY350 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RAY350 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ON'S 100% whey protein

Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100) Frling is not very well liked. (-100)
    for gaining muscle, nitro Tech is by far the best it is a blend of hydroslate concentrate and isolate and it's amino acid delivery system using nitric oxide is far superior than a regular whey protein. Most people don't like the price but in my honest opinion it is extremely under appreciated on this board an certainly works.

nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nintendodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IrishArabSword View Post
    Doesn't More Grams Per Serving mean a better Whey Protein?
    All depends on the quality of the protein. Translated, it could mean each scoop is 78% crap, or 82% high-grade isolate, for example.

IrishArabSword has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishArabSword has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nintendodude View Post
    All depends on the quality of the protein. Translated, it could mean each scoop is 78% crap, or 82% high-grade isolate, for example.
    ok, cause i just finished NxCare IsoXp Whey ISO http://www.*****************.com/pop...roduct256.html

And reading so many post everyones got me confused about whey protein.

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Precisely, plus they type (whey vs. Casein) will also play a role.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50) essawi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    100% whey protein is great i ve gained muscles without fats and great taste

Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kill Em All is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Click this link: https://ergopharm.net/tech_immunolin.php

I've used GF-Pro for months now. I find it to be the best tasting, best protein on the market. 100% microfiltered whey isolate plus growth factors... and it is delicious!
    Damn, cattle industry eh. Don't think I'll be buying this. Thanks for the link mate.

JohnDoeBiotech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Hey I got 2 questions, 1) whats wrong with a weight gain shake that has alot of sugar? and 2) If Im 155 ripped and trying to gain is that even something I personally need to be worried about? The reason why Im asking is because Im taking muscle juice and they say its loaded with sugar and Im trying to see if I should switch my shakes.

alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, I take ON whey gold standard because it's easy to get down and mixes great.

I'm very game to try something else, perhaps if it's really going to make a difference. However, if it tastes like crap, it's not worth the samll difference because for me, taste is the absolute most important thing because I need to be able to look forward to drinking it and not fear it. If I fear it, I'll lose alot of motivation to consume all that protein I need.

I am going to add a Micellar Casein for the night time sering at one point though. I do believe the slower digestion at night would be the most optimum.

I'll wake up using ON whey.....and pre/post workout, then at night possible ISS ProM3 or Muscle Milk. Also I might be interested in that Pro V60 stuff peeps have been talking about.

My intake is around 100 to 140 grams. I'm probably never exactly precise about it, but it's around there. That's without any food.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    natures best ISOPURE zerocarb is pretty good...

The vanilla tastes nasty but has zero carbs, zero sugar, and no aspartame.

also take into account i have tryed 7 diffrent company's protein powders in vanilla and have hated them all... so the chocolate probably isnt bad, I just hate vanilla...

musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Isopure

I normally use Isopure's Zero Carb. I was looking at ON 100% and it doesn't sound as good. Am I missing somthing? Isopure has 50g while ON has 23g and they are both whey protien isolate.
    I first chose it because it's thinner, less like a milk shake, more like kool-aid or something. I think that makes it easier to drink. Also, you can mix it with any fruit drink (crystal light if you don't want any carbs or fruit juice if you do)... that is assuming you use one of the fruit based flavors. I have been getting the mango one, there is also and orange and apple flavor.
    Last edited by musclme; 12-13-2006 at 11:39 PM.

alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Exclamation

ISOPURE grams per scoop serving is not the same as ON whey's scoop serving.

Always compare how large the scoop is!!!!!!!!

For Example

ISOPURE 50g per serving but OMFG 63g scoop serving. So it's not all that great.....ya see.

(58g of VP2 will get ya 50g of protein.) Much better ratio of protein than ISOPURE.

Syntha 6 - 22g of protein BUT....44g scoop

VP2 (AST) - 23g protein BUT 28g scoop.

ON Whey - 24g protein BUT 30g scoop

ISS Micellar Matrix - 25g Protein 32g scoop

for all those loving Higher Power

it's not that all that great......I'd say it's ok in protein per serving.

HP Whey - 25g protein per 34g scoop

So far the VP2(AST) looks the best amount of protein per serving however it's very expensive compared to ON's Whey which is close per serving. You can get AST's for $26 without shipping but only 2 pounds. ON Whey is $28.99 without shipping for 5 pounds. That says it all. No way is AST 2x better, maybe 2x the cost though, but certainly not 2x the gains than ON WHEY Gold.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its not always about just how dense it is gram for gram gram of protein to gram of protein...

if i had to choose the protein i would buy for the next 5 years it would be isopure zerocarb chocolate..

also isopure mixes pretty good too

SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Revolutions Whey Shake by far.
    Training in Budokai Do.

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alphaproject View Post

For Example

ISOPURE 50g per serving but OMFG 63g scoop serving. So it's not all that great.....ya see.

(58g of VP2 will get ya 50g of protein.) Much better ratio of protein than ISOPURE.

So far the VP2(AST) looks the best amount of protein per serving however it's very expensive compared to ON's Whey which is close per serving. You can get AST's for $26 without shipping but only 2 pounds. ON Whey is $28.99 without shipping for 5 pounds. That says it all. No way is AST 2x better, maybe 2x the cost though, but certainly not 2x the gains than ON WHEY Gold.

Isopure is good, but isolate is not always ideal. While isopure may be decent as a post workout only protein, you'd be far better off with something slowed digesting such as Sustain during the day and at bed.

Whole food always tops powder, but if going for a powder, quality, long lasting products are simply more durable for true mass gain and prolonged protein synthesis.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by uhockey View Post
    Isopure is good, but isolate is not always ideal. While isopure may be decent as a post workout only protein, you'd be far better off with something slowed digesting such as Sustain during the day and at bed.

Whole food always tops powder, but if going for a powder, quality, long lasting products are simply more durable for true mass gain and prolonged protein synthesis.
    Agreed. Research is beginning to uncover that a blend of slow (casein) and fast (whey) release proteins is optimal.

The following article is very educational...

Contemporary Issues in Protein Requirements and Consumption for Resistance Trained Athletes:
    http://www.sportsnutritionsociety.or...-1-7-27-06.pdf

Here is the abstract to the above study...
    In recent years an explosion of research papers concerning protein consumption has been published. The need to consolidate this information has become critical from both practical and future research standpoints. For this reason, the following paper presents an in depth analysis of contemporary issues in protein requirements and consumption for resistance trained athletes. Specifically, the paper covers: 1.) protein requirements for resistance trained athletes; 2.) the effect of the digestion rate of protein on muscular protein balance; 3.) the optimal timing of protein intake relative to exercise; 4.) the optimal pattern of protein ingestion, relative to show an individual should consume their protein throughout a 24 hour period, and what sources are utilized during this time frame; 5.) protein composition and its interaction with measures of protein balance and strength performance; 6.) the combination of protein and carbohydrates on plasma insulin levels and protein balance; 7.) the efficacy of protein supplements and whole food protein sources. Our goal is to provide the reader with practical information in optimizing protein intake as well as for provision of sound advice to their clients. Finally, special care was taken to provide future research implications. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 3(1):7-27, 2006
    Psalms 51:10-13

musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good Point

For Example

Good point. Gram for gram there isn't much of a difference, though. ON is 0.8g per gram of powder, Isopure is 0.79g per gram of powder. The VP2 you mentioned is the best at 0.82g per gram of powder. However, it looks like ON Whey is cheaper per serving and per gram of protien.
    Guess i'll give ON whey a try... i'm gonna miss isopure though. :'(

Originally Posted by HalleluYAH View Post
    Agreed. Research is beginning to uncover that a blend of slow (casein) and fast (whey) release proteins is optimal.

The following article is very educational...

Contemporary Issues in Protein Requirements and Consumption for Resistance Trained Athletes:
    http://www.sportsnutritionsociety.or...-1-7-27-06.pdf

Here is the abstract to the above study...
    Does anyone have a recommendation on a blended protein powder?

Originally Posted by musclme View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation on a blended protein powder?
    Sustain or Ultrapeptide. Both products are VERY impressive.

esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by esquire415 View Post
    Which one is better Cytosport's Muscle Milk or Cytogainer? Or are they enirely two different categories? Can you take Cytogainer in between meals (or pre and post workout) and then take Muscle Milk before going to sleep?
    Anyone? :/

Well, to my belief Muscle Milk is better for Lean muscle and is not meant to simply gain mass as Cytogainer is. Also....I'd rather take Muscle Milk when NOT working out because of the sustained release Micellar casein proteins.

Muscle Milk better for Nighttime consumption to last thru the night.
    Cytogainer could be used anytime before and after working out since it's just mainly Whey protein.

Personally I have taken Cytogainer and didn't gain much weight, but taking ON whey , NOX3, and Cellmass has given me much better gains.

I'd like to add either Muscle Milk or V60 protein for the sustained Casein protein. I'm gonna need another Nitric product though so who knows.

Well, to my belief Muscle Milk is better for Lean muscle and is not meant to simply gain mass as Cytogainer is. Also....I'd rather take Muscle Milk when NOT working out because of the sustained release Micellar casein proteins.

Cytogainer could be used anytime before and after working out since it's just mainly Whey protein.

Personally I have taken Cytogainer and didn't gain much weight, but taking ON whey , NOX3, and Cellmass has given me much better gains.

I'd like to add either Muscle Milk or V60 protein for the sustained Casein protein. I'm gonna need another Nitric product though so who knows.
    Relative to Sustain or Ultrapeptide, Muscle Milk is a lot of calories from fat and carbs. IMO, it is closer to a daytime MRP than a true protein powder and it's probably not nearly as ideal as Sustain or Ultrapeptide before bed.

onthink has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onthink has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onthink has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onthink has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onthink has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

iron_leppard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Oldtime View Post
    natures best ISOPURE zerocarb is pretty good...

The vanilla tastes nasty but has zero carbs, zero sugar, and no aspartame.

also take into account i have tryed 7 diffrent company's protein powders in vanilla and have hated them all... so the chocolate probably isnt bad, I just hate vanilla...

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to get more carbs than protein. I've also heard that if you don't get enough carbs to level out the protein, you can develop kidney stones.

JuiJitsu rolling Stickman 3ddds's Avatar
    3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3ddds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

True Mass by BSN taste better and mixes easy. The Cyto's have an after taste.

Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fiji_Foreplay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

MuscleTech vs. Optimum Nutrition

I had to respond to this thread, because I highly disagree with Optimum Nutrition's whey protein. Im my opinion it is complete junk. I've used both ON and MuscleTech's NitroTech. You really can't say anything about either one when you compare unless you've tried both. All Optimum Nutrition does is give me bloating and diahrreha(spelling). The protein itself taste extremely terrible, espically the vanilla icecream. Optimum Nutrition uses lowend protein and their product is less than average. I can barely take one scoop of their protein without getting the runs, but with NitroTech I could take the whole canister if i wanted to and I'd be fine. I'm just putting my 2 cents in, but I'd never buy ON Whey protein again in my life.