Closed Thread
Page 203 of 310 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,090 of 9284
    HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HotCheetos has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    About to go on break from work for the next 2 weeks...mention of GoW has me thinking I should get back to that. I finished the first 3, but I think I have the origins game sitting around somewhere that I've never played.
    *Only drive manual crew*
    *craft beer crew*

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    No, I am not really into RPGs, game's atmosphere looks really intriguing but the gameplay is surely not my thing. If I give an RPG a go it'll be Witcher 3, especially now with dat HDR.
    Maybe watch some video of it? I don't think it's the sort of game you're thinking of. There are light RPG elements (seriously, 6 stats only) and it's one of the most immersive games I've ever played. The world building is on a par with HZD, only it's mysterious and unexplained unlike the rich lore in HZD.

It's hard as balls tho, if you don't like challenging (CHALLENGING) games give it a miss.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

MrWhiskey24 for jolly cooperation (PS)

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrBourbon View Post
    Maybe watch some video of it? I don't think it's the sort of game you're thinking of. There are light RPG elements (seriously, 6 stats only) and it's one of the most immersive games I've ever played. The world building is on a par with HZD, only it's mysterious and unexplained unlike the rich lore in HZD.

It's hard as balls tho, if you don't like challenging (CHALLENGING) games give it a miss.
    Combat seems very RPGy to me.
    12-5-23

Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Combat seems very RPGy to me.
    idk what you even mean by that u dumb kunt. game is good. combat is great. stop being a puss and give it a go
    "I dont mean bitch in a disrespectful way, I mean bitch as a general term for women" Kratos, son of Zues
    PC+Xbox1+PS4+WiiU true master race. Can't we all get along?
    ***Tom Clancy's: The Division "Kill all betas"/Survival of the Fittest*** Crew
    I will take your stuff in darkzone even if you are my friend, deal with it.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Criollo View Post
    idk what you even mean by that u dumb kunt. game is good. combat is great. stop being a puss and give it a go
    Mgf and I are going to roll through Bloodborne faster and harder than you and Gerry did I can't f*cking wait to put you to shame!!!!!!!!!

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Criollo View Post
    first, I would never take game advice from you, but thanks.... second, I am sure it is good, I have heard great things, doesn't mean it's my cup of tea though....third, this puss is currently playing through HZD on Ultra Hard, a game Ego could barely beat on Normal....lastly, by RPGy I mean you cast spells and super gay (IMO) wizard chit, it's typical RPG combat, heavily based upon pick an attack, press a button and you get a certain damage amount based upon your own stats and stats of the enemy, it's not turn based which is completely out of my realm of playing unless it's southpark, but it's more RPG orientated combat than something like Horizon which contains RPG elements but leans towards action style combat

if there was nothing else to play sure I'd give it a go, but Witcher 3 with HDR patch is much more appealing to me if I want to venture down the RPG path

inb4 it's on sale for $4 next week and I buy it

Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Mgf and I are going to roll through Bloodborne faster and harder than you and Gerry did I can't f*cking wait to put you to shame!!!!!!!!!
    How you gonna act like you play games with other people?
    12-5-23

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    first, I would never take game advice from you, but thanks.... second, I am sure it is good, I have heard great things, doesn't mean it's my cup of tea though....third, this puss is currently playing through HZD on Ultra Hard, a game Ego could barely beat on Normal....lastly, by RPGy I mean you cast spells and super gay (IMO) wizard chit, it's typical RPG combat, heavily based upon pick an attack, press a button and you get a certain damage amount based upon your own stats and stats of the enemy, it's not turn based which is completely out of my realm of playing unless it's southpark, but it's more RPG orientated combat than something like Horizon which contains RPG elements but leans towards action style combat
    Not sure if trolling or you're genuinely thinking of another game.

Dude you have a heavy attack, light attack, and a gun. There are no spells/wizardy chit. You're spamming light and heavy attacks while dodge rolling away from GIANT enemies in a frantic game of cat and mouse. The combat is nearly identical to HZD except that pussy ranged combat isn't an option.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well so much for me carrying mg through the hardest game he’s going to play

Well so much for me carrying mg through the hardest game he’s going to play
    It's a shame too, was going to invade your game and murder both your asses (n/h)

butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

if there was nothing else to play sure I'd give it a go, but Witcher 3 with HDR patch is much more appealing to me if I want to venture down the RPG path

inb4 it's on sale for $4 next week and I buy it
    the game is actually more action-oriented than HZD (and has none of that wizard stuff -- it's in dark souls tho)

like when people talk about the most refined combat in gaming today, they typically mention bloodborne / the souls games (well, besides character action games like DMC, bayonetta, etc.)

to put it simply, the game is about gameplay in its purest form

there's no story (but the lore is amazing), no tedious inventory management, none of that fluff that comes with most RPGs. it just gives you simple stats (that you can make complex if you want), and basically throws you into the world and leaves you to your own devices. you can even beat the game without leveling your character at all (with pure skill alone)

the atmosphere (it's based on the whole lovecraftian theme), enemy designs, combat, heck, even the music are second to none (although the music is sparse compared to other games, they save it for key moments -- when you're up against a boss, in certain areas, etc.)

there's also a decent variety of weapons / armors which let you experiment with different builds (this is what i meant when i said you can make the stats complex)

honestly, i know i jokingly say every game i play is GOAT, but Bloodborne is legit a game i still consider one of the best to come out this gen. if it weren't for TLOU's MP, Bloodborne would be my number 1 game (it's also one of the games I've actually played to the end and beat lol)

Dude you have a heavy attack, light attack, and a gun. There are no spells/wizardy chit. You're spamming light and heavy attacks while dodge rolling away from GIANT enemies in a frantic game of cat and mouse. The combat is nearly identical to HZD except that pussy ranged combat isn't an option.
    except bloodborne's combat is better because of how responsive the controls are. HZD's melee combat feels SUPER clunky
    pm me ur pics and ill rep u haha jk no homo lol haha no but srsly pls pm me ur pics haha just glutes and maybe face haha no homo again lol just kidding kinda not rly lol pls send them

Angry

I kept these games from my old collection

Evil within
    Alien isolation
    Blood borne
    And god of war 3

I gave my destiny n little big pecker 3 away

But offeredmy copies of destiny n blood borne to him before

I’ll get to bloodbornr but no way before I finish hzd

Originally Posted by butwhowasfeel View Post
    This is a good post. Agreed that BB>HZD controls wise - I meant the light/heavy/ranged combat is a similar layout.

There are 6 stats in the game, when you level up you can improve one of these:

Health Bar
    Endurance Bar
    Strength Weapons (Axes, Swords etc)
    Skill Weapons (Whips, Daggers)
    Gun Damage (Niche stat, not much used)
    Usable Item Damage (Niche stat, not much used)

Bourbon and Buttwhole

Is there a good walkthrough for it, did you guys use one?

I played it when it launched but then put it aside....game from hell. Games from hell I never had much patience with in the past. I could use a game guide next time.

I am not sure if you are trolling, just when you mentioned it I looked at gameplay on youtube and there is some guy brings up some beast roar spell with 100 stats attached to it in the menus and starts casting it in a group of enemies looking retarded af as damage numbers drop from each of them.... again, not saying it's bad, but certainly not my thing, I just saw some screenshots of the menus and my fawking lord how drunk can you be to say it's not a heavy rpg, looks like final fantasy or some chit

the game is actually more action-oriented than HZD (and has none of that wizard stuff -- it's in dark souls tho)

like when people talk about the most refined combat in gaming today, they typically mention bloodborne / the souls games (well, besides character action games like DMC, bayonetta, etc.)

to put it simply, the game is about gameplay in its purest form

there's no story (but the lore is amazing), no tedious inventory management, none of that fluff that comes with most RPGs. it just gives you simple stats (that you can make complex if you want), and basically throws you into the world and leaves you to your own devices. you can even beat the game without leveling your character at all (with pure skill alone)

the atmosphere (it's based on the whole lovecraftian theme), enemy designs, combat, heck, even the music are second to none (although the music is sparse compared to other games, they save it for key moments -- when you're up against a boss, in certain areas, etc.)

there's also a decent variety of weapons / armors which let you experiment with different builds (this is what i meant when i said you can make the stats complex)

honestly, i know i jokingly say every game i play is GOAT, but Bloodborne is legit a game i still consider one of the best to come out this gen. if it weren't for TLOU's MP, Bloodborne would be my number 1 game (it's also one of the games I've actually played to the end and beat lol)

except bloodborne's combat is better because of how responsive the controls are. HZD's melee combat feels SUPER clunky
    Interesting perspective, I don't trust your taste in games but do value your opinion on the technical aspects.... still if I venture into a RPG I prefer Witcher 3 unless Bloodborne hits a big sale before W3 does, then I'm on that Bloodborne train, JK probably playing HZD and TLoU forevermore

And agree with HZD's melee in general, however, the critical, silent, above, below melee work very well, general melee attacks not so great feeling..... however, all ranged weapons feel perfect IMO
    12-5-23

Bourbon and Buttwhole

I played it when it launched but then put it aside....game from hell. Games from hell I never had much patience with in the past. I could use a game guide next time.
    Theres a lot of stuff online for it - I didn't really use that stuff except to find what weapons were best for the build I was going for.

I will tell you that the first section of the game is a huge difficulty wall. It's like they're trying to scare off the casuals rather than ease them into it - punk as fukk IMO. It took me two nights to clear Central Yharnam, srs. It's not unfair, it's that until you learn the game's system and pace it's gonna force you to get better. At some point, though, it just "clicks", and the rest of the game, while VERY challenging, still gives you the "I can do this" feeling. There's nothing better than toppling a boss after it wrecks you multiple times in a row.

Fukk now I want to play Bloodborne again. Feel, you coming brah?

I am not sure if you are trolling, just when you mentioned it I looked at gameplay on youtube and there is some guy brings up some beast roar spell with 100 stats attached to it in the menus and starts casting it in a group of enemies looking retarded af as damage numbers drop from each of them...
    That honestly sounds like a dude doing a fun run after playing the game 8 times through or whatever... I mean, I'm sure there's a dude who has beaten HZD using only the basic arrows or something like that.

I spent 99% of the game hacking at things with a giant sawtoothed meat cleaver at point blank range.

That honestly sounds like a dude doing a fun run after playing the game 8 times through or whatever... I mean, I'm sure there's a dude who has beaten HZD using only the basic arrows or something like that.

I spent 99% of the game hacking at things with a giant sawtoothed meat cleaver at point blank range.
    Nothing about button mashing appeals to me either though. Post a video of what you think best describes the combat, I'd be interested to see, I just found another which looks like piss and very "RPGy" even without spellcasting (again, IMO).... I'd honestly rather take penis in both holes than take part in this style of gameplay

12-5-23

Nothing about button mashing appeals to me either though. Post a video of what you think best describes the combat, I'd be interested to see, I just found another which looks like piss and very "RPGy" even without spellcasting (again, IMO).... I'd honestly rather take penis in both holes than take part in this style of gameplay

Yeah, I hate button mashing too, could never get into the God of War games for that reason. This is the opposite of that - you're dodging, evading, waiting for the time to strike. If you just go in and wail away you'll be dead in seconds.

Youtube is blocked at work so hopefully this vid has no ghey commentary over it, but this was one of my favorite boss fights in the game.

Might not be for you and that's cool, but it doesn't strike me as the kind of game you're describing.

butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Bourbon and Buttwhole

there's a few really good guides, but you shouldn't use them on your first playthru IMO

best to go in blind, then use a guide for the 2nd playthru

Interesting perspective, I don't trust your taste in games but do value your opinion on the technical aspects.... still if I venture into a RPG I prefer Witcher 3 unless Bloodborne hits a big sale before W3 does, then I'm on that Bloodborne train, JK probably playing HZD and TLoU forevermore

And agree with HZD's melee in general, however, the critical, silent, above, below melee work very well, general melee attacks not so great feeling..... however, all ranged weapons feel perfect IMO
    hehe

just a heads up but w3 combat sucks tho

Fukk now I want to play Bloodborne again. Feel, you coming brah?
    fuarkkkk, so tempted to boot it up again

been meaning to try a playthru with bloodtinge build

but i just bought a vive (and got an extra sensor for my rift) so ill prob be balls deep in VR world for a few more weeks

i'll be honest, bloodborne's combat isn't stylish enough to look good in videos. you need to experience it first hand. the responsiveness of the controls just makes me jizz my tits

for flashiness / stylish-ness (and for combat that looks in vids), games like DMC, bayo, MGR, Nier etc. are the way to go

like look at dis ish:

wowza in my trousa
    pm me ur pics and ill rep u haha jk no homo lol haha no but srsly pls pm me ur pics haha just glutes and maybe face haha no homo again lol just kidding kinda not rly lol pls send them

Yeah, I hate button mashing too, could never get into the God of War games for that reason. This is the opposite of that - you're dodging, evading, waiting for the time to strike. If you just go in and wail away you'll be dead in seconds.

Youtube is blocked at work so hopefully this vid has no ghey commentary over it, but this was one of my favorite boss fights in the game.

Might not be for you and that's cool, but it doesn't strike me as the kind of game you're describing.
    We just have very different tastes in games, lol, thanks for posting though confirms my thoughts if that is the highlight of combat

there's a few really good guides, but you shouldn't use them on your first playthru IMO

best to go in blind, then use a guide for the 2nd playthru

hehe

just a heads up but w3 combat sucks tho

fuarkkkk, so tempted to boot it up again

been meaning to try a playthru with bloodtinge build

but i just bought a vive (and got an extra sensor for my rift) so ill prob be balls deep in VR world for a few more weeks

i'll be honest, bloodborne's combat isn't stylish enough to look good in videos. you need to experience it first hand. the responsiveness of the controls just makes me jizz my tits

for flashiness / stylish-ness (and for combat that looks in vids), games like DMC, bayo, MGR, Nier etc. are the way to go

like look at dis ish:

wowza in my trousa
    But you think HZD is bad which I think is the best game since TLoU which I don't think you have ever even finished, so not so sure how relevant your opinion should be to me. With that said, I agree, it looks pretty chitty, similar to Bloodbourne, RPGy combat, but I think the story and journey through the game will offer a lot more, as well as HDR. GXP speaks very highly of W3 and although I realize he likes RPGs more than I do I think he said he played it through like 3 times or something crazy because he thought it was that good. He used to be a gamer and for the most part can be trusted I believe, only thing he is into that puzzles me is BF1.
    12-5-23

God of War 3 is NOT button mashing unless you play it on easy. You cannot make it through the game with just using one or two combos. It requires you to play the game and properly play the right melees/attacks/magic. And even on easy mind you, you don't have to play it as a button masher. There's a lot a ton of great moves in Kratos arsenal you can experiment, you can have fun or you can button mash (again only on easy to a wee bit in normal mode) for cheap kills. It's versatile and the harder difficulties will whoop ya.

I'd wage anyone a bottle of Turkey that you play Titan mode for the first time, you won't make it at all if you try that mashing manure!

SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My backlog:

TLOU (2 trophies)
    God of War 3 aka the only GOW Plat haven't gotten
    Cuphead
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Rise of Tomb Raider
    Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy
    4-6 free games I DL'ed when they were free

I haven't made much progress with my backlog. I'm sure in three days, it'll get even bigger.

Off the top of my head, my PS4 backlog consists of:
    • Horizon Zero Dawn
    • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    • Batman Arkham Knight
    • Shadow of Mordor
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • Rise of the Tomb Raider
    • Metro Redux
    • Metal Gear Solid V

and some freebies games as well.

We just have very different tastes in games, lol, thanks for posting though confirms my thoughts if that is the highlight of combat

But you think HZD is bad which I think is the best game since TLoU which I don't think you have ever even finished, so not so sure how relevant your opinion should be to me. With that said, I agree, it looks pretty chitty, similar to Bloodbourne, RPGy combat, but I think the story and journey through the game will offer a lot more, as well as HDR. GXP speaks very highly of W3 and although I realize he likes RPGs more than I do I think he said he played it through like 3 times or something crazy because he thought it was that good. He used to be a gamer and for the most part can be trusted I believe, only thing he is into that puzzles me is BF1.
    heh

i dont necessarily think hzd is bad, i just think it's overrated. a lot of people praising it but then they go on and chit on ubisoft's games that basically uses the same formula (collect-a-thon, great graphics, subpar story / characters, etc.)

i just dont like the double standards in the gaming community. the game itself is decent from what i've played tho. i just cant get back into it cuz i dont have the time to be messing around with narrative driven games.

as for witcher 3, i have a feeling you'll like it a lot. the witcher 3's strong suit is in its story telling, side quests, characters, atmosphere, etc. and since it seems like you really like those aspects in games, i'm sure you'll enjoy it. it just doesn't really feel like a game to me since i typically play games for the gameplay first and whatever else second (that's why i've put so many hours into TLOU mp and haven't plat'd the SP yet l0l).

bf1 is alright tho. but i dunno what it is about it but i just cant seem to put many hours into it without getting bored. with bf4 and even bf hardline, i'd be able to play nonstop for hours, but with bf1, i can only play like 1 match then i feel burnt out. maybe it's fatigue from playing so many similar games in the franchise

God of War 3 is NOT button mashing unless you play it on easy. You cannot make it through the game with just using one or two combos. It requires you to play the game and properly play the right melees/attacks/magic. And even on easy mind you, you don't have to play it as a button masher. There's a lot a ton of great moves in Kratos arsenal you can experiment, you can have fun or you can button mash (again only on easy to a wee bit in normal mode) for cheap kills. It's versatile and the harder difficulties will whoop ya.
    yup, with harder difficulties you basically have to play it smart and use combos. cant just button mash your way outta there.

im excited to see how the new one plays out tho cuz it seems like they got inspiration from the souls games (and i havent been keeping up with the recent info or w/e lol)

heh

i dont necessarily think hzd is bad, i just think it's overrated. a lot of people praising it but then they go on and chit on ubisoft's games that basically uses the same formula (collect-a-thon, great graphics, subpar story / characters, etc.)

i just dont like the double standards in the gaming community. the game itself is decent from what i've played tho. i just cant get back into it cuz i dont have the time to be messing around with narrative driven games.

as for witcher 3, i have a feeling you'll like it a lot. the witcher 3's strong suit is in its story telling, side quests, characters, atmosphere, etc. and since it seems like you really like those aspects in games, i'm sure you'll enjoy it. it just doesn't really feel like a game to me since i typically play games for the gameplay first and whatever else second (that's why i've put so many hours into TLOU mp and haven't plat'd the SP yet l0l).

bf1 is alright tho. but i dunno what it is about it but i just cant seem to put many hours into it without getting bored. with bf4 and even bf hardline, i'd be able to play nonstop for hours, but with bf1, i can only play like 1 match then i feel burnt out. maybe it's fatigue from playing so many similar games in the franchise

yup, with harder difficulties you basically have to play it smart and use combos. cant just button mash your way outta there.

im excited to see how the new one plays out tho cuz it seems like they got inspiration from the souls games (and i havent been keeping up with the recent info or w/e lol)
    See, that is the thing with HZD and I'd say you haven't played enough of it if you have that feeling. Sure it's an open world game, objectives and tasks to go to, however it's FAR from the Ubisoft open world copy paste missions. One of the reasons I wasn't interested in it at launch was I assumed it was just another copy paste missions open world game, but everything is really unique, sure there are some similarities in side missions but I give Geurilla a ton of credit for how varied and unique the missions are. Same with the story, sure it's not that perfect TLoU like linear narrative with tremendous character development as it's open world but it's by far the best put together open world story I have seen. To me they really set the bar on how an open world game should be done and that is why it's getting praise, because it's far from another typical open world game that Ubisoft for some reason can continue to cash in on.

A fast paced FPS with loose controls is just not my thing, but if it was I think COD does it better, at least now that they are back in world war format and out of space suits.
    12-5-23

my brother and I went to my aunts, first time she saw us in so long. everyone told my brother who's been vegan to stop losing weight! I tried to play it off cool like said, "All the weight he's lost he gave to me hahaha" and one relative lol'd and kindly said, "You look good though"... felt bad

Those who beat hzd (not me yet) is there room for a sequel ?

Yes, basically tells you one is coming with a short scene after the credits roll.
    12-5-23

Yes, basically tells you one is coming with a short scene after the credits roll.
    Yes - you can skip the credits and you still see this scene. It's definitely the most obvious direction they could go with it, but that's just the jumpstart, hopefully they spin it into something interesting. All good, I trust Gorilla after this one.

Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes - you can skip the credits and you still see this scene. It's definitely the most obvious direction they could go with it, but that's just the jumpstart, hopefully they spin it into something interesting. All good, I trust Gorilla after this one.

Plat’d HZD and BB both this year. Looking forward to both whatever Guerilla and Fromsoft do next
    SCC - Redskins - Wizards
    2021 Goal - regain the shreds

Closed Thread
Page 203 of 310 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 ... LastLast