Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mjw8204 View Post
    I think what you've got planned looks okay. I'd consider swapping the days deads and rows are done to see if it makes a difference doing the deads the same day as the static 5x5 squats. How basic are you wanting to keep this? Have you thought about incorporating a little more variety?
    After doing the static weight squats today it's no question that it's harder than the ramped sets. Maybe that's just me. Nothing's written in stone. Any ideas? What type of variety did you have in mind?
    MMA/Strength training journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=975331

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eh, I don't know, lol. I was thinking something along the lines of two full body workouts where you might do squats, bench, rows, etc one day and then deadlifts, incline, chinups etc the next. You'd only be hitting each lift once per week this way, though you'd be hitting each muscle group twice. I don't know if that's what you're going for, though. I think what you have looks okay though. I've been thinking of different ideas for 5x5 routines and came up with something similar to what you have, except it's three days a week.

wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mjw8204 View Post
    Eh, I don't know, lol. I was thinking something along the lines of two full body workouts where you might do squats, bench, rows, etc one day and then deadlifts, incline, chinups etc the next. You'd only be hitting each lift once per week this way, though you'd be hitting each muscle group twice. I don't know if that's what you're going for, though. I think what you have looks okay though. I've been thinking of different ideas for 5x5 routines and came up with something similar to what you have, except it's three days a week.
    I do want two full body workouts. I'd like to squat twice a week if possible. I think I can handle the squats followed by the deadlifts. We'll find out Tuesday when I go to match a PR on squats. I do like the idea of inclines instead of overhead press. How much of an incline? What type of rep/set scheme?

12/19/06
    Squats
    108 x5
    135 x5
    161 x5
    188 x5
    215 x5

Bench
    77 x5
    96 x5
    115 x5
    135 x5
    154 x5

Dips
    BW x 7
    BW x 5
    BW x 4

Deadlifts
    207 x5
    248 x5
    290 x5
    331 x5

The bench was hard.

I felt very wierd in there. Still do. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe I'm getting sick, maybe because my diet was really poor today, I don't know. Umm...yeah. Wierd.

Spontaneously does GHRs Il Leone's Avatar
    Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wh0died View Post
    I felt very wierd in there. Still do. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe I'm getting sick, maybe because my diet was really poor today, I don't know. Umm...yeah. Wierd.
    Still a good job. You got everything up and that's what matters.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128028283

you must not know bout me littlechick's Avatar
    littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    a great workout though
    Deadlifting 250 lbs!

Originally Posted by Il Leone View Post
    Still a good job. You got everything up and that's what matters.
    Thanks, for stopping by LC.

Thanks, Il Leone. Everything was hard which it shouldn't have been. Especially the deadlifts. I'll take care of business tonight.

you must not know bout me littlechick's Avatar
    littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000) littlechick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    have a merry christmas and a happy new year
    Deadlifting 250 lbs!

PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Strong deadlifts man, lookin good. Even for feeling weird, heh.
    Excellence is the result of Caring more than others think is Wise; Risking more than others think is Safe. Dreaming more than others think is Practical and Expecting more than others think is Possible.

Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il Leone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks, for stopping by LC.

Thanks, Il Leone. Everything was hard which it shouldn't have been. Especially the deadlifts. I'll take care of business tonight.
    You sound like you are going through the same thing I've been. Have you been eating enough? I just fixed my diet and things are finally starting to turn back in the right direction for me.

You sound like you are going through the same thing I've been. Have you been eating enough? I just fixed my diet and things are finally starting to turn back in the right direction for me.
    Not in the slightest. My diet has always sucked. Which is why I joined LC's little contest. I need some sort of fire under my ass. I'm not looking to put on any mass until I can lean out to a decent enough level.

I came across this article earlier while I was at work (the day Santa is there is the most unproductive day of the year.) I'll be using that sample diet he listed and I think the cardio and MMA should take care of the leaning out. I don't eat salmon (or any fish for that matter) and 3 servings of chicken seems a little excessive so...any thoughts?

Not in the slightest. My diet has always sucked. Which is why I joined LC's little contest. I need some sort of fire under my ass. I'm not looking to put on any mass until I can lean out to a decent enough level.

I came across this article earlier while I was at work (the day Santa is there is the most unproductive day of the year.) I'll be using that sample diet he listed and I think the cardio and MMA should take care of the leaning out. I don't eat salmon (or any fish for that matter) and 3 servings of chicken seems a little excessive so...any thoughts?
    That's a very good article.

Cutting is a double edged sword. You'll lean out, but you need to keep in mind that you will gain strength at a slower rate and eventually you will get weaker if you overdo it. You just need to track and make little adjustments to your diet as you go and see what works for you.

I'm not full of suggestions on what food to eat, but my diet is basically 40/40/20 with a lot of whole-grain cereal, low-fat milk, shakes, and chicken. I also just added protein bars. I used to get whole-grain rice and mix it in with the chicken. That tasted good.

That's a very good article.

Cutting is a double edged sword. You'll lean out, but you need to keep in mind that you will gain strength at a slower rate and eventually you will get weaker if you overdo it. You just need to track and make little adjustments to your diet as you go and see what works for you.

I'm not full of suggestions on what food to eat, but my diet is basically 40/40/20 with a lot of whole-grain cereal, low-fat milk, shakes, and chicken. I also just added protein bars. I used to get whole-grain rice and mix it in with the chicken. That tasted good.
    Not neccessarily (did I spell that right?) cutting. More like recomping. Strength and conditioning is still my main goals. I'll still be at or slightly above maintenance.

What type of cereal are you eating? And how do you cook your chicken?

Not neccessarily (did I spell that right?) cutting. More like recomping. Strength and conditioning is still my main goals. I'll still be at or slightly above maintenance.

What type of cereal are you eating? And how do you cook your chicken?
    Ok, I think that's a much better idea than cutting.

For cereal, I get pretty much anything from Post. Shredded Wheat usually.

I actually don't cook the chicken. I have to order almost everything over the internet so I'm stuck with canned chicken breast ATM. I just make sure I drain as much of the fluid from it as I can and add a little miracle whip or ranch to it. There's probably something better that I could be using as a topping. I just haven't found it yet.

Ok, I think that's a much better idea than cutting.

For cereal, I get pretty much anything from Post. Shredded Wheat usually.

I actually don't cook the chicken. I have to order almost everything over the internet so I'm stuck with canned chicken breast ATM. I just make sure I drain as much of the fluid from it as I can and add a little miracle whip or ranch to it. There's probably something better that I could be using as a topping. I just haven't found it yet.
    Don't laugh, and I've never tried it, but how about Light Vegetable Cream Cheese?

I hate chicken in a can. Tastes nasty. I've gotta figure something out. I'll need to try this on Sunday: http://www.sallys-place.com/food/col...en_breasts.htm

Have you ever tried Kashi Go Lean? Pretty good stuff. High in protein and fiber.

Don't laugh, and I've never tried it, but how about Light Vegetable Cream Cheese?

I hate chicken in a can. Tastes nasty. I've gotta figure something out. I'll need to try this on Sunday: http://www.sallys-place.com/food/col...en_breasts.htm

Have you ever tried Kashi Go Lean? Pretty good stuff. High in protein and fiber.
    Sorry, I laughed. I like cream cheese, I just don't think it goes well with chicken. Bagels on the other hand... Mmmm. Oh yeah, whole-wheat bagels. There's another idea.

I hadn't even heard of Kashi until now. I just looked it up and it looks really good. Cheap too. I'll probably order some of those to get me through school next semester.

EDIT: Oops, not that cheap. Was looking at the wrong Kashi. Still not bad though.
    Last edited by Il Leone; 12-22-2006 at 11:24 PM.

So the holidays came and kicked my ass. No excuses. Made very good progress in 2006 strength wise and I look forward to continuing that in 2007 in addition to making progress appearance and health wise.

01/01/07
    HIIT cardio on elliptical

Sweat like a pig. My legs give out before my lungs. My cardio is a work in progress.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Kashi are great but cost too much for me.

Excellent if you're not afraid of soy though !!

Nice cardio time
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Goodluck with the new year and new goals man
    Excellence is the result of Caring more than others think is Wise; Risking more than others think is Safe. Dreaming more than others think is Practical and Expecting more than others think is Possible.