Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WeebleNoMore View Post
    For caloric reasons, I still think I will do water with all shakes except the one right before bed.

Why milk at bed time? ???
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by oldsuperman View Post
    Helps me sleep better, and probably because I think my tummy needs something to do, and finally, because with the banana creme muscle milk it tastes yummy. lol
    Non Smoker since August 1, 2007

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. ~ Frank A. Clark

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Talking Lol!

Helps me sleep better, and probably because I think my tummy needs something to do, and finally, because with the banana creme muscle milk it tastes yummy. lol

Thought sooooo! Diet Slacker! LOL! JK! ed

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I cant choke it down with water, skim milk for me. I shake a day post workout 1tsp creatin, 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop muscle milk.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I cant choke it down with water, skim milk for me. I shake a day post workout 1tsp creatin, 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop muscle milk.
    Try adding a little sweetener like splenda or something. I must have dead taste buds, cause I hear this complaint a lot, I just love em with water!

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ed,

I just mixed 2 scoops of very bland vanilla egg protein powder in ice and water in the blender. I tried an experiment, and added one of those single serving sugar free lemonade packets that you usually mix in a bottle of water.

It made it very tasty.

Milk isn't really very good for you, lots of sugar, especially if you are trying to cut fat, so I use water all the time.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

Talking

Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    Ed,

Milk isn't really very good for you, lots of sugar, especially if you are trying to cut fat, so I use water all the time.
    Never use milk either!

Of course you of all people Mike, know I hardly drink the damn stuff anywhey!

Meant to misspell it for those spelling freaks! LOL! ed

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wayne, I think it also depends on what kind/brand of protein. ON protein also contains BCAA's (others may as well) and those are good to take around workout time. That's one of the reasons I do.
    Howdy....
    I use the 'Desiger Whey' brand three times a day.
    Chocolate is the only flaver I can deal with for a long period of time.
    It does say it has 'Enhanced glutamine & Rich BCAA amino acid profile' on the tub.

Learning, learning!

Thanks....be safe on this Friday eve.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Do it or don't do it... tomdana's Avatar
    tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Orange julius

I mix ON Whey Vanilla with orange gatorade and it tasts just like an orange julius.

I use milk if I need it to stick awhile as the casein in milk is slower to digest than the Whey. I do this typically at night.This allows me to still have the rapidly absorbed Whey for the here and now, post workout, though keep the fast off a little longer over night.

michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've started using EAS whey powder (chocolate) mixed with milk, and one banana for potassium and Vitamin A. Right now I'm just doing it once a day right after my workout.

As I type this I'm imagining someone shaking his head and mumbling, "Freakin' rookies...."

LOL
    My workout sessions are so vicious, so auspicious, and so clankalicious!

*My son, Evan, is HERE!!!* (10/3/07 - 9lbs 12oz 21in)

Take a Repcheck:
    Freakin' Hibs x2
    Booze
    WTex
    Kodlaw

Talking

Originally Posted by michaeljazz View Post
    I've started using EAS whey powder (chocolate) mixed with milk, and one banana for potassium and Vitamin A. Right now I'm just doing it once a day right after my workout.

As I type this I'm imagining someone shaking his head and mumbling, "Freakin' rookies...."

LOL
    No, It's more like the old song, "I Remember When." LOL! ed

mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    X 4.

12gs of sugar in 1cp of 2% milk. That's SUGAR! With a capital "S." If you want the high glycemic affect and calories, then add milk! After training is best if you need the cals and fast feeding to the muscles.

Personally, I like Snickers instead! LOL!
    I want snickers too, does anyone make a snickers flavor whey?
    So...I say to a friend that I can't eat what she eats because "I eat funny". So she says "what does funny taste like?". So I say "Like rubber chicken".

scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrapiron7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always drink mine with water. No extra calories!

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ed,

I just mixed 2 scoops of very bland vanilla egg protein powder in ice and water in the blender. I tried an experiment, and added one of those single serving sugar free lemonade packets that you usually mix in a bottle of water.

It made it very tasty.

Originally Posted by tomdana View Post
    I mix ON Whey Vanilla with orange gatorade and it tasts just like an orange julius.

I use milk if I need it to stick awhile as the casein in milk is slower to digest than the Whey. I do this typically at night.This allows me to still have the rapidly absorbed Whey for the here and now, post workout, though keep the fast off a little longer over night.

Try vanilla whey with pineapple juice and lime juice - and if it's not post-workout, add a little coconut milk.

Actually, I love using a couple packets of powdered lime juice (I think it's called TruLime - there's lemon, too) with vanilla whey and water. Tastes like a key lime pie shake!

outlawx720 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) outlawx720 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) outlawx720 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) outlawx720 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) outlawx720 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) outlawx720 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) outlawx720 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) outlawx720 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    From what I hear, it is best to take whey protein with milk if you are trying to gain weight.
    If you are trying to lose weight, I believe it would hurt to take whey protein with milk; just extra calories to burn.

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Times whatever. Still do no know how you insert a previous post. Any way, it's the sugar I do not want before during or after. If you want to smooth out....add milk. Non fat, 1%, 2%, whole and cream all have the same sugar. And the Dairy Assoc. measures fat by weight not volume. Fat is light and floats to the top (unless homogenized). So double/tripple the fat that goes down your pie hole.

As a skinny kid with dreams of making the football team I drank my Hoffmans (soy) protein with half and half cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Can we say Pfarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtt??

JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try adding a little sweetener like splenda or something. I must have dead taste buds, cause I hear this complaint a lot, I just love em with water!
    I've tried them with water but they just dont mix right for me - it ends up feeling like trying to choke down cold vomit with lumps in it.

With skimmed milk (or semi-skimmed when bulking) it ends up creamy and something I look forward to drinking... I know... I'm a girl...

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've mixed mine with everything from milk to peanut butter, mineral water, plain water...there's not much I won't mix a little protein powder into from time to time just to kick up the protein of a given food a little.

I think the reason they say to mix it with water in the mags is because they're so tightly controlling their diets that they're accounting for every gram of every nutrient that goes into their bodies.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If nothing else, it'll be great for osteoblast activity.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Todd_A View Post
    more calories with milk, and a different type of protein (gets into the body slower than whey), but someone once told me that the Lactose sugan in the milk makes it a good choice for post workout. I mix mine with skim milk myself.
    X2..........I can't drink it any other way!
    Happily married father of four and grandfather of two and one on the way. Edit: Grandfather of 3 as of 02/28/2009.

http://workout.bodybuilding.com/MtnBikeMike/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113013061

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!" Texas A&M University.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by genxsis View Post
    Protein powder always tastes best when mixed in milk, and milk adds some protein to it. It's cassein protein instead of whey, but I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

However, everytime I read articles in M&F magazine, they always say to mix it in water, but they don't say why. Does the cassein in the milk slow down the body's absorption of the whey?

What really is the best to mix it in?
    I presume if you're a pro and cutting for a show you want to drink it with water to keep fat and calories down otherwise milk is fine..
    both whey and casein are a byproduct of cheese which is made with milk
    I drink whole milk, a study shows that milk was the best drink after wo , the drink that aided in cell recovery the most
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ed,

actually there is a study that says that people who drink 1-2 cups of milk a day lost fat quicker than the other group who did not drink milk

edit: there are several studies.. I only have this as a reference from
    Mcmaster university
    Drinking Milk After Exercise Encourages Muscle Gain And Fat Loss
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/79235.php

"Like god, if milk did not exist it would be necessary to create it"
    Mark rippetoe
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 01-02-2009 at 07:31 AM.

It's loaded with the B kind of vitamins .. It promotes deep sleep
    especially with a splash of scotch or rum

dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just started adding milk to my post-WO shake. Digestion speed is highly overrated it seems after reading this series by Lyle McDonald.

Part 1
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...stion-pt1.html
    Part 2
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...on-part-2.html
    Part 3
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...on-part-3.html

Darren
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

I'm back, visit my new journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=455993991

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Brother W....but were they Bodybuilders or were they mall walkers who drank a glass of milk instead or Doritos with hot melted cheese poured over?? Adults are not ment to drink milk....peer e odd. Milk drinking is a prduct of the Dairy Assoc.

If you want to sweeten up, flavor up, your whey protein drink mix it with Crystal Lite non sugar drink powder. I like the Rasberry Green Tea.

Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    Brother W....but were they Bodybuilders or were they mall walkers who drank a glass of milk instead or Doritos with hot melted cheese poured over?? Adults are not ment to drink milk....peer e odd. Milk drinking is a prduct of the Dairy Assoc.

If you want to sweeten up, flavor up, your whey protein drink mix it with Crystal Lite non sugar drink powder. I like the Rasberry Green Tea.
    Sorry, you're not going to get me with that nonsense that we are not meant to drink milk as adults... so milk (something found in nature)is bad and hot dogs and chemical or artificial supplements are ok ??

and who drank the milk in the study is irrelevant ..

The researchers took three groups of young men 18 to 30 years of age -- 56 in total -- and put them through a rigorous, five-day-per-week weightlifting program over a 12-week period. Following their workouts, study participants drank either two cups of skim milk, a soy beverage with equivalent amounts of protein and energy, or a carbohydrate beverage with an equivalent amount of energy, which was roughly the same as drinking 600 to 700 milliliters of a typical sports drink.

Upon the study's conclusion, researchers found that the milk drinking group had lost nearly twice as much fat - two pounds - while the carbohydrate beverage group lost one pound of fat. Those drinking soy lost no fat. At the same time, the gain in muscle was much greater among the milk drinkers than either the soy or carbohydrate beverage study participants.
    PS
    Adults are not meant to drink Crystal Lite ..
    actually no human being should drink it

Ingredients
    Citric Acid , Potassium and Sodium Citrate , Aspartame Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine , Magnesium Oxide , Natural Flavor Less than 2% of , Lemon Juice Solids Less than 2% of , Acesulfame Potassium Less than 2% of , Soy Lecithin Less than 2% of , Artificial Color Less than 2% of , Yellow 5 Lake , BHA Less than 2% of - Preserves Freshness

Phenylalanine (abbreviated as Phe or F)[1] is an α-amino acid with the formula HO2CCH(NH2)CH2C6H5, which is found naturally in the breast milk of mammals and manufactured for food and drink products and are also sold as nutritional supplements for their reputed analgesic and antidepressant effects
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 01-02-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Besides the fact that a life without cheese is a life not worth living.

Also, taxation is theft.

Some uses of Magnesium oxide 2nd ingredient in Crystal light...

antiacid..
    It is used as an insulator in industrial cables.
    It is used as a basic refractory material for lining crucibles.
    It is used as a principal ingredient in construction materials used for fireproofing.
    It is used by rock climbers as a way to reduce sweat and moisture on hands and holds.
    It is used as a reference white color in colorimetry, owing to its good diffusing and reflectivity properties.[5] It may be smoked onto the surface of an opaque material to form an integrating sphere.
    It is used as an insulator in devices that exhibit the tunnel magnetoresistance effect.
    It is used extensively in electrical heating as a component of "CalRod"-styled heating elements. There are several mesh sizes available and most commonly used ones are 40 and 80 mesh per the American Foundry Society. The extensive use is due to its high dielectric strength and average thermal conductivity. MgO is usually crushed and compacted with minimal airgaps or voids. The electrical heating industry also experimented with aluminium oxide, but it is not used anymore.
    It is used in feeding animals and there are special grades available.
    An industrial use of magnesium oxide is in leather processing, as a basifying agent on chrome tanning process.[clarification needed]
    Pressed MgO is used as an optical material. It is transparent from 300 nm to 7 ?m. The refractive index is 1.72 at 1 ?m and the Abbe number is 53.58. It is sometimes known by the Eastman Kodak trademarked name Irtran-5, although this designation is long since obsolete. Crystalline pure MgO is available commercially and has small use in infrared optics.[6]
    It is packed around transuranic waste at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant, to control the solubility of radionuclides.[7]

So this is what I should drink instead of Milk??
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 01-02-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Besides the fact that a life without cheese is a life not worth living.
    That goes without saying..

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    Sorry, you're not going to get me with that nonsense that we are not meant to drink milk as adults... so milk (something found in nature)is bad and hot dogs and chemical or artificial supplements are ok ??

and who drank the milk in the study is irrelevant ..

PS
    Adults are not meant to drink Crystal Lite ..
    actually no human being should drink it

Ingredients
    Citric Acid , Potassium and Sodium Citrate , Aspartame Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine , Magnesium Oxide , Natural Flavor Less than 2% of , Lemon Juice Solids Less than 2% of , Acesulfame Potassium Less than 2% of , Soy Lecithin Less than 2% of , Artificial Color Less than 2% of , Yellow 5 Lake , BHA Less than 2% of - Preserves Freshness

Phenylalanine (abbreviated as Phe or F)[1] is an α-amino acid with the formula HO2CCH(NH2)CH2C6H5, which is found naturally in the breast milk of mammals and manufactured for food and drink products and are also sold as nutritional supplements for their reputed analgesic and antidepressant effects
    My grandfather once knocked out a cow that had kicked my grandmother. I don't think he got that strong drinking Cystal Lite, but I do remember he drank at least two glasses of milk with dinner every night.

Also, taxation is theft.