Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    i_bleed_texan
    Originally Posted by TheNewestGuy View Post
    I am cutting, and it counts as a cheat meal. Big pancakes, about 60g of carbs in one sitting.
    I know...but on refeed days, at one of my meals I eat a cup of oats - 54g carbs. That's the idea of a refeed...and 60g of a whole grain carb source? Your pancakes sound like a great idea on a refeed day. Either way...kudos if you count that as a cheat, because that means your diet must be INSANELY clean.

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kokings View Post

The one poster who mentioned that it is high in saturated fats and is probably not the wisest decision health-wise, regardless of its weight-loss hindering effects, seems to be right.
    Originally Posted by TheNewestGuy View Post
    And that one poster is right, it's amazing how different people's cheat meals are. My cheat meal this week is whole wheat pancakes with no-sugar syrup.
    Heyyy I have a name,KAAUD!!
    Last edited by Kaaud; 04-28-2007 at 02:07 PM.
    https://www.egyfitness.com

Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by i_bleed_texan View Post
    I understand the logic, but then that pretty much eliminates all cheats, because a cheat is pretty much referring to a high-fat, high-carb food.
    Pizza Hut
    14" Medium Pan Pizza - Supreme?

Serving Size: 124 g
    Calories: 300
    Calories from Fat: 140
    Total Fat: 16 grams
    Saturated Fat: 6 grams
    Cholesterol: 25 milligrams
    Sodium: 600 milligrams
    Carbohydrates: 27 grams
    Fiber: 2 grams
    Sugars: 6 grams 22% of carbs are sugars
    Protein: 12 grams

Carvel Ice Cream
    Creammaccino - Caramel Cream?

Serving Size: 16 fl oz
    Calories: 590
    Total Fat: 26 grams
    Saturated Fat: 16 grams
    Cholesterol: 90 milligrams
    Sodium: 450 milligrams
    Carbohydrates: 74 grams
    Fiber: 0 grams
    Sugars: 52 grams 70% of carbs are sugars
    Protein: 14 grams

The double disasterous combination the two writers are talking about is Fats+Sugar not Fats+carbs

red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Bro, it's a CHEAT....enjoy it!
    Stuff your face and lay around in an insulin induced stupor, then get back to your normal diet the next day. It's not like you're dieting for the Mr. O.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So once a week for my cheat meal I'll eat a pint of ben and jerrys oatmeal cookie crunch ice cream.

I think the pint has around 1100 cals.

I have gone from about 230 lbs to 198 (I'm 5'10) in the last 4 months or so.

Do you guys think this cheat is hurting my results a lot, and as far a weekly cheat does it seem excessive? Also on the day that I cheat I try to make all my other meals a bit smaller so to keep my daily cal total around 2500. Normal days I eat around 2100 cals.
    I think it's fine if your bodytype/metabolism can handle it and you still lose weight every week. At your weight the 2500 daily total should still be below maintenance anyway. Seems like your normal 2100 is too low, IMO.

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ok, here's the thing...
    it's a CHEAT. It's not a refeed. It's not meant to be healthy. If you're only doing it once a week and the rest of the time you're eating clean and busting your butt in the gym, just EAT IT. It won't kill you, and doing it seldom will not hurt your results. I don't understand why all these people are quoting health books and crap...it's called a cheat for a reason, people. If you're not pre-contest, go ahead and cheat! You better believe that in Oct. when all the comp.'s are said and done, I'll be indulging in some ice cream and whatever else I want:-)

i_bleed_texan
    Originally Posted by Kaaud View Post
    Pizza Hut
    14" Medium Pan Pizza - Supreme?

Serving Size: 124 g
    Calories: 300
    Calories from Fat: 140
    Total Fat: 16 grams
    Saturated Fat: 6 grams
    Cholesterol: 25 milligrams
    Sodium: 600 milligrams
    Carbohydrates: 27 grams
    Fiber: 2 grams
    Sugars: 6 grams 22% of carbs are sugars
    Protein: 12 grams

Carvel Ice Cream
    Creammaccino - Caramel Cream?

Serving Size: 16 fl oz
    Calories: 590
    Total Fat: 26 grams
    Saturated Fat: 16 grams
    Cholesterol: 90 milligrams
    Sodium: 450 milligrams
    Carbohydrates: 74 grams
    Fiber: 0 grams
    Sugars: 52 grams 70% of carbs are sugars
    Protein: 14 grams

The double disasterous combination the two writers are talking about is Fats+Sugar not Fats+carbs

Glycemic Index for: Pizza
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Food: Plain Pizza
    Glycemic Index: 80
    Glycemic Index Rating: High

Glycemic Index for: Ice Cream
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Food: Ice Cream
    Glycemic Index: 61
    Glycemic Index Rating: Medium

Hmm...lol. Dude, you're forgetting that enriched bread/flour is damn near sugar in terms of GI. Unless you're talking about whole wheat pizza crust, which I know you're not.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gi_index.htm

Check this site,Icecream GI varies from 7 to 80

and Pizza GI varies from 36 to 80

and u r right refined carbs are like sugars

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ROTFL!!!

...still smiling.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you still get desirable results and will meet your goal while eating the ice cream, by all means have the friggin ice cream.

At least you picked out a kick-ass flavor! It's one of my favorites too.

It's all about your goals though.

If you have a short amount of time to hit a certain weight maybe you should cut the ice cream. You might get there faster.

If your goal is a healthier lifestyle in general without totally obsessing over every crumb, and you don't care how much weight you lose and how quickly you can lose it, or you know you're losing weight over a long time frame, have the ice cream if you can still make progress with it. Enjoy LIFE.

This forum cracks me up. "No! Don't eat a pint of ice cream! Eat this greasy baked bread with sauce and cheese on it instead. 124 grams of this is better for you, even though nobody knows how much that really amounts to, although it's certain to be a very tiny piece probably nothing more than a few bites and it doesn't really matter cause they're just gonna eat the whole pizza anyway!" Then there's the guys here, in the LOSING FAT section no less, bragging about their 5,000-6,000 calorie cheat days/meal/binges with a twisted sense of pride, as if stuffing their faces with garbage is something to be commended - looks more like emotional eating to me.

Also people seem to forget your body is not going to absorb 100% of the junk in the ice cream in the first place. It would be either a fantastic thing or a curse if the body operated with 100% efficiency depending which side of the fence you're on, but it doesn't. The body is an adaptable machine, it will take care of itself or try its damned best, so if you give it too much food/nutrients/junk to handle at one time, guess what? You're gonna poop some of it right out before it ever has a chance to get into your system. If your metabolism is cranking away or let's say you time some exercise after you've eaten the ice cream, your body is going to use some of the sugar in the ice cream for fuel instead of storing it all.

You can have your ice cream and there are ways to manipulate the rest of your nutrition and exercise to minimize, if not eliminate, any and all affects of the ice cream.

You gotta do what you gotta do to live a happy, healthy, balanced and stress-free existance.

Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    anything that boosts your metabolism once in a while is not harmful
    "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." -MJ

My body is my temple

sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey how bad is THIS ben and jerry's cheat meal lol? jk i know how bad it is, and it was ****ing amazing
    Attached Images
    Michael Scott: Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

i_bleed_texan
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gi_index.htm

Check this site,Icecream GI varies from 7 to 80

and Pizza GI varies from 36 to 80

and u r right refined carbs are like sugars
    The only point I'm trying to make, bro...is that neither pizza nor ice cream are good for you. Are they a great cheat? Hell yes. But no one should really try to say one's better or worse as a cheat than the other. Both can potentially be both high-GI and high fat. I'm not trying to argue at all.

kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10) kokings is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LOL... there is no way you went through that entire bucket

Originally Posted by sportyhp View Post
    hey how bad is THIS ben and jerry's cheat meal lol? jk i know how bad it is, and it was ****ing amazing

i_bleed_texan
    LOL... there is no way you went through that entire bucket
    Nah...in the cheat thread she said she only made it through half. She must be a lightweight.

just joking, sporty...

Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hey! I mentioned the saturated fats thing, don't try to take credit for that!! =P

Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Kohanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by RaferAlston26 View Post
    One thing I saw though someone mention saturated fats and stuff. One day isn't going to make a difference and kill his/her body.
    I mentioned that, and yes, I believe eating that once a week as the poster stated, wouldn't be the healthiest thing for the OP, it would, if continued for a reasonably long period, possibly have adverse health effects.

fatman7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. now I need load of haagen-dazs!!

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh CRAP!! Last night after having pizza and pasta for dinner (seriously) I was at the store trying to decide which flavor Ben&Jerry's I wanted (again, no joke) and I turned to the gal standing next to me and said "They need to make this stuff in half gallons or buckets." LOL, I had no idea!

However, the store did have these teeny tiny cartons of Ben & Jerry's ice cream - single servings!! Now that deserves a real laugh!

fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Its a cheat man have it every once in awhile enjoy yourself and dont let it bother you. Just go back to business as usual every other day than an occasional cheat is well earned.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Tranformation of The Week
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm94.htm

tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Me and my friend cheat once a week. We go to a sushi buffet and put the sushi chef to work. The other 6 days, our meals are squeaky clean and neither of us have been set back.

Take the example of the Japanese guy who can eat the most amount of hot dogs in a single sitting. The guy has abs...

chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chrisc78463 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So once a week for my cheat meal I'll eat a pint of ben and jerrys oatmeal cookie crunch ice cream.

I think the pint has around 1100 cals.

I have gone from about 230 lbs to 198 (I'm 5'10) in the last 4 months or so.

Do you guys think this cheat is hurting my results a lot, and as far a weekly cheat does it seem excessive? Also on the day that I cheat I try to make all my other meals a bit smaller so to keep my daily cal total around 2500. Normal days I eat around 2100 cals.
    i just ate a pint of ben and jerry's half baked and ohhhh my god it was AMAZING i havent cheated in months and months i wasent really craving it but i figured today was leg day and ive never had ben and jerry's before so why not i mean im not a competitive bodybuilder most of us do this to feel good and look good so enjoy life and dont stress it !!! my point is its fine enjoy life while you can the goal is to last as long as possible, moderation is the key to long lasting success and once a week honestly wont effect you

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chrisc78463 View Post
    i just ate a pint of ben and jerry's half baked and ohhhh my god it was AMAZING i havent cheated in months and months i wasent really craving it but i figured today was leg day and ive never had ben and jerry's before so why not i mean im not a competitive bodybuilder most of us do this to feel good and look good so enjoy life and dont stress it !!! my point is its fine enjoy life while you can the goal is to last as long as possible, moderation is the key to long lasting success and once a week honestly wont effect you
    pretty sure the op has figured this conundrum out, 4 years later

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    My trainer told me pizza, or other higher fat foods rather than cake, ice cream or other sweets are preferrable, if one cheats.
    true, thats my cheat mael, and like 3 cups yogart ice cream, 1/2 the cals of ice cream.
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.