Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TheWalkman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't eat the fruit before bed.

Straps are for pussys UpstateTank's Avatar
    UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) UpstateTank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jms944 View Post
    Maitence calories are about 3300

Post porkout i always tka e protien shake with 50-60 grams of protein. I assumed that everyone would jsut assume that I would be taking a shake. I take bcaa's before the gym. Abotu the diet itself. It is around 275-300 grams of protein a day which i would have thought to be enough. With the carbs i was oging to do a day to day type thing. Lets say I am loosing fat but extremly tired and dont have much energy. As long as I asm still loosing weight I was going to add a few good carbs to help with the energy aspect. Now this wokrs the other way to say i am not loosing weight and have an abundance of energy. I would cut out carbs to help the weight loose.

And at school it is hard for me to eat more than 3 "good" meals a day they always have pizza and fried food open but thats not gonna do $hit for me when cutting.

Maybe that will help you give me some more advice. Thanks

A couple things....
    B careful with the amount of carbs you take in...i noticed you said you were getting "tired" every now and then...this totally reminds me of the first time i cut--i wasnt taking in nearly enuf carbs...i lost A LOT of weight, but lost A LOT more muscle than i should have...that was lesson #1 i learned from cutting...whats the point in sacrficing yer hard earned muscle? If you find you're not losing weight fast enuf, just drop a couple hundred cals off by lowering your protein intake (i kno it sounds counter productive, but it has yet to fail me ) Ive been cutting for...2months? and my strength has yet to falter...in fact ive gotten stronger pretty much across the board, all the while visibly losing weight and increasing vascularity. Slow n steady is the key to a successful cuttting diet

I'm at skool as well so I kno how hard it is to b able to eat "healthy", but that still doesnt stop me from getting in the food i need...as the cliche goes "whree theres a will theres a way"
    pick up one of those little foreman grills to cook chicken, lean ground turkey etc...tuna fish is a GREAT dormitory food friend, cheap as hell and no preparation
    "It's not that bodybuilding is everything its that being small and weak really really sucks"

strs8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    like someone earlier posted, cottage cheese is a good idea for a before bed snack and in general as your main source of protein from cheese. it may taste like crap but you can eat it with fruit to make it taste better.
    your body is basically entering a brief period of starvation when it goes to sleep and you need a constant supply of protein during this period. whey protein isnt a good idea as its the quickest absorbing form of protein. casein on the other hand is a slow releasing form which will provide a constant flow of protein to your muscles whilst you sleep ensuring your muscles are always being rebuilt even when your at rest and cottage cheese is a form of casein. also cottage cheese is very low in calories and fat compared to most other cheese's

gwitcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jms944 View Post
    Alright guys I am going to be "cutting" for the first time I am naturally a fairly thin guy but after bulking for abotu a year now I have added some fat around 14% bodyfat. Probably slightly under. I am looking to cut for the first time and here is what I was looking at as a meal plan. This is my first general idea based upon alot of knowledge I have gained over the years. I will be lifting weights 3 days a week and running 3 for a rough workout outiline. So here is the diet. Any reccomendations or changes are welcome. Also I am in college so sometimes it can be hard to change things but there goes.

Meal 1:

4-6 egg whites
    10 oz skim milk
    bowl of oatmeal(not the instant stuff)

Snack:
    Optimum whey protein

Meal 2:
    either a chicken stir fry with brown rice and broccoli and carrots
    or
    Turkey and cheese on wheat bread, 4 egg whites

Snack:
    Cashews or peanuts

Meal 3:
    2 Chicken Breasts and a vegetable( green beans, carrots, broccoli, ect)
    Glass of skim milk

Before bed snack:
    Fruit and some cachews/peanuts.

So what do you guys think of that. Any help is greatly appreciated. REPS!!! for assitance!!( if that gives anyone any motivation)
    That looks like a good diet but for me I think you will need plenty more carbs!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    6 years on, hopefully OP is shredded