Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Looking good man. I remember seeing some pics years back. You have always had a SUPER impressive physique, but I thought I remember a lack of back thickness and density relative to the rest of your physique. (no hate, just what I remember standing out). You look like you have put on some definite improvements in 'density'. How do you feel you are at these days? (cant tell overall thickness from that shot).

I think you would wipe the floor in physique. Classic might be a good place for you as well.

Great build!
    I actually thank you for mentioning that, because if there is anything goes lacking every now and then, it is my back! When I train alone I do not put enough effort in my back training, mainly because I cannot see it working like my other muscles. I have my wife directing me in bringing the definition & density up to par once again.
    **PUREBLOOD FOR LIFE CREW**
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    You haven’t been following physique long, have you.
    I've started watching bodybuilding shows at age 12 back 1982 with my dad. I have seen the beginning and the future of physique. Like in the words of Dorian Yates, Rich Gaspari, Lee Priest, Bob Cicherillo, and more, "Physique are for those who don't have what it takes"

Very familiar with Physique but it never interested me.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by akaMarko View Post
    I am planning to compete down the road, probably in a year's time in men's physique.

I have absolutely zero experience in this and watching videos/pics, competitors's physiques are all over the place in this category. Anyone with experience care to take a look at where I'm at now and answer the following questions?

1. I'm 50 now, weigh 162lbs at 5ft 11". In a year, what would you guess my contest weight should be?

2. Not sure what my BF% is now but assume it should drop a tad more. Maybe 3, 4, 5%? or more/less?

3. Considering legs aren't top priority in this category (but yes I do train them) and you can't see them from my pics, what part of my upper body looks to be lagging? Or should I try for same proportions, just bigger?

I realize this can only be guesswork or a rough suggestion since no one knows me or has seen my in person. I thank you in advance for your responses. ;-)
    I would attend a few shows and size up the competition locally and then decide what is the best move. It can be fun to "jump in" but you don't want to make a fool of yourself either.

good luck.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jlsnyderTypeR View Post
    I actually thank you for mentioning that, because if there is anything goes lacking every now and then, it is my back! When I train alone I do not put enough effort in my back training, mainly because I cannot see it working like my other muscles. I have my wife directing me in bringing the definition & density up to par once again.
    I am glad you took it how I meant it. (as constructive). I am the polar opposite of you (but you have better conditioning for sure, which is something I am slowly working on). You also have a MUCH more aesthetic physique than I do. I am kinda like a boxy square guy whereas you really have those aesthetics that you are either born with or not. I look WAY more impressive from the back than the front. I think it comes from many years of heavy training. Essentially I was only training for strength goals. I credit deadlifts will building a full thick back for me.

It has only been the past few years that I have found a happy place in staying lean-ish. Have not hit your level yet.

Not sure what your training looks like. But I think we could each use a little of what the other has! Although, no matter what I do, I wont get your aesthetics! Nice build man. And FWIW, I dont feel like I am in a place to "compete" either. IF I ever do, I want to be at my best. Not better or as good as the fools who decided to show up that day as my guide!

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Really? I think it is more good advice from a guy who has MANY MANY more years training than you. Just an excerpt from one feds "Physique" judging criteria. Sounds like a "fashion show" to me. YES, they even mention personal grooming as part of judging criteria.

Exactly! In today's 'everyone gets a ribbon' mentality, that is what we have come to. Unfortunately, there is nothing stopping people from doing this. (there should be in my opinion). But we have all see a stage full of guys who you can tell have put years of work into this, and the one guy who has been training a year and wants to show off his 'weight loss'. It is disrespectful to the other guys on that stage who have put years into getting there. It would be like me showing up to play in a high-level basketball one on one tournament and entering just because I play horse sometimes with my kids. I would get spanked obviously. And the guy that had to play me probably would not be happy that a 'hack' like me was even out there. Sure he got an easy win, but it takes away and becomes a distraction to the 'real' athletes who have come with years of work behind them.
    Everyone starts somewhere. Maybe he gets last place but he'll gain experience to be used to get better. I still say go for it, just don't expect much.

PS I wouldn't expect much from me either and I've been training for a decade.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555