Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    I think that's a big deal when speaking about someone who 'needs' high volume. I mean, often those people (and just people in general) lift with poor technique and end up doing less actual, productive volume so they need more garbage volume.
    They are also usually so piss weak that they can't even fatigue themselves with that ridiculous amount of volume.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    I think that's a big deal when speaking about someone who 'needs' high volume. I mean, often those people (and just people in general) lift with poor technique and end up doing less actual, productive volume so they need more garbage volume.
    That’s a broad statement to make. There are advanced lifters, myself included, who favor higher volume and are able to get good results doing it.

At one point I was averaging 30-40 plus sets a week for each muscle group. And every set was with intensity. I do a lot of pyramid training so naturally I can have 5-6 sets for an exercise.

But I was also increasing the weight and reps weekly. My progress was consistent and I was using good form. The volume was not worthless it had its purpose.

That’s just me. Wouldn’t expect anyone to do what I do because I do me and others should do them. Nor am I recommending anybody here do that much volume.

I’m merely pointing out that just because something goes again the norm or what the majority does doesn’t mean it isn’t effective. The important thing to remember is that you figure out what works best for you. That’s what it comes down to.

Some people favor high volume, others not so much, only through experience do you gain the knowledge to be able to determine your training style.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    That’s a broad statement to make. There are advanced lifters, myself included, who favor higher volume and are able to get good results doing it.

At one point I was averaging 30-40 plus sets a week for each muscle group. And every set was with intensity. I do a lot of pyramid training so naturally I can have 5-6 sets for an exercise.

But I was also increasing the weight and reps weekly. My progress was consistent and I was using good form. The volume was not worthless it had its purpose.

That’s just me. Wouldn’t expect anyone to do what I do because I do me and others should do them. Nor am I recommending anybody here do that much volume.

I’m merely pointing out that just because something goes again the norm or what the majority does doesn’t mean it isn’t effective. The important thing to remember is that you figure out what works best for you. That’s what it comes down to.

Some people favor high volume, others not so much, only through experience do you gain the knowledge to be able to determine your training style.
    Yeah man, I completely agree.
    With that post I had mind those novices (or some intermediates) who need 30 sets for chest cuz it won't grow.
    Last edited by HeMB; 03-11-2019 at 11:45 PM.