Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    who the fuk is kevin ogar...and why should I care hes injured

as a decent human being I will say Im glad he didnt cause himself further injury, it could have been worse
    Carb Mal-absorption, no breads, sugary snacks, rice, pasta...live off of 30-40g a day.
    Eosinophilic eso****itis, cant ingest dairy or my eso****us closes up

Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ColoradoMark View Post
    Hey meat-heads, let me learn you something today. A few free lessons, since your education level seems to be sub-par from the rest of the world.

1. Rhabdo is not specific to Crossfit. I got hit with it by jumping into a team ride (cycling) too quickly after taking too long of a hiatus. There are cases documented from just about every sport imaginable and yes, even straight up, weight-lifting. Dumb-asses.

2. Only a total D-bag would make fun of someone they don't know who suffered a life-changing injury. But then again, this is bodybuilding.com what else should I expect. OK nevermind on this one...

3. I guarantee that if any of you actually knew Kevin Ogar, you'd like him. And he'd like you. Despite your differences of workout preference. Kevin is a great guy with a huge heart and everyone who knows him loves him.

Go back to posing in front of mirrors and pretending that you're impressing everyone around you, sucking down who-knows-what neon-colored liquids from a dirty milk jug, and living in whatever the hell fantasy worlds you all live in and give this guy a break. He doesn't deserve it. Stay classy, "bodybuilders".

My friend runs an ER in Colorado, and he said the only case of Rhabdo they have ever seen is from cycling.....and there are 8 Crossfit gyms in his area.....anyone can get it from any amount of overwork.... especially if you are dehydrated.
    Follow my transformation at http://whole360.blogspot.com/

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Wow, no insurance too? That sucks...
    fukc-this makes everything worse...

1. Rhabdo is not specific to Crossfit. I got hit with it by jumping into a team ride (cycling) too quickly after taking too long of a hiatus. There are cases documented from just about every sport imaginable and yes, even straight up, weight-lifting. Dumb-asses.
    my brother got rhabdo while in the military. he was working out as always and the rhabdo kicked in and almost killed him. he was in the ICU for a week with IVs trying to drain his kidneys. it's a miracle he didnt get renal failure; though he did get medically discharged because of the severity of it.
    US Navy Veteran
    eats sriracha with everything
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebt1890 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dude was a beast and probably lifts more than 90% of the misc...

hope the guy has a speedy recovery

one of my friends competed there this weekend actually.
    *rescued two dogs crew
    *spearfishing crew
    *snowboard crew

Beast Mode: Engaged leakypipe23's Avatar
    leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What was the movement? If it was AMRAP CF has a ****storm on their hands.
    505/325/573 Raw

Seattle Sports Crew

TEAM PHOINIX

The Iron never lies to you...The iron will always kick you the real deal. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. -Henry Rollins

Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000) Vanniek71 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey meat-heads, let me learn you something today. A few free lessons, since your education level seems to be sub-par from the rest of the world.

2. Only a total D-bag would make fun of someone they don't know who suffered a life-changing injury. But then again, this is bodybuilding.com what else should I expect. OK nevermind on this one...

3. I guarantee that if any of you actually knew Kevin Ogar, you'd like him. And he'd like you. Despite your differences of workout preference. Kevin is a great guy with a huge heart and everyone who knows him loves him.

Go back to posing in front of mirrors and pretending that you're impressing everyone around you, sucking down who-knows-what neon-colored liquids from a dirty milk jug, and living in whatever the hell fantasy worlds you all live in and give this guy a break. He doesn't deserve it. Stay classy, "bodybuilders".
    Originally Posted by Zerafian View Post
    who the fuk is kevin ogar...and why should I care hes injured

as a decent human being I will say Im glad he didnt cause himself further injury, it could have been worse

Would you care if your friend was injured?

Same thing, a person was injured and although it may not effect you directly as you don't know them its another human that was paralyzed. Maybe it doesn't bother you that he was hurt, but you should on some level care.

Look at it this way, troops are overseas fighting for your freedom and they get hit with an IED and are injured, do you give a **** then?

I'd hope so. (and I am not saying CrossFit is on the same level as that, I'm just making a point that a person is injured, there should be some amount of care, unless you are a total bag of douche)

i
    Follow my transformation at http://whole360.blogspot.com/

BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDubbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This sucks man. I went to high school with Kevin didn't even know if was into crossfit. Played basketball many times with him.
    [Stickam Crǝw]

CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    snatched 3X his bodyweight? fuk...speedy recovery and prayers for him.

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by leakypipe23 View Post
    What was the movement? If it was AMRAP CF has a ****storm on their hands.
    it was X amount of time to find a 3RM touch-n-go snatch. So it wasnt something that would have been fast as all the athletes should know exactly what they will be capable of... just a mishap on a snatch that he didnt bail out of correctly

NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100)

Couldn't agree more! Kevin is a class act.

Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reach4More is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That is terrible...

Beast Mode: Engaged leakypipe23's Avatar
    leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leakypipe23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The "you can get hurt doing other sports" argument from CFers is silly. You can get hit by a car walking across a country road or a highway. CF programming (or lack thereof) is the highway version for achilles injuries, SLAP tears, and rhabdo.

Hope Kevin recovers quickly.
    505/325/573 Raw

Seattle Sports Crew

TEAM PHOINIX

The Iron never lies to you...The iron will always kick you the real deal. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. -Henry Rollins

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you google Kevin Ogar, this thread is the first link that shows up.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100) NightStalker67 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MrBitches View Post
    Last I heard he lifted with ****ty form and a barbell penetrated his angus severing his spinal cord. Doctors said it was the worst case of crossfit they've ever seen. Its expected his angus has recieved irreversible damage and he'll never walk again. Currently there is no news on the condition of the barbell.
    The "you can get hurt doing other sports" argument from CFers is silly. You can get hit by a car walking across a country road or a highway. CF programming (or lack thereof) is the highway version for achilles injuries, SLAP tears, and rhabdo.
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    if you google Kevin Ogar, this thread is the first link that shows up.
    Good this shows up first... everyone can read what some of these uneducated, douche bag "bodybuilders" are!

ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColoradoMark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Hope Kevin recovers quickly.
    Uh, I'm a cyclist. And this is not about Rhabdo. And the injury faced was not an achilles, or SLAP tear. Crossfitters can get injured from crossfit. Bodybuilders can get injured from body building. Cyclists can get injured from cycling. Pedestrians can get injured from crossing streets (about 10,000 DEATHS per year). This post is actually about a guy who got hurt and the original post is just asking for an update on his condition. There are tons of posts in this forum about how crossfit is so horrible. Just go do a search and throw your two cents in there. Your contribution to this post is irrelevant.

I could give an update about Kevin's condition, but I'm not going to. Not in this worthless forum where people are just going to hate on a guy in a bad situation.

mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DatPass View Post
    I'm interested to see how he actually injured himself, if it was a freak accident while lifting then he deserves full sympathy but if he was doing something moronic like close to 1rm c&j's for time then he deserves anything he gets.

Either way he'll never have to pay a bill again in his life if it was a form related injury at a xfit meet... lawyers will eat that chit up.
    Release of liability waivers are signed at each gym and event.

Lawyers won't have a leg to stand on (no pun intended)

Show some respect *******s. This guy got seriously injured doing something he loved. Even lifting with proper forum can lead to devastating injuries. Bb or crossfit. So stop acting like elitist assclowns.
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

"A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be."

PSN: mrawdtsi
    XBL: Xxmr4wdTRDxX

Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Exactly! These people on here just exemplify being a meat head!

Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100) Xfit2016 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MrBitches View Post
    Last I heard he lifted with ****ty form and a barbell penetrated his angus severing his spinal cord. Doctors said it was the worst case of crossfit they've ever seen. Its expected his angus has recieved irreversible damage and he'll never walk again. Currently there is no news on the condition of the barbell.
    Shocker coming from a skinny dumbass who can't even write a simple sentence. Karma is a bitch and you will get yours!

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Uh, I'm a cyclist. And this is not about Rhabdo. And the injury faced was not an achilles, or SLAP tear. Crossfitters can get injured from crossfit. Bodybuilders can get injured from body building. Cyclists can get injured from cycling. Pedestrians can get injured from crossing streets (about 10,000 DEATHS per year). This post is actually about a guy who got hurt and the original post is just asking for an update on his condition. There are tons of posts in this forum about how crossfit is so horrible. Just go do a search and throw your two cents in there. Your contribution to this post is irrelevant.

I could give an update about Kevin's condition, but I'm not going to. Not in this worthless forum where people are just going to hate on a guy in a bad situation.
    Thus far your posts have been pissy & adversarial. We don't need updates from you if that's what you registered here to be. Now, keep your tone respectful before I neg or boot you out of here. Thanks & have a nice day. I hope your friend recovers quickly.