Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bicepcurlz View Post
    Because you want to start off by gaining strength and working every little and big muscle in your body. Strength training usually focuses on compounds more and these are what make your body acclimate well to lifting heavier, and activating every muscle and fiber possible. If you start with hypertrophy you'll probably be more inclined towards isolations neglecting certain stabilzer muscles and not make the same progression as on a strength routine.
    I really don't understand this argument
    There's no reason why an hypertrophy program should be more inclined to isolation
    McDonald Bulk Routine is not a strenght routine but it's an upper/lower with low volume and with focus on compound lifts and few exercises

Also lifting more weight doesn't mean building more muscle
    Progressive overload builds muscle but it's a matter of "increase as weight percentage" not as "absolute weight"

So if someone can only lift 80 pounds for 6 reps before failure, the first time he joins a gym, and the next week progresses to 88 pounds, the progressione is the same as someone who is lifting 140 pounds for 6 reps before failure, the first time he joins a gym, and progresses the next week to 154 pounds, it's still a 10% increase in weight, the hypertrophy effect is the same. Someone who is very weak when he starts lifting for the first time and can't lift much before reaching failure is building muscle at the same rate as someone who is starting already strong and lifting heavy weight before reaching failure.

If it were possible for a beginner to lift 80 pounds one day and 280 pounds the next week, that wouldn't make his gains bigger, since what matters is not the absolute weight but the progression and the point of failure. If you get failure at 6th rep, you get the hypertrophic effect of failure at 6th reps wether the weight is light or heavy. "light" and "heavy" are relative concepts not absolute ones. Starting stronger has nothing to do with progressing faster in muscle gains.

Also beginners progress in strength faster than they progress in muscle gain, so there's no evidence at all that strength gains and muscle gains are linearly correlated, there's no evidence at all that if you're getting stronger faster you are also getting bigger faster. And since bodybuilding is about bigger muscle and aestethics and since size increases always results in an increase in strength (unlike strength increases that don't necessarily result in an increase in muscle mass) a bodybuilder who doesn't need to powerlift and compete in strength contests, doesn't need to worry about strength.

Sorry but powerlifting and bodybuilding have nothing to do with each other, there are more similarities between rock and classical music.
    Damn the day powerlifting experts started to believe that they could give bodybuilding advices and bodybuilding experts started to believe that they could give powerlifting advices

The only reasons to suggest a strenght routine to a beginner are:
    1) if his goals include powerlifting
    2) if you can't think of a simpler program to suggest and the hypertrophy ones you know are high-volume and complex

The kid doing those numbers will be much stronger on a traditional split then some kid who's db benching 65 after a year of training.
    but they won't be any bigger (than someone who never built a strength base and follower and hypertrophy program from the beginning) so that's irrelevant to a bodybuilder who doesn't need to lift MAX in front of an audience.
    Last edited by JaredPunch; 06-21-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arcanom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by babylover View Post
    Get to a basic level of strength. /3/2/5

Do whatever the **** you want after that.
    There is no reason that should take any longer than 6 months.

The kid doing those numbers will be much stronger on a traditional split then some kid who's db benching 65 after a year of training.
    I honestly believe that DB benching 65 after a year is **** because given example myself I progress much faster than that with correct eating and sleeping. I did see good strength gains after stopping your SS. Although I'm not going full hyper atm (doing 3 day hyper 2 day strength but not consistend of all big lifts).

Its probably just Erik leftover with 65's after a year goodprogressbro.jpg

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JaredPunch View Post

Also lifting more weight doesn't mean building more muscle
    Progressive overload builds muscle but it's a matter of "increase as weight percentage" not as "absolute weight"
    The stronger person will have better basis to overload with much greater weight. Thus having the potential to be produce better results.

There is no suprise that the people that hae a physique that I desire lift very heavy weight, 315+bench, 400-500 squats, etc. I am yet to see someone with a physique that I would like that has worst lifts than I do.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Xuaxace View Post
    The stronger person will have better basis to overload with much greater weight. Thus having the potential to be produce better results.

There is no suprise that the people that hae a physique that I desire lift very heavy weight, 315+bench, 400-500 squats, etc. I am yet to see someone with a physique that I would like that has worst lifts than I do.
    That's because they slowly progressed to those weights.
    What I mean is that they are bigger because they have been lifting for a longer time and since they have been lifting for a longer time they progressed to heavier and heavier weight. But if someone could take a shortcut and progressed to those weight in 1 year instead of 10 year, he would still have a 1-year-old-lifting-experience body, his body would still build muscle at the same rate,

Starting stronger doesn't mean building more muscle faster because the absolute weight is irrelevant to muscles, they're not "thinking" "damn he lifted a huge weight, we must become bigger" they just think "damn, this weight tired us after 6th reps, we must become bigger" ... absolute amount of weight is irrelevant to hypertrophy.

skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)