Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    blitzen25bm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blitzen25bm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blitzen25bm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Boiling the water will get rid of cholorine and kill bacteria but if there are any heavy metals and minerals dissolved in the water, that will stay there and that stuff also adds to the water water's taste so the chlorine taste will be gone but it still will have a certain taste depending on whats in it. You won't get sick from bacteria most likely because of the chlorine, you do shower and wash with it untreated and it seems fine it is just whatever is in the water can build up in your system since you are drinking so much. Get the filter from Amazon.com. Brita and Pur are two big names and I am sure Amazon delivers to you, not sure about how the tariffs work though. Which Island are you on? My coworker offered to take us to Carnival in Trinadad where she is from a few years ago but I never got a chance to visit.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I drink bottled water and I only spend $28 a month on it.

I buy 2 x 24 packs a week of Kroger water. 2 for $7. You're getting ripped off OP.

blitzen25bm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blitzen25bm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blitzen25bm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^
    He lives overseas, but either way it is expensive. Whoever drinks bottled water here is getting ripped off too. A thousand gallons of tap water is like 5 bucks and a water filter is 30 maybe. So you are spending about 3 years worth of water money every month.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blitzen25bm View Post
    ^
    He lives overseas, but either way it is expensive. Whoever drinks bottled water here is getting ripped off too. A thousand gallons of tap water is like 5 bucks and a water filter is 30 maybe. So you are spending about 3 years worth of water money every month.
    It's worth it to me for convenience.

Bottled water isn't regulated as much as tap water though, I am sure it is safe but no telling where it really comes from. Plus those things are tiny. I would need to carry around half a dozen bottles just to get through a day of work. I have a 64 oz bottle that I use and refill each night but we have a reverse osmosis setup at home so it makes it easy.

Bottled water isn't regulated as much as tap water though, I am sure it is safe but no telling where it really comes from. Plus those things are tiny. I would need to carry around half a dozen bottles just to get through a day of work. I have a 64 oz bottle that I use and refill each night but we have a reverse osmosis setup at home so it makes it easy.
    I take 3 of them to work with me every day in my cooler, so they stay cold. I see what you're saying... it's still worth it. I've been doing it this way for years and I like the convenience.

2.4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get the filter from Amazon.com. Brita and Pur are two big names and I am sure Amazon delivers to you, not sure about how the tariffs work though.
    When buying from Amazon I used my free "skybox" accounts that gives you an address in Miami where you can ship stuff you purchase from the US to. When it reaches Miami, it will then be shipped to my door step for a fee of US$2.30 per ounce. Some items also incur an import duty.

Which Island are you on? My coworker offered to take us to Carnival in Trinadad where she is from a few years ago but I never got a chance to visit.
    I am from Trinidad, thanks for asking blitzen25bm. To really see what Carnival is about, you should come for atleast one month leading up to the climax (Carnival Monday and Carnival Tuesday). There are many competitions (Calypso Monarch, Panorama, International Soca Monarch, King and Queen of the Bands, Calypso Road March and many more) and lots of fetes (Brass, Insomnia etc. etc) to enjoy. I guess actually being here is the only way you can experience what its like. Its a very carefree time of year (which actually begins around late August with the carnival band launchings). And if you play mas on Monday and Tuesday (with one of the many masquerade bands), its like all your troubles just disappear for 2 days, as you wine (dance) to the soca throughout the streets from morning to night.

Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    I drink bottled water and I only spend $28 a month on it.

I buy 2 x 24 packs a week of Kroger water. 2 for $7. You're getting ripped off OP.
    ^
    I've stopped buying water as of yesterday. It was an expensive habit I had. Even when I could afford it again, I don't think I would start back buying water. Plus all those plastic bottles that go into the dump can't be good for the environment.

Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    It's worth it to me for convenience.
    I agree, convenience is important because it could save you time. Unfortunately, today I favored saving money over convenience by purchasing 24 tins of tuna from a discount-type mart many miles away from where I live rather than buying it a stones through from my house. I saved $24 but I lost 2 hours in the process with all the traffic etc.
    img=http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4293/clarencebasswc7.jpg