Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Does P90X work?

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_ View Post
    "The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored!"

Sounds like a load of crap.
    It is...

I had to do it in my elective PE class. Such a waste of time. They emphasize doing 12-15 reps and the key is that:

"you give your best effort on the last 3 reps...that's all that matters, is the last 3 reps." -'tard from P90X

For chest day you basically do endless pushups. I don't remember doing a leg day lmao...besides plyometrics, which again, sucks.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

Registered User MiKeHendrycks92's Avatar
    MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by C-results View Post
    I've seen a lot of ads for P90X. I would like to try it, but I want to know if it's really affective and is it worth the money? I can actually get the videos for free, but I don't get the nutrition chart or any of the accessories that come with it.
    ....hmmm does eating less and moving more==weight loss??

i just answered your question with a question.
    Don't try to go to Heaven by backing away from Hell.

"Do ya thang man, **** what they lookin at"

Haters gonna Hate

Current Stack:
    Fish Oil
    Dymatize All Natural Elite Whey
    USPLabs JACK3D
    ON Opti-Men

Weight-180lbs
    Lifts- Bench: 225X3 touch, pause, press
    Squat: 375X1 ATG
    Deadlift: 475X3 perfect form and vids.

kasinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having done P90x Myself, I will say its still a great workout program because covers the important fundamentals of exercise and weightlifting. I did the doubles program and ended up in the best shape of my life. Granted I will admit this was my first workout program I followed but it worked. Maybe its not as intense as the stuff most people do here. But I thought It did a great job with covering all areas of fitness. It changed my life completely, and inspired me to take up this hobby. after I recover from my wrist injury, I plan on doing it again.

As far as the muscle confusion goes. I don't really believe it either but it provided more variety and less boredom. When It came down to weight loss it worked but I still gain a lot more muscle then I did before. And that I am glad for. So does it work. Yea. It did for me. Just maybe not as well as other stuff any of these folks can suggest. ( and any do Please feel free to PM me and point me in the right direction)

Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im sure P90x works for weight loss and some muscle definition and i understand thats what some people want and thats cool, but there are other ways of achieving this without buying P90x.

Personally i think the only advantage is that you will be more "physically fit" compared to just building strength/size in the gym, but you will get better results lifting heavy weights, eating in a deficit, and throwing in some HIIT cardio, if you really want that ripped look.

just my opinion

As for "muscle confusion"....really?? cmon.
    "Gracie is doing anything he can to hang on....See, Royce isn't choking him with his legs there because he has no leverage. He's just trying to hold Severn back."

Seconds later, Severn taps to the first triangle choke in MMA. Classic.

allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah I think how they market it is pretty bogus. But the actual workouts have pretty good results if your goal is to be physically fit. But if you want to be "ripped" you'll have to workout differently.

Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's a very good program for building muscular endurance and getting into physical shape. The high pace, low rest routines will work your body hard and build up your stamina. You won't get big by doing P-90x, because you aren't doing powerlifting exercises like squats and deads, but you'll develop some good bodyweight strength and will become more knowledgeable with how the body works and responds to different things.

The plyometrics and core synergistics workout will push you pretty hard and is good for an 'off' day where you aren't going heavy and just want to get some work in.

Overall, if you're just training for size, I'd just invest my time in the gym hitting heavy compound exercises to bulk up.
    "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

-Rocky Balboa

Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, you're probably going to lose a good bit of your 'power' when you do the program, as for my friend's bench spiraled in the wrong direction after taking 3 months off from any heavy duty benches.
    "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

-Rocky Balboa

sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My dad used the P90x a year ago after he was recovering from an injury. he is very into athletics and wanted something to jump start him back into his track program during the winter. He followed the P90X to a T, and was absolutely shredded when it was all done. So I do believe it is a good program for getting in shape and having some nice definition. its like any workout program you take on....you put the time and dedication into it...you will see results!
    "Give them nothing...But take from them.......Everything"

AaronDMorgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was looking into P90X because I was a former gymnast and since I have quit I have lost alot of the definition I used to have. I had nice abs and pretty cut arms, not too big though, just lean.

Would P90X combined with rugby (my current sport) be a good track for just general toned muscles?

namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10) namrufmot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been doing it for a few weeks...but I tweak it slighty. One week I'll follow the DVDs exactly. The next week I'll do the same body parts the DVD calls for, but at the gym with less reps more rest. Like this:

week #1 Monday = Max weight on chest and back at gym
    week #2 Monday = P90X dvd

etc etc....so far ive dropped some decent lbs and managed to keep my strength.

I was always in decent "gym" shape....but P90X will make yoou more athletic all around. My 40 time has improved, my vertical has improved, et...

tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tmckay2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my guess is its like any routine. it works better for some than others. i graduated physical therapy school a few years ago, played a lot of high school sports and always stayed active, i mean you can't be a physical therapist and be fat and out of shape, doesn't really motivate your patients. at 26, when i first tried p90x, i was in fairly good shape. i always did standard lifting: bench, dead lift, squat, mixed in with lifts that work multiple muscle groups. i did a lot of pull ups even back then. but i can tell you p90x pushed me to the limit. if you go hard, its pretty dang tough. i personally found the core exercises difficult. i was strong but didn't have great flexibility or balance (aside from snowboarding). it takes a week or two to grow on you though, as the exercises sometimes feel awkward and are often forcing you to use small muscles that you probably have ignored. after i was done, and mind you i didn't follow it to a T, i switched out about one exercise per day for something else i liked better, i had dropped 7% body fat, finally achieved a six pack and looked all over pretty ripped. again, like a poster said before, this is partly because i was already in half way decent shape and had muscle as it was.

im surprised more people in a body building forum don't understand the idea of "muscle confusion". i thought it was accepted knowledge in the training community. we learned about it all the time in school. the idea is that you are forcing muscle groups to work with other muscle groups they don't normally work with, constantly switching it up. it distributes the load ever so slightly in different ways, tweaking the muscles a little more and also increasing mobility of the muscle and joint. can you get more "buff" just by doing the same exercise all the time? absolutely. but in terms of overall fitness, you aren't helping yourself much. for some people, who cares. i mean what difference does it make? but if you want to be overall in very fit condition, its a must. not surprisingly, it also helps once you get off p90x and go back to heavier lifting (as another poster said, i do p90x twice a year for six months total, mixing in 3 months of increasing weights on the cornerstone lifts) it actually helps. by the time youre done, especially after your third or fourth circuit, you have built up so many stabilizers and muscles used in balance/core that you can lift more, at least in my case.

fact is it is very hard to follow for 90 days. i dare some here to try just the ab ripper alone. many will find they aren't as in good of shape as they thought. but people here are right, if you stick to a strict diet and exercise routine, you can get pretty much any body you want. i was looking for something more unique and different, to challenge me in some way, and p90x fit the bill. i didn't drop the crazy amount of money that it costs though, i had a friend who had it and never used it, so yeah i agree the cost is stupidly high. but if you can get it used or free from a friend do it. i don't think many would regret it.

MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000) MotherSuperior is just really nice. (+1000)
    Diet+Exercise=results

P90x has a bunch of exercises and comes with a diet plan. If you follow the program, it will work.

If your desired results are weight loss and improved conditioning, this will do it, but so will plenty of free excercise infromtaion and dieting info. you can find online.

They didn't reinvent the wheel; they just packaged it all together and put a bow on it.
    Last edited by MotherSuperior; 03-31-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126921813

docarparts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking P90x

i have seen the ads for it too. Now in my opinion the p90x is good at delievering cardio and keeping motivated with a program that your paying good money for. Now i know the muscle confusion seems like it would be bad or good(from the companies side), but in reality u can confuse the muscles with plainly adding a few more lbs to your reps with any exercise. I think the P90x is good if you are not well addressed in the world of bodybuilding or exercising for that matter, but if you know how to fill an hours time at the gym every other day with different routines and adding weight when you progress then it should be fine. But like i said if you don't know any exercises then this would be good for someone in the cardio and light lifting field. Just remember that if you do decide to do the program that when u complete it with a certain weight like say using 30lb dumbbells in the beginning of the program you make sure you move up the weight to keep the muscles growing bigger and stronger and not just toning.

Chris827 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love how every comment against P90X here says it's a bunch of crap from those who haven't done it and those who have have nothing but good things to say about it. Seems like there's a pattern... Hmmm...

DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarthPinhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ddeacon22 View Post
    First post but had to put something out there as I've been doing P90X for a few years (a couple of rounds per year). I definitely disagree that it is crap.

You need to understand what is is. It's not something you are going to bulk up on hugley and it isn't a weight loss program. It is more of a physical fitness and nutrition program. If you want to get extremely fit, it will work well. If you want to put on huge amounts of muscle, probably not for you. For me, I cycle it with weight routines (3 months weight routine, 3 month P90X etc) as I like the variation and am looking for more general fitness. Also, when I'm doing weight routines, I use a few of the P90X videos for cardio...gotta try the PlyoX video. It is great if you do any kind of sports that you want to get fit for.

Once you've done it, you'll know what works and what doesn't work. I have gotten to the point that I substitute certain exercises that they have in the videos to get what I want to out of them (like I do bench when they do pushups etc.).

If you can get the videos for free, go for it. It's only a 3 month program, you'll know after the first few weeks if you like it or not. I personally modified it after the first week as I can't stand Yoga so I dropped it and sub'd another video. The papers for tracking progress are available in pdf on the P90X website as well.

D
    Agreed.

My neighbor had purchased it and it did WONDERS for him. I copied the set and found the literature on a torrent site. Actually, the videos can be found pretty easily. BUT, you really should follow the program to a "T" to see the results. I do the Ab Ripper X and swear by it. That thing is a killer in and of itself! And Yoga's not that bad; it's the hummus I can't stand!
    A foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds. -Emerson

UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UltraKlassic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Chris827 View Post
    I love how every comment against P90X here says it's a bunch of crap from those who haven't done it and those who have have nothing but good things to say about it. Seems like there's a pattern... Hmmm...

Exactly.

It's for real and will shred you up if followed to the "T".

ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ModernPatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to workout at home and concentrate on overall fitness, then this is a good program. I'm a police officer and work with several guys who have used (or are currently using) P90x and most like it. I personally don't do it because I live in a top floor apartment and I don't want to piss off my neighbors.

The biggest complaint I hear from people is mostly from people who are already in pretty good shape. Muscular guys have gotten smaller and lost their strength, so they quit the program. However, those guys said that their endurance increased dramatically.

Guys who are overweight or want some definition love it. There are guys who are happy where they are and don't want to pay for a crossfit gym membership.

If you want to be big, don't do it. If you want to cut some weight, then go for it.

duy3o3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Muscle confusion"

"constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus"

Give me a break. You want your body to adapt to a given training stimulus. And when it does you then increase the training load (more weight, more reps, more sets, etc.) and force it to adapt once again. Repeat.

Constantly changing exercises and routines to "keep your body guessing" is a guaranteed way to stay small and weak.
    I disagree. Tony Horton says the reason people are getting results from this is, "muscle confusion". But your muscles do not become confused, the reason for the results is because the workouts change before the plateau effect occurs. Sure it might sound like a load of crap, but it DOES work. My sister's ex-boyfriend did it, and he was featured on BeachBody and got $1000. How does it make you stay small and weak? It gradually changes your body. It's not like you can change from an average Joe to a full blown hunk in one day. So to the writer of this forum topic, yes it DOES work. It's just not for everyone because it is intense.
    Last edited by duy3o3; 04-14-2010 at 07:59 AM.

ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ocn2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Only if you do the diet.

It's basically high protein, low carb, lots of fresh vegatables and some fruit

sathyam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Muscle confusion"

Give me a break. You want your body to adapt to a given training stimulus. And when it does you then increase the training load (more weight, more reps, more sets, etc.) and force it to adapt once again. Repeat.

Constantly changing exercises and routines to "keep your body guessing" is a guaranteed way to stay small and weak.

I am a little confused. Im not an expert just wanting some clarification/advice based on current experience.

I wasn't getting any soreness or seeing any real gains from my workout. Even tho i was consistently adding weight and I usually change up my reps every 6 weeks (3-4 sets of 10 then 12,10,8,6 rep set).

The trainers and guys at the gym told me not to do the same exercises. That my body adapted to it and was plateauing. One trainer told me every time he comes to the gym he does a different set of exercises, he never does the same set he did the week before.

Since I've started doing some new stuff, or variations (cables dumbbells) of the old stuff. I've been seeing gains and feeling sore once again.

Could someone direct me as to which path is the proper way to go for muscle growth.

rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JustinCheung38 View Post
    Okay let us clear the air about P90X.

It is basically having a personal trainer pushing you through exercises if your overall knowledge of bodybuilding and fitness in general is limited.

Sure it helps with your nutritional charting and what not, but just eat clean with a 500 calorie deficit and you will get similar results. That means, healthy fats, low GI carbs, high protein.

P90X will not get you 'ripped and jacked'. Please understand that if you are doing this program with no previous lifting experience, you will probably not have much muscle mass laying under that fat - sorry to be blunt.

The reason I think most people on this forum get upset when people mention P90X is that the fanboys run in saying they got jacked from it, when clearly there is a visible distinction between what most of the experienced lifters understand as 'ripped and jacked' versus what fanboys do.

If you are that stupid, let me give you some examples.

BB Enthusiasts - believe that, if we stay in the spectrum of being natural, jacked is someone along the lines of Skip La Cour in his prime.

P90X Enthusiasts - believe that jacked is being completely negligent of symmetry and having some abs and maybe a little bit of chest.

Sure there are exceptions of people who have used P90X as a fat-burning supplement to help during their cutting phase, hell I know I have. Just do not live and die by it as the only form of exercise that will get you huge.

If you want some big mooscles, get in the gym, grab some plates and drive some iron.

There is my rant, kill me now.
    Mate, you are a legend. I like people that tell it like it is...

After reading that I may use P90x as part of my cutting phase, but I doubt I'll bother with it for anything else.

Why can't people understand that good old-fashioned lifting weights is what gets you big? Lift big, eat big, GET BIG!

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

just fyi

Here's a three part detailed pretty objective overview of p90x in terms of

claims vs
    routines
    diet and
    how they physiologically map or not to those claims
    &
    alternatives - either instead of, or once done with

starts here:
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2009/08/ref...rt-1-of-3.html

best
    mc

silviubona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yeah it works, but...

Originally Posted by C-results View Post
    I've seen a lot of ads for P90X. I would like to try it, but I want to know if it's really affective and is it worth the money? I can actually get the videos for free, but I don't get the nutrition chart or any of the accessories that come with it.
    I've done the entire workout and it was great. Innovative, and different and it's great for loosing weight and tonning up.

However, I believe that's it's only a great workout for in home training as you need little equiptment. If you can get into a gym with a trainer and go regularly, you'll have MUCH better results.

If you do decide to do the program, stick with it, and DO THE DIET PLAN. It's a solid diet plan that will keep your energy up and give you what you need.
    God is love

nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nielsen75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sgt_kelly View Post
    its like any workout program you take on....you put the time and dedication into it...you will see results!
    Agreed! P90X is a progam ie personal trainer on DVD - what's not to work if you do it.

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nielsen75 View Post
    Agreed! P90X is a progam ie personal trainer on DVD - what's not to work if you do it.
    Originally Posted by nielsen75 View Post
    well what's not to work?

let's see:
    it's not an hypertrophy protocol - some folks are looking for that, especially at a bb forum.
    it's not a power strength protocol - some folks are looking for that.

it's a cardio/endurance program in the main - if you're looking for that super.

it's not a program optimised for much weight loss unless you're in the 3000kcal plus zone and you need to get to 2k to meet the highest allowable calorie amounts. groups already eating close to their caloric level in the book will not be losing a lot. eg 250 less a day for someone = less than a pound a week.

that's not necessarily a bad thing; it's just a reality check
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2009/08/p90...-will-you.html

so if you're already kinda lean and are just deconditioned, and you want to get leaner and develop endurance strength rather primarily, rather than mass and any other kind of strength, bring it.

does it work? well what does "work" mean? research shows that doing ANYTHING for an hour twenty a day for 12 weeks will have an effect. what effect is p90x having? is that the only way to achieve those effects?

That's the question i have had (i did the program by the way, the doubles version): "is this the best way to achieve these goals"

from what consideration of what options does one come to p90x?

hence reviewing the whole thing
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2009/08/ref...rt-1-of-3.html

best
    mc

followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10) followme is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Seeing your avatar, I would say that you would benefit greatly from P90X. It is geared mainly for people who have a decent figure, but they have approximately 10-20 extra lbs of fat on them.

P90X is mainly cardio with some strength training thrown in, though it is not heavy lifting by any means. It burns fat really well and gets you in excellent cardiovascular shape.

However, for a person like me who did the program for 7 weeks, it was too much cardio. I felt I was burning away the little bit of muscle I had, and I needed lots of muscle. P90X is not for getting buffer, it's for toning up by using light weights and losing fat.

I stopped because I was afraid that I was just going to look smaller at the end of the thing than I did when I started.

Now I'm doing my second round of Starting Strength. I love it. Those P90X sessions were often long and strenuous, and everything inside you wants to give up. The Yoga is a friggin 1.5 hours, driving you nuts as you do the same thing over and over.
    My Starting Strength journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=476695911#post476695911

I'm a video editor! | See my latest videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/thejapanesechallenge

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes it works but the biggest part I think is the nutrition portion. They get you eating better and that helps you lose fat, along with the intense workouts you burn a lot of calories.

P90x is a good intro to working out and eating right for building muscle but it can only take you so far. Once you finish the program and get over the euphoria of having visible abs you need to join a gym and start a real weight lifting program that doesn't involve dumbbells at home. You will make great gains and take your physique to a whole new level.

k1ng21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have done p90x and it does work. like others have said it is mainlyto get fit dont expect t get huge from it. i lost 30 pounds on it. as for the diet just cut out fried food, pop, fast food, and be smart with what you eat. you have to portion what you eat. its pretty basic stuff. if you are really looking to lose weight and cut up i would suggest looking into getting insanity instead it's a shorter workout (60 days) but it is much harder and shorter per day.
    Last edited by k1ng21; 04-22-2010 at 10:56 AM.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "Muscle confusion"

Exactly.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let's face it. Most of us feel that any workout program (or pretty much anything) sold on TV informercials is garbage that old ladies and stay at home moms fall for.