Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacktheHero will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by C-Squared View Post
    WOW @ actually RECOMMENDING pasteurized products, good lord...
    What's so bad about pasteurised eggs?
    For what it's worth, heat in general seems to increase the burden of CML-like AGEs in food, which according to recent reports is not desirable, but what else may be bad about it?
    However, this only applies to food subjected to heat for prolonged periods of time, <20 sek pasteurised food is still almost-raw.
    Love to cite that paper[1]:
    Egg, fried 27 kU/g
    Egg yolk, boiled 12 kU/g
    (Chicken breast, fried 15 min 61 kU/g)

[1] Goldberg et al. Advanced glycoxidation end products in commonly consumed foods. J Am Diet Assoc. 2004 Aug;104(8):1287-91. Division of Experimental Diabetes and Aging, Department of Geriatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA.

juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juniorotty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol i have been drinking raw egg whites in my shakes for sooo long. and now i found out i have been getting 50% of the protein out of them.

I find its easier to eat them in a shake as i cant be bothered cooking and eating the tasteless whites..

and i was thinking of putting raw pasturized eggs into my shake but now there bad aswell lol

Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AmericanPsycho View Post
    I've mixed raw eggs with orange juice before and it tasted good but I'd do what one said and mixed pasteurized egg whites instead.
    Dude WTF! LOL! Raw Eggs mixed with Orange Juice LOL!

Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oils is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Riskity View Post
    Your body denatures the protein anyway, so cooking is good. It allows you to absorb more protein, and there's less risk of salmonella.
    But what if you cook the egg too much? Like over-cooking it? Eventually all protein must be lost if you over-cook an egg.

powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powertimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    humm, i was never fond of the taste of eggs raw or other wise!!!! I would rather buy egg isolet and make a shake... i know some guys at the gym that do it but they told me of that could afford the power they would do what i do ...lol

JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I eat raw eggs in the morning sometimes because they are cheap and fast to make at 5am when I get up for work. Even if I only get part of the protein I feel its better than relying on just a protein shake and some oatmeal.

the Hsp70 of BB.com TheWaffleIron's Avatar
    TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The abstract of the study in10city posted earlier...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9772141

J Nutr. 1998 Oct;128(10):1716-22.

Evenepoel P, Geypens B, Luypaerts A, Hiele M, Ghoos Y, Rutgeerts P.

Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium.

Digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein in humans as assessed by stable isotope techniques.

Egg proteins contribute substantially to the daily nitrogen allowances in Western countries and are generally considered to be highly digestible. However, information is lacking on the true ileal digestibility of either raw or cooked egg protein. The recent availability of stable isotope-labeled egg protein allowed determination of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein by means of noninvasive tracer techniques. Five ileostomy patients were studied, once after ingestion of a test meal consisting of 25 g of cooked 13C- and 15N-labeled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same test meal in raw form. Ileal effluents and breath samples were collected at regular intervals after consumption of the test meal and analyzed for 15N- and 13C-content, respectively. The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9 +/- 0.8 and 51.3 +/- 9.8%, respectively. A significant negative correlation (r = -0.92, P < 0.001) was found between the 13C-recovery in breath and the recovery of exogenous N in the ileal effluents. In summary, using the 15N-dilution technique we demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment. A simple 13C-breath test technique furthermore proved to be a suitable alternative for the evaluation of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein.
    Edit: He included the link. Anyhoo, this is the abstract.
    Nutrition and Supp Science FAQ:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139153843&p=849049173&viewfull=1#post849049173

Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10)

yeah

if you nuke the raw eggs for about 15 sec's it kills all the bacteria and then they are safe.
    what doesn't kill you,makes you stronger.

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tim Maloney View Post
    if you nuke the raw eggs for about 15 sec's it kills all the bacteria and then they are safe.
    It's been established that the chance of bacteria in eggs is somewhat rare.

Originally Posted by JezerOne View Post
    I eat raw eggs in the morning sometimes because they are cheap and fast to make at 5am when I get up for work. Even if I only get part of the protein I feel its better than relying on just a protein shake and some oatmeal.
    Yeah I eat raw eggs every morning as well mixed with skim milk and a banana. I'm starting to justify doing this, as I'm reading up about how raw eggs can contain bacteria etc.

Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tim Maloney is on a distinguished road. (+10)

whatever

i read nuking eggs first somewhere. i do it just to be sure. i've had food poisoning once ,don't need it again. but ya know do whatever. ain't my business.
    what doesn't kill you,makes you stronger.

krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by UN Soldier View Post
    But what if you cook the egg too much? Like over-cooking it? Eventually all protein must be lost if you over-cook an egg.
    if you burn protein it's not protein any more. burnt protein is probably going to be black/charred like burnt anything else. if you denature it it is anywhere between simpler protein and amino acids. these are absorbed/digested easier than protein that acids/enzymes have to break down.

thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I've been eating raw eggs for years and it never made me sick

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i put them in shakes all the time

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thomas885 View Post
    I've been eating raw eggs for years and it never made me sick
    glad you replied 6 years later
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    glad you replied 6 years later
    yw bro, I love reviving old threads, preferably 10+ years old threads, it's pure epicness

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thomas885 View Post
    yw bro, I love reviving old threads, preferably 10+ years old threads, it's pure epicness
    thus why your red
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lies View Post
    I've heard a bunch of conflicting info about the benefits of drinking raw eggs.

It is attractive to me for the following reasons:
    Eggs are cheap , drinking eggs is an easy protein+ fat meal, it tastes pretty good to me.

I have heard two things regarding to absorbtion.

school of though #1 drinking raw eggs is a superior way to get their protein because the proteins do not get denatured from the cooking process (e.g. fried eggs supposedly get denatured somewhat)
    #2 eating cooking eggs makes their protein more absorbable by your body

I have also read some **** about albumen binding to biotin and excessive drinking of eggwhites gives you a biotin deficiency. but also egg yolks are high in biotin, so if you drink yolk+white is the biotin concern voided?

I don't have reps to give, but i think it would be awesome to see some science put this myth to bed.
    1. You are correct that applying heat to eggs denatures Some of the nutrients, but the cooking makes others become more bioavailable...

2.) the most recent evidence shows that about 94% of the protein is available from cooked eggs vs about 60% from raw. Its all a matter of preference. I prefer to drink my eggs with almond milk and whey isolate as opposed to eat them for the sake of it being quick and easy because I don't always have time to sit, cook, and shovel down an entire plate full of food.

3.) In raw eggs there is a protein called avidin that bonds to biotin and prevents it from being absorbed or at least it becomes malabsorbed. However, cooking the eggs negates that

At the end of the day man it's totally up to you. I have no digestion issues or apparent vitamin defiencies (most bodybuilders or regular gym guys get plenty of b vitamins as is). Unless youre prepping for the Olympia - do what feels right for you. Who gives a **** if anyone else doesn't like it or has something negative to say. People always will. Go raw. Go cooked. Go with whatever you like at the moment - thatll probably change 6 months from now anyway!
    Team GAT Representative

http://www.teamgat.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gat/gat.htm

"Sometimes in life it's the barbell that lifts up the man."

Instagram: standout_nutrition