Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vanes_wf View Post
    Sugar(carb) + Fats = FAT-STORING Combination
    Tom Venuto mentioned this...in his <BFFM>
    Agreed.. Carbs + Fats = Fat storage. This is why I avoid pizza, ALWAYS. Just an example.

Originally Posted by r3pnIt View Post
    also, do you want to eat before your depletion workout or take a shake after?
    I'd eat a couple pieces of fruit an hour or two before depletion workout for the energy. Post workout, drink your shake and take in 50g +/- of liquid carbs and begin your refeed diet to complete over the next 24 hours.

Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000) Kang114 is just really nice. (+1000)
    wait so if all these things are absolute no-nos, then where does a cheat meal fit into the weekly plan of the diet?

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kang114 View Post
    wait so if all these things are absolute no-nos, then where does a cheat meal fit into the weekly plan of the diet?
    Have a smart cheat meal like something that is fat/protein or carb/protein.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You guys are completely missing what I'm asking.

I don't care about the fat gain, I'm just wondering if Chinese Buffet with like sweet+sour pork etc will work for a carb up. I don't care about the extra fat gain, just not going out of ketosis.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by soup_or_man View Post

I don't care about the fat gain, I'm just wondering if Chinese Buffet with like sweet+sour pork etc will work for a carb up. I don't care about the extra fat gain, just not going out of ketosis.
    Will it work? sure, sweet and sour and the chinese buffet will definately kick you out of ketosis and cause a carb up.

That is completely disregarding the intelligence of such a move though.

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    Will it work? sure, sweet and sour and the chinese buffet will definately kick you out of ketosis and cause a carb up.

That is completely disregarding the intelligence of such a move though.
    x2!

To the OP, if everyone's been saying similar things, maybe we have a valid point?
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSpiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol.

Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I say lose 2-3 pounds then eat 9000 cals on the carb up full of pizza and sweet fried food. Then you can keep saying you lost 3 pounds this week but dont tell them about the 3 you gain eating all that crap. I still don't understand why people think if you do good for 6 days you get to eat like a hog for a day?

soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soup_or_man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Except for the fact that I'm bulking. Way to read the thread Mr. smart guy.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    regardless of bulking or cutting remember this:

A cheat on a cut = slowed progress

A cheat on a bulk = pure fat gain.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000) Ryanmcd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are not bulking, your getting fat and not in a good way. So the 400 pound people I see do a "bulk" too right eating pizza and **** like that? Just eat the right way and lift hard. This reminds me of that guy that put on 60 pounds "Bulking" eating **** for 5 months, he just got fat lol

minvec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I do a dirty carb-up where I eat whole bunch of fatty high carb food once in a while to get my metabolism going again. It works great. I would gain about 1kg, but within a week, I am below where I was and looking better.

I do this when I stay at same weight for a period of time (say 5+ days) which for me is usually around every 3 weeks.

Having said all this, I haven't tried to up my metabolism using clean carbs only. It may work better, but frankly I need a cheat meal once in a while.

Tristan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vanes_wf View Post
    Sugar(carb) + Fats = FAT-STORING Combination
    Tom Venuto mentioned this...in his <BFFM>
    That's not what he meant.
    After all the 33/33/33 diet works pretty well and there you have the same caloric intake of carbs and fats. But on a carbup you consume enough calories to cause fat gain unless you allow carbs to mostly go to replenish glycogen while fat still provides energy production and avoid the sudden rush of carbs in combination with fats.

Negger of $hitty threads seoulseek80's Avatar
    seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ryanmcd View Post
    I say lose 2-3 pounds then eat 9000 cals on the carb up full of pizza and sweet fried food. Then you can keep saying you lost 3 pounds this week but dont tell them about the 3 you gain eating all that crap. I still don't understand why people think if you do good for 6 days you get to eat like a hog for a day?
    It keeps people sane. There is no way in hell you're going to gain 3 lb of pure fat on a 1 day carbup. sorry wont happen. Water weights going to be the biggest effect on a dirty carb up as long as you resume your normal diet.

minvec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by seoulseek80 View Post
    It keeps people sane. There is no way in hell you're going to gain 3 lb of pure fat on a 1 day carbup. sorry wont happen. Water weights going to be the biggest effect on a dirty carb up as long as you resume your normal diet.
    I reckon I gained bit more than 1kg (3 pounds) of fat on a single dirty carb-up day. 3500kcal above maintenance = 1kg of fat. So I reckon it'll be entirely possible.

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ryanmcd View Post
    9000 calories in one day, yeah you'd have to be eating constantly to achieve that in a day. I have my cheat day on Saturdays and eat whatever I want on those days. Even if I tried I couldn't go overboard, I know because I tried this weekend and seemed to eat less that day than others. I don't see the problem, I see it as a reward for doing so well on the other 6 days. Then again I'm not here looking to compete or anything, this is my main way of eating. I'm doing good regardless, if you deprive yourself of any cheat meals then eventually it'll all catch up and you WILL be eating those 9000 calories of crap often.
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

~Barefooters Crew~|~Atheist Alliance~| ~Yellow Fever Crew~

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by minvec View Post
    I reckon I gained bit more than 1kg (3 pounds) of fat on a single dirty carb-up day. 3500kcal above maintenance = 1kg of fat. So I reckon it'll be entirely possible.
    So after your carb up you had a proven fat test done on you, or are you basing this solely on weight?
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

~Barefooters Crew~|~Atheist Alliance~| ~Yellow Fever Crew~

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    not that simple. Fortunately much more complicated than that.
    risk nothing, gain nothing

3500 cal above = 1 pound, not 1 KG. and 1 kg is 2.2 pounds, not 3. so if you gained 3 pounds of fat, you would have eaten ~11,000 cal above maintenence. im pretty sure you didnt

I would be having clean carb ups every week, but once a month or so would like to treat myself to a chinese buffet. Noodles, Sweet n sour pork, orange chicken, etc.

Negger of $hitty threads seoulseek80's Avatar
    seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000) seoulseek80 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry I find that medically impossible to gain 3lb of pure fat in one day of cheating regardless of what you eat.

sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Well, cheating on regular bulks once a week wont result in extra fat gain, so all im wondering is if somehow those type of carbs dont work for carb ups.
    I ate 3 family size pizza during 48 hour *cheat up*. weighted lower than where I started 24 hours later

vanes_wf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tristan3 View Post
    That's not what he meant.
    After all the 33/33/33 diet works pretty well and there you have the same caloric intake of carbs and fats. But on a carbup you consume enough calories to cause fat gain unless you allow carbs to mostly go to replenish glycogen while fat still provides energy production and avoid the sudden rush of carbs in combination with fats.
    He did mention this is the fat-storing combination. For eg, ice-cream, cookies, cakes,etc have this combination...aren't they fattening??(in terms of more likely being stored as fat!?)

r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i aint going to lie , i cheat like a mutha ***** on my carb ups, i dont even call them carb ups anymore, i just say i stop keto now, cause its not a real carb up, but i still see great results, so im not mad
    *MiSc-13* - D@ G3NeRaL

**Misc M@rio Brahz**

50- "Ain't Nothing You Can Do To Stop My Shine, This is God's Plan Homie, This Aint Mine!" -50