Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Umm, instead of lifting on MWF and going to BJJ MWF lift T TH S and go BJJ at normal times ... aint that hard man

And I don't do GI but I'm pretty sure you don't have to do it after every class

Edit: lol poor Tyler manning I'll trade you 10 lbs of muscle for 2 inches of height yes?

But seriously, why don't you gain weight? I'm not gonna jump on the dickhead bandwagon right now but I really gotta ask
    Last edited by MayhemMaker; 02-07-2010 at 09:37 AM.

636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 636 HunteR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know^

Wrestling without the gi is just not as fun. You get other peoples sweat all over you and its bleh. I would also rather not be 'that guy' that doesnt bring his gi, or has a gi that smell like ass.

I will just have to get used to getting my ass kicked going to 2 a week no-gi for now, with a gi wild card.
    8-16-2011 - the day Thy_Kingdom said he would rep but didn't. never forget.

Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by masterjb View Post
    don't believe in protein shakes?? Why? Could help your recovery out big time and increase your progression in strength and power.
    I don't believe in them, because there is very limited evidence showing they actually do any of that. Its all broscience.

It has been proven that carbs : protein consumed in a 2:1 or 4:1 help muscle recovery and glycogen replenishment.

As for beau, we have a disagreement about protein requirements. Remember from other threads?
    "negs suck, dont they? now STFU, save your breath for your blow up doll and go back in your moms basement and watch TUF, snot nosed little boy. oh, and next time ask permission to say anything to me."

-Gomi

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    I don't believe in them, because there is very limited evidence showing they actually do any of that. Its all broscience.

It has been proven that carbs : protein consumed in a 2:1 or 4:1 help muscle recovery and glycogen replenishment.

As for beau, we have a disagreement about protein requirements. Remember from other threads?
    No offense brah, but maybe you should try a little broscience cause everyone with success lifting weights seems to be into them. (Unless you can achieve an absolutely perfect diet, which is hard).

Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    No offense brah, but maybe you should try a little broscience cause everyone with success lifting weights seems to be into them. (Unless you can achieve an absolutely perfect diet, which is hard).
    It would seem that the lifting weights is more instrumental to the success than the protein, otherwise there would be evidence in any shape or form.

It has been proven that lifting weights can cause muscle development though. Which is why most people here have success, despite their diets.
    "negs suck, dont they? now STFU, save your breath for your blow up doll and go back in your moms basement and watch TUF, snot nosed little boy. oh, and next time ask permission to say anything to me."

-Gomi

stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500)

thats why you look like this

and i look like this

go protein powder
    EthnicSpirits.com

VODKA and BEYOND...

lol

It couldn't be that I do kettlebells/crossfit now could it? I'm not lifting for hypertrophy or paleness, so no I don't look like you

-Gomi

TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by stasgolbom View Post
    tyler just go...

you wrap your hands wrong, you cant even make a proper fist, and your punching sucks because you scraped all of your joins on your hands which makes me think you hit the heavy bag with no gloves... fail all around.

also you are not 6% bodyfat i got better muscle saturation then you and im 12% so stfu.
    haha that was my pre-training picture so i could see how much i have progressed.

if you ever feel like going down to my weight class, im looking into an ammy MMA card in November. any time big boy, stop trying to insult me with facts you can't prove.
    "the good die young, the great die fighting" me

stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500) stasgolbom is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by TylerManning View Post
    haha that was my pre-training picture so i could see how much i have progressed.

if you ever feel like going down to my weight class, im looking into an ammy MMA card in November. any time big boy, stop trying to insult me with facts you can't prove.
    i really dont think i can drop to 145... and i dont have to prove anything, anyone that trains can tell you have no clue wtf you're doing.
    EthnicSpirits.com

VODKA and BEYOND...

TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500)
    i really dont think i can drop to 145... and i dont have to prove anything, anyone that trains can tell you have no clue wtf you're doing.
    lol, my debut is going to be at 125. and you don't need to be talking to me like that boy. you are only 20, i got no respect for you.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I lift at lunch time 3 times per week, go home, eat a huge meal, nap and go to BJJ or wrestling at night around 8 pm. Plenty of time to recover and eat in between training sessions.

I'm pretty sure you'd be fine with 2 strength sessions on alternate days and maybe start adding finishers at the end of your BJJ classes if you want extra work.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

go protein powder
    you may have a decent physique once you reach puberty, except for the gyno in your right nipple.
    Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.

"I'm not cheating, I'm winning!" - my 5-yr old son

"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" - George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted by TE View Post
    you may have a decent physique once you reach puberty, except for the gyno in your right nipple.
    its just the angle bro, just the angle :P
    EthnicSpirits.com

VODKA and BEYOND...

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I switched to an all-bodyweight themed workout once I started doing BJJ. I felt like I got better results from it in terms of strength and conditioning, with the added benefit that it takes less time.

Although if you're interested in bulking, that might not work for you. I'm "gifted" with being a stocky endo, so bulking isn't really necessary for me.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    haha okay dude, that pic is from before i started training MMA.

and don't try to tell me my body fat percent, or ill bust out my purple belt in the ufc.

i was 13% body fat 2 years ago when all i did was drink massive amounts of soda and play video games. im a freak of nature, stfu.

Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TE View Post
    He doesn't have gynecomastia anywhere...

its just the angle bro, just the angle :P
    Also, I don't use any protein supplementation... and I have to maintain my weight to be 180 lbs at 13 % ish BF.
    Last edited by Von Brawn; 02-08-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eomer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its certainly possible - i train MMA three times a week and lift weights/cardio 3/4 times without burning myself out - it's all about a solid diet plus resting and building your body up to it - your body can do incredible things if you give it long enough to adapt.
    Look at someone like Layne Norton, dude trains almost everyday including cardio and has some of the most intense workouts going.

I'm not really sure what you mean by you dont believe in protein shakes? People arent trying to fob you off that these will cure miracles...(ok maybe Muscletech are)
    Taking in alot of protein / carbs is essential to being able to maintain an active lifestyle (training almost everyday) and protein shakes enable you to gain the necessary amount of protein without having to eat a ton of chicken/tuna/beef etc
    They can be incredibly handy when you've eaten a **** load or are on the move.
    I dont really get what there is or isnt to believe in.

shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shamboner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    I train, lift, work full time, and go to school part time. It's not impossible. But it does suck.
    I agree i work part ime , go to school full time, lift 5 days a week and train 5 days a week to. its a busy schedule but its do able.

Originally Posted by Von Brawn View Post
    i would post your pic, but you don't have one.

=P thanks for the rep
    Last edited by TylerManning; 02-08-2010 at 03:32 PM.

i would post your pic, but you don't have one.

Your handwraps don't even touch your knuckles brah. They're pretty much a tube on your wrist.

-Gomi

Originally Posted by MayhemMaker View Post
    Umm, instead of lifting on MWF and going to BJJ MWF lift T TH S and go BJJ at normal times ... aint that hard man

And I don't do GI but I'm pretty sure you don't have to do it after every class

Edit: lol poor Tyler manning I'll trade you 10 lbs of muscle for 2 inches of height yes?

But seriously, why don't you gain weight? I'm not gonna jump on the dickhead bandwagon right now but I really gotta ask
    lol nevaaaah, well i recently got into a wreck so i can't lift weights. can't gain fat, so im just kind of chilling with the muscle mass i have. plus i like to be light, makes me faster. plus i don't see why people have it in there minds that they have to bulk as much as possible. IMO there is ALWAYS someone bigger faster harder and stronger than you. im just picking a weight class and training hard. plus i can compete at 125-155, as i age i'll probably be able to make WW and MW but i don't see the point.

Your handwraps don't even touch your knuckles brah. They're pretty much a tube on your wrist.
    lol i know, im telling you that the pic is BEFORE i ****ing trained...god damn

Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol nevaaaah, well i recently got into a wreck so i can't lift weights. can't gain fat, so im just kind of chilling with the muscle mass i have. plus i like to be light, makes me faster. plus i don't see why people have it in there minds that they have to bulk as much as possible. IMO there is ALWAYS someone bigger faster harder and stronger than you. im just picking a weight class and training hard. plus i can compete at 125-155, as i age i'll probably be able to make WW and MW but i don't see the point.
    Tyler what on earth is your sig about "the good die young, the great die fighting" so your only great if your fighting? and calling someone out over the internet, nice

Originally Posted by Combat-Forum View Post
    Tyler what on earth is your sig about "the good die young, the great die fighting" so your only great if your fighting? and calling someone out over the internet, nice
    does the quote say, "the good die young, only the great die fighting"?

NO, and who am i to say? its a philosophical statement that only the reader may define. it is what it means to you, so get off my nuts.

Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Combat-Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    does the quote say, "the good die young, only the great die fighting"?

NO, and who am i to say? its a philosophical statement that only the reader may define. it is what it means to you, so get off my nuts.
    Ok mr I have a quote on the good die fighting, yet ive never fought . Just saying thats what it comes across as, you still didnt reply about calling the kid out over the interweb.

Originally Posted by Combat-Forum View Post
    Ok mr I have a quote on the good die fighting, yet ive never fought . Just saying thats what it comes across as, you still didnt reply about calling the kid out over the interweb.
    i have gotten into a fight on numerous occasions, just never sanctioned. im a small kid from a country town. fighting is second nature to me, and i didn't reply because what you said was irrelevant and insignificant.

i have gotten into a fight on numerous occasions, just never sanctioned. im a small kid from a country town. fighting is second nature to me, and i didn't reply because what you said was irrelevant and insignificant.
    So you based the quote on your streetfighting, my bad. Carry on tyler

Small country town of...Austin? lol

I grew up in a farmtown and the only time there are fights is during the Rodeo. And then the only thing that happens is somebody falls down and gets the **** spurred out of them till their buddies chase off the other guys.

-Gomi

Small country town of...Austin? lol

I grew up in a farmtown and the only time there are fights is during the Rodeo. And then the only thing that happens is somebody falls down and gets the **** spurred out of them till their buddies chase off the other guys.
    Snook, Texas. moved to Austin a couple years after my parents split. everywhere is different, but where im from we scraped all the time. first fight was in pre-k, and thats not even counting all the fights me and my brothers got into.

Snook, Texas. moved to Austin a couple years after my parents split. everywhere is different, but where im from we scraped all the time. first fight was in pre-k, and thats not even counting all the fights me and my brothers got into.
    How can you constantly be getting in fights in a city of 568? There had to be what, three other guys your age? Would you guys just go in rotations of fighting each other?

I think this is going to backfire on you just like your instructor name dropping.

-Gomi