Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by frankdtank20 View Post
    Pants on fire, broski. Their benefit is through being mild anti inflammatory. Inflammation is the primary cause of CVD. Heck that's why stress and smoking are such big risk factors for CVD. The hype of statins is next level as is the connection of high cholesterol by itself causing CVD. The correlation lies primarily in people who have high cholesterol generally have lifestyles with comorbidities, mostly all metabolic. Most everyone taking statins would be better off taking nattokinase every day instead. Overall the danger in statins (lower energy, weaker muscle contractions) isn't so much the statins themselves, rather the complacency they engender.

The lowered risk of CVD from statins is the same as the elevated risk of developing diabetes from taking them. Both very minor, so not a big deal. The hype though is nearly laughable and you've no doubtedly never looked into why, only read what goes with your confirmation.
    So if you are 30, have an ldl of 140 and your calcium score is 3, your 10 year cardiac risk is minimal. But your 30 year risk is almost inevitable because you already have calcified plaque at 30. Your argument is that it would be too aggressive to treat with a statin because the risk is low and your vet a 3-5 year period, we won’t have a study showing reduced mortality. But what about over 30-40 years? Of course nobody has that study, but therein lies the benefit. Ascvd is progressive over a long timeframe. We shouldn’t work to prevent plaque when you are 90% occluded. We should start way before that for high risk individuals.

Risk reduction depends on the length of the trial, whereas ascvd is a lifelong problem.

Source— I’m a medical provider in an unrelated field (I treat osteoporosis and bone disease), but with a huge family history of heart disease. My numbers are all great, I follow with cardiology and I keep modestly up to date with ascvd literature. But I’m sure your expertise trumps mine.
    Last edited by rampagefc77; 05-24-2024 at 12:38 PM.