Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    First off, not really sure why anyone would prefer to have spinning sleeves on a SSB outside of being able to use regular collars, and in that case, you could just weld the sleeves on and not have them spin at all. Spinning sleeves would only add to the lift being tougher than it already is...I could see one hitting a mini max spot, rounding forward, causing the sleeve to spin which then makes the act of going forward worse than it already is. A regular, fixed sleeve SSB is already tough as it is, not sure why it needs to be made tougher, but that's just my opinion.

Hate to say this, but we need more heavy trial reviews of all these new bars and equipment, and I've made this point known to Coop on multiple times calling out some of his reviews. Watching a review of someone swinging a Reverse Hyper with 25s on each side doesn't give me any idea of the build quality and how stable it is. Same goes for a Squat Bar with anything less than 500, SSB is in the same category, most any bar made with two plates on each side will function just fine, it's when it's loaded heavy where you see all the downfalls.
    One of the harder parts as well (I find this with some of the reviews I've done myself) is getting your hands on all of the options.

I have my EDGE SSB, and I'm in the 400-500 range with weight for reps with no problems on it, but I'm not about to buy an Elite, Crep, BOS, BWTG, etc. to compare them all. So even though I can give my thoughts on Edge's offering, I have zero experience to really say if it is better or worse than anything else on the market.

I get this question ALL the time, and unfortunately just tell people... Sorry, no ideas.

Other downside to how Coop's reviews often work, is he gets so much equipment, he is constantly in review mode and attempts to be first to market with every review. So bars get a few workouts at best, benches basically just get assembled and reviewed, rumors that he has a paid employee write the bulk of his reviews and he just drops in some notes after a week or so of use... Unless it ends up being a piece that he personally keeps in his garage for personal use, I'm not sure you are getting much of an expert review that would differ from your average Amazon review "I opened it, it is pretty, I like it... 5 stars!"
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting