Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    I have been alternating my work outs for years between a heavy poundage week and a moderate poundage week to emphasize myofibrillar hypertrophy for the former and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy for the latter. The rep ranges are higher for the moderate week. The rest intervals between sets are determined the same way for both work outs… how long it takes to return to near normal breathing.
    You know.... this makes a whole lotta' sense. As you can probably tell, I'm no fan of sacoplasmic hypertrophy... but that doesn't mean it isn't right for you.

Great thinking
    Author of The Blueprint - Want BIG gains WITHOUT drugs?

Want to get to Gainsville FAST? - Google Synthagen or theblueprintbulletin

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    You know.... this makes a whole lotta' sense. As you can probably tell, I'm no fan of sacoplasmic hypertrophy... but that doesn't mean it isn't right for you.

Great thinking
    On the moderate week's work out the reps are in the 12 to 15 range depending on the muscle group. I'll do reps in the 20's for hip belt squats. For the heavy week the reps range from 6 to 8. One advantage in the weekly alternation is I'm not stressing out my joints every week.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    On the moderate week's work out the reps are in the 12 to 15 range depending on the muscle group. I'll do reps in the 20's for hip belt squats. For the heavy week the reps range from 6 to 8. One advantage in the weekly alternation is I'm not stressing out my joints every week.
    Hip belt squats huh? I'm likin' this more and more....

Tell you what; Please PM me your email address. If so inclined, I have another gift for you...

This one isn't so little
    Author of The Blueprint - Want BIG gains WITHOUT drugs?

Want to get to Gainsville FAST? - Google Synthagen or theblueprintbulletin

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.